Fisetin: Senolytic!

fisetin senolytic

• Please log in to reply
1079 replies to this topic

#901 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Osris, 

With respect you have no grounds to reassure anyone because there isn't evidence to do so. Delayed wound healing is not something of a mere inconvenience, it can be a matter of life and death if circumstances conspire. Antibiotic failure is non-trivial, that it took Lost 16 days to get rid of what appeared a minor skin infection prompted him to stop. 

The very point of my mentioning the bleeding (and the dry socket which appears not to have fully healed, given it is still very heat sensitive) is because it was so unusual, highly correlative to fisetin and relates to a clotting failure - a known characteristic of senolytics. If scientifically something as weird as this is witnessed (weird in the population, and weird for me) - you don't dismiss it, you investigate. Just because an O-ring fails on a cold day and nothing too serious came of it, it should be filed under 'nothing to report'. 

There are three possibilities of interest: risky, little benefit; beneficial, little risk; beneficial, risky.  People tend to resolve their beliefs to one of the first two, resist the third because tension persists - but its a dangerous bias. 

Feeling good after 15g is not a counter-argument. I felt good too and but for a couple of unusual instances, I'd have nothing to report. But that's how it goes with high-impact low likelihood events. 

If you have decades in front of you there is no need to go gangbusters on senescent cells at this early stage of research, at least stay with in sensible parameters - I don't have dependents hence my risk profile is somewhat different. 

Anyhow, hopefully the gain of your experiment is significant and the risk low. I'll look forward to hearing of any positive developments. 

I’m sorry, I just can’t go along with your view that fisetin is dangerous to take. I can only go by my experience and that of hundreds of people who have taken it and had no protracted bleeding or wound healing delays. So there is really no cause to set alarm bells ringing as to fisetin’s “dangers”. 

I reiterate, your negative experience of it looks very much like a one-off event.

We can’t abandon a valuable supplement like fisetin simply because you had a bad reaction to it—assuming that reaction was connected to fisetin and not another supplement you were taking at the same time.

True, perhaps more research and the gathering of statistical information about protracted bleeding and wound healing delay cases needs to be done. But in the absence of that (which looks to continue being absent for many more years to come), we shouldn’t allow theoretical or hypothetical “complications” of taking fisetin to frighten us from taking it.

If we took that extreme cautious (if not timid) attitude towards other supplements that have a theoretical or hypothetical health risk but nevertheless benefited us, this forum would not exist.  

I agree with you that if you are young you shouldn’t be taking senolytics. And I am not suggesting that young people do. I'm just trying to show people who are not young that it is safe to take fisetin in particular. Other senolytics might very well be as you assume fisetin to be. I can only speak about fisetin, though.

Edited by osris, 21 January 2020 - 07:19 PM.

• Good Point x 2

#902 bhangchai

• 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:43 PM

Any mention in research articles that I have seen of anti-platelet activity by Fisetin is seen as a net positive finding...

• Needs references x 2

#903 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

Osris, its not about the supplement its about the dose. Senescent cells play an important role in wound signalling - this is known - fisetin removes senescent cells, which is also known. What part of those two facts should not invite some degree of caution? In addition two people who've taken large doses (from a small sample of tail end users) have reported some concerning side-effects. We want to remove these harmful cells without compromising our ability to heal - you have just dismissed the downside and gone in at a 15g dose, reassuring everyone this is perfectly safe when you have no basis for doing so. There is no relevant sample size of data, anecdotal or otherwise, to draw on to warrant underplaying the risk of high dosing this stuff. I am certainly not negative on fisetin I have reported several benefits, far more than most, but I am clear in reaffirming the risk - something which is expected of senescent-cell removal. Getting rid of these cells is good up until a point, but going beyond it is dangerous and we are all flying blind. 

• Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#904 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

To be clear about the dosage I took. It was not 15g. It was 1.5g a day for two days—so 3g in all.

Yes, 15g might very well be too high a dose to take. 

• like x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#905 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:24 PM

Dry socket update. I mentioned a couple of months ago suffering the afore mentioned following a tooth extraction. The clotting failure condition appears to occur in the low percent - estimates have ranged from 2-10%. In an earlier post I mentioned that after two months there was still considerable heat sensitivity, so I assumed it worryingly still hadn't healed. Thankfully that is not the case. Following a return trip, I was told that the socket had healed well but the gum beneath the adjacent tooth had contracted following the extraction, exposing the root, which led to the pain - which should improve.

• Off-Topic x 2

#906 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

A hemostatic dressing inserted into a dry socket will eventually dissolve and meld into socket gum flesh. Dentists treat dry socket this way. You could try that. You can buy it on Ebay.

• Agree x 1

#907 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

I suggest thinking before painting a post red, it is not off-topic. Dry sockets are relatively unusual and its is possible the clearance of senescent cells interfered with the clotting process. As such the present healing state 2 months on is relevant, especially as I had recently reported considerable sensitivity in that vicinity. 

Thanks Osris. 

#908 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:37 PM

You're welcome.

#909 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:07 PM

Your body clears senescent cells all the time, thus you are unlikely to accumulate decades of senescent cells. But the rate of new senescent cells increases steadily with age even as the mechanisms for removing them start to malfunction. The burden of senescent cells begins to creep up and it doesn't take many to cause a problem. They are a source of inflammation and exhibit a distinctive secretory phenotype that damages nearby cells. They thus have an outsized effect for their numbers.

With aged individuals, large numbers of cells are reaching the Hayflick limit and becoming senescent, thus senescence accelerates at that point. Cells are also becoming epigenetically old as well, thus it makes sense to eliminate them and replace them with zero age stem cells. This is something you wouldn't do every day, of course, but maybe once every few weeks for people over sixty.

I'm sure this study has been discussed here, but IMO it's one of the best studies that's been done and deserves plenty of attention.  As your post indicates. it matters a lot how senescent cells accumulate with age.  That would help guide how we treat them.  Well, now we know.

https://www.nature.c...467-019-13192-4

Basically they studied 4 hypotheses:

1. Senescent cells accumulate with age due to various forms of damage

2. Senescent cells catalyze their own production through paracrine and bystander effects

3. Senescent cell removal decreases with age due to age-related decline in immune surveillance

4. Senescent cells reduce their own removal rate via some mechanism like signaling, SASP, tissue dysfunction or immune dysfunction.

The study found very clearly that number 1 and 4 were the correct mechanisms.  But like any great study, it gets better. One great observation is that while Number 1 is true, the effect is linear, NOT exponential.  A second profound observation is that senescent cells very closely track the Gompertz curve.  

So what does this mean for implications.  Well, first of all, it adds more weight to the idea that targeting senescent cells for removal is still one of the powerful and accessible ways to intervene in aging right now.   An effective senolytic should flatten out the Gompertz curve somewhat and possibly make it much less exponential.  Truly revolutionary stuff.  But also, it tells us a lot about how we should target senescent cells.  The combination of 1/4 makes the mechanism look a lot like a simple feedback loop in which senescent cells increase at a linear rate due to damage, then those more numerous senescent cells in turn cause more damage via their own presence, thus making the process exponential  or close to it.  This makes it a truly powerful way to intervene as it breaks the cycle.  

What, according to this theory, will happen if we intervene to clear senescent cells?  Well, the damage may be coming from somewhere else (DNA/Environmental, etc.), so while it will lessen, there will still be a baseline of damage that will continue to drive a linear increase in senescent cells.  But the damage should in turn proceed at a much slower rate than previously.  But another weird implication arises from this.  If senescent cells are a major cause of their own production, then senescent cell clearance should become progressively easier at every successive intervention.  The first interventions should be as bold as possible, then less over time.  

As has been the case for a long time, the missing piece of the puzzle for senescent cells is that we can't easily measure them.  If we could, then I think this hallmark of aging would be pretty well beaten.  We would be able to intervene with increasing mathematical precision, and importantly, stop intervening when we don't need to.

• Informative x 4
  • like x 2

#910 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:35 PM

Does anyone thing this is too much?  F/700mg, D/100mg, Q/1000mg for 5 days?  Has anyone tried all three of these together?

#911 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

I'm sure this study has been discussed here, but IMO it's one of the best studies that's been done and deserves plenty of attention.  As your post indicates. it matters a lot how senescent cells accumulate with age.  That would help guide how we treat them.  Well, now we know.

https://www.nature.c...467-019-13192-4

Basically they studied 4 hypotheses:

1. Senescent cells accumulate with age due to various forms of damage

2. Senescent cells catalyze their own production through paracrine and bystander effects

3. Senescent cell removal decreases with age due to age-related decline in immune surveillance

4. Senescent cells reduce their own removal rate via some mechanism like signaling, SASP, tissue dysfunction or immune dysfunction.

The study found very clearly that number 1 and 4 were the correct mechanisms.  But like any great study, it gets better. One great observation is that while Number 1 is true, the effect is linear, NOT exponential.  A second profound observation is that senescent cells very closely track the Gompertz curve.  

So what does this mean for implications.  Well, first of all, it adds more weight to the idea that targeting senescent cells for removal is still one of the powerful and accessible ways to intervene in aging right now.   An effective senolytic should flatten out the Gompertz curve somewhat and possibly make it much less exponential.  Truly revolutionary stuff.  But also, it tells us a lot about how we should target senescent cells.  The combination of 1/4 makes the mechanism look a lot like a simple feedback loop in which senescent cells increase at a linear rate due to damage, then those more numerous senescent cells in turn cause more damage via their own presence, thus making the process exponential  or close to it.  This makes it a truly powerful way to intervene as it breaks the cycle.  

What, according to this theory, will happen if we intervene to clear senescent cells?  Well, the damage may be coming from somewhere else (DNA/Environmental, etc.), so while it will lessen, there will still be a baseline of damage that will continue to drive a linear increase in senescent cells.  But the damage should in turn proceed at a much slower rate than previously.  But another weird implication arises from this.  If senescent cells are a major cause of their own production, then senescent cell clearance should become progressively easier at every successive intervention.  The first interventions should be as bold as possible, then less over time.  

As has been the case for a long time, the missing piece of the puzzle for senescent cells is that we can't easily measure them.  If we could, then I think this hallmark of aging would be pretty well beaten.  We would be able to intervene with increasing mathematical precision, and importantly, stop intervening when we don't need to.

This ignores the most important point: that senescent cells have to be replaced, but with age, stem cell niches dry up. Removing senescent cells is just half the job.

• Good Point x 2

#912 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:23 PM

This ignores the most important point: that senescent cells have to be replaced, but with age, stem cell niches dry up. Removing senescent cells is just half the job.

Yes, obviously.  But a couple things, half the job or even correcting one hallmark completely, is a very, very big deal.  Secondly, the experimental results of various studies, including even a human one, show that there are no detrimental effects of depleting these cells without a corollary replacement, and in fact by almost every measure it's good.

Don't get me wrong, at some point we need to follow up with the cell therapy, which IMO will be epigenetic reprogramming.  And I think those two alone will bring us to 90% problem solved.  The other hallmarks and damages I'm increasingly led to believe are almost completely dependent on these two.

• Good Point x 1

#913 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:56 AM

Does anyone thing this is too much?  F/700mg, D/100mg, Q/1000mg for 5 days?  Has anyone tried all three of these together?

FWIW I have tried  a few times 100mg D +2000mg Q+ 1700mg F for 2 days every 3 months.

5 days of daily D seems excessive for senolytic purposes IMO.

• Informative x 1

#914 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

Don't get me wrong, at some point we need to follow up with the cell therapy, which IMO will be epigenetic reprogramming.  And I think those two alone will bring us to 90% problem solved.  The other hallmarks and damages I'm increasingly led to believe are almost completely dependent on these two.

This is kind of OT but: it could easily turn out that this solves a lot less than 90% of the problem. Eliminating SCs and cell therapy does nothing about crosslinks in the ECM, mito mutations, junk inside cells like 7-KC, and junk outside cells like transthyretin. And there's still huge uncertainty about how well future combos of SC elimination and immunotherapy could control (nevermind completely prevent and/or cure) cancer.

• like x 2

#915 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Ya, I've had similar discussions before and certainly reasonable people can disagree on these matters since they are hardly settled. 

As you can probably tell, I go by the Hallmarks of aging and not SENS.  I do notice that people usually bring up the ECM as the thing that can't be addressed with epigenetic therapy.  I would have to concede except for a single study I read.  That study basically showed that during the cellular renewal that happens with a new birth, lysosomes become highly acidic and the ecm is basically degraded then renewed.  For that reason, I'm hopeful that with epigenetic cellular renewal, there should be a concomitant renewal of ecm, though I can see why this would seem implausible at this point.  As for damages, I've never bought that every single class of macromolecular damage is some kind of really difficult problem that will require hundreds of separate cleanup regimes.  By definition, renewed cells have no problem cleaning things up, and we have many examples, including the germline, regenerative animals, negligibly senescent animals and so forth.  To take just a couple examples, does a salamanders regenerated heart tissue, or a planarians regenerated body, struggle with a dysfunctional ECM after?  Not in any literature I've read.  It can be assumed that the ECM and macromolecular damage is "taken care of" by cellular renewal.  

I will concede that there may be a cutoff age at which these types of damage are so pervasive that cellular renewal can't surmount them.  But even then, I'm still convinced it's 10% of the problem and a mopping up operation.

#916 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

I would have to concede except for a single study I read.  That study basically showed that during the cellular renewal that happens with a new birth, lysosomes become highly acidic and the ecm is basically degraded then renewed. 

Can you link this study?

#917 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

Had to dig it up, but sure.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...23/#!po=4.05405

In C. elegans, arrested oocytes exhibit a relaxation in proteostasis, which is reversed just before fertilization when sperm signalling relieves GLD-1-mediated repression of V-ATPase synthesis. Activated lysosomes enhance oocyte proteostasis by engulfing and clearing protein aggregates, and by promoting a metabolic shift from a primed, quiescent state accompanied by elevated ROS to an active metabolic state that supports aggregate mobilization for removal. This mechanism may also underlie the sperm-dependent clearance of carbonylated proteins

Most likely the "proteostasis renewal" they are talking about is intracellular.  But the smoking gun of this study is that they found a simple switch for a complex molecular process that occurs during fertilization/oogenesis.   Lysosomes do degrade ECM through one pathway, though not sure if they are the main cause of matrix turnover or not.  The point being that we should actually expect simple triggers and mechanisms like this because they happen over and over again during embryogenesis, regenerative animals and negligibly senescent animals.  I don't see why the ECM would be some huge exception. 

My contention is that biology knows how to regenerate/rejuvenate and that it's a controlled process in which all manner of damages are swept away.  I highly doubt there are as many pathways for renewal as there are for entropic damage.  First of all, it would still require a high degree of parallel coordination and control, it seems implausible.

#918 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:41 AM

Ya, I've had similar discussions before and certainly reasonable people can disagree on these matters since they are hardly settled. 

As you can probably tell, I go by the Hallmarks of aging and not SENS.  I do notice that people usually bring up the ECM as the thing that can't be addressed with epigenetic therapy.  I would have to concede except for a single study I read.  That study basically showed that during the cellular renewal that happens with a new birth, lysosomes become highly acidic and the ecm is basically degraded then renewed.  For that reason, I'm hopeful that with epigenetic cellular renewal, there should be a concomitant renewal of ecm, though I can see why this would seem implausible at this point.  As for damages, I've never bought that every single class of macromolecular damage is some kind of really difficult problem that will require hundreds of separate cleanup regimes.  By definition, renewed cells have no problem cleaning things up, and we have many examples, including the germline, regenerative animals, negligibly senescent animals and so forth.  To take just a couple examples, does a salamanders regenerated heart tissue, or a planarians regenerated body, struggle with a dysfunctional ECM after?  Not in any literature I've read.  It can be assumed that the ECM and macromolecular damage is "taken care of" by cellular renewal.  

I will concede that there may be a cutoff age at which these types of damage are so pervasive that cellular renewal can't surmount them.  But even then, I'm still convinced it's 10% of the problem and a mopping up operation.

What does solving 90% (or even 99%) of the problem even mean? If you prevent/cure everything but ignore transthyretin aggregates, you'll probably die of heart failure shortly after hitting age 110. And increasing lysosomal acidity (even if it doesn't lead to unacceptable side effects) does nothing about junk outside of cells and might not affect all types of junk even inside cells where lysosomes operate. As for crosslinks, lysosomes are useless, because those crosslinks are located outside of cells, in the extracellular matrix (ECM). And there's no known process by which the body can safely get rid of them out in the ECM. Increasing protein turnover has been suggested as a means of eliminating the crosslinks, but that strategy runs the risk of making blood vessels leaky.

Supercentenarians and transthyretin amyloidosis: the next frontier of human life extension.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22579241

The Future of Aging, page 591 (ECM turnover rates)
https://books.google...epage&q&f=false

Extracellular glycation crosslinks: prospects for removal.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16706655

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#919 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

What does solving 90% (or even 99%) of the problem even mean? If you prevent/cure everything but ignore transthyretin aggregates, you'll probably die of heart failure shortly after hitting age 110. And increasing lysosomal acidity (even if it doesn't lead to unacceptable side effects) does nothing about junk outside of cells and might not affect all types of junk even inside cells where lysosomes operate. As for crosslinks, lysosomes are useless, because those crosslinks are located outside of cells, in the extracellular matrix (ECM). And there's no known process by which the body can safely get rid of them out in the ECM. Increasing protein turnover has been suggested as a means of eliminating the crosslinks, but that strategy runs the risk of making blood vessels leaky.

Supercentenarians and transthyretin amyloidosis: the next frontier of human life extension.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/22579241

The Future of Aging, page 591 (ECM turnover rates)
https://books.google...epage&q&f=false

Extracellular glycation crosslinks: prospects for removal.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16706655

That sounds suspiciously like a SENS view, which I don't adhere to.  I think everyone can agree that the ECM does indeed turn over, and therefore it is not a passive process of damage accumulation.  It's also common sense that cells have a large role to play in ECM turnover.  Part of that is endocytosis and part of it is MMP balance.  What, pray tell, secretes MMPs?  You got it, cells!  Where does the sensing and signaling come from that determined MMP/TIMP balance?  hmmm.  No study has been done but I'm confident that cellular rejuvenation will also at least partially rejuvenate the ECM, and vice versa.  After all, the ECM is created, then regulated, and turned over by cells!

The larger issue with the damage theory that SENS propounds is that there are thousands of types of damage.  It's really not indicative of how biological processes work to say that these damages just overwhelm the system at some point and that's what cause aging.  It might make sense on a superficial level, and probably what a kid would say if you asked them what causes aging.  We have counter-examples where those same thousands of types of damage are easily controlled or reversed in some animals by higher level biological processes. 

Not only that but the solution to the so called damages is always ablation.  We now have numerous examples of completely failed experiments for that theory.  Removing amyloid doesn't cure Alzheimer's, for example.  Removing drusen from the eye does not cure macular degeneration.  There are countless examples, else we would have cured many diseases by now.  That's because diseases, like life are processes involving both ablation and creation, not passive systems subject to entropy. 

If and when Aubrey cures a disease or aging by removing junk, no one will be happier than me, but I'm not holding my breath. 

#920 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:48 PM

That sounds suspiciously like a SENS view, which I don't adhere to.  I think everyone can agree that the ECM does indeed turn over, and therefore it is not a passive process of damage accumulation.  It's also common sense that cells have a large role to play in ECM turnover.  Part of that is endocytosis and part of it is MMP balance.  What, pray tell, secretes MMPs?  You got it, cells!  Where does the sensing and signaling come from that determined MMP/TIMP balance?  hmmm.  No study has been done but I'm confident that cellular rejuvenation will also at least partially rejuvenate the ECM, and vice versa.  After all, the ECM is created, then regulated, and turned over by cells!

Yeah, but the more you increase protein turnover above the normal rate, the higher your risk of bleeding to death.

The larger issue with the damage theory that SENS propounds is that there are thousands of types of damage.  It's really not indicative of how biological processes work to say that these damages just overwhelm the system at some point and that's what cause aging.  It might make sense on a superficial level, and probably what a kid would say if you asked them what causes aging.  We have counter-examples where those same thousands of types of damage are easily controlled or reversed in some animals by higher level biological processes.

I've heard about those "thousands of types of damage" before, but it always turns out that they're just dysregulated functions caused (or most likely caused) by a small set of damage or just secondary damage.

Not only that but the solution to the so called damages is always ablation.  We now have numerous examples of completely failed experiments for that theory.  Removing amyloid doesn't cure Alzheimer's, for example.  Removing drusen from the eye does not cure macular degeneration.  There are countless examples, else we would have cured many diseases by now.  That's because diseases, like life are processes involving both ablation and creation, not passive systems subject to entropy.

Actually, it's remove (i.e., ablation) repair (e.g., cell therapy), or render harmless (e.g., backup mito genes in the cell nucleus).

And while some diseases and conditions like AD have multiple causes, others (e.g., cancer, stroke) are dominated by a single cause (i.e., mutations and the accumulation of plaque, respectively). So, it's easy to see how heart failure after age 110 could primarily be caused by transthyretin junk.

If and when Aubrey cures a disease or aging by removing junk, no one will be happier than me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well, he seems to have been right about removing SCs more than a decade before Hallmarks.

And to sort of get back on-topic: but we still have to be cautious about what the size of the effect of SC removal alone will be in humans.

#921 OP2040

• Topic Starter
  • 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:24 PM

Yes, only time and more studies will tell.  I guess the really important question here is what makes mice and humans different.  We already know that what works in mice rarely works in humans.  One difference is that mice really don't live that long, even when body size is taken into account.  Another is that they have longer telomeres with a faster attrition rate.  So it seems they are well adapted to take lots of damage, the flip side of that being that they are also probably well adapted to recover much more quickly from disease states.  In contrast, humans seem to have a slower tick rate for both telomeres and epigenetic clocks.  This means we have already maxed out some of these pathways and we do indeed live a very long time. 

No idea what the implications of this are, just trying to start a discussion, since this seems to be the main roadblock.

#922 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:51 PM

While fisetin bioavailabilty issue keeps unsolved when ingested, market wise, this company Gevitta, LLC develops a fisetin spray: Scepter Holdings, Inc., anticipates introduction of Fisetin infused sprays developed by Gevitta, LLC.

Your thoughts on this, please.

Edited by Engadin, 04 February 2020 - 06:52 PM.

#923 Empiricus

• 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:01 AM

Follow-up on my post #837 and subsequent reports, where I reported taking 5g of fisetin spread out over 5 days.  

Compared to an equivalent 5 day periods fasting, any benefits from 5g of fisetin remain unclear to me.  

Whereas low dose fisetin (200mg/day for several weeks/month) at least had a variety of immediate positive

psychological effects, I can't point to any apparent benefits form the higher dosing.  

Both low and high dose fisetin seemed to slow wound healing. During the period of low-dosing I had

a staph infection requiring minor operation and antibiotics, and hurt myself lifting weights in May and recovery

has been slower than from any previous such fitness-related injury I've ever had.  

Following the more recent high dose fisetin, I saw a setback in the recovery from the shoulder injury.  

I can't say if fisetin was to blame, but the injury became more debilitating, to the extent that I had to

stop certain exercises altogether.   The injury became more debilitating than at any time since its occurrence.

This setback occurred in December.  The injury has since been improving gradually.  

To summarize: the positive effects of 5 days fasting are quite striking. By contrast, I can't see that fisetin

at 5g over 5 days really does much.  At least at low doses, it put me in to a more positive state of mind.

Though even at the low dose it may have contributed to both the slow-healing and/or severity of my

staph infection and the injury sustained exercising.  

Another thing: As someone who is extremely sensitive to even small amounts of fisetin, I consider the

extreme lengths many people go through to try to make fisetin "more absorbable" totally unnecessary.  

I often took low doses with fish oil, but it seemed to give me a mental boost even without it. 

Edited by Empiricus, 10 February 2020 - 03:38 AM.

• Informative x 3

#924 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

S O U R C E : Alive by Nature

GENTS, I AM NO MORE THAN A HUMBLE MESSENGER. Please take this just as news, no promotion intended at all. Thanks.

The research if very clear that the biggest obstacle to boosting NAD+ levels is bioavailabilty.  We took the first step in solving that problem with our NMN and NAD+ powders and sublingual tablets.

Now we’ve taken an even bigger step with our advanced nanoliposome hydrogel featuring Control Release Kinetics designed for sublingual delivery.

post-46930-0-67515700-1581444538_thumb.j

LSG™ – combining the power of Liposomes & Sublingual delivery in advanced Gel technology
LSG™ nanoparticles are 20-40 nanometers – smaller than wavelengths of visible light – to maximize biological efficiency and precision performance. Smaller lipsomes penetrate the epithelium more readily, and are not filtered out by the liver as larger liposomes are.

This sublingual delivery system features Control Release Kinetics™, using sustained release liposomes to protect nutrients before release into systemic circulation with improved efficacy.

Our nanoparticulate Gel technology is formulated to improve active compound permeability across the epithelium, provide optimal solubilization and maximize systemic release kinetics.

LIPOSOMES

Liposomes are vesicles comprised of phospholipid molecules – the same molecules that comprise cell membranes. Liposomal drug delivery systems have excellent biocompatibility, low toxicity and lack of immune system activation.

Phospholipid molecules consist of a hydrophilic phosphate head and two hydrophobic fatty acid tails. These features enable liposomes to be able to transport hydrophobic and hydrophilic compounds effectively. Due to low absorption and bioavailability rates of traditional oral dietary capsules, the encapsulation of hydrophilic and hydrophobic nutrients within liposomes allows the active ingredient to bypass the destructive elements of the gastric system.

Liposomes release drug molecules by membrane fusion. To release the protected molecules to a site of action, the lipid bilayer fuses with other bilayers such as the cell membrane, delivering the liposome contents directly into the cells and tissues intact.

Read more about the power of Liposomes

SUBLINGUAL

Wikipedia: “When a chemical comes in contact with the mucous membrane beneath the tongue, it is absorbed. Because the connective tissue beneath the epithelium contains a profusion of capillaries, the substance then diffuses into them and enters the venous circulation. In contrast, substances absorbed in the stomach and intestines are subject to first-pass metabolism in the liver before entering the general circulation and typically have very poor bioavailability.” 

The phospholipids in liposomes utilize the sublingual pathway to bring their payload directly into systemic circulation.

However, the quantity of liposomes delivered in liquid or spray is extremely limited and larger dosages are required, resulting in more of the product being swallowed.

The highly permeable sublingual entry site can be utilized for longer duration when administered in the form of our proprietary bioadhesive gel.

Read more about the power of Sublingual delivery.

GEL

With a 0.1-0.7 mm thick mucus layer, the oral cavity is an effective route of administration for mucoadhesive dosages.

Our mucoadhesive gel is designed to adhere to biological tissues, prolong residence time and maintain an optimal release rate. LSG™ is designed to assure prolonged retention time by dynamically increasing the viscosity of the gel after application.

Controlled Release Kinetics™ within the hydrogel technology provide further advanced bioavailability and efficacy.

Bioadhesive Hydrogel – Innovative Liposomal Suspension

Our LSG™ technology provides controlled-release performance with liposomes suspended in a natural bioadhesive gel. The loaded hydrogel increases contact time to improve performance over liquid products where production of saliva induces swallowing rather than sublingual absorption.

The mucoadhesive gel in our LSG products is designed to avoid rapid clearance of nutrient nanoparticles and maintain a long-term concentration gradient at the mucosal surface to ensure the unidirectional diffusion, and provides unsurpassed bioavailability with higher systemic delivery of nutrients to systemic circulation.

#925 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:11 PM

I took my second round, almost exactly one month later.

Dosing was: 3 days sequential at 3, 4, and 5 grams. Since the last day, I feel like utter crap. Not sure it's this, I have other health issues; but I'm hoping this is like some kind of lysis - type thing going on. Almost got chills today, tired, minor pains all over.

I hope I didn't overdo it.

#926 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:00 PM

I took my second round, almost exactly one month later.

Dosing was: 3 days sequential at 3, 4, and 5 grams. Since the last day, I feel like utter crap. Not sure it's this, I have other health issues; but I'm hoping this is like some kind of lysis - type thing going on. Almost got chills today, tired, minor pains all over.

I hope I didn't overdo it.

FYI,

Feeling much better today. May have just been coincidental.

#927 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 09:03 PM

I’m sorry, I just can’t go along with your view that fisetin is dangerous to take. I can only go by my experience and that of hundreds of people who have taken it and had no protracted bleeding or wound healing delays. So there is really no cause to set alarm bells ringing as to fisetin’s “dangers”. 

I reiterate, your negative experience of it looks very much like a one-off event.

We can’t abandon a valuable supplement like fisetin simply because you had a bad reaction to it—assuming that reaction was connected to fisetin and not another supplement you were taking at the same time.

True, perhaps more research and the gathering of statistical information about protracted bleeding and wound healing delay cases needs to be done. But in the absence of that (which looks to continue being absent for many more years to come), we shouldn’t allow theoretical or hypothetical “complications” of taking fisetin to frighten us from taking it.

If we took that extreme cautious (if not timid) attitude towards other supplements that have a theoretical or hypothetical health risk but nevertheless benefited us, this forum would not exist.  

I agree with you that if you are young you shouldn’t be taking senolytics. And I am not suggesting that young people do. I'm just trying to show people who are not young that it is safe to take fisetin in particular. Other senolytics might very well be as you assume fisetin to be. I can only speak about fisetin, though.

Just an FYI, regarding wound healing, I had a small split in the skin (in a rather personal area) heal that had not been healing. Kind of the opposite of "delayed wound healing". Does anybody really believe that fisetin kills a large enough percentage of senescent cells to actually delay wound healing? I believe I read somewhere (might be wrong) that Mayo had estimated 15% - 20%. But perhaps that was in relation to Dasatanib - Quercetin, can't remember for certain.

#928 HBRU

• 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

IP6 may help both in senolitic protocols and virus infections ??

https://www.livescie...accomplice.html

#929 Oakman

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

IP6 may help both in senolitic protocols and virus infections ??

https://www.livescie...accomplice.html

After reading a bit, such as...

https://jneuroinflam...018-1235-0#Sec1

I'm not sure whether knowing how to introduce the key to initiate necroptosis with IP6 is a good or bad thing. Viruses destroy cells and cause inflammation, so it seems this key may make it worse? .. or maybe make the infection over quicker? I didn't really understand enough of the study to get a good handle on its significance, or any therapies it could be applied to.

#930 HBRU

• 167 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:26 PM

After reading a bit, such as...

https://jneuroinflam...018-1235-0#Sec1

I'm not sure whether knowing how to introduce the key to initiate necroptosis with IP6 is a good or bad thing. Viruses destroy cells and cause inflammation, so it seems this key may make it worse? .. or maybe make the infection over quicker? I didn't really understand enough of the study to get a good handle on its significance, or any therapies it could be applied to.

Well infected cells have to be destroyed ASAP because there is no way to heal them. Senesent cells if you do senolitics you want to kill them: so same thing. By the way I'm preparing myself to coronavirus infection with a 5 days senolitic protocol as it seems for this virus having a lot of senesent cells around is particularly bad...
I live in Italy so the bad guy is here....
  • Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fisetin, senolytic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users