23andme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davis89x

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:15 AM

Hello

I asked some simple question to 23andme(about the difference between 99 and 199$ option), but I got an answer that I don't understand(maybe because english is not my main language), maybe someone could help me understand this? Here's the answer:
"Hi X, 23andMe performs genotyping, meaning that we look at specific positions along your genome that are known to differ between individuals. These positions are called SNPs (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms). Many of these SNPs are incorporated into our reports. Our customers can view and download their uninterpreted data from the genotyping analysis in its raw format (your A's, T's, C's and G's) within the Browse Raw Data feature. The Browse Raw Data feature is available in both the Ancestry Service and Health + Ancestry Service. However, we do not provide a preview of the Browse Raw Data feature as this data is only suitable for informational use and should not be used for medical purposes. 23andMe raw data has undergone a general quality review, however only a subset of markers have been individually validated for accuracy. For this reason, if receiving raw data is your primary goal, we cannot recommend that you purchase our service. Hope that helps! Best, 23andMe"

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

The cheaper version doesn't give you the medical report, however, you can download their raw data and upload it to https://promethease.com/ and get a searchable medical report for $12. And if you wait long enough, 23andme will eventually send you a discount code for their medical report. The last one I got was for $49, but I already had everything I needed from promethease, which back then was $5.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

I believe Joseph Cohen's SelfDecode.com site is comparable in functionality to the Promethease site.

You upload the data of a 23andme test and get various reports about your DNA. SelfDecode also provides suggestions links about what to do about specific problems found in your DNA that reference the content of Selfhacked.Com.

Highly recommended.

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:37 AM

since the dna test for 23andme and ancestry are depended on white blood/t cells or something to test for your origins and such , can a compromised immune system affect your results?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 23andme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users