• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

For those of you getting sublingual NMN, how are you using it?

nmn sublingual

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RichardAlan

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

I just recently bought the sublingual NMN.  I've been putting it under my tongue and leaving it there but I notice it takes sometimes almost 15 minutes to completely dissolve.  For those people using the same product, what's been your experiences and how are you using it?

#2 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

hah, you have far more patience than me.  I mostly prefer the powder, but carry the tabs when out and about sometimes.  I just bite it once and then it dissolves in 30 seconds or so.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:56 AM

hah, you have far more patience than me.  I mostly prefer the powder, but carry the tabs when out and about sometimes.  I just bite it once and then it dissolves in 30 seconds or so.

Thanks, I tried that today.  I will look into buying the powder as that looks like it will be a lot easier for home use.  BTW, how much are you taking each day.  I'm now taking 6 of the 125mg tablets spread out though the day. 

#4 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

RichardAlan,

The tablets are definitely not "Fast Dissolve" for me. I use them sometimes when riding my bicycle, or maybe driving long distances. I break them into quarters, and take 2 of those at a time. It still takes 10 plus minutes. As far as the powder, I currently take about 60-100 mgs plus or minus about 5 times a day spread out, sometimes as late as just before bed. The powder dissolves fairly quickly sometimes, and takes longer others. Maybe 2 minutes to 5 plus minutes. I have tried to figure out the faster times, and it might be when I have been drinking my MCT/Ghee Coffee. Maybe the fat.

Edited by Heisok, 19 December 2018 - 04:43 PM.

#5 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

RichardAlan,

The tablets are definitely not "Fast Dissolve" for me. I use them sometimes when riding my bicycle, or maybe driving long distances. I break them into quarters, and take 2 of those at a time. It still takes 10 plus minutes. As far as the powder, I currently take about 60-100 mgs plus or minus about 5 times a day spread out, sometimes as late as just before bed. The powder dissolves fairly quickly sometimes, and takes longer others. Maybe 2 minutes to 5 plus minutes. I have tried to figure out the faster times, and it might be when I have been drinking my MCT/Ghee Coffee. Maybe the fat.

I've read that before and it seems so bizarre to me that the powder takes so long for you.  I guess I have  a lot of saliva or something, because the powder is totally gone in about 15 seconds for me.

I do find their NAD+ powder is slower to absorb for me and takes about a minute.  Usually, I move it around a little to speed it up.

I take around 1,500 mg on the 3-4 days I do my intense exercise (HIIT/crossfit).  Otherwise I either take a little NAD+ in the morning to get going, or none at all.

#6 RichardAlan

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:42 AM

I've read that before and it seems so bizarre to me that the powder takes so long for you.  I guess I have  a lot of saliva or something, because the powder is totally gone in about 15 seconds for me.

I do find their NAD+ powder is slower to absorb for me and takes about a minute.  Usually, I move it around a little to speed it up.

I take around 1,500 mg on the 3-4 days I do my intense exercise (HIIT/crossfit).  Otherwise I either take a little NAD+ in the morning to get going, or none at all.

Do you find there is an immediate increase in your energy level when taking the NAD+ or NMN?  I'm taking NMN now but don't notice any big difference between before and after taking it.  For the pills I know put a pill in a teaspoon and crush it with another teaspoon on top.  Makes it go to powder immediately and then put that in my mouth under my tongue. 

#7 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:07 AM

I should have been specific as to the powder. To me there is a big difference between disolving in saliva, and absorption. More saliva equals disolving the powder, but less concentrated absorption under the tongue. Does saliva absorb under the tongue to a large degree anyway? or is it swallowed with the NMN?

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:27 AM

I should have been specific as to the powder. To me there is a big difference between disolving in saliva, and absorption. More saliva equals disolving the powder, but less concentrated absorption under the tongue. Does saliva absorb under the tongue to a large degree anyway? or is it swallowed with the NMN?

Yeah, I don't really understand the different absorption rates we experience.

More saliva might be part of it.  Of course some is likely swallowed.  But I don't feel like I am swallowing it when I take 200 mg or less.  It seems to just disappear/absorb.   

Probably ideal if there is  enough moisture to melt it, but not so much it floats around and is mostly swallowed.  

When I have tried 500 mg at once, I can tell much of it  doesn't absorb and I end up swallowing a lot more.

#9 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:35 AM

Do you find there is an immediate increase in your energy level when taking the NAD+ or NMN?  I'm taking NMN now but don't notice any big difference between before and after taking it.  For the pills I know put a pill in a teaspoon and crush it with another teaspoon on top.  Makes it go to powder immediately and then put that in my mouth under my tongue. 

With the NMN powder, I don't notice  caffeine like stimulation, but more endurance in my exercise.

I do notice stimulation with doses of NAD+ powder 200 mg or more.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

trans-dermal,Rectal administration, snorting, or sublingual routes  have never worked for me for some reason ever since gi-tract havoc making oral route not work either only very few things and little effect then high dose needed. have yet to try: inject, via eye and inhale.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, sublingual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users