Did Trazodon destroy me in 9 days?

pssd trazodone sufferer anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Trazohell

• 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:40 PM

Hello everybody,

I've been following the interesting discussions about Anhedonia / PSSD here for some time and need their help since I'm finished with my Latin.
I will try to keep this short.

In December 2017, I took 100-200 mg of trazodone in a clinic for a total of nine days.
I still remember that there were a total of 11 pills.
I took them mainly for the massive anxiety and sleep disturbances that I was exposed to and stopped when I realized that I was developing various sexual and mental side effects.
Unfortunately, too late, because after nearly a year (December 26th I will be in this hell for a year) I am still suffering from the following symptoms:

- "chemical castration", ie essentially no libido, loss of morning wood and spontaneous erections

- Anhedonia, extremely difficult to enjoy life. Before, despite depression, I was a very passionate and emotionally connected person.
  I do not even react to alcohol as much as I used to.

- physical symptoms such as pain in the pelvis and lower abdomen, pulling / stinging into testicles and legs.
  Penile curve that was not there before, loose penis root while it is at the same time indurated, the penis feels like rubber.
  I know it sounds weird and I know it has something to do with cold and heat, but the scrotum hangs more now, before it was never so extreme.
  Loss of skin sensitivity, especially strong on the scrotum, reduced sperm volume

- mostly massive sleep disorders despite hard physical work

- Feeling of "depersonalization", as if everything was not right, concentration and memory difficulties

What was examined by the doctors:

- MRI of head and lumbar spine
- Lumbar puncture
- Ultrasound of bladder, testes and prostate
- Measurement of nerve conduction velocity
- big blood picture
- Hormone test (results are pending)

What I have tried so far:

- Curcumin: took it for years before and gave me rock hard erections, now it does not work anymore
- Maca: needed to take only a teaspoon before and had only sex in the head, but now nothing too
- St. John's Wort: brought back simple desire and pleasure, but I stopped it because it feels very serotonergic (needed longer to orgasm). With a few months later, the positive effect did not    return, I felt mentally worse at some point so that I finally stopped.
- Rhodiola Rosea: just made me mentally absent
- Inositol: initially gave me better colors, later I was so forgetful and confused that I must stopped. Made my Anhedonia much worse in the end. I would say with Buprobione it's the only thing that make me really worse so far
- Lecitihn / Forskolin: nothing ...
- Gym / Jogging: nothing ...
- Moclobemid: sometimes I felt a little better, then a little worse. All in all, nothing big.
- Buprobion: only one pill increased my depersonalization massive, so I see no reason to give it a try any longer
- physiotherapy for the pelvic floor: slightly loosened the hardened feeling at the penis root, a little better libido, but far away from be cured
- Semax: better focus and concentration, some libido windows 
- BPC-157: made me a little clearer and at the same time gave me a slight depersonalization, so I stopped. Definitely better skin sensitivity.

I do not know what the hell happened, none of that apart from the insomnia and depersonalization through a stressful life phase existed until I took this garbage.
I've had more positive experiences with antidepressants so far. I took fluoxetine + fluvoxamine for 1 year each and had no side effects, except fluoxetine sometimes did not reach orgasm and fluvoxamine got a numb penis after withdraw, but it disappeared fairly quickly. (The gap between ffluvoxamine and trazodone was about 9 months)
So I never expected that I would get through Trazodon in this mess.
I was a very emotional person full of passion, had goals and dreams in life, had a libido from which other men could only dream (masturbated since my puberty 3-5 times a day), and now maybe I'm destroyed for life because I'm back jumped into this underworld of quack drugs, instead of estimating that I had no noticeable damage from two years of SSRI.
The only positive thing that did it was that my anxiety disorder, which had been going worse despite SSRI and psychotherapy, is "cured" now. It's like having a switch in the brain
I hope that is not PSSD.

In the meantime, I thought of chronic pelvic pain syndrome or non-bacterial prostatitis.
Perhaps through its alpha-blocking effect, Trazodone temporarily interacts with the organs or muscles at the pelvic area.
Or my dopamine system was fucked by 5HT2 antagonism and its downregulation. Somewhere I read that 5HT2 is important for dopamine.
Norepinephrine may also be involved as trazodone prevents its binding to the receptor.

I already wrote more than I wanted.
The key question is: am I destroyed?
What else is there for treatment attempts?
I still have Selegilin and Tianeptin here but not tried yet ...
I am grateful for any helpful and serious answer.

greeting

Edited by Trazohell, 22 December 2018 - 11:47 PM.

#2 Trazohell

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Please, help me someone. I don't want to life like this. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Trazohell

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

247 views and nobody have somethin to say? 

I would have expected more from a forum like Longecity.

#4 justabody

• 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:43 PM

anhedonia is a complex issue, no one has come up with a certain cure, some people have hit the jackpot with NSI-189, lots of people try a seemingly endless array of substances with no results

drug-induced anhedonia is relatively common, and it's certainly one of humanity's worst inventions. some things that have worked for others are the aforementioned NSI, ECT, pramipexole, ketamine infusions, psilocybin, potassium-channel openers, you can check these off as you go when you try them. it's what I've been doing when I came down with a nice case of anhedonia from olanzapine.

best of luck.

#5 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Trazodone is supposed to be the safest for sexual health. In fact it can help fix problems caused by SSRI use. I would seriously doubt 11 pills did all that to you.

You said that you were in a clinic for other "brain" issues. It can be coincidence that your intimacy issues started while you were seeking treatment.

You can add requip and 9MBC to the above list of treatments.

Edited by Rocket, 11 January 2019 - 06:53 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#6 Trazohell

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

I know that from a pharmacological point of view, it seems unlikely, but it was definitely Trazodone. One does not become another person through therapy in nine days (in a negative sense). I was on a good path before I took this garbage.
I learned to love myself, appreciate the little things in life, my depersonalization was almost gone. Only fears and sleep disturbances still burdened me.
But a wrong decision (to take Trazodon) has destroyed everything. I was terribly naïve at the allegedly fetal effects and the thought that it could not happen after I had no problems with SSRI. But I have also read from people who got persistent problems after mirtazapine and agomelatine. It all combines 5HT2 antagonism.
Paradox reaction or a lie of the pharmaceutical industry?

Anyway, I found four more people on the internet besides me, who got similar or the same problems after Trazodon.
One was allegedly cured by physiotherapy for the pelvic floor.
It only helped me to get rid of the horrible pain 99%, but still quite numb.
Another said he had regained all his feelings and erections from Valproate, but libido was still very low.
Another one, unfortunately, does not hear anything more, he still had the problems amazing 6 years later and wrote last time something that he has accepted his condition, so I do not think he is cured.
It really worries me that maybe I will never be the same again, I want to reach at least 80% to accept it.
At the moment I am researching potential treatment options with the fourth person concerned, he and the one guy before he took valproate have already tried dopamine agonists, unfortunately they don't worked...
The 9MBC sounds very interesting.

Edited by Trazohell, 15 January 2019 - 08:34 PM.

#7 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:28 AM

It's challenging to suggest effective treatments on a forum like this, but from what you've said, it sounds like something got messed-up in your dopamine and/or serotonin metabolism. It may be that you have a genetic weakness in one or more of the enzymes involved, and that the Trazodone provoked an increased expression of that weakness.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is difficult to diagnose and treat, often requiring a fair bit of experimentation, because the associated lab tests just aren't very good yet (although an Organic Acids test would be a useful starting point).

A few ideas that might help get you started:

1. Try Tyrosine, which is a dopamine precursor.
  2. Try 5-HTP, which a serotonin precursor.
  3. Try Methylfolate, Methyl-B12, Magnesium and a strong antioxidant (just not Vit C) -- first, one at a time, and then all together. These are all involved with BH4 metabolism, which is the precursor to most neurotransmitters.

If something makes you worse, that can be an important indicator. Keep notes about what you try and the effect it has.

A disturbance in nitric oxide metabolism is another possibility. Has your blood pressure gone up?

#8 Trazohell

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Thank you for trying to help, but their listed substances are all too weak (Tyrosine) or may even worsen the situation (5HTP).
I have already tried vitamin B 12 as an injection.
I seriously consider a combination of Luvox + Nortryptiline, I've read it in this thread, among others:

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 triguy

• 79 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:01 PM

Doc prescribed trazodone to me once.

turned me into a drooling ZOMBIE!     

don't know how people use that stuff

• Enjoying the show x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users