How can I upregulate 5HT2A legally?

5ht2a

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ write a quiz!

#1 neurobliss

• 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:52 PM

I have a sense of detachment, blunted affect, and loss of motivation/zest for life which I believe is due to decreased glutamatergic transmission. Modulating monoaminergic neurotransmitters doesn't seem to help with this issue. I have read an article about 5HT modulating glutamate signaling, and it was suggested in there that the safest way to modulate glutamate levels without risking excitotoxicity is via 5HT2A agonism.

Microdosing LSD or mushrooms is not an option for me because I have two small children and I can't risk a felony conviction, therefore I want to figure out how to this legally. Can anyone suggest legal/safe supplements or herbs that might get the job done?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2430669/

As the author suggested, the interplay between glutamate and 5-HT receptors offers new possibilities in the treatment of a glutamate deficit: as a matter of fact, the use of glutamate agonists would induce neurotoxicity and convulsions, whereas it might prove a good strategy to act on 5-HT2A receptors which in turn modulate glutamate-mediated effects [23].

Edited by neurobliss, 14 January 2019 - 06:58 PM.

#2 Rocket

• 759 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:04 PM

I think lisuride is what you're after.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,172 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:33 AM

St. John's Wort upregulates 5-HT2A.

Panax ginseng is non-psychedelic 5-HT2A agonist.

• Good Point x 2

#4 neurobliss

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

It's not available in my country.

#5 neurobliss

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

St. John's Wort upregulates 5-HT2A.

Panax ginseng is non-psychedelic 5-HT2A agonist.

Thanks for the info! SJW doesn't seem to agree with me but I'm going to give P.ginseng a try.

#6 Rocket

• 759 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

It's not available in my country.

You are in the USA. It is available as a research chemical. I have bought some for rat experimentation last year.

#7 neurobliss

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

You are in the USA. It is available as a research chemical. I have bought some for rat experimentation last year.

Where did you buy it from? Whenever I tried these research sites in the past they want proof that you are a legit researcher. Have you tried lisuride yourself? What was your experience?

In the meantime, I wanted to give an update on ginseng. I got some high potency Changbai Red Ginseng and made a strong brew with it. There was definitely a strong effect with a first dose. My emotions felt stronger and I felt the need to work through some past traumatic experiences and cry, but not in a bad way, more like what people describe on entheogens. In the evening I felt really relaxed and experienced the return of thought fluidity and ability to think in images, which I rely on for my creativity.

So all in all, I would say it's pretty good stuff - thanks for recommending. However, from what I read it looks like the mood effects of ginseng tend to poop out after a few weeks so most likely not a long term solution.

I should add that I'm also taking Lexapro right now so my reaction might be related to SSRI potentiation. I also don't know if I can get the same effect from cheap supplements rather than from this very expensive root tonic which is not sustainable long term due to high price and amount of time involved in preparation. 

Edited by neurobliss, 21 January 2019 - 05:23 PM.

#8 jacobjerondin

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:34 AM

Pretty sure Lexapro will downregulate 5ht2a like all SSRIs will, not sure tho. How about NSI-189 (it will prob work for your symptoms without directly affecting 5ht2a afaik).

I have an idea that acorus calamus (american sweet flag, that is) could help you as well. Ignore the worries about carcinogenicity, those are based on some dumb studies of them giving rats massive doses for an extended period if I understand things correctly.

Maybe aniracetam too? I def helped me with zest for life and motivation (before it stopped working after 3 months, to prevent that maybe try taking a couple days off every week).

Edited by jacobjerondin, 15 March 2019 - 01:35 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Ovidus

• 99 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:53 AM

Very interesting

Is it OK for you to share what effects you were seeking and what you have experienced?

By any chance has there been appetite supression resulting from this? AFAIK, it is also on the short list of chemicals that are 5HT2C agonist.

I was researching a substance that can be both an appetite supressant as well as hypnotic and Lisuride  seems to fit the bill. Even though Lisuride is a dopaminergic drug and dopamine tends to amp you up, we know that there are a lot of exceptions to this rule.

Thanks a lot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5ht2a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users