• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

What's your purpose to live?

purpose life philosphy future

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ameshairos

• 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

Why do you continue to live?

What's your purpose? 
What's your deepest need?

I nearly died once; had I been operated minutes later I wouldn't be with you.

There are many things you feel at such a moment, if you're unlucky and my age... being really young...

You think that it hurts. You see the blood. But you really don't feel anything but peace and a crawling sense of eternal blindness.

It really doesn't hurt. Physically at least. 

But you are sorry. 

You'll lose whoever you love, your life and... 

Your future.

Our future, being alive just moments before we finally reach the next level of human evolution and revolution.

We are alive in a time of never seen progess... but many of us are not able to contribute to this.

In the near of far future this planet will die. It won't be habitable anymore.

So it's our battle, our goal, to make human life possible in space. Followed by cosmic human expansion.

That's my purpose.

The moment before I die I need to see a colony lead by a economical and political entity out there, that we can trust in.

We got the potential. Because we are gods.

So what's your purpose?

• like x 2

#2 Clavius

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:47 PM

Currently the only reason for me is my family. They would be deeply upset if I were to croak. But for myself, I look forward to the cold embrace of the black void.

• Cheerful x 1

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Moderator, Secretary
  • 16,291 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:11 PM

Helping myself and others reverse aging and live unlimited lifespans.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 cocoonman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

My purpose in life is to send a call for aid across a gulf of time. I don't know by whom or by what will my message be intercepted and read. Will the future generations be "minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic", or will they be compassionate? I can't find a rational reason why would someone want to bring me (or anyone from my era) back to life. But maybe those minds of the future will be irrational and sentimental.

#5 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Why does anyone have to "justify their existence"? Perhaps doing simple everyday stuff is enough reason to want to live!

• like x 1

#6 AceNZ

• 225 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

My purpose in life is to be happy!

I don't see any reason for a purpose more complex than that.

• like x 1

#7 forever freedom

• 2,357 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

To constantly improve myself and my surroundings in order to be ever happier and make those i care about happier, and to try to beat aging for me and everyone.

#8 SteampunkScientist

• 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

To Understand,

To attempt to Eff the "Ineffable" question why we are here in the first place.... Is it no more than a vast and rare cosmic accident? Just the random accumulation of chemicals that through almost impossible odds "learned" to self replicate and form via evolutionary processes over vast periods of time finally led to us here and now?

OR is there something more - something that "wants" to exist and we are merely the current "step" in that transition.

Whatever, I just want to know, and experience all that I can.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#9 Puppalupacus

• 55 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: purpose, life, philosphy, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users