- - - - -

Broccoli Extract Powder and NMN

broccoli nmn

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:53 AM

Broccoli is the food with the most NMN, so my question is will broccoli extract powder have the same amount of NMN? 

https://www.bulksupp...BcaAv1AEALw_wcB

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 06 February 2019 - 02:53 AM.

#2 male_1978

• 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:13 AM

Here is a list about the amount of minerals and vitamins found in broccoli. 

https://ndb.nal.usda...foods/show/2871

NMN isnt even listed, so i assume its far less than Niacin (about 0.6 mg for 100 g broccoli). Since 90% of the mass of broccoli is water, the value will probably be around 10 times higher in powder, maybe 6 mg Niacin in 100 g broccoli powder. NMN content will be much less i assume.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jiminy Glick

• Topic Starter
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

Here is a list about the amount of minerals and vitamins found in broccoli. 

https://ndb.nal.usda...foods/show/2871

NMN isnt even listed, so i assume its far less than Niacin (about 0.6 mg for 100 g broccoli). Since 90% of the mass of broccoli is water, the value will probably be around 10 times higher in powder, maybe 6 mg Niacin in 100 g broccoli powder. NMN content will be much less i assume.

Interesting well broccoli is listed as the food with the most NMN on several websites. However NMN powder is very expensive so we need companies to start figuring out ways to lower the price to increase demand. Also I have no idea on how NMN is affected if you cook broccoli as we do see flucuations with vitamins for example in food in terms of cooking. 

#4 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

When you say NMN powder is expensive which source/brand are you referring to? 

#5 StevenL

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:04 PM

Interesting well broccoli is listed as the food with the most NMN on several websites. However NMN powder is very expensive so we need companies to start figuring out ways to lower the price to increase demand. Also I have no idea on how NMN is affected if you cook broccoli as we do see flucuations with vitamins for example in food in terms of cooking. 

Maybe look into Broccoli Sprouts for increased NMN?    They have, of course,  other well-known benefits.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 GABAergic

• 349 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

there are a lot of broccoli sprout supplements out there but is consuming raw broccoli sprouts good for you??

• unsure x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: broccoli, nmn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users