9 replies to this topic

#1 faxmulder

• 101 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

Hi folks,

in your opinion wich are the best supplements to help with:

• lack of focus and brain fog

• racing mind and constant overthinking or worrying about stuff

It's hard to explain... but I'm constantily thinking about things I'd like to do in the future or worrying about things that *might* happen, writing stuff down on endless lists, saving *tons* of web pages to read later.. you know what I mean.

I'm feeling overwhelmed by all this and it's becoming increasingly difficult to just "live in the present moment" and focus on getting things done, instead of just *thinking* about them.

Is this anxiety, low testosterone, information overload, FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?

Thanks for your suggestions!

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

Try meditation.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Oakman

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

For the inquisitive mind, seems fairly normal, in fact fun (as I see it). But to avoid paranoia re: your interests and compulsions, try some daily or at least regular lengthy aerobic exercise, like running, cycling, hiking, or the like. Now that's living in the moment and a boat load of peace and enjoyment for the mind.

#4 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

magnesium, and japanese tea

#5 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:33 AM

I have exactly the same symptoms. I Keep thinking about the future, the past, rethinking situations of the past, preparing for future scenarios, but standing still in the present. At work I can't stay concentrated enough to stay in the "here and now" to focus on my tasks. And at home it resulted in me dropping my hobbies and becoming very inactive. Like I said in your reddit post, it went as far that it completely blocked my motor skills and speech even. I seem inactive, but inside there's a storm that I'm trying to survive.

Now I received a diagnose for both autism and adhd-I, which I still doubt, because one has to be born with these. You don't suddenly develop these at the age of 40. And my psychiatrist put me on both wellbutrin 150mg and risperidon 1mg. The risperidon made me feel like jumping off a building, so I scrapped that. The wellbutrin made me feel somewhat calmer the first two days but seems to do nothing or it's really very subtle. It still needs to build maybe, I'm just one week in.

So yes, I'm tagging along in this thread to see what you can find out.

#6 Kimer Med

• 254 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:47 AM

This kind of thing is very difficult to make meaningful suggestions for, without knowing a lot more details. At a high-level, it sounds like a brain issue of some kind. Causes can range from heavy metals to genetics to a toxic environment, psychological issues and much more.

Could it be anxiety? Maybe, but anxiety is a symptom, not a cause. Low testosterone? Unlikely. FOMO? No.

If you're happy with guesses, here are a few: increase Magnesium intake (relaxes body and mind), improve gut health and microbiome (about 80% of your neurotransmitters are produced in the gut), consider doing a 6-week anti-Candida program, consider going on the GAPS Diet or an anti-autism diet for 3 months, consider fasting for 3 to 5 days, and try eliminating sugar and grains from your diet.

#7 EncyclopediaBrown

• 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

No lie, this has really helped me with that:

It be can difficult emotionally but you can push through it. A lot of what he says will make more sense and you'll notice he understands what feelings you have and when you have them. In my mind it tells me he knows what he's talking about. Check it out.

Edited by EncyclopediaBrown, 25 February 2019 - 08:30 PM.

#8 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Anti-glutamate meds. More specifically memantine would be my first advice for you to try as long as you dont have or had any form of psychosis or shizo tendencies.

#9 Clavius

• 59 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

Anti-glutamate meds. More specifically memantine would be my first advice for you to try as long as you dont have or had any form of psychosis or shizo tendencies.

Interesting, because of your comment I did some searching and learned about how autistic brains can have a GABA/Glutamate/Glutamine imbalance. Many thanks. So, if I wanted to do this naturally / with supplements, I should just take GABA and adjust my diet to avoid glutes? I doubt that I can convince my psychiatrist to prescribe me memantine.

Sorry, I hijack this thread a bit. I don't think the OP has a ASD diagnose like me.

Edited by Clavius, 26 February 2019 - 08:38 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Interesting, because of your comment I did some searching and learned about how autistic brains can have a GABA/Glutamate/Glutamine imbalance. Many thanks. So, if I wanted to do this naturally / with supplements, I should just take GABA and adjust my diet to avoid glutes? I doubt that I can convince my psychiatrist to prescribe me memantine.

Sorry, I hijack this thread a bit. I don't think the OP has a ASD diagnose like me.

Memantine in no way is like a gaba-ergic. I suggest you stick with wellbutrin if its working for you.

In fact wellbutrin inhibits glutamate too.

Edited by MankindRising, 26 February 2019 - 04:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, supps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users