Nootropics price comparison index - Looking for feedback

price comparison nootropics vendors project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootProphet

• 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

Hey everyone,

I’d like to reach out and ask the community for feedback for a personal project I’ve been working on for quite a while now.

So I’ve been supplementing nootropics for quite a while now and one of the things that bothered me is that everytime I’m running low on my stacks and need to resupply I spend quite a lot of time searching the various vendors, trying to find new vendors and just making sure I get a good deal from a vendor that is deemed trustworthy.

Being a developer in my day job I decided to tackle this problem myself and made the following website:

https://nootropicsindex.com

Currently it features:

About 25 vendors and this list is growing quickly. Almost 200 nootropics which result in about 10000 product prices of which around 6000 are indexed and searchable on the website.
Filtering your search results on type ie. capsules or powder, quantity of powder and sorting on price per unit (price per gram and price per capsule)

I would like to ask the community to take a look and give their feedback.
Do you need more filter / search options?

Can you find all your nootropics?

Any vendors that are missing?

Are the products showing correctly?

Do you have any other suggestions or feature requests?

Please let me know what you’re thinking, this being one of the leading nootropic communities I would highly value any feedback from you.

In about a month my current contract ends and I’ll be able to add some new features.

Here is a list of new features I am currently working on (in order of importance):

• Take capsule content amount into account when calculating unit price. This would allow comparing powder only products with encapsulated products. (Find out if it really is cheaper to fill your own capsules!)

• Add shipping costs to the table. This one is kinda tricky since shipping costs can be weight-dependant. But I plan on adding a basic implementation very shortly to give you an estimation.

• In addition to vendor shipping region I will also add the vendor location

• Include liquids, solutions and tinctures

• Some vendors always run a discount coupon, I want to incorporate the discount in the results.

• Show COA for vendors. Right now you need to do the checking yourself if you decide to order from a vendor. I would like to show certifications and lab analysis per vendor. I’m partnering with a laboratory to provide this but this needs to be done well and I still need to work out the details.

• Vendor review system. I would like to give people the ability to review the order process and the product. This is probably still pretty far in the future as this is also pretty complex and needs to be well done.

Those are the biggest new features. Of course I’m constantly improving little things like search results, products and adding new vendors.

Thanks for your time:)

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

Amazing. Thanks for such complex indexing tool I didn't even dared to dream about.

What I'm now missing are mainly European vendors. Since European customs can be a real hassle, in the case of Austria they check any ingredients and will confiscate and fine any found also in prescription meds (if considered minor €50,-, otherwise €260, on repeat up to €2600,- for 'illigal medicine import'; practically impossible for a privat person to do legally. Already got fined for ALA, TMG, milk thistle and nattokinase). In the case of US vendors, import tax usually adds 20% plus €10,- processing fee per shipment (10% for orders below €150,-).

Though there aren't many EU vendors, for bulk powders mainly https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/ and https://www.myprotein.com/, https://shop-breinbauer.com/ (which ships internationally) has the least expensive ascorbic acid.

Edited by pamojja, 10 March 2019 - 02:02 PM.

#3 BarefootProphet

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Thanks @pamojja :)

Wow that sounds ridiculous, luckily we don't have fines like that in the Netherlands (atleast I've never had them) We do have the import taxes though. But it seems like adding the region from where the shipping comes is import for us Europeans.

Bulkpowders is already included in the index, I will add the other 2 asap.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

#4 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

whats happened to the site, it was super helpful !:

#5 BarefootProphet

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:09 PM

whats happened to the site, it was super helpful !:

I saw your message just now. We're still there! 

And for the next 3 months I've made time available to work some improvements :)

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: price, comparison, nootropics, vendors, project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users