Short acting (<8hours) NMDA antagonists

sleep nmda upregulation ltd ltp voltage gated nr2b

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MankindRising

• 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Specifically to take before bed, I notice every type of nmda antagonist (memantine, dxm and even alcohol) creates some kind of rebound in me when i wake up in the morning. Where I feel refreshed and literally feel as if my brain is running on higher voltage (in a good way and not excitoxicity).

Now the obvious one would be magnesium (not potent enough), so Im looking for somewhat stronger that can be used long term but doesnt carry substantial side effects such as the hardcore stuff like 3meo-pcp and god knows what else.

I know isochroma (I know dont laugh) had some sort of protocol aswell where he would take ~30mg worth of DXM before bed.

#2 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

If the rebound is from NMDA receptors upregulating or some sort of NMDA rebound effect, why don't you try some sort of NMDA agonist like Sarcosine?

Also, I really enjoy microdosing DXM on occasion, I take 30-60mg during the day (I don't think it's great for sleep tho I could be wrong) and definitely feel happier and more in the flow, it's approved by MisterYouAreSoDumb on /r/nootropics!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MankindRising

• Topic Starter
  • 178 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:07 AM

If the rebound is from NMDA receptors upregulating or some sort of NMDA rebound effect, why don't you try some sort of NMDA agonist like Sarcosine?

Also, I really enjoy microdosing DXM on occasion, I take 30-60mg during the day (I don't think it's great for sleep tho I could be wrong) and definitely feel happier and more in the flow, it's approved by MisterYouAreSoDumb on /r/nootropics!

Its more than just an on/off switch, I think you miss that part.

Supplying a simple agonist for example (or co-agonist, doesnt really matter) is still not going to give you the amount of receptors you would get from a rebound.

Also synaptic signalling is way different during a washout from a NMDA antagonist (just look at ketamine and other nmda antagonists/dissociatives), if it all was as easy as simply administrating glutamate or nmda then the world be cured of depression.

With regards to DXM, its a dirty drug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, nmda, upregulation, ltd, ltp, voltage gated, nr2b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users