Where do you buy your NMN?

david sinclair nmn

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:28 AM

Guys,

After reading up on NMN and watching several very informative interviews with David Sinclair in addition to viewing the clinical trials I have decided I want to try NMN for myself. 

Only thing is, what is the most reputable source? Where do you guys get yours from?

#2 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:53 PM

Alive by Nature

• Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:56 PM

Pro Health Longevity claims to use the same manufacturer which  that David Sinclair uses to sources the NMN powder he uses. I have no affiliation with them or David Sinclair. 

Edited by KBAnthis, 26 May 2019 - 06:58 PM.

• like x 1

#4 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:39 AM

So alive by nature is pro longevity's brand?

What's better capsules or sublingual?

Edited by TheFountain, 27 May 2019 - 01:39 AM.

#5 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:42 AM

Does the sublingual powder work as well as the sublingual tablets?

#6 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:06 AM

In my opinion it was the best just put into drinking water. I have since stopped taking it though as personally I felt better when I did not take it. I only tried it less than a week though and was dosing quite a bit through out the day. Not sure how much but I imagine less than a gram a day. In my opinion my body worked better in harmony without the extra NAD+ and this is my experience.  Overall I felt better not taking it but actually am currently detoxing from it now.

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:36 AM

In my opinion it was the best just put into drinking water. I have since stopped taking it though as personally I felt better when I did not take it. I only tried it less than a week though and was dosing quite a bit through out the day. Not sure how much but I imagine less than a gram a day. In my opinion my body worked better in harmony without the extra NAD+ and this is my experience.  Overall I felt better not taking it but actually am currently detoxing from it now.

Can you elaborate on why you feel it did not work for you? How it made you physiologically worse rather than better?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Well quite simply it felt like an imbalance of energy. Where before I felt wonderful and in great health daily, taking the NMN had gave me an upset in my equlibrium. Anti-aging is not going to come through a supplement but from gene editing. Good health is achieved by proper diet which currently must include supplements. And also proper thinking.   I was looking for perhaps a missing vitamin or something when I tried NMN but it was not like that. NAD+ is only a part of the whole organism and in my opinion and from experience manipulating its levels alone through supplementaing of precursors only upset the balance. and not in any form of advantageous way. I may have had the dosage off , etc. etc. So I don't know, but I was better before I tired it and am better now that I am off it. It will take a long time before people know the proper nourishment completely in people, as even today some things are off. For instance some RDAs of vitamins and minerals are off, etc, etc.

• like x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#9 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:47 AM

Well quite simply it felt like an imbalance of energy. Where before I felt wonderful and in great health daily, taking the NMN had gave me an upset in my equlibrium. Anti-aging is not going to come through a supplement but from gene editing. Good health is achieved by proper diet which currently must include supplements. And also proper thinking.   I was looking for perhaps a missing vitamin or something when I tried NMN but it was not like that. NAD+ is only a part of the whole organism and in my opinion and from experience manipulating its levels alone through supplementaing of precursors only upset the balance. and not in any form of advantageous way. I may have had the dosage off , etc. etc. So I don't know, but I was better before I tired it and am better now that I am off it. It will take a long time before people know the proper nourishment completely in people, as even today some things are off. For instance some RDAs of vitamins and minerals are off, etc, etc.

Are you referring to Anxiety when speaking of this 'imbalance'?

Is that what it did to you? Give you Anxiety?

#10 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

To be honest it was more of an imbalance in water I think. Whenever the powder is dissolved in a little bit of water first then placed in mouth and sat there, wow what a world of differnece. The sublingual really upset my equilibrium, or maybe it was only the first few days, or the fact that it was straight powder under my tongue Either way doing it in drops the sublingual while suspended in water is whole nother ball game. I really don't know other than it upset my balance like with not enough water. If you do try it, get the powder and make drops or buy premade drops, at least for NMN. Open for discussion on this one as the difference is big trying it like drops of water suspended solution. Edit: Worth noting is I never got this reaction from creatine (crepure) or MagTein sublingual, but im sure there is much more to it. Edit: It really is somewhat acidic though so not sure how it would work in larger water doses with tooth enamel.

Edited by KBAnthis, 28 May 2019 - 03:41 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#11 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

To be honest it was more of an imbalance in water I think. Whenever the powder is dissolved in a little bit of water first then placed in mouth and sat there, wow what a world of differnece. The sublingual really upset my equilibrium, or maybe it was only the first few days, or the fact that it was straight powder under my tongue Either way doing it in drops the sublingual while suspended in water is whole nother ball game. I really don't know other than it upset my balance like with not enough water. If you do try it, get the powder and make drops or buy premade drops, at least for NMN. Open for discussion on this one as the difference is big trying it like drops of water suspended solution. Edit: Worth noting is I never got this reaction from creatine (crepure) or MagTein sublingual, but im sure there is much more to it. Edit: It really is somewhat acidic though so not sure how it would work in larger water doses with tooth enamel.

Can you be more specific as per the symptoms you experienced? Imbalanced equilibrium sounds too vague. 

#12 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

Well I felt burnt out when taking it sublingually. I am going to try NAD+ powder instead. When I tried it in drops it was not as burnt out feeling, but it is not a balanced energy, though it does increase energy. I am going to try the NAD+ to heal some nerve damage and injuries. WHile it is rather interesting the enviroment is a big factor also.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#13 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:04 PM

Well I felt burnt out when taking it sublingually. I am going to try NAD+ powder instead. When I tried it in drops it was not as burnt out feeling, but it is not a balanced energy, though it does increase energy. I am going to try the NAD+ to heal some nerve damage and injuries. WHile it is rather interesting the enviroment is a big factor also.

That's a very strange contradictory symptom. Energetic but burnt out? Usually this occurs only if one does not sleep adequately. 

• Agree x 1

#14 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:16 PM

Burnt out like something is not operating at full capactiy, but energetic also. So the balance is off. Like I am having excess energy but am delpleted of something at the same time. Causing an imbalance seemingly the NMN causes excess energy but to much energy through one pathway causing the other ways to be not operating fully along with where the NMN is giving energy. The NMN seems to be only part of the solution to giving more energy and feeling younger, like part of the solution is missing , to giving extra energy and feeling younger. So younger people have more NAD+ but they also have more of other things to and the other things are not there causing the extra NMN/NAD+?NADH to be extra and offsetting to the balance. In my opinion it seems to be a waste of time because there is not enough clinical data or information on how to take it. Though there is a noticeable difference and nootropic effect. I do not regret trying it but I just do not know enough about it, how much to dose, what is the best in how to take it etc.

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#15 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:21 AM

Burnt out like something is not operating at full capactiy, but energetic also. So the balance is off. Like I am having excess energy but am delpleted of something at the same time. Causing an imbalance seemingly the NMN causes excess energy but to much energy through one pathway causing the other ways to be not operating fully along with where the NMN is giving energy. The NMN seems to be only part of the solution to giving more energy and feeling younger, like part of the solution is missing , to giving extra energy and feeling younger. So younger people have more NAD+ but they also have more of other things to and the other things are not there causing the extra NMN/NAD+?NADH to be extra and offsetting to the balance. In my opinion it seems to be a waste of time because there is not enough clinical data or information on how to take it. Though there is a noticeable difference and nootropic effect. I do not regret trying it but I just do not know enough about it, how much to dose, what is the best in how to take it etc.

I'm sorry, how old are you? 

I am 34 years of age.

Also, did you take it in conjunction with Resveratrol as recommended by Dr. Sinclair?

#16 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:34 AM

I am also 34 years old, and male,  1 gram of NMN and 250-500 mg of trans-resveratrol . Plenty of B-Vitamins and OptiMSM as another source of methyldonor. I am not sure how to explain it other than it is only a part of the pie towards anti aging nutrients. In my opinion genetic engineering will get us towards anti-aging, and vitamins will promote life and nourish the body. With NMN / NAD+ / NADH ,  it is only part of the nourishment of energy And separate a natural process from nourishment in the body.. Atleast with the NMN , something was just not complete in its energy provided I noticed. 

Edited by KBAnthis, 29 May 2019 - 03:36 AM.

• Informative x 1

#17 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:21 AM

I tried NMN, but I couldn't get any effects from it at any dose. Alive by nature mentions you can take a dose up to 8 times per day, so by the end of my trials I was going through a bottle every 4 days or so. I didn't notice anything beyond the taste, which wasn't great. At one point, I got a headache, but I believe this was just a random coincidence. I've had similar experience with NR.

I'm sold on the theory, but in practice, it has less of an anti-aging feeling for me than a glass of tap water.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#18 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:42 PM

I am also 34 years old, and male,  1 gram of NMN and 250-500 mg of trans-resveratrol . Plenty of B-Vitamins and OptiMSM as another source of methyldonor. I am not sure how to explain it other than it is only a part of the pie towards anti aging nutrients. In my opinion genetic engineering will get us towards anti-aging, and vitamins will promote life and nourish the body. With NMN / NAD+ / NADH ,  it is only part of the nourishment of energy And separate a natural process from nourishment in the body.. Atleast with the NMN , something was just not complete in its energy provided I noticed. 

Perhaps we are not yet old enough to notice its net benefits? Perhaps we must wait till we are Dr. Sinclairs age?

Till then perhaps it is merely a preventive measure?

Just a thought. 

I tried NMN, but I couldn't get any effects from it at any dose. Alive by nature mentions you can take a dose up to 8 times per day, so by the end of my trials I was going through a bottle every 4 days or so. I didn't notice anything beyond the taste, which wasn't great. At one point, I got a headache, but I believe this was just a random coincidence. I've had similar experience with NR.

I'm sold on the theory, but in practice, it has less of an anti-aging feeling for me than a glass of tap water.

How old are you, what is your BMI?

Guys, Dr. Sinclair also recommended we supplement NMN and Resveratrol simultaneously. Remember?

• Agree x 1

#19 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:59 AM

The Resveratrol I enjoy a lot as it gives me a balanced energy that seems very healthy. The NMN, most likely , I was just taking to much.  I may still try NAD+ in a nasal spray and sublingual just to try it. Anyone have any experience with it?
https://medicine.uio...py-induced-pain

Edited by KBAnthis, 30 May 2019 - 04:06 AM.

#20 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

How old are you, what is your BMI?

Guys, Dr. Sinclair also recommended we supplement NMN and Resveratrol simultaneously. Remember?

Here's the RSV I was stacking with it: https://www.biotivia...ct/transmax-tr/ (over-priced, but it looked well studied)

I'm in my mid 30's. Possibly too young for this stuff. In general, I feel like I'm sensitive to most diet changes / supplements, but I didn't notice much with these. This stack was less in my face than say, a good B-complex.

Edited by brosci, 30 May 2019 - 06:04 AM.

#21 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:55 AM

Here's the RSV I was stacking with it: https://www.biotivia...ct/transmax-tr/ (over-priced, but it looked well studied)

I'm in my mid 30's. Possibly too young for this stuff. In general, I feel like I'm sensitive to most diet changes / supplements, but I didn't notice much with these. This stack was less in my face than say, a good B-complex.

I intermittently take Revgenetics Resveratrol. Which is also well studied. I been taking the organica stuff. Looking forward to stacking it with NMN. 

Edited by TheFountain, 31 May 2019 - 03:56 AM.

#22 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 04:11 AM

I have been taking cur-ease trans resveratrol , anywhere from 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon a day or upto about 4-500 mg a day. I also combine it with the same amount of black pepper giving me 5-10 mg of bioperine. Personally I love this stuff and get a much finer and cleaner feeling from it then bulksupplements resveratrol. I have been using biofinest pine bark extract and grape seed extract with it, both organic, and both saying product of USA. I am not sure what my brief stint of NMN did to me. While taking it, it was kinda blah, except at night if I didn't dose through out the day. My nerves feel better, and my bloodflow has improved. But the article I posted before seems to make me wonder. I have not triend NR or NAD+ but am considering it. 

#23 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

I am not sure what my brief stint of NMN did to me. While taking it, it was kinda blah, except at night if I didn't dose through out the day. My nerves feel better, and my bloodflow has improved. But the article I posted before seems to make me wonder. I have not triend NR or NAD+ but am considering it. 

Was the blood flow thing with or without NMN?

Also, are you prone to anxiety? Do you think your brain created the problem?

#24 KBAnthis

• 91 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:52 AM

After 6 days @ 1 gram a day, which to me is in excess much.  It was tolerable if at night before bed. But that may give someone excess energy. I do feel better after stopping taking it, but also better overall too, after taking it perhaps from the effects or the new supplements I have continued with which I started around the same time. . I wouldnt want to keep taking it though as it burnt me out. I had just started taking 10,000 IU a day of vitamin d3 and k2 , mk-4 and mk-7 also I am soon to be trying the new menaq7 I think is what it is called , california gold nutrtion vitamin k2 - 60 pills for $8not much in it but not much needed. I am gonna add it in to the k2 I am allready taking by relentless improvement. I am not prone to much of anything but am very sensitive to supplements, and food in general. Very sensitive so your mileage may vary. So after taking it I think I can really tell with the angiogenesis, and my nerve function is better, but at what cost I do not know. I do not personally like the excess energy it gives. It was not even enough for me in the effect or quality of energy.  It was to much for a sedentary lifestyle causing oxidative stress is my only GUESS. I did try it while weight training and I got burnt out afterwards also, but the training was fun. I had just started nitrosigine though and contribute most of the weight training effects to that. There really is only so much the body can handle anyway. Joints, tendons, muscles, etc.  I wish I had tests done etc but I didn't. I do feel more neutral in my mindset (neurotransmitters) after taking it, but I do not know the long term effects. I will keep a good attitude about it and strive for a higher quality life! The burnt out feeling could be compared to when being deficient in calcium for a long time and drinking too much coffee, the zombified feeling. Like my body was one sided and I was running on Empty of some mineral that I do not know what it was. 

Edited by KBAnthis, 01 June 2019 - 01:19 AM.

#25 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:38 AM

After 6 days @ 1 gram a day, which to me is in excess much.  It was tolerable if at night before bed. But that may give someone excess energy. I do feel better after stopping taking it, but also better overall too, after taking it perhaps from the effects or the new supplements I have continued with which I started around the same time. . I wouldnt want to keep taking it though as it burnt me out. I had just started taking 10,000 IU a day of vitamin d3 and k2 , mk-4 and mk-7 also I am soon to be trying the new menaq7 I think is what it is called , california gold nutrtion vitamin k2 - 60 pills for $8not much in it but not much needed. I am gonna add it in to the k2 I am allready taking by relentless improvement. I am not prone to much of anything but am very sensitive to supplements, and food in general. Very sensitive so your mileage may vary. So after taking it I think I can really tell with the angiogenesis, and my nerve function is better, but at what cost I do not know. I do not personally like the excess energy it gives. It was not even enough for me in the effect or quality of energy.  It was to much for a sedentary lifestyle causing oxidative stress is my only GUESS. I did try it while weight training and I got burnt out afterwards also, but the training was fun. I had just started nitrosigine though and contribute most of the weight training effects to that. There really is only so much the body can handle anyway. Joints, tendons, muscles, etc.  I wish I had tests done etc but I didn't. I do feel more neutral in my mindset (neurotransmitters) after taking it, but I do not know the long term effects. I will keep a good attitude about it and strive for a higher quality life! The burnt out feeling could be compared to when being deficient in calcium for a long time and drinking too much coffee, the zombified feeling. Like my body was one sided and I was running on Empty of some mineral that I do not know what it was. 

Well, saying it causes oxidative stress anecdotally is a big fill-in-the-blank thing. That would mean the supplement is acting contrary to Dr. Sinclairs claims as it is definitely not suppose to cause oxidative stress, sedentary or active. Are you sure this is what you are describing or perhaps an over active mental constitution which caused psycho-somatic variables to occur?

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#26 Lightning Laurie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:49 AM

I've felt much better while taking NMN at thev1gram per day level for my weight based upon the latest studies. Makes me feel like a champ. I've liked the sublingual NAD+ too. I feel as if I'm SO deficient in this niacin derivative or Vitamin B3 supplement I could fall over without it. Great benefits. Liking the www.ProHealthLongevity.com version or off Amazon. I also like Dr. Bill Andrews www.SierraSciences.com and TAM818 a way to lengthen Telomeres, and also potentially Epitalon to lengthen telomeres. NMN the real deal though, never been able to stay on One Truth Serum or tAM818 or TA65md or Epitalon long enough to reverse my age. However, with NmN nicotinamide mononucleotide it does appear possible, however I'm unsure about the physical looks, if I could actually reverse my age from my current 53 to my goal age of 23, I remain hopeful and staying in prayer to Elohim and in research mode as often as possible. I'm certainly hopeful that funding will flow from Cakico, Bezos, Etc to our top biogerontologists like Dr. DAVID Sinclair, Lenny Gurentee, Bill Andrews et al to continue r and d. It's great that NMN feeds the Sirtuin DNA hunger and the SIRT which repairs Deoxyribonucleic breaks and tangles and errors in DNA strand replication errors.. could potentially repair our Telomeres.. nmn... guess it's too early to tell.. Dr Sinclair has mentioned an actual "big pharma" NMN for commercial release coming from Metro-Biotech I think.. stay tuned.. if our telomeres are repaired by feeding nmn to all 7 Sirtuins.. and Telomere erosion is stopped AND we get past The Hayflick limit of our stem Cells only being able to replicate themselves 23 times in a lifetime, we SHOULD then be able to break the theoretical maximum human lifespan of one hundred and twenty years , I remain hopeful. "Gosh Davey, you look THIRTY!, Jenny says" ;)
  • Enjoying the show x 2

#27 Lightning Laurie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:51 AM

I've felt much better while taking NMN at thev1gram per day level for my weight based upon the latest studies. Makes me feel like a champ. I've liked the sublingual NAD+ too. I feel as if I'm SO deficient in this niacin derivative or Vitamin B3 supplement I could fall over without it. Great benefits. Liking the www.ProHealthLongevity.com version or off Amazon. I also like Dr. Bill Andrews www.SierraSciences.com and TAM818 a way to lengthen Telomeres, and also potentially Epitalon to lengthen telomeres. NMN the real deal though, never been able to stay on One Truth Serum or tAM818 or TA65md or Epitalon long enough to reverse my age. However, with NmN nicotinamide mononucleotide it does appear possible, however I'm unsure about the physical looks, if I could actually reverse my age from my current 53 to my goal age of 23, I remain hopeful and staying in prayer to Elohim and in research mode as often as possible. I'm certainly hopeful that funding will flow from Cakico, Bezos, Etc to our top biogerontologists like Dr. DAVID Sinclair, Lenny Gurentee, Bill Andrews et al to continue r and d. It's great that NMN feeds the Sirtuin DNA hunger and the SIRT which repairs Deoxyribonucleic breaks and tangles and errors in DNA strand replication errors.. could potentially repair our Telomeres.. nmn... guess it's too early to tell.. Dr Sinclair has mentioned an actual "big pharma" NMN for commercial release coming from Metro-Biotech I think.. stay tuned.. if our telomeres are repaired by feeding nmn to all 7 Sirtuins.. and Telomere erosion is stopped AND we get past The Hayflick limit of our stem Cells only being able to replicate themselves 23 times in a lifetime, we SHOULD then be able to break the theoretical maximum human lifespan of one hundred and twenty years , I remain hopeful. "Gosh Davey, you look THIRTY!, Jenny says" ;)
  • Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#28 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

I've been feeling pretty damn good since I have been taking the NMN, particularly when I take it synergistically with Resveratrol. I am strong willed and not susceptible to Placebo effect.  :-D  :-D  :-D

No seriously, it's doing something and what ever that something is, is good. 

• unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: david sinclair, nmn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users