How to dissolve zinc gluconate

rhinovirus cure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket

• 1,072 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

Background: Started using the original Zicam cold remedy several years ago as soon as it was released. For several years at the first sign of a cold I would use the zinc gluconate "goop" inside my nasal passages and for those several years that the original Zicam cold remedy was available, myself and my wife and some coworkers of mine never had a cold last more than 2 days. The colds that we did get were completely gone by about 3 days. I never missed a day of work due to a cold. I never spent time in bed feeling like crap for 10 days trying to feel better. I never missed a week of exercising for a cold. I never had a cold become chest infection as they now often become.

Then came the lawyers and Zicam was was blamed for casuing people to lose their sense of smell. It was total BS. The nasal zinc formula worked too good and it actually got rid of colds like it said on the boxes. The lawyers got it removed from the shelves.

The stuff you buy today is total snae oil. It does not work because there is no zinc in it.

Ever since it has been removed, each and every year, my wife and I have resumed getting colds a couple of times a year just like we did before Zicam first came out.

The active ingredient that killed the rhinovirus was the zinc gluconate, which anyone can buy in bulk. The problem is that I can't find out how to dissolve it and make my own "goop" for nasal passages. It remains a "hard" powder that is abbrasive to use.

Can anyone tell me how to dissolve it?

#2 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:09 PM

Zn gluconate is moderately soluble in water at 40-100mg/ml according to various sources so it can be dissolved in distilled water for this purpose.

Here is what a compounding pharmacy says about such preparation:

http://apexcompoundi...gluconate_.html

From the referenced paper in the link above: 

The zinc nasal gel consisted of 33 mmol/l of zincum gluconicum {Zenullose} in an emulsification of benzalkonium chloride, glycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium chloride, and sodium hydroxide {pH 7.2).Metered

dose applicators delivered individual doses of 120 microL.

ZnGluc MW is 455.685 g/mol so 33 mmol/L= 33umol/ml=~15mg/ml so the solubility shouldn't be an issue. Adding some glycerin for thickening of the solution would help stay in the nose longer.

Or you can take the new Zicam and re-infused it with Zn  :ph34r:

Hope this helps.

Edited by aribadabar, 03 October 2019 - 06:50 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

Chris Masterjohn opines you can absorb zinc acetate through the oral mucosa in localized concentrations high enough to affect rhinovirus in the nose.  

https://chrismasterj...kill-cold-zinc/

I've tried this cold cure, & it has worked well for me 2 different times last Winter.  Life Extension sells the lozenges here: 

https://www.lifeexte...d-zinc-lozenges

In the video, Chris says you must take a lozenge every 2 hours for the first couple of days.  I never took this much (just a couple at night while working online), but still got a good result (a 24-48 hour cold!).  The first day is the most important, so have these lozenges on hand in advance.  

If you can't work out the gluconate treatment, you might try this one.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 04 October 2019 - 12:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rhinovirus, cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users