• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Anyone interested in a CRH antagonist for dysfunctional stress response?

cortisol crh antalarmin

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

I just wanted to show this https://www.indigo.u...dle/10027/21989

Lmo3Z mice had a reduction of Crhr1 mRNA and CRF1R protein expression in the BLA. Additionally, Lmo3Z mice showed a reduction of Crhr1 mRNA in the CeA, increased Gabra4 mRNA in the BLA, and a sex-specific increase in Gabrd mRNA in the BLA of only females. No corresponding changes in protein expression were observed for these ge

I really think the LMO3 gene is a big factor in anxiety, too much or too little of this is bad but a balance is needed. I post this again because the first time I mentioned this I didn't know it also reduced crhr1 in the central amygdala. So you got this gene which regulates crhr1/crf1 in both parts of the amygdala, and we know blocking crhr1 shows a blunted stress response.

#32 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

Of course Quercetin is generally recognized as safe, haha!  In both Western and Eastern diets, It's the second most abundant polyphenol!

To the OP:  How can you be sure you aren't suffering from a lack of cortisol sensitivity?  Seems counter-intuitive yes, but in fact many disorders (ADHD included) are linked to a state of heightened cortisol activity and lowered responsiveness.

This study was puzzling when at first I became aware of it in late 2016:  Cortisol Response to Stress in Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

https://www.scienced...306453019301714

This study must have come out a few days ago? From what I understand if you are deficient in LMO3 you have a hard time controlling your emotions and perhaps overcoming fear? 

Absence of Lmo3 impairs amygdala LTP.

So the opposite too much LMO3 leads to too much Long-term potentiation (LTP) in the amygdala leading to anxiety (due to excess CRHR1)? Basically over-active amygdala because of persistent increase in synaptic strength following high-frequency stimulation of a chemical synapse from the outside?

Can anyone find if the other LMO genes specifically LMO1 has a role in anxiety any studies on that? (LMO2 & LMO4 too).

Edited by farshad, 04 January 2020 - 02:38 PM.

#34 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:42 PM

If anyone know of any other genes that regulates CRF1 or CRH signaling/amount specifically in the amygdala let me know,

Edited by farshad, 05 January 2020 - 07:42 PM.

#35 dan1882

• 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Is there any recommendation to try for CRH calming ?

I didnt made a dna test so far, but i want to try a supplement though on my next order.

Im interested in long term fixes aswell not antagonists, was anyone successfull with any of those supplements mentioned so far in this thread (beside rats and monkey studys...) ? Pretty soon i should recieve my ordered Lithium, but something like Holy basil which might be able to desensitize crh would sound great for long term (witouth up/down-regulation)... 

And it looks like i shouldnt take supplements like Phosphatidylserine if it breaks the feedbackloop ?

Edited by dan1882, 01 April 2021 - 01:43 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2021 - 02:55 PM

I feel like excess crhr1 blocks my emotions  and too little crhr1 causes over emotions (overtime not initially then does opposite)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cortisol, crh, antalarmin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users