- - - - -

Abilify for ADHD?

adhd abilify

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone have any experience with this or hear of it?

My p-doc told me that she thought it might help with my symptoms of low energy and lack of focus and concentration that I continued to have even after resolving all other depression and anxiety symptoms with zoloft.  She thought that since it's known to be activating and has that partial dopamine agonism at the D2 receptors it might do the trick. 

By the way, it's good to be back on the board!  I haven't been doing well the past several months but I'm feeling good now :)

P.S.

I can't take stimulants because of drug abuse history/inclinations.

Edited by CWF1986, 08 December 2019 - 06:49 PM.

#2 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:35 AM

1. Writing this on a migraine where I was emotionally blunted for about 4 hours and literally did nothing, I can probably contribute to this conversation. Abilify is an Anti-psychiotic and from my experience most of these doc's don't really even know what there prescribing.. What type of ADD, do you have?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 CWF1986

• Topic Starter
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

Predominantly inattentive.

#4 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

1.  I also, have ADHD-PI because I remember you reading my thread on ADHD-Conclusions. For ADD-PI, I'm not really sure what to tell you in relationship to Abilify,  an psychiotic can sometimes activate similar receptors to stimulants without necessarily having bad side-effects, this is typically classified as "off-label" prescriptions. I've never really done it myself, however for ADD-PI you are dealing with a deadly demon as you know in this reference thread https://www.longecit...ons-on-adhd-pi/.  The most optimal thing that seems to work, is using short-doses of ritalin and it seems to carry over for the next 3 days before, things seem to fall apart after that. At least, that's what im doing until new treatments, are invented. Their are many Parkinson drugs, that work on the D2,D3 receptors and the agonists that have similar  stimulant effects and might be worth exploring. I've never taken abilify myself just know that if you have ADD-PI it's significantly  harder to treat than ADHD classical Type.. Otherwise, I don't really know what to tell you? Check into diet? Cut out sugar? No idea.  We are in a total catch 22 situation where their really isn't much you can do. This is the reality, Sucks doesn't it?

Edited by MichaelFocus22, 13 December 2019 - 02:43 AM.

#5 CWF1986

• Topic Starter
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

I just got some adrafinil and tyrosine from which I know from the past gives partial relief.  I might see if I can D2 agonist w/out a script.  I'll have to first see if they're scheduled.  

I know selegiline at 20mg gives me great relief but the temptation to take phenyethylamine with it is too great for me.  I'll look into other parkinson's meds.  

#6 CWF1986

• Topic Starter
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:59 AM

I just ordered some amantadine.  I've seen some decent reviews for it for adhd and I've lost confidence in treating my adhd through conventional meds including AD's b/c of past experience.  That's not at all to say that they won't work for anyone.  

I'll make a log of my experience on these forums in a couple weeks once I have the product in case you or anyone else would be interested.  

#7 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

abilify is partial agonist on dopamine 2 and 3
dopamine 3 agonizing will increase reward for sex, food, money spending, gambling but will not increase your cognitive function or productivity

dopamine 2 agonizing will increase the "H" in ADHD, mean it will increase your locomotion, fast speaking, urge to jump to other tasks (multi task seeking behaviors), in other word it will deplete you "CPU"
it's like installing window 7 (system need high performance cpu) in laptop with 0.1GH processor, Dopamine 2 here play the role of the windows 7

what you really need is Dopamine 1 agonist or adrenergic A2a agonist like clonidine
dopamine 2 antagonist like risperidone will help you some what but, i don't encourage taking them without other stimulate because they product depression.

#8 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:59 AM

1. If you find a sustained ADD treatment that resolves the medication paradox, I will give you 10 thousand dollars,, It must be sustainable and have minimal side-effects and allows for sustained interactions. If you find the answer, dont tell anyone and you will be rich. The answer doesn't exist or I would have found it by now.

Edited by MichaelFocus22, 17 December 2019 - 03:59 AM.

#9 CWF1986

• Topic Starter
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:42 PM

1. If you find a sustained ADD treatment that resolves the medication paradox, I will give you 10 thousand dollars,, It must be sustainable and have minimal side-effects and allows for sustained interactions. If you find the answer, dont tell anyone and you will be rich. The answer doesn't exist or I would have found it by now.

I will keep working on this adhd thing until the day I die if I haven't figured it out before then :D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 MichaelFocus22

• 331 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:08 AM

I will keep working on this adhd thing until the day I die if I haven't figured it out before then :D

1. I hope, it's invented soon maybe I'll go into the forest and blow my brains out one of these days shit is driving me crazy.  Noortropics isn't the answer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, abilify

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users