• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam: Should one combine it with Alpha GPC and ALCAR ??

piracetam alpha gpc alcar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FirstUtterance

• 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

I'm planning on starting my first nootropic stack (primarily for memory support - my memory is terrible due to years of drug use).

Is 

1600mg Piracetam (800mg 2x a day)

300mg Alpha GPC (150mg 2x a day)

200mg ALCAR (100 mg 2x a day)

better than just the Piracetam on its own? I've heard you should take Alpha GPC and ALCAR but it seems like many people do not. I want to mitigate any negative side effects that may occur during use or after discontinuation of use. Thanks.

#2 Tabsunder

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:50 AM

I would have to say that what you're considering is better than just taking Piracetam alone. I've always had some form of choline source whenever I have taken Piracetam (CDP choline, Alpha GPC and even eggs are good). I would say as long as you are supplementing some choline with the Piracetam you shouldn't experience any negative effects.

As far as I've read and experienced Piracetam has very limited negative effects, the primary one being headaches caused by the depletion of acetylcholine. Also keep in mind Piracetam's effects will no longer continue after you stop taking it, however I've seen it mentioned that Pramiracetam had lasting benefits even after the discontinuation of its use.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 16 June 2023 - 01:30 PM

I would have to say that what you're considering is better than just taking Piracetam alone. I've always had some form of choline source whenever I have taken Piracetam (CDP choline, Alpha GPC and even eggs are good). I would say as long as you are supplementing some choline with the Piracetam you shouldn't experience any negative effects.

As far as I've read and experienced Piracetam has very limited negative effects, the primary one being headaches caused by the depletion of acetylcholine. Also keep in mind Piracetam's effects will no longer continue after you stop taking it, however I've seen it mentioned that Pramiracetam had lasting benefits even after the discontinuation of its use.

Agreed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, alpha gpc, alcar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users