* * * * * 2 votes

Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#991 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:44 PM

Interesting thread. I can’t quite figure it out. Apparently the person who goes by the handle eDOC is an author on the structure search paper that identified hesperidin as a possible inhibitor.

He says, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone (HMC) 99% IV grade infusions along with some others provide almost a near +99% prophylaxis in unaffected, and do play a role once the infection is diagnosed. It showed in the trials conducted and patients I treated. The others at this moment cannot reveal since the deal is going through, once it's over hopefully soon shall reveal.
Am glad that I stocked the IV grade back in Jan, now it's a bit hard to get.”

He mentions a deal in the works, but it looks like no patent has been filed. Post #34. Some of his later comments make it seem that he would be willing to sell the rights to big pharma even if he knows that will suppress it in favor of vaccines.

Anyway, natural hesperidin would not be patentable as a product in the US. He might be able to get a method of treatment patent or maybe he could come up with a non-obvious formulation.

I wonder if it has to be IV Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone (HMC) or if it can be oral HMC. 

The chemical structure of HMC is different from regular hesperidin since it is a methylated derivative. 

Doing a search of medical studies it appears that HMC is the one that shows the many benefits of immunity

protection from oxidative stress, cytokine storm protection and anti-inflammatory.

There are a number of companies including Amazon that are selling oral HMC, but for his claims does it have

to be IV or would oral work.  It is not hard to find sources for HMC powder at reasonable prices.

Concerning that poster in the other forum...sounds like a shady person when talking about being offered

several million dollars for his supposed cure.  If you really had a cure then by this time you should already have

offers in the hundred of millions, if not more. I am sure big pharma would offer that much or more just to keep it 

off the market so they could push their drugs.  He also seems to have been talking about this cure for weeks

now online and he still has not sold it for hundreds of millions or more.  With a pandemic like this anyone who really

had a cure or a treatment to prevent people from getting the virus would be one of the wealthiest people by now

and still not be chatting up the treatment online in a forum

Edited by lancebr, 17 April 2020 - 03:15 PM.

• Agree x 1

#992 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:56 PM

Lousiana is a hotbed of obesity,

Also, as in Washington State, the first cases in Louisiana were in nursing homes, which caused a big initial wave of fatalities. They also held Mardi Gras celebrations when the virus was already spreading in the state.

Because of the "presumptive" (no official test) cases being lumped in with the positive test cases, I doubt we can find reliable patterns in the data.

• Good Point x 1

#993 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:37 PM

I wonder if it has to be IV Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone (HMC) or if it can be oral HMC. 

The chemical structure of HMC is different from regular hesperidin since it is a methylated derivative. 

Doing a search of medical studies it appears that HMC is the one that shows the many benefits of immunity

protection from oxidative stress, cytokine storm protection and anti-inflammatory.

There are a number of companies including Amazon that are selling oral HMC, but for his claims does it have

to be IV or would oral work.  It is not hard to find sources for HMC powder at reasonable prices.

Concerning that poster in the other forum...sounds like a shady person when talking about being offered

several million dollars for his supposed cure.  If you really had a cure then by this time you should already have

offers in the hundred of millions, if not more. I am sure big pharma would offer that much or more just to keep it 

off the market so they could push their drugs.  He also seems to have been talking about this cure for weeks

now online and he still has not sold it for hundreds of millions or more.  With a pandemic like this anyone who really

had a cure or a treatment to prevent people from getting the virus would be one of the wealthiest people by now

and still not be chatting up the treatment online in a forum

"Shady" sounds about right.

On March 16, he wrote “I know that been working on this 30 days 24 hrs.”. The paper was Available online 27 February 2020. So this would mean that he had the data that prompted him to start working on it about 9 days before the paper was published. That’s realistic, I guess.

I jokingly called for faster follow up. I was thinking of a binding assay or maybe an in vitro infectivity test. This guy claims to have proof of prophylaxis in humans. How do you go from an in silico screen that identifies hesperidin to a specific Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone infusion protocol that is 99%+ effective that fast?

We are left in the dark on any question of hesperidin vs HMC or oral vs IV. Meanwhile he is talking to his lawyers.

I would accept something less than 100% prophylaxis. Hesperidin and HMC are both orally bioavailable. Dose? Who knows?

#994 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:53 PM

"Coronavirus: The Dead Speak!"

Pathologist Chris Martenson discusses portmortem findings on 4 COVID19 victims. Multiple organ failure, chiefly the lungs. Be warned: not for the faint of heart!

https://www.youtube....h?v=PZI0JJXIRUw

resveratrol_guy gets my brownie point for the day.  Great info on the youtube link.  Look to the pathology of advanced disease if you want to avoid it! 

My take-away is that the coagulopathy (micro-clotting) that occurs in the capillaries of the alveoli are what gums up effective oxygenation, and the physiological response to clean up the clots results in the gooey mess of end stage disease.  Prevent the micro-clots and you're a survivor!  But how?  Here comes the Sun!

Abandon hope all ye with sticky blood!  

https://holisticprim...r-heard-of.html

Like vitamin D--the widely recognized "sunshine vitamin"--sulfate levels depend depend on sun exposure. It is synthesized from sulfide in the skin and red blood cells via a sunlight-dependent chemical reaction.

In her research, Seneff identified what she describes as two critical and "mysterious" forms of sulfate: vitamin D3 sulfate and cholesterol sulfate. We simultaneously produce both molecules, which exist in the bloodstream and many other parts of the body, when we're exposed to sunlight.

Red blood cells produce cholesterol sulfate, which collects around the exterior of the cells and creates a negatively charged field around them. This aids their smooth passage through tiny capillaries. In essence, the negative charges prevent the cells from getting stuck to each other or to the capillary walls. Cholesterol sulfate also prevents red blood cells from rupturing, a condition known as hemolysis.

-----------------------------

Anything else?  How 'bout Vitamin-E.  We've seen doctors are considering anticoagulation therapy to help avoid capillary micro-clotting and the resulting disaster.  Vitamin-E is one of many supplements know to "thin" the blood, but it also has an additional benefit.  

https://medlineplus....icle/002406.htm

"Vitamin E is also important in the formation of red blood cells. (edit) It also helps widen blood vessels and keep blood from clotting inside them"

#995 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:20 PM

Be aware that Stephanie Seneff is considered to be out of the mainstream. Her background and her teaching position is in computer science and she has published a number of papers that finger glyphosate (RoundUp) at the root of all evil in the human food supply.  

This is not to say she's wrong.  It is only to say don't accept what she says as gospel based on her being a "MIT Researcher" due to the fact that she's working well outside her area of expertise, something that many sites advocating her positions neglect to mention.

Her research should be judged purely on it's merits, as should all research.  However, all of us can be swayed by reading that someone is a researcher as a prestigious institution.  I know I'm guilty of that at times.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#996 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

Point taken DC.  Seneff does have a BS in biophysics though, so she's not totally out of her field of expertise.  

Perhaps I'm guilty of liking the message a bit too much.  I'm off to get some sun!  

#997 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:54 PM

Yeah that was exactly my point. At least you found that there are other studies (currently 3) looking into the zinc combo, as either a prophylactic or a therapy. You made my day! Not that the results will help us anytime soon, but at least it means that it's probably being taken seriously enough to not get tossed out with the monotherapy bathwater.

I expect that those trials will provide at least preliminary results within a few weeks.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#998 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:34 PM

So based upon this information is there and issue with quercetin and vitamin C together?

"The flavonoid quercetin has been demonstrated to inhibit transport of ascorbate by SVCT1.

Ascorbate transport by the low-affinity, high capacity SVCT1 can be inhibited by as much as 80%

in the presence of quercetin, and 100% when sodium was replaced by choline. Please be aware

of this important conflict. Quercetin occurring naturally in foods such as onions should not pose an

issue as the amounts are not high enough in an average serving to exert true inhibitory effects.

Supplementation of quercetin may need to be reconsidered when using oral ascorbic acid during

COVID-19 treatment."

https://www.jbc.org/...nt/277/18/15252

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Agree x 1

#999 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:06 PM

See here for studies in humans: https://lpi.oregonst...plemental-forms Capter: Vitamin C with bioflavonoids

#1000 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:22 AM

I wonder if zinc by itself might have the same effect as H+Z.

Fortunately, I'm not the only one who's "wondering" about this. A few zinc-focused clinical trials for COVID-19 have already been started.

https://medicalxpres...enous-zinc.html

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04351490

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04342728

• like x 1

#1001 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:24 AM

It's been discussed before, but why not use Hesperidin to block it from attaching to the ACE2 receptor?
https://www.google.c...RxAQa1hdrojs5jW

Revealing the Potency of Citrus and Galangal Constituents to Halt SARS-CoV-2 Infection

Citrus sp. could be addressed as the best herb to be promoted to combat beta coronavirus, included SARS-CoV-2, in the forms of therapeutical or prophylaxis agents. Despite hesperidin, Citrus sp. contains several methoxy flavonoids, such as hesperetin, tangeretin, naringenin, and nobiletin which perform low binding energy (comparable with the reference ligands, lopinavir and nafamostat) to the three essential receptors. These low binding energies allowing those compounds to interact tightly to the target proteins. These interactions will contribute to the inhibitory effect against virus infection and replication. Those methoxy flavonoids exist in the whole fruit and more abundant in the peel in most of Citrus sp. types (Nogata et al., 2006) allowing us to easily access to the sources of compounds. In addition, those main compounds of Citrus sp. exhibit antiviral activities on several types of viruses with
Page 5 of 8
Preprints (www.preprints.org) | NOT PEER-REVIEWED | Posted: 12 March 2020 doi:10.20944/preprints202003.0214.v1
several mechanisms (Table 2). These findings seem to be in line with and support for the findings of its mechanism of action as an antiviral. Since, citrus fruit is a nontoxic material, it could be prepared as a food or mixed with other herbal medicines as “jamu”. Taken together, Citrus sp. and galangal can be used as agents to overcome the impact of the coronavirus in a form that is easily consumed so that people can do it without special assistance.

Thanks mate! Bromelain not for blocking COVID-19 from attaching to ACE2 but to inhibit the harmful effects of Bradykinin.

Can't see why bromelain + quercetin + hesperidin can't co-exist together to counter COVID-19 and its devastating effects. Well, the more I think about this... Perhaps this is the most potent combination to date: 1. Hesperidin to prevent covid-19 from attaching itself to ACE2 receptor. But what if some of the virus got through and enters a host cell? then 2. --> The ionophor quercetin +(zinc) to stop COVID-19 from replicating. But what if some of the virus survives and got through? then 3. --> Bromelain to inhibit Bradykinin to prevent the cytokine storm from happening.

Thank you so much.

So Hesperidin + Quercetin (+Zinc) + Bromelanin = RIP COVID-19?

Awesome feedback. Keep it coming please.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1002 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:48 AM

Fortunately, I'm not the only one who's "wondering" about this. A few zinc-focused clinical trials for COVID-19 have already been started.

https://medicalxpres...enous-zinc.html

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04351490

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04342728

Haha, quite late to the party!

Our friend Dorian opened my eyes about zinc vs COVID-19 as early as february 2020 and I can't stop dreaming about it ever since!

I even believe that if your serum zinc levels are optimal/above optimal and you get infected with COVID-19 you won't notice much.

I found out that (around 10 pages back) people who are obese, who have hypertension, diabetes type 2 (aka 80%-90 % of the people currently fighting for their lives in the ICU) and even people with bloodtype A  are ALL deficient in zinc. So what happens when they get infected with COVID-19? Their zinc levels crash even more. Treating these people with HCQ often doesn't work, because there is no zinc, there are no zinc ions (no tools) around for HQC to work with. Yes, HCQ can penetrate a cell but it is bringing a knife to a gunfight!

Did you know that some doctors here in the Netherlands are now treating patients with a simple combination of Quercetin (as replacement for HCQ) and Zinc and are getting good results with it?

It's not a cure all of course, but I can explain a lot of things. On zinc and bradykinin for example. The less zinc you have the less your blood vessels are able to withstand bradykinin, so easier for them to 'snap' and start leaking (and thus incite a cytokine storm) and I can go on and on.

Thank you for the links, very interesting.

• Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1003 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

So based upon this information is there and issue with quercetin and vitamin C together?

"The flavonoid quercetin has been demonstrated to inhibit transport of ascorbate by SVCT1.

Ascorbate transport by the low-affinity, high capacity SVCT1 can be inhibited by as much as 80%

in the presence of quercetin, and 100% when sodium was replaced by choline. Please be aware

of this important conflict. Quercetin occurring naturally in foods such as onions should not pose an

issue as the amounts are not high enough in an average serving to exert true inhibitory effects.

Supplementation of quercetin may need to be reconsidered when using oral ascorbic acid during

COVID-19 treatment."

https://www.jbc.org/...nt/277/18/15252

Yes, I saw this in a post by Doris Loh a couple of weeks ago. Her contention that is would not be problem for naturally occurring levels in foods agrees with the study linked right after yours. It could be a problem for supplementary high levels of quercetin though. If Loh's contention that most vitamin C is absorbed in the first few minutes is true, and I think it is, then one work-around would be to give vitamin C a few minutes head start, say at the beginning of a meal, and then take the quercetin later, along with any lipid solubles you take (vit. D, fish oil). I am just guessing here--no studies to back it up.

• Agree x 1

#1004 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:59 AM

Any benefit of ivermectin on COVID-19 will not come from its antiviral effect, from what I can make out.

By my pharmacokinetic calculation, you would need an ivermectin oral dose of 28.6 grams just to achieve the 5 μM concentration used in an in vitro antiviral study. That's too high to make ivermectin a viable antiviral, as it could be a lethal dose. The lethal ivermectin dose in rats is around 50 mg/kg. Ref: 1

This article in The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene says something similar (noting a far higher dosage required to obtain the desired plasma level) and goes into some more details.

Caly et al. report a 5,000-fold reduction in SARS-CoV-2 RNA levels, compared with those in controls, after infected Vero/hSLAM cells were incubated for 48 hours with 5μMivermectin. The ivermectin IC50 for the virus was calculated at approximately 2.5μM.

These concentrations are the equivalent of 4,370 and
2,190 ng/mL, respectively, notably 50- to 100-fold the peak concentration (Cmax) achieved in plasma after the single dose of 200μg/kg (14 mg in a 70-kg adult) commonly used for the control of onchocerchiasis.

Pharmacokinetic studies in healthy volunteers have suggested that single doses up to 120 mg of ivermectin can be safe and well tolerated. However, even with this dose, which is 10-fold greater than those approved by the US Food and Drug Administration, the Cmax values reported were250 ng/mL, one order of magnitude lower than effective in vitro concentrations against SARS-CoV-2.

http://www.ajtmh.org...ip-10-241-1-122

Edited by smithx, 18 April 2020 - 02:06 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1005 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:31 AM

Thanks mate! Bromelain not for blocking COVID-19 from attaching to ACE2 but to inhibit the harmful effects of Bradykinin.

Can't see why bromelain + quercetin + hesperidin can't co-exist together to counter COVID-19 and its devastating effects. Well, the more I think about this... Perhaps this is the most potent combination to date: 1. Hesperidin to prevent covid-19 from attaching itself to ACE2 receptor. But what if some of the virus got through and enters a host cell? then 2. --> The ionophor quercetin +(zinc) to stop COVID-19 from replicating. But what if some of the virus survives and got through? then 3. --> Bromelain to inhibit Bradykinin to prevent the cytokine storm from happening.

Thank you so much.

So Hesperidin + Quercetin (+Zinc) + Bromelanin = RIP COVID-19?

Awesome feedback. Keep it coming please.

Red meat, eggs = Vitamin A, cholesterol, zinc

Citrus (shred the coat and eat it too), Pineapple, garlic, red and yellow onions = quercetin, bromelain

Sit in the sun

Drink green tea

Melatonine, C vitamine

:cool:

• Agree x 1

#1006 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:11 AM

Well, there were reports that HCQ by itself is useless, so this isn't exactly a real surprise.

Fortunately, there are ongoing clinical trials testing H+Z for COVID-19.

https://clinicaltria...hloroquine zinc

So what is the consensus now on Hydroxychloroquine?

Just saw a doctor on MSM saying that based on the recent studies it can now be determined that hydroxy

is useless against this virus and has been a waste of time.  His words not mine.

#1007 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:50 AM

There was an investigation of homeless people somewhere in the US, almost all were asymtomatic. They should be dying in droves. But they are outside in the sun, they are grounded, they have fresh air.

We know that the reproductive rates of viral infections increase with poor air and light quality. The CO2 levels you are exposed to make a difference. Now might be a good time to open all windows.

• Good Point x 2

#1008 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:13 AM

There was an investigation of homeless people somewhere in the US, almost all were asymtomatic. They should be dying in droves. But they are outside in the sun, they are grounded, they have fresh air.

We know that the reproductive rates of viral infections increase with poor air and light quality. The CO2 levels you are exposed to make a difference. Now might be a good time to open all windows.

Here the story is about it.  It says they were all staying in the same homeless shelter.

They kinda equated it to like a nursing home situation but that all the homeless people living

there in the shelter were asymptomatic.

https://www.wbur.org...omeless-testing

Here is a story of a nursing home where 70 residents and 20 employees tested positive but were all asymptomatic.

https://www.wrdw.com...-569705701.html

I wonder since there is some belief that there is more then one strain that in both of these circumstances it might have

been a strain that doesn't cause as many health issues. 

Edited by lancebr, 18 April 2020 - 06:52 AM.

• Agree x 1

#1009 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:16 AM

Quercetin is a great zinc ionophore, however don't forget that according to the paper on ionophore activity of polyphynols, which I posted a few pages back, EGCG is twice as potent zinc ionophore as quercetin:

"The polyphenols analyzed can be classified into three groups: strong, soft and no zinc ionophore activity. The polyphenols exhibiting a strong ionophore activity include EGCG (36 fold D), QCT (18-fold D), LUT (12-fold D), TAN (12-fold D) and GAL (8-fold D); those displaying a soft zinc ionophore activity were RUT (4-fold D), TAX (4-fold D), CAF (3-fold D), CAT HYD (2-fold D), CAT (2-fold D) and GEN (2-fold D), whilst those resulting in no fluorescence were RSV, PHLO and NAR, indicative of a complete lack of zinc ionophore activity."

• like x 3
  • WellResearched x 1

#1010 thompson92

• Registrant
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:58 AM

Quercetin is a great zinc ionophore, however don't forget that according to the paper on ionophore activity of polyphynols, which I posted a few pages back, EGCG is twice as potent zinc ionophore as quercetin:

"The polyphenols analyzed can be classified into three groups: strong, soft and no zinc ionophore activity. The polyphenols exhibiting a strong ionophore activity include EGCG (36 fold D), QCT (18-fold D), LUT (12-fold D), TAN (12-fold D) and GAL (8-fold D); those displaying a soft zinc ionophore activity were RUT (4-fold D), TAX (4-fold D), CAF (3-fold D), CAT HYD (2-fold D), CAT (2-fold D) and GEN (2-fold D), whilst those resulting in no fluorescence were RSV, PHLO and NAR, indicative of a complete lack of zinc ionophore activity."

I may be riffing a little bit here, but I think the ionophore activity of EGCG might be inhibited in the presence of food, whereas quercetin might not have that problem.  The way I was looking at it was to drink green tea away from food and take quercetin with a meal.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1011 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:00 AM

When talking about quercetin, don't forget that it's not just of interest as a zinc ionophore.

It was found in docking simulation studies to bind strongly to the covid-19 spike protein, which would neutralize the virus and keep it from entering cells.

See: https://chemrxiv.org...erface/11871402

Luteolin was even a bit better in this regard, but that's a much less common supplement.

Edited by smithx, 18 April 2020 - 07:01 AM.

• Good Point x 2

#1012 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:20 AM

Citrus (shred the coat and eat it too),

One way I already use since a long time: take half an orange (due to my glucose-intolerance) with peel cut in small pieces into my grain-free breakfast muesli.

#1013 thompson92

• Registrant
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:30 AM

Naumovski, N., Blades, B., & Roach, P. (2015). Food Inhibits the Oral Bioavailability of the Major Green Tea Antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate in Humans. Antioxidants4(2), 373-393. doi:10.3390/antiox4020373

The bioavailability of the most abundant and most active green tea antioxidant, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) remains uncertain. Therefore, the systemic absorption of EGCG was tested in healthy fasted humans. It was administered as capsules with water or with a light breakfast, or when incorporated within a strawberry sorbet. The results for plasma EGCG clearly revealed that taking EGCG capsules without food was better; the AUC was 2.7 and 3.9 times higher than when EGCG capsules were taken with a light breakfast (p = 0.044) or with EGCG imbedded in the strawberry sorbet (p = 0.019), respectively. This pattern was also observed for Cmax and Cav. Therefore, ingesting food at the same time as EGCG, whether it was imbedded or not in food, substantially inhibited the absorption of the catechin. As with some types of medications that are affected by food, it appears that EGCG should be taken without food in order to maximise its systemic absorption. Therefore, based on these findings, ingesting EGCG with water on an empty stomach is the most appropriate method for the oral delivery of EGCG in clinical trials where EGCG is to be investigated as a potential bioactive nutraceutical in humans.

From <https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4665468/>

In reference to the comment I made above.  Not exactly congruent with what I previously stated, but I think the approach holds.  I also probably should have mentioned I use quercetin w/ phytosome.

• WellResearched x 1

#1014 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

If Loh's contention that most vitamin C is absorbed in the first few minutes is true, and I think it is, then one work-around would be to give vitamin C a few minutes head start, say at the beginning of a meal, and then take the quercetin later, along with any lipid solubles you take (vit. D, fish oil). I am just guessing here--no studies to back it up.

Loh's opinion of vitamin C is based on the experiments of the owner of the vitamin C forum. Who, as a diabetic, did repeated trials with glucose-meters (he used 3 different, and took the average of them at each time-interval), which wrongly meassure vitamin-C as glucose. In the first minutes even much more than equal amounts of glucose. While sodium-ascorbate didn't create such a spike and raised levels (glucose, assumed to reflect ascorbate) less and only gradually. Most important, all these experiments were in the fasted state.

Which would confirm what already was known: that ascorbic acid - for raising plasma-levels highest - should always be taken just before a meal. While mineral-ascorbates work more like a time-release, and where therefore the time one takes doesn't matter as much.

I can confirm that ascorbic acid works in a matter of minutes in my experience. Always during the rhinitis season I get terrible sneezing fits - a teaspoon of ascorbic acid stops them on the spot.

• Agree x 2

#1015 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:27 AM

OMG ... Josh is courageously putting this on the table again ... so maybe we should add in the title of this thread, next to supplements & therapies, also "democratic debate"?

https://joshmitteldo...#comment-539531

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#1016 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:37 AM

OMG ... Josh is courageously putting this on the table again ... so maybe we should add in the title of this thread, next to supplements & therapies, also "democratic debate"?

No. Anything democratic falls under this this thread: https://www.longecit...views-theories/

Anthing facist here: https://www.longecit...avirus-deniers/

Beside, Josh already has his own dedicated thread for just this article: https://www.longecit...osh-mitteldorf/

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1017 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

Off-topic (sorry), but very interesting anyway, related to hesperidin: "In this 12-week randomized controlled trial, ninety-eight patients with metabolic syndrome randomly assigned to receive either whole flaxseed powder (30 g/day), or hesperidin (1 g/day), or combination of 30 g flaxseed and 1 g hesperidin or no supplement while adhering a lifestyle modification program (...)

Results

In comparison to control group, systolic blood pressure (− 5.68 vs. − 2.91 mmHg, P = 0.041) and serum concentrations of triglyceride (− 50.06 vs. 3.87 mg/dL, P = 0.033) in hesperidin group showed a significant reduction over 12 weeks of intervention (...) Combination of flaxseed and hesperidin improved three of five metabolic syndrome components including serum concentrations of triglyceride, glucose and systolic blood pressure as compared to placebo. Interestingly, co-administration of flaxseed and hesperidin with 77.3% reduction in the prevalence of defined metabolic syndrome was revealed to be most effective in controlling the metabolic syndrome, after which the group of flaxseed with 76% reduction and hesperidin group with 54.5% reduction were ranked second and third, respectively."

#1018 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:31 PM

Another part of the study involved analyzing blood samples drawn from 119 influenza patients at two hospitals in Wuhan, China, prior to the outbreak of the pandemic. The team then compared what they found with blood drawn from healthy people as part of normal blood drives. They focused their efforts on both cytokine and blood glucose levels to see if they could find a pattern. They found that those patients with higher glucose levels were more likely to undergo a cytokine storm. They suggest their findings explain why patients with diabetes are more likely to experience cytokine storms and to have worse outcomes with flu (and possibly COVID-19) infections

https://medicalxpres...nts-severe.html

I have upped my gym a lot lately. Trying to increase proteins and grow some new skeletal muscle to capture glucose. Sunshine and cold showers are also good for checking blood glucose.

Edited by Kalliste, 18 April 2020 - 03:31 PM.

#1019 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:50 PM

Dr. Matt Hartman, a cardiologist, said that after four days on the immunosuppressive drug, supplemented by high-dose vitamin C and other therapies, the level of oxygen in Padgett's blood improved dramatically. On March 23, doctors were able to take him off life support.

Drug called Actrema + C vitamin (probably IV since this was in an ICU setting, they dont say)

https://news.yahoo.c...-054816082.html

#1020 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:11 PM

Bombshell news out of Stanford University: Santa Clara County (effectively, Silicon Valley) has tens of times the number of infections as reported in its official case count. This result, while quite rough due to test inaccuracies, has potentially radical implications for the true case fatality rate and the lockdown debate. It sounds like more accurate and less biased surveys are in the pipeline, as well. Don't forget, though, that deaths lag cases, so the death rate is sure to be higher than implied by this first survey. All considered, this team clearly demonstrated the value of the exercise, which is cheap and easy to reproduce.

https://www.mercuryn...nford-estimates

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users