* * * * * 2 votes

Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#1141 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:29 AM

If nicotine is shown to have some benefit...I wonder if nicotine gum would work or if it would have to be the patch?

Never used the patch, but chomped on nicotine gum at work before.  Nicotine is nicotine.  Actually may favorite drug.  Makes me feel like superman.  Turns my celeron brain into a pentium.  If you like caffeine, you'll love nicotine!  Amazing how smokers would rather die than give it up.  It really is that good.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 23 April 2020 - 07:32 AM.

• like x 1

#1142 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the detailed reply.

"You're well beyond the typical COVID19 progression at this point, which is shortness of breath at day 5 or 6, and ARDS at day 8" So essentially, if it was covid-19 I should be experiencing ARDS by now?

I am waiting to see the GP tomorrow; after being offered a ECG tomorrow by the nurse there,they cancelled. Anyway, hopefully the doc can do an examination with a stethoscope-or am I expecting too much!

You shouldn't be able to walk down the hall by now, without needing to rest. And you should have a fever. Typically you would also present with dry cough, which at this point would involve pain radiating down into the bronchial tubes. Anything is possible, but this really sounds like something else.

I don't know what the doc will be willing to do, but at least you will be able to inquire about where you should go for a proper workup. Granted, they might by now have decided to send everyone with respiratory issues to a COVID19 center, which is risky if you don't have it. PPE is your best friend.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the other great reason for adhering to a juice diet when faced with a respiratory illness is that it thwarts mucus production. Mucus is one of the biggest threats because it can clog our airways.

There are those who will point out, quite correctly, that juice diets are inherently high in sugar, which is particularly undesirable if sugar molecules are required for viral invasion. However, they're also very low in protein, which means -- courtesy of mTOR --- that your propensity to experience a deadly cytokine storm will be reduced. Food (or drink) for thought. A little protein in the form of mushrooms or mushroom powder, for one, should be fine and not significantly contribute to mucus. Conversely, milk would be about the most pro-mucus food I can think of.

#1143 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:17 AM

No, ascorbic acid doesn't leach essentials minerals from the body. Though really nobody studied high-dose intake, not to talk about long term. We really only have the clinical eperience of such physicians like Klenner and Cathart, which didn't find such averse effects treating many thousands of patients for many years. I personally monitored most minerals in serum, whole blood and hair during my now more than 11 years of having taken in average 24g AA per day.

Titrating to bowel-tolerance is done for short periods only anyway. But either way, many do already suffer from essential mineral deficiencies. Since those are often not explainable by actually sufficient intake, I would recommend even without covid or high vitamin intake - to monitor blood levels of essential minerals and vitamins.

Usually ascorbic acid gives higest plasma peaks when taken just before a meal. But during titrating to bowel-tolerance, having to take a high dose every 20 minutes, that consideration becomes kind of moot.

So I guess it's really hard to hit bowel tolerance with anything other than pure ascorbic acid. Otherwise, you end up ingesting problematic quantities of pill fillers, e.g. dicalcium phosphate.

• like x 1

#1144 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:20 AM

We'll soon find out if HCQ can prevent COVID-19.

Proflaxis Using Hydroxychloroquine Plus Vitamins-Zinc During COVID-19 Pandemia
https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04326725

PCORI Funds Registry and Large-Scale Study of Effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent COVID-19 Infection in U.S. Healthcare Workers
https://www.pcori.or...lthcare-workers

Dr. Zelenko mentions a "proper" HCQ + zinc study in his latest interview. It's also worth a listen to his latest statistics, which now include 2 deaths.

Bear in mind: even if the real death rate is well under 1% (if we believe the Santa Clara and Los Angeles antibody results), that doesn't mean that his numbers are suddenly unremarkable, for the simple reason that asymptomatic people don't tend to show up at the doctor's office, and especially not in the current context.

https://www.youtube....h?v=-K7lnW9_xnw

#1145 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:23 AM

Latest MedCram features some enlightening discussion of prophylaxis and meticulous sanitation.

https://www.youtube....h?v=NM2A2xNLWR4

#1146 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:29 AM

This probably isn't news to many of you, but it's worth repeating. COVID19 has caused catastrophic blood clots in asymptomatic carriers under 50.

https://edition.cnn....ults/index.html

#1147 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:05 PM

Usually ascorbic acid gives higest plasma peaks when taken just before a meal. But during titrating to bowel-tolerance, having to take a high dose every 20 minutes, that consideration becomes kind of moot.

So I guess it's really hard to hit bowel tolerance with anything other than pure ascorbic acid. Otherwise, you end up ingesting problematic quantities of pill fillers, e.g. dicalcium phosphate.

Even without titrating to astronomical bowel-tolerances, but regular high intakes (6-18 g/d), I would always avoid pill and capsules due to the high accompanying intake of who-knows-what binders and fillers. Which in the long term at such amounts can't be healthy.

However, bowel tolerance is very individual, in very few healthy individual individuals it might be as low as 4 grams per day: http://www.doctoryou.../titration.html, where it wouldn't matter as much.

TABLE I - USUAL BOWEL TOLERANCE DOSES 

GRAMS ASCORBIC ACID      NUMBER OF DOSES      
CONDITION                  PER 24 HOURS           PER 24 HOURS 
normal                       4 -  15              4 -  6 
mild cold                   30 -  60              6 - 10 
severe cold                 60 - 100+             8 - 15 
influenza                  100 - 150              8 - 20 
ECHO, coxsackievirus       100 - 150              8 - 20 
mononucleosis              150 - 200+            12 - 25 
viral pneumonia            100 - 200+            12 - 25 
hay fever, asthma           15 -  50              4 -  8 
environmental and                                        
 food allergy              0.5 -  50              4 -  8 
burn, injury, surgery       25 - 150+             6 - 20 
anxiety, exercise and                                    
 other mild stresses        15 -  25              4 -  6 
cancer                      15 - 100              4 - 15 
ankylosing spondylitis      15 - 100              4 - 15 
Reiter's syndrome           15 -  60              4 - 10 
acute anterior uveitis      30 - 100              4 - 15 
rheumatoid arthritis        15 - 100              4 - 15 
bacterial infections        30 - 200+            10 - 25 
infectious hepatitis        30 - 100              6 - 15 
candidiasis                 15 - 200+             6 - 25

Plain ascorbic acid is just more straight forward in raising ascorbate levels and reaping effects. With difficulty in tolerating its acidity, sodium ascorbate has been successfully used for titrating to bowel tolerance just as well. Reaching high and short peaks of plasma levels (via AA), or accumulating it via more slower release and gradually reached levels (via SA), both do reach bowel-tolerance in the end.

However, with mineral ascorbates one always has to seriously consider the mineral content one is ingesting. https://lpi.oregonst...plemental-forms With 200g SA one would ingest about 22g of sodium, not too far off from past times without refrigeration, and many foods conserved with salt. With 200 calcium ascorbate and about 20g of calcium, definitely an unhealthy overdose by any comparison!

However, the middle way for avoiding some of the acidity would be to add just less sodium bicarbonate. And not up to half the weight of AA, where the solution would become pH neutral and exclusive sodium ascorbate.

Taking some as sodium ascorbate, or even liposomal, does in my experience both raise bowel-tolerance a bid further. And therefore could give even more advantage, by getting even more ascorbate into the system. And with that more freed up to mop up the damage.

Edited by pamojja, 23 April 2020 - 12:08 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1148 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:05 PM

This probably isn't news to many of you, but it's worth repeating. COVID19 has caused catastrophic blood clots in asymptomatic carriers under 50.

They just had a doctor on the news talking about it and they said that there has been so severe of

blood clotting in some situations that arms or legs had to be amputated from the damage of the clot.

So what type of supplements or herbs would be good to prevent or treat something like this?

Edited by lancebr, 23 April 2020 - 02:11 PM.

#1149 joelcairo

• 586 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:46 PM

This is NOT about COVID-19. It's about SARS and about canine coronavirus (SARS-CCoV). However it looks interesting for obvious reasons. Indomethacin is a less well-known NSAID which has some remarkable anticancer properties.

Indomethacin has a potent antiviral activity against SARS coronavirus

https://www.intmedpr...ad-e35f99be9211

"Indomethacin's potent antiviral activity (> 1000-fold reduction in virus yield was confirmed in CCoV-infected dogs."

Edited by joelcairo, 23 April 2020 - 03:54 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1150 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

They just had a doctor on the news talking about it and they said that there has been so severe of

blood clotting in some situations that arms or legs had to be amputated from the damage of the clot.

So what type of supplements or herbs would be good to prevent or treat something like this?

Vitamin-E inhibits clotting, with the additional benefit of inhibition of scarring.  Win-Win!  

Got E?  

#1151 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:50 PM

We'll soon find out if HCQ can prevent COVID-19.

Proflaxis Using Hydroxychloroquine Plus Vitamins-Zinc During COVID-19 Pandemia
https://clinicaltria...how/NCT04326725

PCORI Funds Registry and Large-Scale Study of Effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine to Prevent COVID-19 Infection in U.S. Healthcare Workers
https://www.pcori.or...lthcare-workers

The Turkish study is not expected to be peer-reviewed until Sept 1st, but we might get prelim results on July 1st, according to the clinical trials site....so not all that soon, unfortunately. 

• Informative x 1

#1152 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:21 PM

The anticoagulant nafamostat potently inhibits SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro: an existing drug with multiple possible therapeutic effects

Although infection by SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19, is spreading rapidly worldwide, no drug has been shown to be sufficiently effective for treating COVID-19. We previously found that nafamostat mesylate, an existing drug used for disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), effectively blocked MERS-CoV S protein-initiated cell fusion by targeting TMPRSS2, and inhibited MERS-CoV infection of human lung epithelium-derived Calu-3 cells. Here we established a quantitative fusion assay dependent on SARS-CoV-2 S protein, ACE2 and TMPRSS2, and found that nafamostat mesylate potently inhibited the fusion while camostat mesylate was about 10-fold less active. Furthermore, nafamostat mesylate blocked SARS-CoV-2 infection of Calu-3 cells with an EC50 around 10 nM, which is below its average blood concentration after intravenous administration through continuous infusion. These findings, together with accumulated clinical data regarding its safety, make nafamostat a likely candidate drug to treat COVID-19.

• WellResearched x 2
  • Informative x 1

#1153 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:15 PM

The Turkish study is not expected to be peer-reviewed until Sept 1st, but we might get prelim results on July 1st, according to the clinical trials site....so not all that soon, unfortunately. 

I wouldn't worry too much about those dates; a lot of the HCQ trials are reporting results way before any of the listed dates and not waiting for peer review.

Edited by Florin, 23 April 2020 - 06:51 PM.

#1154 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:41 PM

Vitamin-E inhibits clotting, with the additional benefit of inhibition of scarring.  Win-Win!  

Got E?  

So what is a safe amount of vitamin E to take daily? 

I remember reading in the past that taking too much can cause issues.

#1155 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

Common infections like influenza can also cause strokes in younger people.

Influenza-like Illness as a Trigger for Ischemic Stroke

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/29687022/

Edited by Florin, 23 April 2020 - 06:57 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1156 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:58 PM

Latest MedCram features some enlightening discussion of prophylaxis and meticulous sanitation.

https://www.youtube....h?v=NM2A2xNLWR4

The doctor in that video mentioned that he is taking the following as a preventative:

Quercetin

Vitamin D

Zinc

Vitamin C

N-acetyl-cysteine

I think after listening to his reasoning for taking NAC it would be good to add to the list of things to take.

Edited by lancebr, 23 April 2020 - 07:11 PM.

• Agree x 1

#1157 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:14 PM

Vitamin-E is sold in doses up to 1000 IU/gelcap, so I would assume this would about be the upper safe limit.  400 IU is the standard dose for stand alone E supplements.  

I've always been a less-is-more / low-dose kind of guy.  Currently on my standard 200 IU of E with mixed tocopherols, but may increase to 400 IU if I get sick.  

#1158 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:35 PM

I remember when it was widely believed that there was essentially no upper limit for vitamin E. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 48:612-619, 1988., "oral vitamin E supplementation resulted in few side effects even at doses as high as 3200 mg/d (3200 IU/d)."  As I recall, the adverse effects were later discovered after long-term use. It was very popular as a potential preventative for cardiovascular disease.

So, very high doses should be tolerable for short-term treatment in the context of viral infection.

• Agree x 1

#1159 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:42 PM

Vitamin-E is sold in doses up to 1000 IU/gelcap, so I would assume this would about be the upper safe limit.  400 IU is the standard dose for stand alone E supplements.  

I've always been a less-is-more / low-dose kind of guy.  Currently on my standard 200 IU of E with mixed tocopherols, but may increase to 400 IU if I get sick.  

Thanks for the info.

Im currently taking Life Extension Two Per Day Multi. I noticed it has 134 mg for two so if my

math is correct that would be 200 iu. Probably need to get some extra vitamin E by itselfs

so if need to up it.

#1160 Mr Spock

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:01 PM

resveratrol_guy, wrote:

" Anything is possible, but this really sounds like something else."

So my GP phoned to say she didn't have PPE, so don't come here-but sent a referral letter to casualty. Had ECG and bloods done,inc.trop, twice; ECG and bloods were normal according to the Doc there. Xray was clear also- asked if it could be heart failure,again the answer was unlikely,but it could be heart related or COVID ,although she didn't think it was that also.Remarkably, although I was in the "dirty" area, eg included with COVID patients- they didn't do a test to see if i had covid-which I found remarkable! So, with my limited medical knowledge,I can only think of this as an explanation: I came off ramipril about 4 weeks ago,after being on it for around 2 years,due to the issue with ACE2.Coming off suddenly, although my BP hadn't shot up( ~132/80 regularly) probably been causing it.

"By the way, I forgot to mention that the other great reason for adhering to a juice diet when faced with a respiratory illness is that it thwarts mucus production. Mucus is one of the biggest threats because it can clog our airways.

There are those who will point out, quite correctly, that juice diets are inherently high in sugar, which is particularly undesirable if sugar molecules are required for viral invasion. However, they're also very low in protein, which means -- courtesy of mTOR --- that your propensity to experience a deadly cytokine storm will be reduced. Food (or drink) for thought. A little protein in the form of mushrooms or mushroom powder, for one, should be fine and not significantly contribute to mucus. Conversely, milk would be about the most pro-mucus food I can think of."

I presume that would include my home made yoghurt?

Edited by goodraw, 23 April 2020 - 09:04 PM.

#1161 shp5

• 219 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:06 PM

I presume that would include my home made yoghurt?

for me, yes, like clockwork, phlegm 20-30 minutes after ingestion. my GF: nothing at all. Personally I don't touch milk and yoghurt when I'm sick, but frankly, it is hard to make a good argument as to why.

should I get sick I'm gonna stay with zinc, cordyceps, vitamin c, melatonine, as much sleep as I can get, breathing exercises and heart coherence meditation.

Edited by shp5, 23 April 2020 - 11:14 PM.

• Agree x 1

#1162 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 11:51 PM

You shouldn't be able to walk down the hall by now, without needing to rest. And you should have a fever. Typically you would also present with dry cough, which at this point would involve pain radiating down into the bronchial tubes. Anything is possible, but this really sounds like something else.

I don't know what the doc will be willing to do, but at least you will be able to inquire about where you should go for a proper workup. Granted, they might by now have decided to send everyone with respiratory issues to a COVID19 center, which is risky if you don't have it. PPE is your best friend.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the other great reason for adhering to a juice diet when faced with a respiratory illness is that it thwarts mucus production. Mucus is one of the biggest threats because it can clog our airways.

There are those who will point out, quite correctly, that juice diets are inherently high in sugar, which is particularly undesirable if sugar molecules are required for viral invasion. However, they're also very low in protein, which means -- courtesy of mTOR --- that your propensity to experience a deadly cytokine storm will be reduced. Food (or drink) for thought. A little protein in the form of mushrooms or mushroom powder, for one, should be fine and not significantly contribute to mucus. Conversely, milk would be about the most pro-mucus food I can think of.

Why would you want low protein? 

Studies show that protein (ie whey) is an immune modulator that actually helps to control cytokine storms and helps to reduce IL6. 

So if your low on protein that doesn't seem to be helpful.

Traditional antiviral mechanisms of milk proteins:

"The life cycle of a virus comprises several phases such as binding to the host cell surface,

entry or fusion, replication of the viral genome, viral protein synthesis, virus progeny assembly

and release. All these steps may be targeted by antiviral agents of milk derived proteins."

Binding to structural virus proteins prevent virus host cell interaction:

"Enveloped viruses, meaning the viral capsid is coated with a lipid membrane known as the viral

envelop, infect host cells via the interaction between envelop proteins and cellular receptors.

Many of the antiviral milk proteins can bind to structural proteins of the virion in order to prevent

binding of the virus to the target cell and subsequently inhibit entry of the viral genome into the host cell."

Milk protein as an immune modulator:

"There is a great quantity of milk protein properties that can lead to immune regulation, involving in both up

and down regulation of the immune system. Milk proteins function as antiviral and immune regulatory factors

by regulating the innate immune response both through up-regulation to enhance killing of viruses, and

down-regulation to reduce detrimental conditions such as sepsis. Additionally, the whey protein lactoferrin,

and pepsin derived peptide fragments have been studied extensively for antiviral properties, direct

interaction with the virus particle, interaction with cellular receptors on the target cells, and complex antiviral

mechanisms involving stimulation and regulation of the immune system"

It appears that whey protein not only helps to inhibit the virus from taking hold but also helps to regulate the

immune system so if you need it up regulated or down regulated.  I have read that elderly people usually are

deficient in protein compared to younger people.  Maybe that is one reason this is hitting the elderly harder

compared to the younger people.

Sources:

https://insights.ovi...on/690/00003246

NewburgD. S.1999Human milk glycoconjugates that inhibit pathogens,Curr Med Chem 6117127

Antirotaviral activity of milk proteins: lactoferrin prevents rotavirus infection in the enterocyte-like cell line HT-29,Med Microbiol Immunol

T. J.2001Lactoferrin and cyclic lactoferricin inhibit the entry of human cytomegalovirus into human fibroblasts,Antiviral Res 51141149

K.TomitaM.1992Identification of the bactericidal domain of lactoferrin, Biochim Biophys Acta 1121130136

Edited by lancebr, 24 April 2020 - 12:02 AM.

#1163 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:55 AM

Looks like we finally have this figured out and will get a handle on it:

https://twitter.com/...448138813173760

https://thehill.com/...virus-treatment

https://www.yahoo.co...-000002468.html

https://www.forbes.c...s/#7d260c9b4088

President Trump on Thursday suggested medical experts should study exposing the human body to heat and light as a treatment for the coronavirus during Thursday's White House briefing by the president's task force on the virus.

Trump's remarks followed a presentation from William Bryan, undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security. 

Bryan presented the results of a study that showed the virus deteriorates more quickly when subjected to higher temperatures and humidity — a finding that quickly drew skepticism from other experts on social media and cable television given outbreaks in a number of places with warm climates, such as Singapore and Brazil.

Bryan presented data that found how long the virus can live on solid surfaces or in the air was cut significantly under high temperatures, higher humidity and when exposed to sunlight. He said his office was also studying how certain disinfectants might kill the virus more effectively than others, referencing isopropyl alcohol and bleach.

Trump latched onto the findings, inquiring multiple times about harnessing the light and heat as part of a potential cure.

"So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you're going to test it," Trump said. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside of the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you’re going to test that too. Sounds interesting.  "Trump also asked if there was a way to use disinfectants on the body "by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

Pretty interesting suggestion from the president of the United States here. pic.twitter.com/o2UmDRVpW5

— Joe Sonka #StayHome (@joesonka) April 23, 2020

Bryan later cautioned that the agency's findings did not mean that sunlight will kill the virus, nor should going outdoors supersede social distancing guidelines put in place by state and federal leaders.

"It would be irresponsible for us to say that we feel the summer is just going to totally kill the virus … that is not the case," he said.  But he occasionally sent mixed messages, telling one reporter he would personally opt to hold a family gathering outside rather than inside during the summer and explaining that sunlight could have an effect at getting rid of the virus on playground equipment or other surfaces.  Asked if it was dangerous to give the impression Americans would be safe from the virus going outside, Trump doubled down on his suggestion to use the heat and light as a cure.  "Maybe you can, maybe you can’t ... I’m not a doctor. But I’m, like, a person that has a good you-know-what," Trump said, pointing to his head.  He then turned to Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, asking if she had ever heard of using "the heat and the light" to combat the coronavirus.

"Not as a treatment," Birx said. "I mean, certainly ... when you have a fever it helps your body respond. But I’ve not seen heat or light."

"I think it’s a great thing to look at," Trump said.

The U.S. has more than 873,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, including in a number of warm weather and humid climates, further raising questions about the sunlight's impact on the disease. New Orleans was one of the country's first hot spots, while Florida and Georgia have seen increasing cases.

Countries located near the tropics have also dealt with infections.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#1164 sciack

• 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 02:04 AM

I live in Thailand and it is months I am saying the same thing. Warm weather and humidity play a role it is undoubtably.

regarding Singapore, have you ever been there? People live inside in offices and shopping mall at a very cold temperature. I have been there many times and their ridiculous use of air conditioning it always puzzled me. About Brazil, did you check the weather now in Rio? I checked few days ago when I was seeing an increase of covid-19 cases and it was a cold 23 C. In Thailand we are now at 30 C every day and sometimes even more. I noticed since we entered the humid season a drastic decrease in covid cases. So yes temperature and humidity play a role. But societies do no live outside all the time so yes the virus can survive inside buildings also in tropical areas. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1165 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:28 AM

Trump is always having a good time. I have made it a habit to expose myself to plenty of sunlight and fresh air (open door, windows whenever possible)

We know that action while the virus is early on multiplying in the body is so important. I would prefer Prophy of HCQ but thats impossible so I have settled for frequent Sauna baths in my IR unit.

Some days the sun is strong, then I lie down in the sun with an extra heat lamp (Philips 250w IR) trained on me to get natures own IR treatment.

If the virus is silently growing in my system a daily heat-up or so should theoretically cut it down a bit via artificial fever (there is such science for frequent Sauna bathing, Rhonda Patrick talked about 4x20min/week IIRC)

Even if there is no virus this habit should be anti-inflammatory in many ways: Sweat heavy metals, relax endothelial, sun will raise my Vit D, etc which is good if I get the hyper inflammatory disease.

I'm itching to go back on aspirin with the stroke and blood clotting stuff in mind. I stopped Aspirin on theoretical grounds due to the ACE2 controversy.

However Aspirin is a blood thinner, it is anti-inflammatory (this disease is partially hyper inflammatory...) and I remember more than one paper where it had anti-viral properties (eg. MERS).

Usual combo is 500mg aspirin+3mg melatonin+5g glycine for a good night of sleep.

Does anyone know if there is direct contra-indications with Aspirin/Covid? Maybe I will switch over to baby aspirins 75mg so not to get the 500mg mega-dose which could muck up my ACE2 receptors...

Covid-19 causes sudden strokes in young adults, doctors say

#1166 sciack

• 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:36 AM

Trump is always having a good time. I have made it a habit to expose myself to plenty of sunlight and fresh air (open door, windows whenever possible)

We know that action while the virus is early on multiplying in the body is so important. I would prefer Prophy of HCQ but thats impossible so I have settled for frequent Sauna baths in my IR unit.

Some days the sun is strong, then I lie down in the sun with an extra heat lamp (Philips 250w IR) trained on me to get natures own IR treatment.

If the virus is silently growing in my system a daily heat-up or so should theoretically cut it down a bit via artificial fever (there is such science for frequent Sauna bathing, Rhonda Patrick talked about 4x20min/week IIRC)

Even if there is no virus this habit should be anti-inflammatory in many ways: Sweat heavy metals, relax endothelial, sun will raise my Vit D, etc which is good if I get the hyper inflammatory disease.

I'm itching to go back on aspirin with the stroke and blood clotting stuff in mind. I stopped Aspirin on theoretical grounds due to the ACE2 controversy.

However Aspirin is a blood thinner, it is anti-inflammatory (this disease is partially hyper inflammatory...) and I remember more than one paper where it had anti-viral properties (eg. MERS).

Usual combo is 500mg aspirin+3mg melatonin+5g glycine for a good night of sleep.

Does anyone know if there is direct contra-indications with Aspirin/Covid? Maybe I will switch over to baby aspirins 75mg so not to get the 500mg mega-dose which could muck up my ACE2 receptors...

Covid-19 causes sudden strokes in young adults, doctors say

I am taking a baby aspirin 82mg every other day, or I would take a 50mg every day but I can’t find it here...

sun and thermal shocks are good for our immune system. 

I stay by the pool all day 

#1167 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:34 AM

A Call to Arms! 

I'm volunteering with an organization ( http://www.treatearly.org/ ) trying to inform the public (and doctors) about mismanagement of clinical trials for Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ).  We've all seen independent doctors and their patients reporting remarkable success with HCQ in the field, while "official" clinical trials have of late turned largely negative.  It appears nearly all of the clinical trials are using HCQ in a "salvage" role in hospitalized patients with advanced disease, rather than initializing therapy early where antivirals tend to work best.  

HCQ (much like Tamiflu) work, not by killing virus but by inhibiting reproduction & exponential growth, giving precious time for a proper immune response to be developed.  Neither is intended or will work as a salvage medication for the acutely ill.  The misleading early data emerging from poorly done trials is threatening to totally destroy doctor & patient access to HCQ in the US.  

Hydroxychloroquine expert suggests doctors should halt prescriptions for COVID-19 patients after 'concerning' study

https://www.yahoo.co...-203327701.html

The latest hysteria about HCQ comes from a VA study, which splashed headlines all across mass media.  "NO BENEFIT / MORE DEATHS".  Dr Chris Martenson (PhD/Pathology) takes this flawed study apart piece by piece here (I've bypassed the standard intro in the link):  

https://youtu.be/dLSYRqcg0wo?t=252

These deeply flawed studies are seriously damaging what may be our only hope & access to effective therapy, not to mention pulling the economy out of it's nosedive.  I dearly hope you'll give http://www.treatearly.org/ some help by mentioning it in your posts on other social media. As we know, the google "MEDIC" algorithm revision has all but eliminated sites like this (and ours) from appearing in search results, so spreading the word as widely as possible is the only way this information will reach the public.  

God help us all if our most promising front line med gets withdrawn from consideration due to bad science that is currently contaminating research. 

The contact I have with this site said he would appreciate feedback & suggestions from our knowledgeable members through the Contact Us link on the site. Please use the "About" link on the main page to explore the content & let them know what you think.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 24 April 2020 - 04:43 AM.

• like x 2

#1168 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:17 AM

well guys, if you go for light therapy+sauna, you should add methylene blue (MB)  and go for infrared light (IR) instead, which should be the right wavelength interval to activate MB. I suppose you could use an IR lamp -- though I'm not a believer in lamps. I'd go for a traditional banya with a brick furnace like this:

kyrpychnaja-kamenka.jpg

they say that when the furnace cools off and reaches the ideal for this purpose temperature of 55C, it can stay at about that temperature for a couple of hours. They say, this wavelength, coming from the brick, can actually penetrate deep into the soft tissues.

So, here you have IR light that activates MB + heat. All in one. Bye-bye covid!

I suppose in lieu of banya you'd have to use a lamp. How deep does an IR lamp penetrate tissues?

• unsure x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1169 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:05 AM

HCQ (much like Tamiflu) work, not by killing virus but by inhibiting reproduction & exponential growth, giving precious time for a proper immune response to be developed.  Neither is intended or will work as a salvage medication for the acutely ill.  The misleading early data emerging from poorly done trials is threatening to totally destroy doctor & patient access to HCQ in the US.  

Hydroxychloroquine expert suggests doctors should halt prescriptions for COVID-19 patients after 'concerning' study

https://www.yahoo.co...-203327701.html

That study (Magagnoli et al) from VA has been completely discredited by Didier Raoult and team (see attached file). Everywhere I see trials for prophylactic actions, even in my local hospital focusing on medical staff (Swiss are notoriously cautious and do not waste money). Also, as per my previous post , my friends doctors in Italy prescribed, in case of symptoms, a precise HCQ dosage to likely avoid a disaster. Should I get symptoms with fever, test positive and as I am otherwise healthy, I personally would not hesitate a second to check and ask my doctor for it (adding zinc).

Attached File  Response-to-Magagnoli.pdf   58.42KB   10 downloads

Edited by albedo, 24 April 2020 - 09:14 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1170 BlueCloud

• 540 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:19 AM

I still just don’t understand why Trump even gets mentionned in threads about a scientific subject in a scientific forum. Why should any one care whether he agrees or disagrees with HCQ or anything else ? Lately he has been suggesting injecting bleach or disinfectant as a treatment that will “knock out the virus in a minute or so”. Why should his ( or any other head of state) opinion influence what you think about HCQ ?

The only interesting study would be the results of injecting neurons in his head, 

anyway, back to HCQ. Dr Raoult has been arguing from the start that it only works early on ( yes , he was the main proponent of HCQ for those who actually believe Trump discovered it. Incidentally, a Nigerian Prince will contact you soon. Do respond positively to his offer ). All his studies are done on people that haven’t progressed to severe symptoms.

I think the main issues with his studies, is that the rate of success is equivalent to the rate of recovery by people ( who are tested positive while having light symptoms or none) who are not treated. The vast majority of people do not progress to serious symptoms. Another big issue we have right now is the disheartening rate of false positives in tests. The reliability is just terrible.

Also, he always associated it with azithromicyn , while other clinical trials who failed only tested HCQ by itself. In fact, I’m seeing more and more that HCQ itself is only playing a minor assistance role to other things that are associated with it, like zinc.

The fact that some studies shows HCQ failing for treatment of patients who have already progressed to severe symptoms isn’t necessarily antinomic to the idea that it could still be useful as a prophylactic.
 But we still need something else for those who are already at advanced stages. 

Edited by BlueCloud, 24 April 2020 - 09:56 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users