* * * * * 2 votes

Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#1591 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:29 AM

Based on an exhaustive literature analysis and own observations, I proposed a hypothesis that glutathione deficiency is exactly the most plausible explanation for serious manifestation and death in COVID-19-infected patients. The major risk factors established for severe COVID-19 infection and relative glutathione deficiency found in COVID-19-infected patients with moderate-to-severe illness have converged me to two very important conclusions: (1) oxidative stress contributes to hyper-inflammation of the lung leading to adverse disease outcomes such as acute respiratory distress syndrome, multiorgan failure and death; (2) poor antioxidant defense due to endogenous glutathione deficiency as a result of decreased biosynthesis and/or increased depletion of GSH is the most probable cause of increased oxidative damage of the lung, regardless which of the factors aging, chronic disease comorbidity, smoking or some others were responsible for this deficit. The hypothesis provides novel insights into the etiology and mechanisms responsible for serious manifestations of COVID-19 infection and justifies promising opportunities for effective treatment and prevention of the illness through glutathione recovering with N-acetylcysteine and reduced glutathione

https://www.research...ure_data_and_ow

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1592 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

So does anyone have a better understanding of this study.... because the wording of their conclusion

is strange.

https://www.medrxiv....5.08.20095893v1

"Vitamin D dose was not significantly associated with testing positive for COVID-19. Vitamin D deficiency

that is not sufficiently treated is associated with COVID-19 risk."

So they say that a vitamin D deficiency that is not treated is associated with Covid risk....but then they

say the vitamin D dose is not significantly associated with testing positive.

To me it sounds as if they are saying that if you take a dose of 400iu or 5000iu it doesn't matter since

the dose is not significantly associated with testing positive. That the main concern is to not be deficient.

Edited by lancebr, 15 May 2020 - 03:33 PM.

• Agree x 1

#1593 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

Hi all... infrequent poster here.  I came across this site which I thought very interesting.  

https://covidcandy.c...ectin-protocol/

• Informative x 1

#1594 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:32 PM

Seheult strikes again.  Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin.  He’s my favorite find in the COVID-19 literature.  Mainstream MD with biochemistry chops, explains well, and is also open to new ideas.  Here he reviews https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1.full.pdf the same study that was reported in this thread at post #1574 by Florin.

A new pre-print study from NYU Grossman School of Medicine shows that the addition of zinc to a hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin COVID-19 treatment regimen may result in a statistically significant reduction in mortality. Dr. Seheult discusses the interesting results and possible confounders of this retrospective observational study. (This video was recorded May 15th, 2020)

I saw on one of his videos, but can’t find a confirming link, that some of his expert, cautious, high-class videos have been taken down by Youtube Big Brother for deviation from WHO orthodoxy.   Maybe he’ll have to do an enthusiastic fake review of Remdesivir to buy some protection. 

• Agree x 3
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#1595 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:25 PM

I saw on one of his videos, but can’t find a confirming link, that some of his expert, cautious, high-class videos have been taken down by Youtube Big Brother for deviation from WHO orthodoxy.   Maybe he’ll have to do an enthusiastic fake review of Remdesivir to buy some protection. 

Same problem with search engines, except it isnt as obvious since they just push it down.

Search results for duckduckgo.com seem less manipulated if you check "quercetin ionophore"  or "coronavirus vitamin supplements" or "covid vitamins" or "covid protocol quercetin"

You get better results if you include quercetin, elderberry, or melatonin as part of your search to get to the past the fluffy sites.  

Interesting overview from Consumer Labs while experimenting, another protocol by Paul Marik

Paul mentions doing zinc at 75mg-100 for month before dropping back down to 30-50mgs.  You cant store zinc, is he trying build up ionophores?  I saw elsewhere the ionophore is present for up to 10 days in the body.  Need to find that reference.

Still, seems like more than one should take.

• like x 1

#1596 Florin

• 841 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:23 PM

Here he reviews https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1.full.pdf the same study that was reported in this thread at post #1574 by Florin.

Just a note: it looks like Gal220 first mentioned this study in post #1553.

#1597 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:00 AM

Just a note: it looks like Gal220 first mentioned this study in post #1553.

Oh there is lots of repeated info in the thread, its the bane of all message boards.  Its a good thread though, I havent seen better anywhere else.  Sometimes you can update the first post to keep a thread summarized, but dont think that really works here.

#1598 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:18 AM

Interesting fact that the antibodies from Covid19 and Rubella matched up:

"The lead researchers, Professor Robin Franklin and Dr. Yorgo Modis, explain how the similarities in the structure of coronavirus and rubella

could suggest ways in which the vaccine could provide protection to coronavirus patients. They noted a 29 percent similarity between the

two viruses.

They believe that because of these structural similarities, someone with a developed immune system containing antibodies against rubella

may also partly fight off COVID-19. The team claims that it could be a possibility if the body was forced to cultivate antibodies targeted at

one virus but is also able to cling onto another. They add that the molecules found on SARS-CoV-2 have been found to bind onto rubella

antibodies in previous studies.

In an attempt to justify their theory, the team studied blood samples from coronavirus patients in England and studied signs of rubella immunity

in moderately and severely ill patients. Their approach proved to be accurate when they saw higher levels of immunity among patients with

severe cases of the disease after they had recovered.

They said that the antibodies the patients developed during the course of their illness with COVID-19 matched up with rubella antibodies, proves

that their theory could work either way; a previous infection from the coronavirus could protect people from rubella, and vice versa. The researchers

also pointed out how middle-aged and older people are less likely to have had the vaccine, which came out in the 1960s, and are most at risk from

the coronavirus."

https://www.sciencet...mmr-vaccine.htm

Edited by lancebr, 16 May 2020 - 05:30 AM.

• WellResearched x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1599 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:57 PM

They said that the antibodies the patients developed during the course of their illness with COVID-19 matched up with rubella antibodies, proves

that their theory could work either way; a previous infection from the coronavirus could protect people from rubella, and vice versa. 

Irony upon irony. Mass rubella immunizations have been postponed for fear that gathering people for the shots would spread COVID-19. The WHO has expressed fear that there will be a resurgence of rubella because of this. As it turns out, the rubella shot may have prevented the COVID and there may not be a resurgence of rubella because people got COVID instead.

#1600 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

Irony upon irony. Mass rubella immunizations have been postponed for fear that gathering people for the shots would spread COVID-19. The WHO has expressed fear that there will be a resurgence of rubella because of this. As it turns out, the rubella shot may have prevented the COVID and there may not be a resurgence of rubella because people got COVID instead.

I have been thinking about getting the MMR vaccine again since the last time I got it was as a child and

they say the Rubella part of it only last about 20 years.  The measles part is suppose to last a lifetime.

Just a little worried about going to a medical place to get it and not knowing if that is taking a bigger

risk of being around people that could expose to the Covid

#1601 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:00 AM

I have been thinking about getting the MMR vaccine

why bother with a vaccine, according to Sweden we're at 20% immunity and the fatality rate is under 0.1% :-D

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1602 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:25 AM

Hopefully this thread isnt shut down, interesting article on Mercola

"Two Michigan doctors have been ordered to cease discussion about, or use of, natural health treatments for COVID-19 involving vitamins. Dr. David Brownstein had been blogging on various vitamin-based treatment protocols for the virus when the Federal Trade Commission notified him that he can’t blog, post, tweet or even send emails on the topic."

• like x 1

#1603 Florin

• 841 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:47 AM

Just a little worried about going to a medical place to get it and not knowing if that is taking a bigger

risk of being around people that could expose to the Covid

Why don't you just wear a DIY N95 mask?

#1604 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 03:11 AM

Interesting fact about the Kawasaki disease happening in children and the MMR vaccine.

"Doctors in the U.K. are warning that the coronavirus could be linked to Kawasaki disease, a rare but

serious illness in children. Dr. Dyan Hes, a pediatrician in New York City, was "not surprised" to hear about

the possible link. Normally, "it's not fatal, it's very treatable. You can get it [Kawasaki disease] after flu.

You can get it after multiple viral infections.She added that Kawasaki could pop up "weeks to months later"

after experiencing some kind of viral infection or "multiple viral infections." 

"Experts in Italy and Britain are looking into the possible link after doctors in hard-hit northern Italy reported

"extraordinarily large numbers" of children under age 9 with severe cases of what looks to be Kawasaki"

https://www.cbsnews....-rare-children/

Then there is this about Kawasaki disease and the MMR vaccine:

"A tremendous amount of data points to the conclusion that the rubella component of MMR vaccines is what

protects most children from COVID-19. Unfortunately, if a child has a genetic predisposition to Kawasaki disease

they may not be protected from COVID-19 because Kawasaki disease is known to diminish the responsiveness

of MMR vaccinations"

A 1999 study Kawasaki Disease: A Maturational Defect in Immune Responsiveness concluded "that an incomplete

responsiveness to measles-mumps-rubella vaccination was seen in patients with Kawasaki disease. It follows that to

the extent MMR vaccines are guarding children from COVID-19, those who have Kawasaki disease could be left

largely unprotected."

Edited by lancebr, 17 May 2020 - 03:14 AM.

• like x 1

#1605 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 03:56 AM

Hi all... infrequent poster here.  I came across this site which I thought very interesting.  

https://covidcandy.c...ectin-protocol/

It appears that doctors at Bangladesh Medical College are using Ivermectin and Doxycyline with good results:

"Ivermectin combined with an antibiotic, Doxycycline, was initially applied on some intern doctors at BMC from

India’s Kashmir, who were diagnosed with the COVID-19 illness. We applied a single dose on five of them and

they all recovered in three days. They later tested negative for the virus,” said Prof Tarek Alam, a doctor of

internal medicine and respiratory diseases, who leads the clinical trial programme at BMC."

https://bdnews24.com...19-some-say-yes

• like x 2

#1606 biggyrat

• 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:22 AM

Saw something about that too.  I hope US will allow it to be used. 

• like x 1

#1607 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:34 PM

Seheult strikes again.  Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin.  He’s my favorite find in the COVID-19 literature.  Mainstream MD with biochemistry chops, explains well, and is also open to new ideas.  Here he reviews https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.02.20080036v1.full.pdf the same study that was reported in this thread at post #1574 by Florin.

Boiling with rage.  Seheult's video was removed by YouTube for violating its community guidelines,   Try the link and you'll see.  All he did was to review a preprint academic publication from NYU School of Medicine, walking through it point by point, findings, unsupportive of hypothesis, supportive of hypothesis, no hype, no distortion, no exaggeration, recommendation to seek further evidence.  Its main finding was, "Zinc sulfate added to hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin may improve outcomes among hospitalized patients." This implies that any mention of the NYU article anywhere should also be censored,  

Just imagine, someone of Seheult's caliber being censored by some self-righteous student intern in Palo Alto.  I suspect this also means that agents for competing treatments are combing the internet for Youtube "violations" with information contrary to their client's interests and reporting them to Youtube.  No evidence, but it's also reasonable to hypothesize that Alphabet is paid for censorship services.  

Hope the Attorneys General antitrust action takes them down. 

Thoughts?

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1608 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Boiling with rage.  Seheult's video was removed by YouTube for violating its community guidelines,   Try the link and you'll see.  All he did was to review a preprint academic publication from NYU School of Medicine, walking through it point by point, findings, unsupportive of hypothesis, supportive of hypothesis, no hype, no distortion, no exaggeration, recommendation to seek further evidence.  Its main finding was, "Zinc sulfate added to hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin may improve outcomes among hospitalized patients." This implies that any mention of the NYU article anywhere should also be censored,  

Just imagine, someone of Seheult's caliber being censored by some self-righteous student intern in Palo Alto.  I suspect this also means that agents for competing treatments are combing the internet for Youtube "violations" with information contrary to their client's interests and reporting them to Youtube.  No evidence, but it's also reasonable to hypothesize that Alphabet is paid for censorship services.  

Hope the Attorneys General antitrust action takes them down. 

Thoughts?

In the video that was censored by YouTube, Dr. Seheult said that some videos might get removed “by accident” because YouTube is using an algorithm that flags key words—as if if no human decisions were involved (yeah, right). He pointed out that all of his videos remain available at Medcram.com. That involves a free sign-up and then to see his videos, you have to enroll in the Covid-19 update course, also a free sign-up. We should not have to go through this to get around the blatant censorship aimed at preventing the free flow of information, but here we are. In this case, it is worth the trouble. Dr. Seheult’s videos are great.

• Agree x 1

#1609 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:36 PM

Boiling with rage.  Seheult's video was removed by YouTube for violating its community guidelines,   Try the link and you'll see.  All he did was to review a preprint academic publication from NYU School of Medicine, walking through it point by point, findings, unsupportive of hypothesis,

No doubt there are many questionable videos on youtube, but I much rather see them flag it with a warning then take it down unless there is some kind of copyright infringement.

This combined with the Mercola article I linked, it seems the CDC/FDA has everyone on board with the no supplement bandwagon.  With states re-opening, a simple multivitamin along with a blurb about sugar control would go a long way, CDC is way out of line in my opinion. Just check out WebMD and the Mayo clinic for CoVid information, they both swallowed the blue pill.  Just wash your hands and hope the best... 

#1610 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:33 AM

In the video that was censored by YouTube, Dr. Seheult said that some videos might get removed “by accident” because YouTube is using an algorithm that flags key words—as if if no human decisions were involved (yeah, right). He pointed out that all of his videos remain available at Medcram.com. That involves a free sign-up and then to see his videos, you have to enroll in the Covid-19 update course, also a free sign-up. We should not have to go through this to get around the blatant censorship aimed at preventing the free flow of information, but here we are. In this case, it is worth the trouble. Dr. Seheult’s videos are great.

Can't find the videos!  Signed up and the Covid-19 update course starts with a 90 minute video.  If I skip ahead it just goes to the CME credit course finish.  

I'm old, & now befuddled?  Help!  

#1611 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:32 PM

Can't find the videos!  Signed up and the Covid-19 update course starts with a 90 minute video.  If I skip ahead it just goes to the CME credit course finish.  

I'm old, & now befuddled?  Help!  

At first I could not find the videos. Now that I have signed in and watched a few, I can’t reproduce what it was like to find them the first time. I enrolled in “Coronavirus Pandemic Updates Explained Clearly”. I access it from “My Courses”. I get a split window with a panel of “Course Contents”. The individual videos are listed there, scroll down for the newest.

I think I am older than you are, but only slightly less befuddled on this point.

• Cheerful x 1

#1612 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:34 PM

OK, found them.  I enrolled in the wrong course.  “Coronavirus Pandemic Updates Explained Clearly” is where the videos are stashed.  

Many thanks!  

• Cheerful x 1

#1613 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

So lets say a parent gets sick and heads to the hospital.

What would you take with you?  Mutlivitamin, zinc+quercetin, glutathione, astaxanthin, and some nattokinase?

I still havent seen anyone recommend insulin, if person had high sugar, seems like something you would want to request.

Edit

Kind of a follow up to previous post

Edited by Gal220, 18 May 2020 - 08:51 PM.

#1614 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:48 PM

So lets say a parent gets sick and heads to the hospital.

What would you take with you?  Mutlivitamin, zinc+quercetin, glutathione, astaxanthin, and some nattokinase?

I still havent seen anyone recommend insulin, if person had high sugar, seems like something you would want to request.

I'm betting on NAC + Vitamin-C over glutathione.  I believe it was Chris Masterjohn who said oral glutathione should get disrupted (cut up) by gastric enzymes.  The body may be able to put it back together, so potentially some help, but not known for sure.  NAC provides the building blocks needed for your body to build its own glutathione & Vitamin-C is supposed to renew oxidized glutathione, so a good combination.  Doc from MedCram says NAC also has clot busting properties, so another plus.  

I hope to heck the docs in hospital would put me on an anticlotting agent, but I'll pre-treat with Vitamin-E and bromelain & possibly Aleve/naproxen.  Microthrombus/clots in the lungs are supposed to start very early in the disease process.  Once O2 sat starts falling, they are already there.  

• Informative x 1

#1615 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

I'm betting on NAC + Vitamin-C over glutathione.  I believe it was Chris Masterjohn who said oral glutathione should get disrupted (cut up) by gastric enzymes. Once O2 sat starts falling, they are already there.  

Chris is a believer in oral glutathione, his article is the one I linked. I think adding NAC would be a good idea, they did both in the article.  He is somewhat of a NAC doubter though.

O2 sensor is definitely something to keep handy, 40ish dollars on Amazon.

#1616 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:10 PM

Looks like they might have a viable and safe vaccine:

https://www.nbcnews....larger-n1209161

#1617 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

This is interesting about the use of Invermectin and Doxycyline:

I didn't know this about Doxcycyline and zinc:

"Given previous research, it is believed that tetracyclines could prove to be effective in the treatment of COVID-19.

From what we know of coronaviruses, they tend to rely heavily on host matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) for infiltrating

into the host cells, replication and survival. Zinc is usually a part of the host MMPs. Tetracyclines like doxycycline are

highly lipophilic (lipid-loving) antibiotics that are known to bind with zinc compounds on MMPs. Matrix metalloproteinases

are a family of enzymes that, during an inflammatory response, break down the basement membrane around the blood

vessel walls to allow white blood cells to enter."

https://www.firstpos...nt-8380171.html

They said they will be writing up a paper to be published so hopefully it will go into more details about what dosages they used.

They did say that the invirmectin was a one time dose but they were not specific as to what the dosage was.

Edited by lancebr, 18 May 2020 - 10:17 PM.

#1618 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 05:37 AM

Finally, some cheerful news:

https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.12444

Possibility of Disinfection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) in Human Respiratory Tract by Controlled Ethanol Vapor Inhalation

The author suggests that it may be possible to use alcoholic beverages of 16~20 v/v% concentration for this disinfection process, such as Whisky (1:1 hot water dilution) or Japanese Sake, because they are readily available and safe (non-toxic). By inhaling the alcohol vapor at 50~60∘C (122~140∘F) through the nose for one or two minutes, it will condense on surfaces inside the respiratory tract; mainly in the nasal cavity. The alcohol concentration will be intensified to ~36 v/v% by this process, which is enough to disinfect the corona virus on the mucous membrane. This method also provides more moisture into respiratory tract, and helps to clean the inside of the nasal cavity by stimulating blowing of the nose, and also makes the mucous escalator work actively so that the self-clearing mechanism in the trachea will remove viruses faster. An alternative prompt method is also discussed. We use 40 v/v% whisky or similar alcohol, dripping on a gauze, inhale the vapor slowly at room temperature. This method works well for the front part of the nasal cavity.

This is pure speculation by a mischievous? Japanese physics professor,  https://groups.oist....sumoru-shintake

I'm not recommending it.  

• Cheerful x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#1619 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:45 PM

Finally, some cheerful news:

https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.12444

Possibility of Disinfection of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) in Human Respiratory Tract by Controlled Ethanol Vapor Inhalation

This is pure speculation by a mischievous? Japanese physics professor,  https://groups.oist....sumoru-shintake

I'm not recommending it.  

Would probably give you a pretty good buzz after a while. At least you might not care so much.

#1620 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Some info on insulin/diabetes/high sugar

What is normal blood sugar?- Link

"the most effective anti-aging therapy—caloric restriction—lowers fasting glucose levels to the 70-85 mg/dL range."

Insulin gives an extra boost to the immune system - Link

"TGHRI scientists have identified a specific insulin signaling pathway that, when activated, revs up the response of T cells in the immune system to divide rapidly and secrete cytokines, chemical messenger proteins that activate the rest of the immune system. A fast and effective immune response protects us against disease and life-threatening infections by destroying infected cells or microbes"

Extra insulin supplies, medications advised for people with diabetes in wake of COVID-19 - Link

“I’ve been making the same recommendations with this virus as I would with someone who had the flu, which is realize that any carbohydrate you eat may have two to three times the impact that you are used to it having, and that you may have a lot more insulin resistance than you are used to having. Additionally, your risk for hypoglycemia increases due to the higher doses of insulin needed. Things that were once predictable may become unpredictable in terms of the effect things will have on blood glucose.”

Baker said a person with diabetes who has flu-like symptoms should lower carbohydrate intake, stay well-hydrated and monitor blood glucose more than usual."

Immune support - link

"Avoid simple sugars and processed/junk food. Your blood reveals lab evidence of impaired immune function within 30 minutes of eating simple sugars (glucose, refined sugar, and fructose). Sugar has been shown to cause up to a 50% reduction in your white blood cells’ ability to kill germs. This effect is most noticeable 2 hours after ingestion, but may still present 5 hours after consumption of sugar.. "  

Edited by Gal220, 19 May 2020 - 06:24 PM.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)