Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#1711 albedo

• 2,070 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:39 PM

"... I really hope The Lancet will come up soon with something...

RETRACTED: Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis

https://www.thelance...icleInformation

• Informative x 1

#1712 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

I am trying to buy some b12, should I try the Hydroxocobalamin from AOR since I heard you dont have to take that every day since its the best version

https://www.iherb.co...-Lozenges/52244

My experience with integrated MDs over the last 23 years is that they usually prefer methyl.   For instance, Dr. McEwen of EDP/LDA fame in the UK who first treated me, and I also have consulted with Dr. Neubrander, famed for reversal of autism in some instances by using methyl-b12 and other treatments.  https://www.drneubrander.com/

If you google for evidence quickly, what you find is integrated and MD webpages with conflicting recommendations but tending towards methyl.

https://regevelya.co...amin-b12-forms/

https://www.b12-vita...ethylcobalamin/

https://wearefeel.co...methylcobalamin

Methyl seems to be best for nerve issues.  Cyanocobalamin does nothing for me - nothing.  Methyl brings me to life. This is only my experience, I haven't searched journals, and I don't want to push methyl with an air of authority.  

'

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1713 FSL

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

I was checking on Famotidine and saw this:

Famotidine, Histamine, and the Coronavirus

https://blogs.scienc...the-coronavirus

The paper it referenced was this, from the angle of Histamine and Mast Cells:

COVID-19: Famotidine, Histamine, Mast Cells, and Mechanisms

https://www.research...cle/rs-30934/v1

We propose an alternative paradigm; SARS-CoV-2 infection-induced mast cell activation could account for some of the core pathologic cascade and much of the unusual symptomatology associated with COVID-19. Many of the unique clinical symptoms observed during the early phase of COVID-19 are consistent with known effects of histamine release.  Histamine may act as an autocrine regulator of mast cell cytokine and TNF-a release in a PGE2-dependent fashion, and based on in vitro studies the autocrine feedback appears to be mediated by H2 and H3 88. This model is consistent with the histopathologic findings seen at surgery, autopsies, and is supported by clinical pharmacologic findings suggesting potential benefits of histamine H2 receptor blockade using famotidine.  This model is also supported by the significant overlap in the clinical signs and symptoms of the initial phase of COVID-19 disease and those of mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS) 89-92 as well similarities to Dengue hemorrhagic fever and shock syndrome (including T cell depletion) during the later phase of COVID-19 84,93,94. The cardiac events, stroke, and related outcomes associated with COVID-19 also appear consistent with the Kounis syndrome 95-97.

If COVID-19 is partially driven by dysfunctional mast cell degranulation, then a variety of medical interventions employing marketed drugs useful for treating mast cell-related disorders may help to reduce death and disease associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection. Examples include drugs with mast cell stabilizing activity, other histamine antagonists (for example H1 and H4 types), leukotriene antagonists and leukotriene receptor antagonists 98, anti-inflammatory agents such as those developed for inflammatory bowel diseases, and mast cell activation inhibitors 99. If such repurposed drugs are used in combination with pharmaceuticals that directly inhibit SARS-CoV-2 infection or replication, it may be possible to rapidly develop potent, safe and effective outpatient treatments for preventing or treating COVID-19 until such time as a safe and effective SARS-CoV-2 vaccine becomes available.

If I check on supplements for Mast Cell stabilization, the usual suspects come out (e.g. Quercetin, EGCG, Vitamin C etc.):

https://hoffmancentr...tments-for-mcas

That said, there is also the following article that couldn't find supporting evidence yet:

Mast cell stabilisers, leukotriene antagonists and antihistamines: A rapid review of the evidence for their use in COVID-19

https://www.cebm.net...ss-in-covid-19/

• Severe pneumonia induced by human coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2 is associated with raised pro-inflammatory cytokine responses, which result in acute pulmonary injury, severe acute respiratory syndrome and possible chronic pulmonary fibrosis. Mast cells are the main source of these pro-inflammatory cytokines and bronchoconstrictor mediators.
  • At the time of writing, there was limited evidence supporting the use of antihistamines for short-term symptomatic relief of the common cold and none for the use of mast cell stabilisers, leukotriene antagonists or antihistamines in COVID-19.
  • Clinical trials would be required to elucidate whether these drugs may be repurposed for the treatment of this disease. We suggest that it might be more appropriate to channel resources into pursuing alternative therapeutics that have a stronger evidence base for use in COVID-19 over those that are linked to mast cell stabilisation, cytokine modification or histamine release

Edited by FSL, 05 June 2020 - 09:46 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1714 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:41 PM

CoVid-19 autopsies put endothelal damage, angiogenesis in the spotlight - article

"Compared with the patients who died secondary to influenza A, the COVID-19 patients had nine times the prevalence of capillary microthrombi (P < 0.001) and their amount of angiogenesis in the lungs was 2.7 times higher (P < 0.001). Ackermann and colleagues theorize that the mechanism behind the growth in the lungs is likely intussusceptive angiogenesis, caused by either endothelial injury and thrombosis in the lungs and/or a chronic hypoxic state."

Interesting info about OSHA

"A major problem right now is the paucity of autopsy data, which stems both from health concerns for those who perform the autopsies and from government regulations. "

"Initially, OSHA came out with a guideline saying that autopsies should not be done on COVID patients, and then there was pushback [so] it was reversed to say basically ‘be careful'”

Not sure what the info means to others, I know caffeine restricts blood vessels.  Eat plenty of Nitric Oxide vegetables for maximum vessel expansion(Beets, Garlic, Kale, Spinache) .  Collagen/vitamin c for blood vessel repair.  Natto for clearing clots.

• Informative x 1

#1715 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:53 PM

New study from today June 3 again casts doubts on HCQ.

On HCQ+Z too but no Z dosage was given. See Table S8 in the Supplementary Appendix.

https://www.nejm.org...6/NEJMoa2016638

#1716 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

My experience with integrated MDs over the last 23 years is that they usually prefer methyl.   For instance, Dr. McEwen of EDP/LDA fame in the UK who first treated me, and I also have consulted with Dr. Neubrander, famed for reversal of autism in some instances by using methyl-b12 and other treatments.  https://www.drneubrander.com/

If you google for evidence quickly, what you find is integrated and MD webpages with conflicting recommendations but tending towards methyl.

https://regevelya.co...amin-b12-forms/

https://www.b12-vita...ethylcobalamin/

https://wearefeel.co...methylcobalamin

Methyl seems to be best for nerve issues.  Cyanocobalamin does nothing for me - nothing.  Methyl brings me to life. This is only my experience, I haven't searched journals, and I don't want to push methyl with an air of authority.  

'

Thanks for the info I just bought the Lift Extension Methyl b12 500 mcg ill just put it under my tongue until it dissolves right?

CoVid-19 autopsies put endothelal damage, angiogenesis in the spotlight - article

"Compared with the patients who died secondary to influenza A, the COVID-19 patients had nine times the prevalence of capillary microthrombi (P < 0.001) and their amount of angiogenesis in the lungs was 2.7 times higher (P < 0.001). Ackermann and colleagues theorize that the mechanism behind the growth in the lungs is likely intussusceptive angiogenesis, caused by either endothelial injury and thrombosis in the lungs and/or a chronic hypoxic state."

Interesting info about OSHA

"A major problem right now is the paucity of autopsy data, which stems both from health concerns for those who perform the autopsies and from government regulations. "

"Initially, OSHA came out with a guideline saying that autopsies should not be done on COVID patients, and then there was pushback [so] it was reversed to say basically ‘be careful'”

Not sure what the info means to others, I know caffeine restricts blood vessels.  Eat plenty of Nitric Oxide vegetables for maximum vessel expansion(Beets, Garlic, Kale, Spinache) .  Collagen/vitamin c for blood vessel repair.  Natto for clearing clots.

Is this blood issue permanent? This is scary man, we know so little about the virus.

#1717 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:34 AM

Between the two of Serrapeptase or Nattokinase which one is better to use for Covid?

#1718 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:39 AM

Is this blood issue permanent? This is scary man, we know so little about the virus.

No, but no telling what the long term side effects will be (kidney injury for ex), ideally you dont let it get to this point.  

-Low sugar/bread-pasta diet

-Exercise 30 minutes or 15 minutes of HIIT training(alternate slow 30, fast 30 sec)

-Multivitamin(make sure it has k2 and selenium) + magnesium/calcium + omegas + digestive enzymes + collagen + probiotics. 

-If you are taking quercetin 2x daily, thats a good time to take extra vitamin C, especially solrays time release.

Dr.Axe(not my favorite, hate the keto diet) recommends doubling collagen for the first month if a senior to get your collagen stores built up.  I dont know about storing collagen, but should get your blood vessels in better shape.

Baylor recommending tests for undetected clots now - Link

"This recommendation comes after they found that more than half of the patients tested under these same conditions developed clinically significant blood clots that went undetected using routine screenings"

#1719 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:47 AM

Between the two of Serrapeptase or Nattokinase which one is better to use for Covid?

From Mercola

"It is important to note that lumbrokinase is about 300 times stronger than serrapeptase, and nearly 30 times stronger than nattokinase.38,39,40 It is my strong personal preference and recommendation if you are using a fibrinolytic enzyme."

All are available over the counter.  Arthur Andrew Medicals Natto has good dosing info on it.

#1720 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:32 AM

No, but no telling what the long term side effects will be (kidney injury for ex), ideally you dont let it get to this point.  

-Low sugar/bread-pasta diet

-Exercise 30 minutes or 15 minutes of HIIT training(alternate slow 30, fast 30 sec)

-Multivitamin(make sure it has k2 and selenium) + magnesium/calcium + omegas + digestive enzymes + collagen + probiotics. 

-If you are taking quercetin 2x daily, thats a good time to take extra vitamin C, especially solrays time release.

Dr.Axe(not my favorite, hate the keto diet) recommends doubling collagen for the first month if a senior to get your collagen stores built up.  I dont know about storing collagen, but should get your blood vessels in better shape.

Baylor recommending tests for undetected clots now - Link

"This recommendation comes after they found that more than half of the patients tested under these same conditions developed clinically significant blood clots that went undetected using routine screenings"

Im taking EMIQ quercitin, I just have this Vitamin C is it any good?

26.jpg

I also have this Multivitamin but haven't taken it yet is it good? my friend said its pretty strong and I should just take one pill instead of two

0.jpg

#1721 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:13 AM

Both are excellent.  I would definitely take 2 of the Thorne multi, just at different meals, preferably with a little fat. - link1 , link2

• like x 1

#1722 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

Both are excellent.  I would definitely take 2 of the Thorne multi, just at different meals, preferably with a little fat. - link1 , link2

My friend has the Thorne 2 a day and he said it was very strong and said just take one a day, someone else said in the reviews on the vitamin that they take one for breakfast and then the other one at Dinner time.

I take Nordice Natural fishoils I take two for breakfast and two for dinner.

#1723 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:49 AM

Some Vitamin D resources(Unfortunate the vitamin D council page went down, they had some good resources with regards to cofactors) - Link1Link2

Conversion factor is 2.5 to get from ng/ml to nmol/L - Link

- Vitamin D Society - page argues for getting above >50

-GrassrootsHealth

GrassRoots researchers dont all agree, but their consensus is >40 , probably based on cancer studies - Link

Interesting they are also big into Omegas - Link

I wonder what the explanation for this is?

"Although light-skinned individuals need 1000 IU/day of vitamin D, elderly and dark-skinned individuals are likely to need approximately 2000 IU/day to maintain serum 25(OH)D levels greater than 30 ng/mL."  -  Is there some built in assumption of sun exposure here?  I really need to get mine tested.

Came across this while checking out vitamin D, maybe one of the reasons the CDC is reluctant to recommend a mutlivitamin - Link

"CDC researchers collected data from a network of 63 emergency departments (ED) to learn how often supplements result in an ER visit. The CDC investigators estimate that 23,000 ED visits and 2,100 hospitalizations annually are due to the use of dietary supplements."

Edited by Gal220, 08 June 2020 - 04:57 AM.

#1724 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:12 PM

Mercola chastising CNN for spreading lies about Vitamin D as toxic, instead it is a nutritional imbalance of K2.

However every site I have visited is guilty of exactly what CNN is warning about including Mercola, they have several pages about increasing vitamin D on their website, but many make no mention of K2, magnesium, and calcium.

If vitamin companies were more honest, they wouldnt sell 5k doses of vitamin D without K2 or at least a warning to get K2 from another source.

• Disagree x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • dislike x 1

#1725 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:05 PM

iirc vitamin K is plentiful in leafy greens, so no issue there.  And vitamin D can be got through sun, a multivitamin, certain fish, UV-exposed mushrooms, and fortified dairy sources so no need to go overboard there either

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1726 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:43 PM

iirc vitamin K is plentiful in leafy greens, so no issue there.  And vitamin D can be got through sun, a multivitamin, certain fish, UV-exposed mushrooms, and fortified dairy sources so no need to go overboard there either

Vitamin K does not equal vitamin K2 , see earlier post , no telling how many heart attacks would have been prevented if calcium wasnt deposited in your arteries. 

If you believe the vitamin D sites above, it is doubtful you can get 40 or 50 ng/mL without some supplementation.

• Ill informed x 4
  • Good Point x 3

#1727 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

Vitamin K does not equal vitamin K2 , see earlier post , no telling how many heart attacks would have been prevented if calcium wasnt deposited in your arteries. 

If you believe the vitamin D sites above, it is doubtful you can get 40 or 50 ng/mL without some supplementation.

interesting, but I thought plant-based vitamin K was broadly similar.  Are you talking specifically about the MK-4 or the MK-7 subtype of K2?

What level of D3 is needed to reach benefit?  afaik, it's just a deficiency that causes risk and modest consumption should be fine.

• Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#1728 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:36 AM

Famotidine use and quantitative symptom tracking for COVID-19 in non-hospitalised patients: a case series

Results Ten consecutive patients with COVID-19 who self-administered high-dose oral famotidine were identified.
The most frequently used famotidine regimen was 80 mg three times daily (n=6) for a median of 11 days (range: 5–21 days).
Famotidine was well tolerated. All patients reported marked improvements of disease related symptoms after starting famotidine.
The combined symptom score improved significantly within 24 hours of starting famotidine and peripheral oxygen saturation (n=2)
and device recorded activity (n=1) increased.

Conclusions The results of this case series suggest that high-dose oral famotidine is well tolerated and associated with improved
patient-reported outcomes in non-hospitalised patients with COVID-19.

Edited by lancebr, 09 June 2020 - 03:37 AM.

• WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#1729 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:42 AM

Masterjohn is saying that Lactoferrin is good as long as it is the type that has iron in it.

"Since most commercial products are apolactoferrin and none that I can find produce testing

showing the lactoferrin is intact, it seems unreliable to use them to lower IL-6.....Commercial

products marked as “apolactoferrin” might not be effective."

He says you can also use a good quality whey protein.

"The second best way is to take one or two scoops of a high-quality whey protein, or, if you find a company

that tests and reports the lactoferrin content, whatever amount of whey protein provides 200 mg lactoferrin."

I was recommending taking whey protein months ago when all this started because of all the immune building

benefits it has....he is way behind on the times.

Edited by lancebr, 09 June 2020 - 04:06 AM.

#1730 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:03 AM

"The second best way is to take one or two scoops of a high-quality whey protein, or, if you find a company

that tests and reports the lactoferrin content, whatever amount of whey protein provides 200 mg lactoferrin."

The better products will have the info, thehealthbeat.com recommends Promix , very similar to Naked Whey except it mixes much better - Link

Typical values of each of lactoferrin, immunoglobulin and serum albumin present in one serving of Promix unflavored whey concentrate are listed below:  - Link

• Lactoferrin: 0.125 grams - 0.3 grams
  • Immunoglobulin: 1.75 grams - 2.25 grams
  • Serum albumin: 0.75 grams - 1.25 grams 

Edited by Gal220, 09 June 2020 - 04:04 AM.

#1731 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

Good news that Vitamin K1 in plants should also help with the blood clotting issues :)

The original Guardian article makes no necessary distinction between mechanisms of action,

Vitamin K, which is ingested through food and absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, is key to the production of proteins that regulate clotting and can protect against lung disease.

And you can see this review show roughly equal activity on vitamin K1 vs. K2 on bone health, blood clotting, and more.  It seems both forms of vitamin K would work about the same, Thank you!

• Ill informed x 3
  • Informative x 3
  • Disagree x 1

#1732 lancebr

• 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:07 AM

Use of Ivermectin is Associated with Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients with COVID19

Conclusions and Relevance: Ivermectin was associated with lower mortality during treatment of COVID-19,

especially in patients who required higher inspired oxygen or ventilatory support.

https://www.medrxiv....6.06.20124461v1

Edited by lancebr, 10 June 2020 - 06:08 AM.

• Informative x 1

#1733 Corri

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:09 AM

As we all know, somewhere along the way, humans lost the ability to make vitamin C endogenously. Why? Evolution doesn't normally "forget" capabilities that predecessor organisms previously had, particularly when they are crucial to the organism's viability. 

Adult humans no longer have to ability to make vitamin C endogenously, but fetal humans still do. In 2013 it was reported that human fetuses maintain a blood level of vitamin C that is higher than that of their mothers. So this gene mutation must occur just prior to or after birth.

Humans actually have all genes required to produce vitamin C. Adult humans do not produce vitamin C because of a premature stop codon which only produces an incomplete gulonolactone oxidase enzyme. In fetal humans, the stop codon in the gulonolactone oxidase (GULO) gene is read through so that they have a fully formed gulonolactone oxidase enzyme which converts sugar to vitamin C.

A small human study found that a polyphenol derived from olives can read through the mutated GULO gene to produce the fully formed enzyme once again. Blood levels of vitamin C doubled from 23 to 47 micromole/blood sample.

This olive derived polyphenol is in the formula216 supplement, and raises vitamin C levels in the blood for at least 12 hours after ingestion.

People with a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) enzyme deficiency should check with their physician before taking this supplement. A G6PD deficiency combined with very high doses of vitamin C can cause adverse symptoms. For everyone else, the supplement looks safe, but the supplement is new and there is little data on it.

I hope that many people try this supplement and report on it. If it turns out to be generally safe, it would be a giant leap forward in medicine.

• Informative x 2

#1734 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

A G6PD deficiency combined with very high doses of vitamin C

Lol or you could just get a normal-high amount from a mostly plant-based diet and not worry about mega-dosing.  Has always worked better for me than slamming pills out of some extra-strength vitamin bottle like a neurotic Nate thinking he gotta mega-dose vitamin K2 on no grounds whatsoever :happy:

The ability to produce vitamin C likely became a vestige long before humans, and has more to do with chance than diet.

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) plays important roles as an anti-oxidant and in collagen synthesis. These important roles, and the relatively large amounts of vitamin C required daily, likely explain why most vertebrate species are able to synthesize this compound. Surprisingly, many species, such as teleost fishes, anthropoid primates, guinea pigs, as well as some bat and Passeriformes bird species, have lost the capacity to synthesize it. Here, we review the genetic bases behind the repeated losses in the ability to synthesize vitamin C as well as their implications. In all cases so far studied, the inability to synthesize vitamin C is due to mutations in the L-gulono-γ-lactone oxidase (GLO) gene which codes for the enzyme responsible for catalyzing the last step of vitamin C biosynthesis. The bias for mutations in this particular gene is likely due to the fact that losing it only affects vitamin C production. Whereas the GLO gene mutations in fish, anthropoid primates and guinea pigs are irreversible, some of the GLO pseudogenes found in bat species have been shown to be reactivated during evolution. The same phenomenon is thought to have occurred in some Passeriformes bird species. Interestingly, these GLO gene losses and reactivations are unrelated to the diet of the species involved. This suggests that losing the ability to make vitamin C is a neutral trait.

Edited by gamesguru, 10 June 2020 - 01:23 PM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Unfriendly x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#1735 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Adult humans no longer have to ability to make vitamin C endogenously, but fetal humans still do. In 2013 it was reported that human fetuses maintain a blood level of vitamin C that is higher than that of their mothers. So this gene mutation must occur just prior to or after birth.

Humans actually have all genes required to produce vitamin C. Adult humans do not produce vitamin C because of a premature stop codon which only produces an incomplete gulonolactone oxidase enzyme. In fetal humans, the stop codon in the gulonolactone oxidase (GULO) gene is read through so that they have a fully formed gulonolactone oxidase enzyme which converts sugar to vitamin C.

A small human study found that a polyphenol derived from olives can read through the mutated GULO gene to produce the fully formed enzyme once again. Blood levels of vitamin C doubled from 23 to 47 micromole/blood sample.

This olive derived polyphenol is in the formula216 supplement, and raises vitamin C levels in the blood for at least 12 hours after ingestion.

People with a glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) enzyme deficiency should check with their physician before taking this supplement. A G6PD deficiency combined with very high doses of vitamin C can cause adverse symptoms. For everyone else, the supplement looks safe, but the supplement is new and there is little data on it.

I hope that many people try this supplement and report on it. If it turns out to be generally safe, it would be a giant leap forward in medicine.

The explanation given in the link is BS. It conflates transcription and translation. An agent that causes read-through of a stop codon would act on ribosomes in the cytoplasm, not in the nucleus as stated in the link.

It doesn’t seem likely that a compound that causes ribosomes to read through a stop codon would effect translation of only one mRNA. Who knows what other proteins would have previously untranslated amino acids appended to their C termini.

#1736 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:53 PM

The explanation given in the link is BS. It conflates transcription and translation. An agent that causes read-through of a stop codon would act on ribosomes in the cytoplasm, not in the nucleus as stated in the link.

But it sounds really neat - link  , still I will let some one else be the test subject. 

More on blood pressure

Kind of pricey, but these people look like they have the best Pauling Therapy for high blood pressure - Link   Just review the caveats first - Link

See Sinatra for more conventional methods for lowering blood pressure like K2 , dark chocolate ,  hawthorne , natto , bad diet/lifestyle , overview

Edited by Gal220, 10 June 2020 - 04:54 PM.

#1737 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

But it sounds really neat -

Bill Sardi's formula216 is complete idiotic and just an other money-making scam:

Serving Size 1 capsule Servings per container: 30
750 mcg RAE Vitamin A (as Retinyl palmitate)
275 mg Vitamin C (as Ascorbic acid and Ascorbyl palmitate)
30 mcg Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)
5 mg Zinc (as Zinc carnosine chelate)
288 mg Propietary Herbal Blend: Citrus Bioflavonoids complex 10%, Olive leaf extract, Trans resveratrol 98% (from Japaneses Knotweed rood)
1 mg Benfotiamine
25 mg Calcium Magnesium Phytate
40 mg Beta-cyclodextrin

I take already much more of all those ingredient individually (except beta-cyclodextrin), which didn't replace the beneficial effects of in average 24 g/d of ascorbic acid to my health during the last 11 year at all.

My response at the vitamin C foundation: https://vitamincfoun...=26938&sr=posts

Also Dr. Levy's response a page later in that thread.

Edited by pamojja, 10 June 2020 - 06:14 PM.

• Informative x 1

#1738 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:03 PM

Bill Sardi's formula216 is complete idiotic and just an other money-making scam:

The write-up at the Riordan Clinic is deceptive:

The olive extract was assembled into a dietary supplement with co-factors (zinc, vitamins A & D, and bioflavonoids) that activate white blood cells. This formulation of nutrients has been branded under the trade name FORMULA-216.”

Hmm… they left out the ascorbate.

Update: The Formula-216 is a subcomponent as described above, which is then formulated along with vits A,C,D, and zinc to make a product sold as "Formula 216". So you can't buy it in a form that does not contain ascorbate. And there is no evidence that it does anything to ascorbate levels unless it is given with ascorbate. 

Edited by DanCG, 10 June 2020 - 07:16 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#1739 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:43 PM

And there is no evidence that it does anything to ascorbate levels unless it is given with ascorbate. 

Human trial of one !  Either way, vit C is really cheap and solray has an extended release capsule which mimics the vitamin C in animals + some collagen and you are good to go.

Even if the product is completely legit, who knows what the long term side effects might be, let someone else test it.

• Informative x 1

#1740 Gal220

• 1,049 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

I was recommending taking whey protein months ago when all this started because of all the immune building

benefits it has....he is way behind on the times.

Chris hasnt come out in support of quercetin either, although there are many things he does recommend.

I cant blame him too much though, if you read all the wellness sites, or even just this thread, it would be quite a list of items to take(I think a previous poster said all the pills in this thread would make him superman or dead).

Personally I would only add Quercetin and Natto to a normal vitamin regimen and focus on low sugar/bread-pasta diet, exercise, and getting blood pressure down.(I do use things like Promix after an hour of weight lifting, not covid related)

What are the essentials you have come up with?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users