• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Reversing ketamine tolerance with sarcosine?

ketmaine sarcosine nmda d-serine depression

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s1ck

• 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:46 PM

Ketamine has a wide range of uses from treating pain, anxiety, depression, and even just recreational use, who doesn't love a cozy k hole? That been said, ketamine mediates a substantial amount of its activity though antagonism of the NMDA receptors. The NMDA system is deeply involved in the buildup of tolerance to a wide range of drugs, which may be why tolerance to ketamine is said to be next to impossible to reset? With many even reporting a state of permanent tolerance that never seems to subside after prolonged high dose usage. Sarcosine is known to increase NMDA receptor activation. It is pretty effective at treating negative symptoms(apathy, depression..etc)of schizophrenia that are postulated to result from NMDA hypofunction. Perhaps it's possible to use sarcosine to restore NMDA receptor sensitivity to ketamine so tolerance can remain low? Is this something anyone has experimented with?

I myself have experimented with using sarcosine to reduce ketamine tolerance with outstanding results. I have been using sarcosine for the past 2-3 months however noticed dramatically reduced ketamine tolerance early on, just 2 weeks into it. My dose of sarcosine was 500mg daily on an empty stomach before breakfast. I must note however my results are probably not the most indicative of my suspicion that sarcosine can be used to reduce ketamine tolerance as alot of evidence does point to me suffering from pre-existing NMDA hypofunction, so perhaps sarcosine in my case has just restored brain function back to base-line so i'm more able to reap the benefits of ketamine at lower doses.

• Good Point x 1

#2 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

the logic say if antagonizing NMDA give you antidepressant and hallucination effect, agonizing them will treat schizophrenia but will not reduce it's depression but rather then that she will increase it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 s1ck

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

the logic say if antagonizing NMDA give you antidepressant and hallucination effect, agonizing them will treat schizophrenia but will not reduce it's depression but rather then that she will increase it.

I don't believe that to be the case. There is still alot of mystery behind how ketamine interacts with the receptors in the brain to produce all its effects. Agonizing NMDA receptors is known to also produce antidepressant effects, in both schizophrenics and non-schizophrenic individuals. If memory serves right rapid antidepressant effects in both NMDA antagonists and agonists may be due to AMPA up-regulation and enhanced mTOR signalling.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ketmaine, sarcosine, nmda, d-serine, depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users