• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Alive by Nature releases Liposomal Sublingual Gel with NAD+/Fisetin/NMN/Resveratrol+Curcumin

lsg liposomal sublingual gel alive by nature

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

S O U R C E : Alive by Nature

GENTS, I AM NO MORE THAN A MESSENGER. Please take this just as news, no promotion intended at all. Thanks.

The research if very clear that the biggest obstacle to boosting NAD+ levels is bioavailabilty.  We took the first step in solving that problem with our NMN and NAD+ powders and sublingual tablets.

Now we’ve taken an even bigger step with our advanced nanoliposome hydrogel featuring Control Release Kinetics designed for sublingual delivery.

Attached File  Clipboard01.jpg   48.54KB   0 downloads

LSG™ – combining the power of Liposomes & Sublingual delivery in advanced Gel technology
LSG™ nanoparticles are 20-40 nanometers – smaller than wavelengths of visible light – to maximize biological efficiency and precision performance. Smaller lipsomes penetrate the epithelium more readily, and are not filtered out by the liver as larger liposomes are.

This sublingual delivery system features Control Release Kinetics™, using sustained release liposomes to protect nutrients before release into systemic circulation with improved efficacy.

Our nanoparticulate Gel technology is formulated to improve active compound permeability across the epithelium, provide optimal solubilization and maximize systemic release kinetics.

LIPOSOMES

Liposomes are vesicles comprised of phospholipid molecules – the same molecules that comprise cell membranes. Liposomal drug delivery systems have excellent biocompatibility, low toxicity and lack of immune system activation.

Phospholipid molecules consist of a hydrophilic phosphate head and two hydrophobic fatty acid tails. These features enable liposomes to be able to transport hydrophobic and hydrophilic compounds effectively. Due to low absorption and bioavailability rates of traditional oral dietary capsules, the encapsulation of hydrophilic and hydrophobic nutrients within liposomes allows the active ingredient to bypass the destructive elements of the gastric system.

Liposomes release drug molecules by membrane fusion. To release the protected molecules to a site of action, the lipid bilayer fuses with other bilayers such as the cell membrane, delivering the liposome contents directly into the cells and tissues intact.

Read more about the power of Liposomes

SUBLINGUAL

Wikipedia: “When a chemical comes in contact with the mucous membrane beneath the tongue, it is absorbed. Because the connective tissue beneath the epithelium contains a profusion of capillaries, the substance then diffuses into them and enters the venous circulation. In contrast, substances absorbed in the stomach and intestines are subject to first-pass metabolism in the liver before entering the general circulation and typically have very poor bioavailability.” 

The phospholipids in liposomes utilize the sublingual pathway to bring their payload directly into systemic circulation.

However, the quantity of liposomes delivered in liquid or spray is extremely limited and larger dosages are required, resulting in more of the product being swallowed.

The highly permeable sublingual entry site can be utilized for longer duration when administered in the form of our proprietary bioadhesive gel.

Read more about the power of Sublingual delivery.

GEL

With a 0.1-0.7 mm thick mucus layer, the oral cavity is an effective route of administration for mucoadhesive dosages.

Our mucoadhesive gel is designed to adhere to biological tissues, prolong residence time and maintain an optimal release rate. LSG™ is designed to assure prolonged retention time by dynamically increasing the viscosity of the gel after application.

Controlled Release Kinetics™ within the hydrogel technology provide further advanced bioavailability and efficacy.

Bioadhesive Hydrogel – Innovative Liposomal Suspension

Our LSG™ technology provides controlled-release performance with liposomes suspended in a natural bioadhesive gel. The loaded hydrogel increases contact time to improve performance over liquid products where production of saliva induces swallowing rather than sublingual absorption.

The mucoadhesive gel in our LSG products is designed to avoid rapid clearance of nutrient nanoparticles and maintain a long-term concentration gradient at the mucosal surface to ensure the unidirectional diffusion, and provides unsurpassed bioavailability with higher systemic delivery of nutrients to systemic circulation.

• like x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Informative x 1

#2 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

I was going to post as well but you beat me to it.

1. Why is it TM? Is it their own "technology"? No one else can create similar products?

2. Any third party review, study, verification, critic, etc?

3. 47x better than regular sublingual? 

4. How long is "prolonged" or sustained? If the sustained release is only releasing certain amount of compound/chemical/nutrient then isn't that underdosing? 

Sorry, newb.

• unsure x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 brian1965

• 44 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:22 PM

So how does one take this?  It's a "gel" and its liposomal ... so can it just be taken orally?  Mixed with a liquid or food?   Or does it need to go under the tongue?

Edited by brian1965, 11 February 2020 - 07:27 PM.

#4 Oakman

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:28 PM

Looks as if they are going all in on liposomal sublingual gels

https://alivebynatur...somal-products/

Most interesting, and (sorry Engadan, not NMN specific) also Fisetin, NAD+, Berberine, CBD and NR (how they can do dat?!)

#5 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:42 PM

Lots of claims there.  Would be nice to see some evidence to back them up.

#6 Engadin

• Topic Starter
  • 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:49 PM

BTW, if you scroll down the link you'll find some "Read More" links regarding these matters:

"Liposomal Curcumin & Resveratrol capsules 10-20x more bioavailable in circulation and prostate tissue vs standard capsules"

"Liposomal Berberine increases circulation time 23-46x"

"Liposomal Vitamin B-12 formulas 3-5x more bioavailable than tablet."

"Liposomal Fisetin 47x more bioavailable"

And guess what? All the links are "scihubbed" ones  :blink:  as far as I have checked them up. It's a bit 'surprising' - at least for me - to meet a company like AlivebyNature linking to SciHub news. Double good news for us in the end, should their promises of increased bioavailability show to be true and getting granted access to paywalled (whether you think paywall is fair or unfair) studies.

Edited by Engadin, 11 February 2020 - 07:52 PM.

• like x 2

#7 Oakman

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

Lots of claims there.  Would be nice to see some evidence to back them up.

In the OPs original link, there are links to studies.

#8 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:32 PM

Those studies are all for liposomal delivery vs standard capsules.  Not specific to their products.

But it does sound interesting.

I'm especially interested in the liposomal fisetin, as the senolytics seem to hold great promise.  If it is truly 47x more bioavailable than swallowing capsules as that research shows, we might have some real noticable effects.  But isn't that also a bit risky?

What does the sustained release mean?

Edited by able, 11 February 2020 - 08:32 PM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#9 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

I hope these are going to be shipped/released in the UK too.

• like x 1

#10 granth998

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

This is great news!  So you get the benefits of liposomal delivery in a gel that absorbs better sublingually.  Can't wait to try it! 

• Good Point x 2

#11 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:50 AM

1. Why is it TM? Is it their own "technology"? No one else can create similar products?

4. How long is "prolonged" or sustained? If the sustained release is only releasing certain amount of compound/chemical/nutrient then isn't that underdosing? 

Sorry, newb.

Good questions. I don't have the answers to any except the first. "TM" means they've registered a trademark on the product name LSG, not on any technology or process. This means noone can use the same name in the same classification of the types of goods.

Actually, I do not see LSG as a registered trademark when I search the global brand database. Maybe it's still being processed.

• like x 1

#12 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Sorry, newb.

The 47x better refers to sublingual Fisetin vs oral Fisetin, not NMN.

If it is actually 47x more bioavailable, it seems a bit risky to me.

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:01 AM

Edited by Phoebus, 15 February 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#14 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

I'm especially interested in the liposomal fisetin, as the senolytics seem to hold great promise.  If it is truly 47x more bioavailable than swallowing capsules as that research shows, we might have some real noticable effects.  But isn't that also a bit risky?

Hell yeah its risky! Human studies on fisetin are few and far between, no one knows what a 47X more bioavailalbe fisetien would do, if its beneficial or harmful. 

I hate that they put it in there. 

F it, I ordered the NAD+ lipo sublingual. We will see how it goes. 

Edited by Phoebus, 15 February 2020 - 01:20 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#15 granth998

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Hell yeah its risky! Human studies on fisetin are few and far between, no one knows what a 47X more bioavailalbe fisetien would do, if its beneficial or harmful. 

I hate that they put it in there. 

F it, I ordered the NAD+ lipo sublingual. We will see how it goes. 

I don't know how it would be anymore risky than regular Fisetin.  If it's more bioavailable, you would use less.  More cost effective.  Pretty simple.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#16 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:38 PM

I don't know how it would be anymore risky than regular Fisetin.  If it's more bioavailable, you would use less.  More cost effective.  Pretty simple.

Good point.  It should require a lot smaller dose going through the liver, which is where a lot of drug toxicity occurs afaik.

I just wonder if a large dose reaching the bloodstream has negative effects.

• like x 1

#17 granth998

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

Part of the transition to these liposomal products will be understanding and adjusting dosages.  If for example lipo fisetin is 47x more bioavailable, that would seem on the surface to mean the dose would be 47x less.  So in the Mayo Clinic human trial on fisetin, an 1,800mg dose for 2 consecutive days, resting a month, then another 1,800mg dose for 2 consecutive days would be adjusted down to just 38mg of lipo fisetin per dose for a 190lb person.  That's a pretty significant difference.  I think if you rounded up, however you'd still be safe.  Fisetin is well tolerated with few negative side effects.

Edited by jocko6889, 17 February 2020 - 07:44 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • unsure x 1

#18 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

Is it known for a fact that liposomes transit the oral mucosa effectively?

I don't recall seeing a "liposomal sublingual" formulation previously.

#19 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:42 PM

Some data on the question I asked above -

In vivo study of liposomes as drug carriers to oral mucosa using EPR oximetry

This line in the abstract was a little troubling:

When these liposomes were applied to oral mucosa over 3 successive days it was found that pO2 increased the most on the first day, the effect gradually decreased following application on the second and third days. The duration of the resulting hyperemia was the longest on the second day (p<0.01).

Would be nice to understand what is going on there.  I'll have to SciHub that article this evening.

#20 Oakman

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

This might be a good effect..

"Hyperemia is an active process whereby the blood volume and flow are increased by active dilatation of arterioles supplying the tissue (increased blood flow) as well as dilatation of venules to expand blood volume.

So it might indicate hyperimia offers a better diffusion of the active ingredient into blood.

#21 Engadin

• Topic Starter
  • 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:03 PM

To cause hyperemia was the aim of the research you point out, Daniel Cooper. And it was to be obtained by applying a hyperemia inducer compound (benzyl nicotinate) contained in multi-lamellar lyposome nanocapsules as carriers. So the test results seem to show that on the second day hyperemia was the longest, so meaning that the effect of the drug was better on that day, which perfectly fits our objectives at first sight.

Why? Because it would then be great that ABN LSG Fisetin should show the same pattern - highest deliverance on the second day - given the two days per month scheduled treatment with fisetin proposed at Mayo Clinic.

Not that troubling from this perspective then.

Edited by Engadin, 18 February 2020 - 06:03 PM.

#22 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

Only if you're solely interested in fisetin.  But if you're going to dose NMN, NAD+, Resveratrol+Curcumin on a daily basis, you clearly don't want the delivery system peaking then declining after two days.

Now, I have read nothing more than the abstract of that study, so when I read the whole paper it may be that there is no issue.  But, "do liposomes reliably penetrate the oral mucosa" is a fair question that ought to be answered. 

Alive By Nature published a batch of papers when they released this product. I didn't see one that addressed this issue. Did I miss something?

• Good Point x 1

#23 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:37 AM

Okay, a few days into taking this stuff and gotta say its the first NAD related product that I feel an immediate effect from. More alert, better energy,  muscles feel more relaxed and alive. Really liking it so far. I am using the one with just NAD in it, nothing else.

So maybe placebo, who knows? But I think not. Will effect continue? We will see, but so far yes I am really enjoying it. 

Also I think I may combine it with sublingual ATP 

Also I see now they have both NAD+ sublingual gel and NR sublingual gel. Wonder if there would be benefits in taking both? 

Edited by Phoebus, 20 March 2020 - 03:38 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#24 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

I continue to have excellent results with this product. 

I was amazed to see the fine lines and wrinkles on my face smoothing out, also in my elderly dotage (52 yo) I developed a bit of a turkey neck, that has now firmed up and disappeared. This was all very surprising to me. I did not expect these specific results at all but they are welcome for sure. 

I re ordered. I REALLY hope these results persist, we will see. My positive response to NR faded over time, hope this doesn't follow suit. This is so far one of the best supplements I have ever used, if not the very best.

Daily I put two pumps under my tongue and leave it there for as long as I possibly can, the longer the better. 

also wondering about doubling up and dosing twice a day. Wonder if too much is going to be detrimental? Really have no idea. 

Edited by Phoebus, 31 March 2020 - 03:17 PM.

• Informative x 3

#25 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:20 PM

Interesting.  I got mine last week.  Although I really love the taste and convenience, I haven't (yet) noticed any difference from taking the powder.

Were you taking NMN sublingual before, and noticed a difference from that?

#26 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:40 PM

Interesting.  I got mine last week.  Although I really love the taste and convenience, I haven't (yet) noticed any difference from taking the powder.

Were you taking NMN sublingual before, and noticed a difference from that?

I was taking NR for a while, then NMN sublingual. Yes, for me its better than both of those. 

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#27 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

I'll let you know how I get on with the ABN Nad as I've recently bought some for myself. I don't plan to take as much (Only half) so it should last me a couple of months. 

#28 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 06:50 AM

Do they have coupon codes at the moment? I recall using one last year.

#29 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:50 PM

Do they have coupon codes at the moment? I recall using one last year.

Nad Lab in the UK (Who stock ABN) did but it expired on the 10th. Keep an eye out though.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 TheCarbonGroup

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:35 PM

Okay, a few days into taking this stuff and gotta say its the first NAD related product that I feel an immediate effect from. More alert, better energy,  muscles feel more relaxed and alive. Really liking it so far. I am using the one with just NAD in it, nothing else.

So maybe placebo, who knows? But I think not. Will effect continue? We will see, but so far yes I am really enjoying it. 

Also I think I may combine it with sublingual ATP 

Also I see now they have both NAD+ sublingual gel and NR sublingual gel. Wonder if there would be benefits in taking both? 

I also gave their LSG NAD+ a shot and I have to say, I'm really feeling sustained energy and renewal. 

There's a real brain boost. I notice the difference on weekends when I cycle off. Thanks for the tip about the ATP.

Edited by TheCarbonGroup, 15 April 2020 - 11:28 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lsg, liposomal sublingual gel, alive by nature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users