Huperzine A and overall health

cognition health

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:09 PM

Hey guys,

I use to do Huperzine A in the college days a few years ago and I do remember it being effective, I am considering trying it out again. Is searched around and cannot find any links to huperzine A and overall health studies. 

Do any of you have any insights on Huperzine A and how it interacts with our physiology as we get 'older' per se?

I know all about the Acetylcholine up-regulation thing, and Plan to cycle it on and off for a few weeks at a time. 

One thing I read on google, not sure if it's substantiated or not is its effects on heart-rate. It can apparently slow down the heart rate. I wonder however, does this mean it is not good for overall heart health long term? Or the complete opposite effect?

Thank you!

#2 ibtisam_midlet

• 105 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

She will hide the Alzheimer's disease effect when you taking it, and yes there is no problem taking it long term, it's a naturally occurring chemical.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:57 AM

She will hide the Alzheimer's disease effect when you taking it, and yes there is no problem taking it long term, it's a naturally occurring chemical.

Haha I don't have Alzheimers. 

I ain't that old yo. Only 35

Edited by TheFountain, 05 May 2020 - 10:58 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#4 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:00 PM

there is no problem taking it long term, it's a naturally occurring chemical.

why don't you try taking peyote and magic mushrooms three times a day, and then please re-affirm as to the fact there is still no problem taking anything natural on a consistent basis.

respect the earth.  listen to your body.

Do any of you have any insights on Huperzine A and how it interacts with our physiology as we get 'older' per se?

We don't know.  It hasn't been studied longer than 36 weeks.

Personally I noticed a strange brain fog, with citicoline too.  ALCAR should be okay.  But a lot has changed in the past decade.  People either settle on some fairly commonplace natural stack, or they jump from RC to RC hoping for the next big thing.  A lot of things fell out of use: sulbutiamine, the racetams, etc

• Enjoying the show x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cognition, health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users