• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Nugenics "Elixir"

aging reversal epigenetics dna methylation clock heterochronic parabiosis programmed aging

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#211 QuestforLife

• 1,278 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2022 - 01:15 PM

Also another treated rat has died.
This is turning out to be pretty much like dr Goya's experiment. The rats are looking good and younger, but then they die pretty much at the same time.

Agree. I'm hoping we haven't wasted 2 years talking about E5.

#212 brian1965

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2022 - 02:46 PM

Couple things to note:
(1) this E5 study is primarily studying lifespan. If one or more of the treated rats (all female) breaks the known Sprague Dawley rat lifespan record (48 mos, I think?), this would be significant. They’re all currently at about 39 mos. Average lifespan is 30-42 mos.
(2) the original E5 study was done on male rats, where the measured results were more pronounced. This study is being done with female rats. Katcher theorizes that E5 is more effective on males, and is trying to determine possible reasons why.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#213 Mind

• Life Member, Moderator, Secretary
  • 17,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 06:59 PM

Couple things to note:
(1) this E5 study is primarily studying lifespan. If one or more of the treated rats (all female) breaks the known Sprague Dawley rat lifespan record (48 mos, I think?), this would be significant. They’re all currently at about 39 mos. Average lifespan is 30-42 mos.
(2) the original E5 study was done on male rats, where the measured results were more pronounced. This study is being done with female rats. Katcher theorizes that E5 is more effective on males, and is trying to determine possible reasons why.

Interesting, Steve Perry speculates that GDF11 (which might be part of E5) also works better in males, which makes me think it affects mainly hormonal pathways. Growth hormone also improves many biomarkers and aspects of health (in mice and humans), but does not extend life (as far as I am aware).

Still, being healthy into old age is better than nothing.

Edited by Mind, 01 May 2022 - 07:00 PM.

• Informative x 5

sponsored ad

• Advert

#214 brian1965

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:00 PM

For those not on the E5/Yuvan mailing list, I thought you'd be interested in seeing this (pretty impressive) photo of the result of E5 being applied to an aged 78yo human hand.  Please note, this is E5 (plasma fraction) and not NEEL (the skin cream)

maos.jpg?content-type=image%2Fjpeg&forma

“So, I rubbed a small sample of E5 on my right hand and after three days
the results were visible. The skin on the treated hand is visibly thicker and
lighter. Certainly not a definitive test, but wow, my hand looks decades
younger.”

- Dr. Harold Katcher

-----

Per Akshay (Dr. Katcher's business partner), this is the internal email that Dr. Katcher shared regarding the above on 2-May-2022:

Hi all,
I applied a little bit of an old freeze-dried prep – there’s no trick here Jay (how could there be), my right-hand looks 30 years younger,even my veins are narrower and less prominent, (I wonder if they’ve let go of their calcification) they also seem less visible because the skin appears thicker. Obviously, the experiment needs to be tried on many people, but I’m certain their reaction will be the same as mine. The interesting thing is, as you noted Jay that the E5 used was essentially just the precipitate, (so therefore crude), but if only for external use, it would not have to meet the same criteria for use as something used internally. I’m looking at my hands right now and am amazed, a real miracle. I suppose it will fade (as my blood contains pro-aging factors) – but surprisingly, we now have real evidence that E5 works on people. Yesterday Kavita said it doesn’t look like both hands could belong to the same person). I only applied a small bit to the upper surface of my right hand, nothing more. It was actually historic.
Best to all,
Harold

Edited by brian1965, 04 May 2022 - 01:22 PM.

• Informative x 4
  • like x 1

#215 elfanjo

• 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 03:54 PM

For those not on the E5/Yuvan mailing list

Hey Brian, do you know how one can get on that list by any chance?

#216 brian1965

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2022 - 10:25 PM

See below:

Edited by brian1965, 24 May 2022 - 10:31 PM.

#217 brian1965

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2022 - 10:30 PM

Hey Brian, do you know how one can get on that list by any chance?

Here you go:

https://www.ntzplural.com/newsletter

Edited by brian1965, 24 May 2022 - 10:35 PM.

• like x 2

#218 RWhigham

• 503 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:00 PM

Akshay said on May 25 the E5 patent will be published in July.

• Informative x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging reversal, epigenetics, dna methylation clock, heterochronic parabiosis, programmed aging

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users