* * * * * 2 votes

Urolithin A/Mitopure Released

urolithin a mitopure amazentis timeline nutrition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 05:04 PM

After four months of using the Mitopure powder daily in the AM, my n=1 experiment reveals it was a $400 bust. 

I observed no positive or negative effect in strength, endurance or power output.  There may be something positive happening at a cellular level, but, in terms of real-world metrics, I experienced no obvious benefit. Additionally, there were no changes in blood test results. 

• Informative x 3

#92 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

For those interested, Timeline Nutrition is offering 200 free kits to test Urolithin A levels.  https://challenge.ti...enutrition.com/

• Informative x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Verbena

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2021 - 05:20 AM

Important question for Urolithin A: If your product promotes mitophagy, how can you be certain that it’s clearing out damaged mitochondria only and not healthy ones, as well? I would point out the following study:

Not surprisingly, mitophagy is closely coupled to mitochondrial biogenesis. Studies have demonstrated that mitophagy has the capacity to clear most of the mitochondria in cells. In fact, cells overexpressing PINK1 or Parkin can degrade all their mitochondria within 24-96 h in response to treatment with mitochondrial uncouplers 86, 92. It is therefore important for the cell to quickly replace the mitochondria that have been removed by mitophagy. Mitochondria have a significant reserve capacity that can be utilized upon demand 122. In response to modest mitophagy, myocytes can utilize their mitochondrial reserve to maintain energy production without affecting contractility. However, excessive mitophagy in the absence of mitochondrial biogenesis will result in the depletion of the bioenergetic reserve in the remaining mitochondria and subsequent cell death.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...38875/#S13title

This is concerning. It’s interesting that it took about 3 days for the extreme fatigue to set in for both me and my mother, which is inline with the 24-96 hours noted in this study.

Do you know which pathway/s urolithin a works through? Would you agree that it might be overstimulating PINK1 and causing an excessive purge of mitochondria from the cells? That seems to be the most sensical explanation.

I want to clarify, this isn’t slight fatigue. This is “I need to find the nearest place to lie down and go to sleep immediately” fatigue. Until I am convinced otherwise, I am going to assume that, at least in my body, urolithin a is causing mitochondria, both healthy and unhealthy, to be expelled from my cells at such a high rate that mitochondria biogenesis can’t keep up and thus causes extreme fatigue.

I purchased Mitopure softgels from Timeline Nutrition website and they included a free sample of their Mitopure + Protein packet (https://www.timeline...rotein-powder).I first tried this free sample on a Sunday, about 2 weeks ago from today.

The next morning, I woke up as though I didn't sleep for a week and that I was hungover. It has been 2 weeks since then and I've been extremely fatigued, yawning all the time, and even persistent low grade headaches. I've never felt like this in my life. I could crawl into bed all day every day, and I'm normally and extremely active person. It takes all my will power to stay alert and focused for normal tasks, and the two times I attempted to go to the gym, with 10 mins I just want to go lay down in the corner and sleep. I think you get the idea...

Although the first day was the worst, it has now been 2 weeks and ​I don't seem to be getting any better and don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any insight on how I may resolve this and what happened to me? Or how long it takes to naturally resolve itself?

I greatly appreciate any insight or guidance.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#94 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 06:12 PM

Although the first day was the worst, it has now been 2 weeks and ​I don't seem to be getting any better and don't know what to do.

Does anyone have any insight on how I may resolve this and what happened to me? Or how long it takes to naturally resolve itself?

That's a pretty extreme reaction. I'd suggest contacting TimeLine Nutrition.

• Agree x 1

#95 Verbena

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2021 - 06:30 PM

I did. They said they were sorry to hear of my reaction and asked me several follow up questions. They also stated that they will not offer any refunds or accept returns as stated in their Terms & Conditions. I am least interested in any refund, but trying to recover and also understand what happened to me because of this.

Anyone with further insight to share is greatly appreciated.

#96 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 03:42 AM

I purchased Mitopure softgels from Timeline Nutrition website and they included a free sample of their Mitopure + Protein packet (https://www.timeline...rotein-powder).I first tried this free sample on a Sunday, about 2 weeks ago from today.

The next morning, I woke up as though I didn't sleep for a week and that I was hungover. It has been 2 weeks since then and I've been extremely fatigued, yawning all the time, and even persistent low grade headaches. I've never felt like this in my life. I could crawl into bed all day every day, and I'm normally and extremely active person. It takes all my will power to stay alert and focused for normal tasks, and the two times I attempted to go to the gym, with 10 mins I just want to go lay down in the corner and sleep. I think you get the idea...

Although the first day was the worst, it has now been 2 weeks and ​I don't seem to be getting any better and don't know what to do.

Hi Verbena,

My fatigue took awhile to initially set in and then it would peak shortly after taking the Mitopure for about an hour or so. The effects, however, wore off by the end of the day or the next morning. Interestingly, a commenter noted that my symptoms sounded like a potassium deficiency. Some time later I got a routine blood test and sure enough I had a potassium deficiency. I treated it and now on the occasions I take Mitopure I have no more fatigue. I don’t know why Mitopure seemed to embellish the potassium deficiency, if that’s what was happening, but something very odd was definitely going on.

1) I would recommend getting a blood test and looking for any abnormalities.

2) Since Mitopure affects mitochondria you might also look into taking some supplements that ramp up mitochondria activity.

3) HIIT also creates new mitochondria. You might try to add some to your routine.

Hope it resolves.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#97 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 02 January 2022 - 03:21 PM

For those interested, Timeline Nutrition is offering 200 free kits to test Urolithin A levels.  https://challenge.ti...enutrition.com/

Thanks for posting that APBT. I got the test and my Urolithin A Glucuronide level went from 2 to 391 ng/ml after 500mg of Mitopure.

I only took Mitopure the one time for the test. I haven't bought any. I thought my before levels would be higher since I take 300mg/day Pomella Pomegranate Extract.

• Informative x 3

#98 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2022 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for posting that APBT. I got the test and my Urolithin A Glucuronide level went from 2 to 391 ng/ml after 500mg of Mitopure.

I only took Mitopure the one time for the test. I haven't bought any. I thought my before levels would be higher since I take 300mg/day Pomella Pomegranate Extract.

Thank you for posting this TA5. Have you had, as I understand ABPT noticed too, no changes in serum biomarkers and/or other real life clinical markers? Inflammation and endothelial health markers, CBC, ...? I take PPE too and considering switching, the rise in UA is substantial.

#99 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:59 AM

Albedo,

I only took the one dose and I didn't notice anything. 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#100 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:58 PM

Seen it? Just in case ...

Supplement appears to boost muscle, mitochondria health

https://www.eurekale...releases/940275

#101 nhenderson

• 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:43 PM

https://link.springe...357-022-00708-y

Urolithin A reduces amyloid-beta load and improves cognitive deficits uncorrelated with plaque burden in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#102 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 14 August 2023 - 05:36 AM

What's the cheapest source of Urolithin A these days?

I noticed this Neurogan brand 700mg x 60 caps Urolithin A supplement for $50 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBL9B8M6

Timeline MItopure costs 3x more.

• Good Point x 1

#103 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 14 August 2023 - 05:33 PM

I noticed this Neurogan brand 700mg x 60 caps Urolithin A supplement for $50 on Amazon:

Just a word of caution. You get what you pay for. I was recently at a supplement conference and once again (as many testing companies have confirmed for years), I was reminded that most supplements do not contain the amount of active ingredient stated on the label and/or are completely fraudulent (contain wheat/rice flours or other fillers). If you are just searching for the cheapest online seller, you are most likely buying an inferior or fraudulent product. Stick with well-known companies that have a good reputation.

Edited by Mind, 14 August 2023 - 05:34 PM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 1

#104 Neurocryo

• 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 02:43 AM

ive taken 2 pills over two days of this brand and can vouch for it.  I am going to continue through the whole bottle.  I’ve spent the weekend looking at as many figures from papers on urolithin a as I can find and everything seems to check out on this stuff.  

The papers on obesity are very convincing.  It helps bone out a lot and chondrocytes in the back and knees.  

check out this paper:  https://www.ncbi.nlm...es/PMC10281726/

It inhibits Dyrk1a which is elevated in AD.  I also noticed that Urolithin a activates map3k5.  This protein activates JNK which can phosphorylate sirtuin 6 in response to double stranded breaks.

one thing that potentiates it more is taking it with ecgc, (green tea).haven’t tried it yet.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#105 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 08:34 PM

ive taken 2 pills over two days of this brand and can vouch for it.  I am going to continue through the whole bottle.  I’ve spent the weekend looking at as many figures from papers on urolithin a as I can find and everything seems to check out on this stuff.  

How can you vouch for something you've taken for two days and consumed four whole pills of?

• Agree x 3
  • like x 2

#106 Neurocryo

• 54 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 12:53 AM

How can you vouch for something you've taken for two days and consumed four whole pills of?

Should have provided more information.

Ive been taking a pomegranate extract with a good percentage of the precursor to urolithin a for about 2/3 of a year consistently every day in the AM same time.

I assumed I was getting some Urolithin a during the duration of this from the conversion by gut bacteria, an assumption that could be false as I wouldn’t know if I had the right strain.  

I vouched for it based on my anecdotal literature review.  Subjectively I experienced a change that weekend that I tried it.

Im having second thoughts now because a week later I was taking 4-6 pills over the weekend one on each day and not achieving the same experience.

Im starting to suspect that chemically it is unstable once the bottle is opened.  I discontinued use and then a week later, hardly anything.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#107 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 03:13 PM

I have ordered other products successfully from both of these sources before; but never ordered Urolithin A from them.

https://liftmode.com...10132023&page=1

https://science.bio/...ithin-a-powder/

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: urolithin a, mitopure, amazentis, timeline nutrition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users