- - - - -

Topical Senolytics - Interview with OneSkin

podcast senolytics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:22 AM

Next up on the Longecity podcast is an interview with Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of OneSkin, Alessandra Zonari!

OneSkin are a very exciting company, they're pioneering a topical senolytic cream and have many ambitions for the future. Here's a quote from their website abut their goals:

"Early on, our shared mission was clear - to create technologies that help people age in a healthy and vibrant way, so that they can live their best lives, every day. We believe there’s no reason you can’t be dancing on a table at 80 years young.

Fuelled by our passion for science and our love of life, we embarked upon a journey to forever transform the way humans experience ageing.

Troubled by the reality that so many people, including some of our loved ones, spend a considerable portion of their lives in poor health due to age-related disease, we set out to build patented technologies that reverse the ageing process."

If you have any questions for the interview let us know in the comments below!

Attached File  A8cqfOCe_400x400.jpg   22.57KB   1 downloads

Edited by caliban, 30 September 2020 - 01:03 PM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:19 PM

One question, or set of questions, I plan to ask is about regulation and the difficulty of testing a single senolytic against a single "disease" target. Many people are aware of the failure of Unity Biotech's first foray into senolytic therapies. I wonder if Oneskin has considered this, or have already climbed that testing/regulatory hurdle.

Edited by Mind, 26 August 2020 - 03:19 PM.

#3 michael0505

• 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:40 AM

Questions:  What's it do for graying hair and does it rejuvenate hair to a thicker / younger state

#4 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 01:24 PM

Question: Does removing senolytic skin cells have any impact on AGE formation?  Do humans possess any ability in their youth to break up and remove AGEs?

BTW - I think the answer to that second question is most likely no, but I'd like to hear it from someone better versed on this topic than I.

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:59 PM

Great questions that I missed. I apologize for not checking the thread before recording the interview. I will contact Alessandra and see if she will answer the questions in text.

Anyway, the podcast is now available in the podcast page. https://www.longecity.org/podcast/

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podcast, senolytics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users