- - - - -

COVID vaccine outcomes

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#271 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 03:11 PM

I would build up to the max dose of neprinol or serracor prior to the shot.

The problem is the spike is supposedly produced for 48 or hours continuously.  Want to make sure you are low sugar/carbs, 5k IU of D, beta glucans, and constant vit C to support your immune system wiping these things out.

More from Ryan Cole and Charles Hoffe on how the spike protein works.  Cole makes a good observation, where are the autopsies, got to look to find?

Dr. Ryan Cole (3:50 good place to start, guilty till proven innocent, 4:00 - spike circulates, 4:50 spike alone produces same symptoms as covid, 5:25 pictures of spike damage)

Dr Charles Hoffe - YouTube

I am skeptical of the notion that the injuries are permanent as Hoffe claims.  Natto, callogen, vitamin e, and C.  I would think this could be overcome with some protocol like Patterson did for Long Covid.

What is "callogen"? And why would it be helpful? Also, beta glucans? Interesting.... so eat oatmeal? How would beta glucans help? that seems interesting.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#272 geo12the

• Topic Starter
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 03:53 PM

The damage mechanism of both the virus and the vaccines appears to be the spike protein itself. The first thing you want is any compound that will stop the spike protein that one could take the moment they leave the clinic after getting the shots. The second would be to inhibit the mRNA that is in the shots. I'm thinking some sort of Protease inhibitor. Yes, I know these can be harmful. But we're not taking these indefinitely like someone who is HIV-positive. We would only take it for a few days to a few weeks. Ideally, you want something that will inhibit the shots than be taken as soon as one is injected.

The whole point of the vaccine is to expose your body to the spike protein so your immune system can recognize it. I am trying really hard to not be harsh or judgmental  on people who I disagree with BUT the idea of taking the shot and then taking measures to inhibit it and keep it from working is the single most stupid thing I have heard.

• Ill informed x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Well Written x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#273 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:31 PM

The whole point of the vaccine is to expose your body to the spike protein so your immune system can recognize it. I am trying really hard to not be harsh or judgmental  on people who I disagree with BUT the idea of taking the shot and then taking measures to inhibit it and keep it from working is the single most stupid thing I have heard.

I guess the question would be, how much spike protein is needed for your body to produce sufficient antibodies for future recognition/neutralization of the virus.

#274 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:58 PM

I guess the question would be, how much spike protein is needed for your body to produce sufficient antibodies for future recognition/neutralization of the virus.

Enough that a minimum of 2 doses are required.  The crowd that was proposing only the first dose and skipping the second dose and it's side effects (which is what develops the antibodies) was found to create a false sense of security as there has been plenty of data showing that a single dose doesn't get the job done.  And anybody requiring references either hasn't been paying attention or doesn't want to hear the science.

What I can say is my toddler recently tested positive (documented exposure 11 days ago and symptoms 7 days ago) and both her mother (Pfizer) and I (Moderna) having been vaccinated have tested negative and been symptom free in spite of sharing our bed with our daughter who is very sick.

I'm grateful for the vaccine.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#275 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:06 PM

Lead German pathologist (who is pro-vaccination and vaccinated himself) claims vaccine-related deaths are being underestimated.

• Good Point x 1

#276 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 05:09 PM

Heart disorders after taking the experimental gene therapy for COVID are 5 times more likely than originally reported, (although still a very small percentage)

• Good Point x 1

#277 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 12:01 AM

Right, my posts are directed towards the circulating protein.  Spike is suppose to stay anchored in the deltoid.  But for those that do escape into circulation, I would use a blood cleanser to help wipe them out.

• Good Point x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#278 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 12:03 AM

What is "callogen"? And why would it be helpful? Also, beta glucans? Interesting.... so eat oatmeal? How would beta glucans help? that seems interesting.

Hoffey thinks the microclot damage to blood vessels is not repairable.  Blood vessels are made of collagen, I would supplement with it + C + E + blood cleanser(or natto) to try and fix.

Maybe they cant be repaired, but he cant know that, personally I really doubt it is permanent.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#279 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:21 AM

Right, my posts are directed towards the circulating protein. Spike is suppose to stay anchored in the deltoid. But for those that do escape into circulation, I would use a blood cleanser to help wipe them out.

By what magic was an injection into muscle blood and lymph supposed to stay put?
  • Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#280 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 04:59 AM

By what magic was an injection into muscle blood and lymph supposed to stay put?

They engineered an anchor as part of the spike b/c they were AWARE the spike was biologically active

See this video at 15:11

https://rumble.com/v...m-an-exper.html

John Campbell does talk about proper injection technique in one video of his,  a good nurse is helpful as well I suppose.

Edited by Gal220, 08 August 2021 - 04:59 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#281 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 07:58 PM

So far, with my J & J vaccine...

The first night was hell. Headache from hell. Face got really hot too. Could not sleep..... But eventually was able to........ first night was August 3rd's evening

Well now, I have realized, every night, one of the weird sides I am getting is crazy nightmares...... Like insane ones, that also are sad........... well great for me huh.........

Not too mention, each morning after this shot i realize I have been crying in my sleep (wtf....)       I can tell by the way my eyes are swollen shut with little tear marks visible in the mirror when I check.......... This is bad, because anytime I have cried in my life, I wake up the next day like that... Bad because so far, everyone at work is asking if I am okay. I work in sales. If I look like shit, that is going to seriously hurt my ability to sell.... Already had customers asking me if I was okay. Great....... This sucks... Weird side effect. Anyone ever have a side like that? Did it go away? It is Incredibly annoying.

• Informative x 2

#282 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:41 PM

EU looking into new possible side-effects of mRNA COVID-19 shots

https://www.yahoo.co...-134252313.html

"Erythema multiforme, a form of allergic skin reaction; glomerulonephritis, or kidney inflammation; and nephrotic syndrome, a renal disorder characterised by heavy urinary protein losses, are being studied"

---------------------

Myocarditis, pericarditis, blood clots, kidney damage.  And for our next trick...  Full FDA approval, mandates, coercion & BOOSTERS all around!  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 11 August 2021 - 03:42 PM.

• Informative x 4

#283 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 06:46 PM

They engineered an anchor as part of the spike b/c they were AWARE the spike was biologically active

See this video at 15:11
https://rumble.com/v...m-an-exper.html

John Campbell does talk about proper injection technique in one video of his, a good nurse is helpful as well I suppose.

IRT the mRNA jab, the shot's fluid itself is not anchored to anything. Liposomes certainly go into the the lymph and will be distributed all over the body.
The concentration maybe higher in the shoulder for a period of time, but only a subject put into deep freeze would stop that from spreading.
An 'anchored' spike protein seems a very bad idea as it likely means it stays on the surface of the cell longer than
the natural one and will cause more problems.
  • Good Point x 1

#284 geo12the

• Topic Starter
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:37 PM

I didn't get much sleep last night. Just before bed I learned a friend was in the hospital with COVID in critical condition. All of my acquaintances  are vaccinated except for two people. He was one of them. None of the vaccinated people I know have come down with COVID. This friend was very right wing, MAGA and anti-mask, anti-vaccine, pro-HCQ. We had a big falling out almost exactly one year ago over masking. He had a small business and was very opposed to mask mandates to the point where he had an-anti mask doctor write notes that all of his employees could not wear masks for medical reasons. He was in the news. He kept sending me anti-mask propaganda from right wing sources and when I pointed out it might not be the best idea to get medical advice from non-medical right wing news echo chambers, he called me a bully and we stopped speaking. I saw him earlier this year and we had a cordial conversation but have not seem him since then. He was not vaccinated. He is currently in the ICU fighting for his life and he blamed stress from fighting the authorities about masking for making him susceptible to COVID.  I sent him a message that perhaps some introspection was in order. I hope he lives. That is the reality of the politicization of COVID and the anti-vax foolishness. People dying. Ya'll don't like to hear that. You drove away Hip and others whose opinions challenged your own and have turned the COVID discussion area into a right-wing echo chamber. I don't think I will be contributing more here because people don't want to have discussions, they want their opinions validated.   

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • like x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Informative x 1

#285 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:54 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/..._cid=mm7031e2_w

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021

Weekly / August 6, 2021 / 70(31);1059-1062

On July 30, 2021, this report was posted online as an MMWR Early Release.

During July 2021, 469 cases of COVID-19 associated with multiple summer events and large public gatherings in a town in Barnstable County, Massachusetts, were identified among Massachusetts residents; vaccination coverage among eligible Massachusetts residents was 69%. Approximately three quarters (346; 74%) of cases occurred in fully vaccinated persons (those who had completed a 2-dose course of mRNA vaccine [Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna] or had received a single dose of Janssen [Johnson & Johnson] vaccine ≥14 days before exposure). Genomic sequencing of specimens from 133 patients identified the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in 119 (89%) and the Delta AY.3 sublineage in one (1%). Overall, 274 (79%) vaccinated patients with breakthrough infection were symptomatic. Among five COVID-19 patients who were hospitalized, four were fully vaccinated; no deaths were reported.

Unvaccinated of course can get hospitalized too. But why close your eyes to the 4 times more fully vaccinated, and hopitalized too, in this small scale report by the CDC?

Edited by pamojja, 12 August 2021 - 07:55 PM.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#286 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 04:00 PM

I didn't get much sleep last night. Just before bed I learned a friend was in the hospital with COVID in critical condition. All of my acquaintances are vaccinated except for two people. He was one of them. None of the vaccinated people I know have come down with COVID. This friend was very right wing, MAGA and anti-mask, anti-vaccine, pro-HCQ. We had a big falling out almost exactly one year ago over masking. He had a small business and was very opposed to mask mandates to the point where he had an-anti mask doctor write notes that all of his employees could not wear masks for medical reasons. He was in the news. He kept sending me anti-mask propaganda from right wing sources and when I pointed out it might not be the best idea to get medical advice from non-medical right wing news echo chambers, he called me a bully and we stopped speaking. I saw him earlier this year and we had a cordial conversation but have not seem him since then. He was not vaccinated. He is currently in the ICU fighting for his life and he blamed stress from fighting the authorities about masking for making him susceptible to COVID. I sent him a message that perhaps some introspection was in order. I hope he lives. That is the reality of the politicization of COVID and the anti-vax foolishness. People dying. Ya'll don't like to hear that. You drove away Hip and others whose opinions challenged your own and have turned the COVID discussion area into a right-wing echo chamber. I don't think I will be contributing more here because people don't want to have discussions, they want their opinions validated.

geo12the I am sorry your friend is ill. I wish him and anyone else suffering a quick and full recovery.
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#287 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 11:42 PM

"I didn't get much sleep last night. Just before bed I learned a friend was in the hospital with COVID in critical condition. All of my acquaintances  are vaccinated except for two people. He was one of them."...

COVID is real.

People get sick.

People do not get sick.

People make a choice in regard to vaccines.

Focusing on any single incidence in a sea of statistics means nothing, rhetorically, and in spite of the truly sad story that is a lecture in disguise. 

You call his information propaganda. No propaganda is good, if that is what it is. However, it is unavoidable in today's free information environment. One man's propaganda is another's truth, which is political for both sides. Ban his "propaganda" today, and yours is banned tomorrow. That's how speech restrictions work.

The government has been ignoring science, throughout this pandemic, and they still do. They cherry pick and misrepresent science. All the while record profits flow to the pharma companies.

There is a higher volume of propaganda coming from the vax-mandate (different from pro vs anti vax) instutions that are better funded than right wing echo chambers (your words, which are a politicization of the issue). 

If they were more disciplined in regard to presenting the situation honestly, then more people would trust them and get vaccinated.

Fauci was laundered one million dollars for saying the "right" thing, as a public servant, and he still has his job. Imagine if corrupt entities could just launder payments to in-office politicans and bureacracies under the guise of giving them awards. Bad, right? That's exactly what happened here. 

At no point in service or after retirement should public servants be recieving that type of payment. And especially not during a pandemic over which his policy dictates the personal freedom, and possibly the life or death of every American. That he recieved this payment and is still close to being in charge of anything so crucial is proof positive of how corrupt this situation is. That perspective of his corruption having a bearing on his policy decisions, and the resultant mistrust of the populace, lies with Fauci and those who refuse to fire him from his current position.

The Left (this is politicized as you say, yes?) needs to start shouldering the blame for its politicization of COVID from the beginning. Less than a year ago a variety of Left Wing politicians, including the current Vice President, were stating that they wouldn't trust a vaccine that came out under a Trump adminstration. So, please, with your "the right wing is politicizing COVID".

Frankly, many people are likely hesitant to get the vaccine because they've learned not to trust abject liars and obvious COVID exploiting politicians with their health. 

Nancy Pelosi makes tens of millions, from insider trading, from her political connections to the Tech Industry. Its this group of politicians that we are supposed to trust, completely, with a recommendation that has sent record profits to pharma companies. Correct? Maybe takking the vaccine is 100% the best thing to do. However, politicans like Fauci, Pelosi, and Harris have undeniably muddled that water for many Americans. Possibly putting their lives at risk in the process.

You lament COVID politicization but I read most politication coming from the Left. The Left sanctioned almost full year of nationwide riots during lockdowns, in an election year, for political reasons. That sent a loud and clear message to every American paying attention that, for the Left, lockdowns were political and not actual. But its the right who has made COVID political?

Personal choice in regard to vaccines is personal, not political, except for the Americans that see a bureaucracy that is completely insane with power and corruption, and therefore not trustworthy enough to speak on any health mandate whatsoever. 

Your friend is dying and you sent him a message telling him to reflect? Keeping quiet or being gracious would have been the mentally healthier and human move, for you, with all due respect.

No one drove Hip away because we don't like his opinions. Hip can't abide conflicting opinions and resorts to ad hominems, dehumanization of people who can't or won't get the vaccine, and illiberal recommendations in the name of his zealotry. No one is here driving away anyone who is pro vaccine in a civil manner. Just like we aren't rebutting those positions in an uncivil manner, unless its in response to uncivil behavior. Not agreeing with you is not "driving" anyone away. The fact is that Hip couldn't civilly tolerate anyone disagreeing with him.

Case in point, your response is uncivil. Its not a discussion, in contrast with how you couch it. Its a rant on your friend and people here. You either have an unpopular opinion or present it in a manner that people disagree with. So they rebut it. That makes this an echo chamber? Did you want a discussion or for you to be allowed to dominate like Hip attempts to with his personal attacks? Your post is not persuasion or discussion. Its... I'm unsure what it is. An admionishment that we shouldn't disagree lest we drive you away? Good luck finding a forum that lets you dominate it because you ask it to.

Edited by Ames, 13 August 2021 - 11:45 PM.

• Well Written x 2
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#288 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:51 AM

Its like any discussion like NR vs NAD+ vs NMN.  Im not a big NR fan so I stay out of those threads.  

trivia, who is the most vaccine hesitant, PhDs

Shame if HIP left, but its ok to have honest disagreements on subjects.

• Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#289 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 03:09 AM

Re: post #288 

And, in the interest of equal exposure fairness

"A bias-confirming blog post headlined, “Study Finds The Most Highly-Educated Americans Are Also The Most Vaccine-Hesitant” was predictably popular among disinformation purveyors and those who believe them; it predictably mischaracterized research pending peer review on vaccine hesitancy. The research did not determine that PhDs are “the most vaccine hesitant,” it appeared to indicate that among definitively vaccine hesitant individuals, PhDs were least likely to change their viewsThe headline and its claims are not true."

Stay tuned for when another "fact checker" finds the above claims "not true".

• WellResearched x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#290 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 04:57 PM

Has anyone here taken any of these epigenetic aging tests before and after covid-19 vaccination to measure the effects of these vaccines on epigenetic age? This seems a worthwhile experiment to try. If the vaccines do have an anti-aging effect, that would be another selling point in their favor.

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#291 geo12the

• Topic Starter
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 05:05 PM

"I didn't get much sleep last night. Just before bed I learned a friend was in the hospital with COVID in critical condition. All of my acquaintances  are vaccinated except for two people. He was one of them."...

COVID is real.

People get sick.

People do not get sick.

People make a choice in regard to vaccines.

Focusing on any single incidence in a sea of statistics means nothing, rhetorically, and in spite of the truly sad story that is a lecture in disguise. 

You call his information propaganda. No propaganda is good, if that is what it is. However, it is unavoidable in today's free information environment. One man's propaganda is another's truth, which is political for both sides. Ban his "propaganda" today, and yours is banned tomorrow. That's how speech restrictions work.

The government has been ignoring science, throughout this pandemic, and they still do. They cherry pick and misrepresent science. All the while record profits flow to the pharma companies.

There is a higher volume of propaganda coming from the vax-mandate (different from pro vs anti vax) instutions that are better funded than right wing echo chambers (your words, which are a politicization of the issue). 

If they were more disciplined in regard to presenting the situation honestly, then more people would trust them and get vaccinated.

Fauci was laundered one million dollars for saying the "right" thing, as a public servant, and he still has his job. Imagine if corrupt entities could just launder payments to in-office politicans and bureacracies under the guise of giving them awards. Bad, right? That's exactly what happened here. 

At no point in service or after retirement should public servants be recieving that type of payment. And especially not during a pandemic over which his policy dictates the personal freedom, and possibly the life or death of every American. That he recieved this payment and is still close to being in charge of anything so crucial is proof positive of how corrupt this situation is. That perspective of his corruption having a bearing on his policy decisions, and the resultant mistrust of the populace, lies with Fauci and those who refuse to fire him from his current position.

The Left (this is politicized as you say, yes?) needs to start shouldering the blame for its politicization of COVID from the beginning. Less than a year ago a variety of Left Wing politicians, including the current Vice President, were stating that they wouldn't trust a vaccine that came out under a Trump adminstration. So, please, with your "the right wing is politicizing COVID".

Frankly, many people are likely hesitant to get the vaccine because they've learned not to trust abject liars and obvious COVID exploiting politicians with their health. 

Nancy Pelosi makes tens of millions, from insider trading, from her political connections to the Tech Industry. Its this group of politicians that we are supposed to trust, completely, with a recommendation that has sent record profits to pharma companies. Correct? Maybe takking the vaccine is 100% the best thing to do. However, politicans like Fauci, Pelosi, and Harris have undeniably muddled that water for many Americans. Possibly putting their lives at risk in the process.

You lament COVID politicization but I read most politication coming from the Left. The Left sanctioned almost full year of nationwide riots during lockdowns, in an election year, for political reasons. That sent a loud and clear message to every American paying attention that, for the Left, lockdowns were political and not actual. But its the right who has made COVID political?

Personal choice in regard to vaccines is personal, not political, except for the Americans that see a bureaucracy that is completely insane with power and corruption, and therefore not trustworthy enough to speak on any health mandate whatsoever. 

Your friend is dying and you sent him a message telling him to reflect? Keeping quiet or being gracious would have been the mentally healthier and human move, for you, with all due respect.

No one drove Hip away because we don't like his opinions. Hip can't abide conflicting opinions and resorts to ad hominems, dehumanization of people who can't or won't get the vaccine, and illiberal recommendations in the name of his zealotry. No one is here driving away anyone who is pro vaccine in a civil manner. Just like we aren't rebutting those positions in an uncivil manner, unless its in response to uncivil behavior. Not agreeing with you is not "driving" anyone away. The fact is that Hip couldn't civilly tolerate anyone disagreeing with him.

Case in point, your response is uncivil. Its not a discussion, in contrast with how you couch it. Its a rant on your friend and people here. You either have an unpopular opinion or present it in a manner that people disagree with. So they rebut it. That makes this an echo chamber? Did you want a discussion or for you to be allowed to dominate like Hip attempts to with his personal attacks? Your post is not persuasion or discussion. Its... I'm unsure what it is. An admionishment that we shouldn't disagree lest we drive you away? Good luck finding a forum that lets you dominate it because you ask it to.

I never said his propaganda should be banned, you just assumed I did because I pointed out the consequences of him getting medical advice from right-wing news sources. There is a difference between banning propaganda and pointing out that it is wrong. Problem is one side wants to put out the propaganda AND not have it questioned at all. And if you question it you are infringing on their free speech.

What I hear a lot from the right-wing side is: “You are a sheep for believing mainstream media and mainstream scientists”. But it is actually they who are the sheep, following obediently and taking advice from political hacks like Tucker Carlson and charlatan MDs like Mercola and believing every single word that comes out of the deranged mouth of Dear Leader and the fountain of true knowledge: Mr. mypillow.

I never assume the government will be a perfect model of efficiency. I certainly think the response could have been better. But I don’t agree with the blanket statement that they are ignoring science.

I am NOT a political partisan. There is lots I don’t agree with coming from the left. I never said they are angels. I am a registered independent and have voted for Republicans, Democrats and Libertarian candidates. I think the far-left AND the MAGA right are both misguided. But from what I see it’s the right wing that is most guilty of politicizing the pandemic and spewing misinformation.  We can agree to disagree.

Personal choice in regard to vaccines is personal, 

I fully believe people are free to do what they want regarding masks, vaccines, anything they want to with their lives that does not harm another person. I am very libertarian in my views, as is my sick friend. But people have to live with the consequences of their actions. Part of me regretted the message, which was met by silence. But I am not sorry for pointing out to him that his predicament is a consequence of his actions.  

To me Hip made interesting contributions, served as a counterpoint to some of the strident voices here AND genuinely seemed like a nice man. He wasn’t treated respectfully.  

Your post is not persuasion or discussion. Its... I'm unsure what it is

I posted the story because it is an actual real person. We often forget when discussing these things that real lives are at stake. Take it for what it is worth.

At the end of the day I believe we are nearing the end-game of COVID, so these discussions will diminish. There is sort of a last gasp of unnecessary hysteria going on by the media now that is misguided.  COVID is NOT going away,  but our immune systems now have been introduced to the virus, either by vaccine or infection or both. Those immune systems will be better prepared to battle the virus in the future and it will become less deadly (at least I hope!). Like the flu, they will make yearly COVID boosters for those who want them and in a year we will be back to normal.

• Well Written x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#292 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 05:07 PM

What about the effect of these vaccines on telomere length? Has anyone in here checked for that as well?

• Good Point x 1

#293 Del369

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 05:15 PM

Pfijzer

1st - Sore arm 1 day

2nd - Sore arm 1 day

Do NOT trust or listen to Antivaxxers.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#294 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 06:46 PM

Re post #291

geo12the writes:

"There is a difference between banning propaganda and pointing out that it is wrong. Problem is one side wants to put out the propaganda AND not have it questioned at all. And if you question it you are infringing on their free speech."

Exactly right, as evidenced by the recent suspension of Sen. Rand Paul from posting on YouTube, because he allegedly said in his video: "Most of the masks you get over the counter don't work. They don't prevent infection,"

I say "allegedly" because I can't definitively determine if that's what Rand Paul actually said, since the original video has been removed from YouTube, LOL. However, there are quotes from news agencies telling us that he did say the above.

Note Rand's use of "most of the masks". Did he say ALL MASKS, I think not. Maybe the deleted video has him citing studies that affirm his claim. Who knows? It's down the YouTube memory hole now.

Parsing the way a reasonable reader would do, I suggest that what he is essentially saying is:

"Most masks you get over the counter don't prevent infectionIs that incorrect?

So, what side is it that's doing the banning of "propaganda" and suppressing free speech?

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 14 August 2021 - 07:27 PM.

• Good Point x 5
  • Ill informed x 2

#295 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 07:37 PM

Re: post #293

"Pfijzer

1st - Sore arm 1 day

2nd - Sore arm 1 day"

Thanks, Del369, for posting results of the most up-to-date and definitive study yet regarding all possible side effects resulting from the adminsitration of the "Pfijzer" COVID-19 vaccine. Well done. It's clear that the "Antivaxxers" will have to defer to the brilliance of your findings. 

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 14 August 2021 - 08:23 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • Cheerful x 3
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#296 Del369

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 09:05 PM

Re: post #293

"Pfijzer

1st - Sore arm 1 day

2nd - Sore arm 1 day"

Thanks, Del369, for posting results of the most up-to-date and definitive study yet regarding all possible side effects resulting from the adminsitration of the "Pfijzer" COVID-19 vaccine. Well done. It's clear that the "Antivaxxers" will have to defer to the brilliance of your findings. 

Well thank you but it's hardly rocket science is it  ;)

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#297 geo12the

• Topic Starter
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 09:59 PM

Re post #291

geo12the writes:

"There is a difference between banning propaganda and pointing out that it is wrong. Problem is one side wants to put out the propaganda AND not have it questioned at all. And if you question it you are infringing on their free speech."

Exactly right, as evidenced by the recent suspension of Sen. Rand Paul from posting on YouTube, because he allegedly said in his video: "Most of the masks you get over the counter don't work. They don't prevent infection,"

I say "allegedly" because I can't definitively determine if that's what Rand Paul actually said, since the original video has been removed from YouTube, LOL. However, there are quotes from news agencies telling us that he did say the above.

Note Rand's use of "most of the masks". Did he say ALL MASKS, I think not. Maybe the deleted video has him citing studies that affirm his claim. Who knows? It's down the YouTube memory hole now.

Parsing the way a reasonable reader would do, I suggest that what he is essentially saying is:

"Most masks you get over the counter don't prevent infectionIs that incorrect?

So, what side is it that's doing the banning of "propaganda" and suppressing free speech?

I think the statement  "Most of the masks you get over the counter don't work. They don't prevent infection" is not accurate. He is just trying to stir the pot. NOW if I was in charge of twitter would I have said "take down the video? Probably not. But Twitter is a private entity, they can do what they want. And the legal and liability issues probably play a big role in these calculations. We are a litigious society, I am sure their lawyers (FWIW, I know a Twitter lawyer and guess what- Conservative)  are scared of being sued by someone who came down with COVID and blamed it on seeing the video. 

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#298 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:00 PM

I never said his propaganda should be banned, you just assumed I did because I pointed out the consequences of him getting medical advice from right-wing news sources. There is a difference between banning propaganda and pointing out that it is wrong. Problem is one side wants to put out the propaganda AND not have it questioned at all. And if you question it you are infringing on their free speech.

An all around a pointless contention, in the context of your intended persuasion goal here.

You brought up propaganda. I responded. The interest ends there.

I'm not interested in debating the intracies of your feelings or nuance surrounding your objectively invalid rhetorical technique: calling counter-arguments propaganda as a rhetorical device.

Prior I could have expressed myself in a clearer fashion, but again who cares given your tactic.

To wit, I didn't honestly assume that you wanted propaganda banned, strictly from what you said. And that was not the desired implication of what I wrote (see: I could have expressed myself more clearly; I was attempting to speak in the general context of things being labeled as propaganda on the well-worn road to having them functionally excluded from argument based on the label alone).

However, that someone who calls something propaganda would want it banned would be a high propabability wager because, generally speaking, that's the context of labeling something as propaganda. 

I brought up a common next step, for a society, when people who are trying to "win" an argument resort to calling the other person's argument propaganda as a rhetorical point. In fact, banning propaganda is absolutely front and center in the news today specifically surrounding this issue. Stating otherwise is would be dishonest. Expecting debate partners to exclude that context, when invoking the concept and given the present political climate, is not reasonable.

Dismissing arguments against one's position, out of hand, as propaganda is the statement that counter arguments are invalid on their face because they are dishonest and therefore harmful.

The valid rhetorical technique, in contrast, would be to make a more successful argument that demonstrably proves the other argument false.

I've never read research that concluded with calling contravailing research propaganda.

If you point out that someone's point is wrong, and are successful in doing so, there is no reason to label it as propaganda. Your success stands on its own.

"Problem is" you want to label your opponents arguments as propaganda, for existing, and then any response to your arguments as a motivation to "not wanting their arguments questioned at all". Again, for existing.

You are the one engaging in fallacious thinking, it seems to be ingrained, and that will limit your success in general. No one said that you are infringing on free speech. You are definitely using an illiberal tactic by labeling counter arguments as propaganda as a rhetorical device, and it is similarly illiberal to couch responses in anything else but your counter argument. Calling them propaganda is anti free speech in tone, but that isn't my primary issue with it (because you can't do anything about it). My primary issue is just in rebutting it from standing as valid on this board. 

Labeling something as propaganda usually carries at least some implication that the arguments should be excluded to an extent from the information sphere. Labeling something as propaganda usually occurs when a person is having trouble winning their argument on its merits, or when they otherwise don't have a platform from which to make their point and are short on space to be heard. That isn't the case here.

The rest of your response is reasonable, even if I disagree with much of it.

I'll only add that I think that your characterization of the people arguing "opposite" points to yours is a caricature. In general, but especially if meant to be applied to people here.

Edited by Ames, 14 August 2021 - 10:10 PM.

• Well Written x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • dislike x 1

#299 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:07 PM

Well thank you but it's hardly rocket science is it ;)

Wow. Gonna be an interesting next couple of flu seasons
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#300 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:46 PM

To summarize post #298 strategy tactic used by one side of the "debate", into two words:

"Kafka trap"

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users