NAC for Crohns Disease

inflammation crohns disease nac n-acetylcysteine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yours Truly

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:04 PM

My wife has Crohn's disease and we've been looking into any kind of supplements that might help her with the pain and inflammation.
I found this study

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/23110331/

And I see this "One of the AA-induced colitis groups and one of the control groups were administered NAC (500 mg/kg/day) intrarectally"

500mg/kg is a massive dose, and an equivalent for her weight would be pretty much impossible, but it was also administered intrarectally. Is there any information anyone has on NAC dosages for inflammation for orally administered? Or some kind of way to figure out an approximate substitute dose for orally compared to what they did in the study?

She is taking a 'normal' NAC dose daily along with a few other supplements and I'm looking for any/all information I can find about IBD/Crohns/Colitis to try to get her on an optimal stack.

#2 Qowpel

• 355 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:12 PM

I hope she can continue getting it. It is getting banned as a supplement by the FDA

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inflammation, crohns disease, nac, n-acetylcysteine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users