• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Regarding the vaccines, I think this is a question we All should be asking as members of a longevity-promoting website.

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
1962 replies to this topic

#31 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 07:28 AM

Walter Chestnut, spike protein inhibits cleanup of viral debris resulting in auto-immune - link

"COVID-19 IS FIRST AND FOREMOST A DISEASE OF EXTRACELLULAR DNA (ecDNA) AND ITS IMPAIRED REMOVAL! THIS IS WHY COVID PATIENTS RESEMBLE BURN AND BRAIN INJURY VICTIMS!"

"(NOT CLEARING THEIR FREE-ROAMING DNA) ALMOST CERTAINLY GUARANTEES THE DEVELOPMENT OF AUTOANTIBODIES. We must determine IMMEDIATELY if the spike protein is responsible for the downregulation of DNase as severe cases show a TEN FOLD decrease in DNase activity. I, however, am ALMOST CERTAIN that the Spike Protein is causing this due to the TRAUMA that it inflicts."

"ALL SPIKE PROTEIN THERAPIES MUST BE PAUSED PENDING A REVIEW AND EXAMINATION OF THIS MECHANISM."

• Informative x 3

#32 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 07:31 AM

Dr. Ryan Cole discusses an uptick in cancers in this video - link

This only applies to Pfizer and Moderna

Edited by Gal220, 03 October 2021 - 07:32 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#33 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:43 PM

Dr. Ryan Cole discusses an uptick in cancers in this video - link

This only applies to Pfizer and Moderna

Cole is a notorious anti-vaxer with an anti-vax agenda.  There is no proof to his wild ravings:

https://healthfeedba...-immune-system/

• Agree x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#34 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:42 PM

I just came across this video about a report by JAIC Project Salus (Department of Defense), and thought that the smart people here might find it interesting and useful.

It's about data collected about fully vaccinated people over 65 and Covid19 cases, and it shows that the majority of Covid19 hospitalizations have been fully vaccinated people.

What do you make of it? I'd love to hear your opinions about the data presented.

You have to take into account what percentage of the population is vaccinated as you look at the numbers. The overwhelming majority in this study population was vaccinated, so even though the majority of infections and hospitalizations were among vaccinated people, vaccination did reduce the rate of infection and hospitalization.

The slide at 0:31: 80% vaccinated population, 71% of cases are fully vaccinated. If the vaccines did not work at all, then 80% of cases would be vaccinated. The mirror image is that the 20% of the population that is unvaccinated accounts for 29% of cases.

The slide at 0:55: 80% vaccinated population, 60% of hospitalizations are fully vaccinated. If the vaccines did not work at all, then 80% of hospitalizations would be vaccinated. The mirror image is that the 20% of the population that is unvaccinated accounts for 40% of hospitalizations.

So, that vaccines do not work as well as we would like them to. These numbers are a far cry from the >90% protection against infection or hospitalization that was reported in the phase 3 trials. But it is misleading to simply point out that the majority of hospitalization are fully vaccinated.

• Good Point x 3
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#35 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:27 AM

Here's a new report from the U.K.

https://assets.publi...t_-_week_39.pdf

78% of Covid-19 deaths among Vaccinated, 47% rise in teen deaths since they had the Vaccine.

The new UK Health Security Agency released a report on Thursday September 30th entitled ‘Vaccine Surveillance Report – Week 39‘, and within it they have published the number of alleged Covid-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths from week 35 to week 38 of 2021, by vaccination status.

The number of unvaccinated people admitted to hospital with Covid-19 during this time was 2,922. The number of partly vaccinated people admitted to hospital was 356, and the number of fully vaccinated people admitted to hospital was 4,378.
This means that during September 2021 the unvaccinated accounted for just 38% of hospitalisations due to Covid-19, whilst the vaccinated accounted for 62%.

There were 687 deaths among the unvaccinated, 110 deaths among the partly vaccinated, and 2,338 deaths among the fully vaccinated.
This means that the unvaccinated account for just 22% of Covid-19 deaths during September 2021, whilst the vaccinated account for a disastrous 78%.

• Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#36 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:31 AM

Cole is a notorious anti-vaxer with an anti-vax agenda.  There is no proof to his wild ravings:

https://healthfeedba...-immune-system/

I wouldnt mind him being wrong, from his partner- link

"post second jab, T cells TANK- giving rise to infections and activation of latent opportunists, pathogens and cancers, as we are seeing clinically."

• Informative x 2

#37 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:36 AM

The slide at 0:31: 80% vaccinated population, 71% of cases are fully vaccinated. If the vaccines did not work at all, then 80% of cases would be vaccinated. The mirror image is that the 20% of the population thas unvaccinated accounts for 29% of cases.

Im not sure it is so cut and dry.  I imagine there is a higher number of seniors being hospitalized who are also probably more vaccinated.

One of the worst problems now is trusting data coming out, there is videos now of Drs conspiring to lie in zoom calls floating around.  sad times.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#38 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:04 AM

You have to take into account what percentage of the population is vaccinated as you look at the numbers. The overwhelming majority in this study population was vaccinated, so even though the majority of infections and hospitalizations were among vaccinated people, vaccination did reduce the rate of infection and hospitalization.

You're talking about percentages and rates. I see actual numbers of people dead.

By your view, it should not be too concerning if, for example, 2,000 people die of arsenic poisoning in a town with a population of 200,000 because they “only” represent 1% of the population. But if during the same week, 500 people die of strychnine poisoning in the tiny neighboring town with a population of 5,000, then authorities should start an investigation immediately because the 500 dead represent 10% of the population. Don’t worry about why those 2,000 people died in the other town.

My goodness!

Shouldn’t we be concerned that during the same time-span of about one month 2,448 vaccinated people died, as opposed to 687 unvaccinated?  And this is in just one month in one country. I shudder to think what the worldwide numbers are going to be in a month or two.

What I see is actual numbers of people, REAL PEOPLE who are dying, the great majority of them fully-vaccinated.   

So sad....

• Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#39 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:20 AM

I wouldnt mind him being wrong, from his partner- link

"post second jab, T cells TANK- giving rise to infections and activation of latent opportunists, pathogens and cancers, as we are seeing clinically."

Where is the evidence that "T cells-Tank"? There is none. It's all manufactured drama.

https://apnews.com/a...ng-823830789386

• Ill informed x 3
  • Agree x 2

#40 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:16 AM

Interesting thread on Gallbladder, first time hearing this.  Some comments mention Spleen and Kidneys also - Link

"Second person I know who was double-jabbed, then two months later began experiencing severe abdominal pain that has led to gallbladder removal. First person was in his early 60s. Second one? Mid-20s. Is this normal?"

"Spleens and gallbladders taking a beating with the jab!"

• Informative x 3
  • WellResearched x 1

#41 Lady4T

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:17 AM

With Englisch translation:

https://rumble.com/e...dvqd/?pub=om90m

OMG. This is shocking. Has this been confirmed?

"Non-declared substances in the vaccine."   :|o

Edited by Lady4T, 04 October 2021 - 05:24 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#42 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:57 PM

More from Chestnut - link

"The Spike Protein mimics Hepcidin and acts as an "Insulin Spike" for Iron. It is causing "Iron Diabetes."

"COVID-19 AND “IRON DIABETES”: HEART FAILURE, MALE INFERTILITY AND THE DYNAMICS OF INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SPIKE PROTEIN EXPOSURE"

• Good Point x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#43 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:37 PM

Im not sure it is so cut and dry.  I imagine there is a higher number of seniors being hospitalized who are also probably more vaccinated.

One of the worst problems now is trusting data coming out, there is videos now of Drs conspiring to lie in zoom calls floating around.  sad times.

The data set is entirely people over 65. "Probably more vaccinated" doesn't enter into it. They were 80% vaccinated.

The source is the Department of Defense. I would hope that means we can trust the data, but then, you never know.

• Good Point x 1

#44 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:55 PM

I am curious, you seem very suspicious of mainstream science on COVID but are uncritically accepting of Chestnut, Cole etc and fringe ideas. How do you reconcile that? There seems to be a disconnect there, not just by you but by others as well. I have trouble wrapping my head around that (actually I have trouble wrapping my head around lots of stuff these days).

Edited by geo12the, 04 October 2021 - 03:56 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#45 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:41 PM

You're talking about percentages and rates. I see actual numbers of people dead.

What I see is actual numbers of people, REAL PEOPLE who are dying, the great majority of them fully-vaccinated.   

So sad....

Of course it is tragic that so many people are dying. The question is what to do about it. To answer that question, we have to look closely at the data to determine what is working and what is not. That necessarily involves looking at percentages and rates. This data set shows that despite the high numbers of breakthrough infections, people over 65 are more likely to avoid hospitalization and death if they are vaccinated. But the advantage is not nearly as great as it would be if the vaccines were working as well now as they did when they were first tested. It seems that as time goes by, the advantage of vaccination becomes less and less.

I did not make it clear that I don’t think this is acceptable, or that we should not worry about vaccinated people dying. On the contrary, analysis like this should help policy makers and individuals make good decisions. As far as policy is concerned, I don’t think that “more of the same” is what we should be doing.

• like x 2

#46 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:03 PM

Here's a new report from the U.K.

https://assets.publi...t_-_week_39.pdf

78% of Covid-19 deaths among Vaccinated, 47% rise in teen deaths since they had the Vaccine.

The new UK Health Security Agency released a report on Thursday September 30th entitled ‘Vaccine Surveillance Report – Week 39‘, and within it they have published the number of alleged Covid-19 cases, hospitalisations, and deaths from week 35 to week 38 of 2021, by vaccination status.

The number of unvaccinated people admitted to hospital with Covid-19 during this time was 2,922. The number of partly vaccinated people admitted to hospital was 356, and the number of fully vaccinated people admitted to hospital was 4,378.
This means that during September 2021 the unvaccinated accounted for just 38% of hospitalisations due to Covid-19, whilst the vaccinated accounted for 62%.

There were 687 deaths among the unvaccinated, 110 deaths among the partly vaccinated, and 2,338 deaths among the fully vaccinated.
This means that the unvaccinated account for just 22% of Covid-19 deaths during September 2021, whilst the vaccinated account for a disastrous 78%.

This report has some data that helps compare the outcomes in different groups on an equal basis.

Table 2, righthand two columns; cases per 100,000. Vaccination is failing to protect against infection in 40+ age groups, but does seem to protect in younger people. The “Results” section mentions some vague reasons why these results might be due to factors other than vaccine efficacy against infection. Nevertheless, the numbers speak against the argument that people should get vaccinated to prevent infections.

Table 3: righthand two columns; visits to emergency care per 100,000. Vaccination is clearly preventing visits to emergency care in all age groups.

Table 4: righthand two columns; deaths per 100,000. Vaccination is clearly preventing deaths in all age groups.

Figure 2. Same data as in the tables in graphic form.

The cited2,338 deaths among the fully vaccinated” is derived by adding up all of the numbers in the third column from the right in table 4a. Of course this raw number is higher than the 667 deaths among the unvaccinated. But if vaccinated people were dying at the same rate as the unvaccinated, then the number of deaths in the vaccinated group would have been far higher. You can’t compare the totals, but just look at one age group from table 4a as an example. I’ll pick the 40-49 age group from the middle of the table. The unvaccinated died at a much higher rate than vaccinated (3.1 vs 0.5 per 100,00). 30 vaccinated people died, but if if the vaccinated were dying at the same rate as the unvaccinated, instead of 30 deaths, there would have been 196 deaths (3.1/0.5 x 30). So, while it is tragic that anyone died, the data indicates that vaccination prevented 154 deaths in that group. Do the same calculation with the other age groups—you will see that I am not cherry picking.

Edited by DanCG, 04 October 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#47 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:22 PM

I am curious, you seem very suspicious of mainstream science on COVID but are uncritically accepting of Chestnut, Cole etc and fringe ideas. How do you reconcile that? There seems to be a disconnect there, not just by you but by others as well. I have trouble wrapping my head around that (actually I have trouble wrapping my head around lots of stuff these days).

I do wish there were more people looking into it, we are just now getting some autopsy resports, but little mainstream reporting - link

Early on in the pandemic, the Astra Zeneca VTT was subjected to all kinds of propaganda.  I heard everything from its less than background, to AZ causing less VTT than normal, to outright denials.

However, 2 separate groups(why wasnt there more?) investigated it and came to a conclusion in days that the Vax had caused clots.  But still there was all kinds of debate to 1 in a million to 1 in 50,000 for occurrences. - link

The WHO was very disparaging in these groups looking into the matter and giving their opinions.  The entire episode was a good teaching moment for exactly whats going on in terms of data being manipulated and messaging.

I also think there are possible solutions like proteolytic enzymes that could help clean up the blood and stop some of  these side effects.  Its concerning to me to that medical science in 2021 cant offer a solution to blood clotting with these vaccines. YET they tell us they can easily resolve these clots if you manage to make it to the ER before dying...

All we can do is keep an eye on Chestnut and Cole.  If you know of others checking into data, please post them.  Here is some info I came across on Myocarditis recently, Moderna vs Pfizer - link1, link2

Hopefully the cancer concerns are misplaced, but its something to keep an eye on.

Edited by Gal220, 04 October 2021 - 07:26 PM.

• WellResearched x 3
  • like x 1

#48 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:36 PM

The source is the Department of Defense. I would hope that means we can trust the data, but then, you never know.

Hopefully this gets addressed at some point, I think all hospital reporting should filter through multiple 3rd party companies as well as the health agencies.

Preferably have the process automated, so if someone checks into a hospital, the report is auto generated.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#49 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 08:24 PM

So, while it is tragic that anyone died, the data indicates that vaccination prevented 154 deaths in that group. 

Typos noticed too late to edit:

The unvaccinated died at a much higher rate than vaccinated (3.1 vs 0.5 per 100,000).

the data indicates that vaccination prevented 154 166 deaths in that group.

Edited by DanCG, 04 October 2021 - 08:38 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#50 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:30 AM

Where is the evidence that "T cells-Tank"? There is none. It's all manufactured drama.

https://apnews.com/a...ng-823830789386

This article places a lot of emphasis on the fact that the vaccines produce a strong T cell response against the virus. That is not disputed. The question is what is happening to T cell responses to other pathogens. For example, this paper reports a higher incidence of herpes zoster reactivation after the mRNA COVID vaccines as compared to other vaccines such as hepatitis A, rabies, and influenza. That reference cites this earlier paper which also reports herpes zoster reactivation after the mRNA COVID vaccines. This paper attempts to explain the results as follows:

Reactivation of VZV is a failure of the T cell compartment to maintain control of the infection.  This is supposed to occur more frequently with increasing age due to adaptive immunosenescence .... On the other hand, a vaccine strongly stimulates the immune system and polarizes it to a vaccine-induced T cell response….Vaccine-induced reactivation of HZ may have similarities with immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS), which is a paradoxical worsening of preexisting infection unmasked by the host’s regained capacity to mount an inflammatory response following the initiation of ART [24]. We postulate that VZV-specific CD8+ cells are not, temporarily, capable of controlling VZV after a massive shift of naïve CD8+ cells to produce CD8+ cells specific to control HIV or VZV.”

The first reference stated it more clearly:

With regard to COVID-19 vaccines, it is postulated that, as a product of a massive shifting of naïve CD8+ cells, VZV-specific CD8+ cells are not temporarily capable of controlling VZV

So, Dr. Cole’s assertion that vaccinations are causing a suppression of immune control of other infections and cancer it is not a crazy idea without support. It may turn out to be wrong, but we can’t just dismiss it out of hand.

Edited by DanCG, 05 October 2021 - 12:42 AM.

• Informative x 3

#51 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 01:32 AM

I think anyone pondering this question should take this 100% serious news item into consideration.

• Good Point x 3

#52 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:39 AM

I think anyone pondering this question should take this 100% serious news item into consideration.

I hope you're being facetious rather than serious.

The Babylon Bee is satire much like The Onion.

From The Babylon Bee itself:

The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia...The_Babylon_Bee

The Babylon Bee is a conservative Christian news satire website that publishes satirical articles on topics including religion, politics, current events, and public figures. It has been referred to in the media as a Christianevangelical, or conservative version of The Onion.[1][2][3]

Edited by Hebbeh, 05 October 2021 - 02:42 AM.

• dislike x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#53 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:39 AM

This article places a lot of emphasis on the fact that the vaccines produce a strong T cell response against the virus. That is not disputed. The question is what is happening to T cell responses to other pathogens. For example, this paper reports a higher incidence of herpes zoster reactivation after the mRNA COVID vaccines as compared to other vaccines such as hepatitis A, rabies, and influenza. That reference cites this earlier paper which also reports herpes zoster reactivation after the mRNA COVID vaccines. This paper attempts to explain the results as follows:

Reactivation of VZV is a failure of the T cell compartment to maintain control of the infection.  This is supposed to occur more frequently with increasing age due to adaptive immunosenescence .... On the other hand, a vaccine strongly stimulates the immune system and polarizes it to a vaccine-induced T cell response….Vaccine-induced reactivation of HZ may have similarities with immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS), which is a paradoxical worsening of preexisting infection unmasked by the host’s regained capacity to mount an inflammatory response following the initiation of ART [24]. We postulate that VZV-specific CD8+ cells are not, temporarily, capable of controlling VZV after a massive shift of naïve CD8+ cells to produce CD8+ cells specific to control HIV or VZV.”

The first reference stated it more clearly:

With regard to COVID-19 vaccines, it is postulated that, as a product of a massive shifting of naïve CD8+ cells, VZV-specific CD8+ cells are not temporarily capable of controlling VZV

So, Dr. Cole’s assertion that vaccinations are causing a suppression of immune control of other infections and cancer it is not a crazy idea without support. It may turn out to be wrong, but we can’t just dismiss it out of hand.

My understanding is that in people infected with herpes there can be occasional flare ups. The papers I have seen about COVID vaccines causing herpes like this paper have small numbers of patients:  " Our case report describes two adults developing herpes zoster after vaccination with tozinameran (the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA vaccine)." Honestly I have no idea how these papers even get published. There is an epidemic of horrible publications about the pandemic.  Bottom line is a certain % of the population has herpes and it flares up once in while. A flareup that coincides with vaccination does not mean it was caused by the vaccination. As summarized in this recent paper "causality has not yet been established". Based on what I have read, and I read the papers you cited, I don't think there is any evidence that the vaccines are reactivating herpes.  

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#54 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:29 PM

My understanding is that in people infected with herpes there can be occasional flare ups. The papers I have seen about COVID vaccines causing herpes like this paper have small numbers of patients:  " Our case report describes two adults developing herpes zoster after vaccination with tozinameran (the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA vaccine)." Honestly I have no idea how these papers even get published. There is an epidemic of horrible publications about the pandemic.  Bottom line is a certain % of the population has herpes and it flares up once in while. A flareup that coincides with vaccination does not mean it was caused by the vaccination. As summarized in this recent paper "causality has not yet been established". Based on what I have read, and I read the papers you cited, I don't think there is any evidence that the vaccines are reactivating herpes.  

Yes, the authors of the papers I linked acknowledged that the numbers are low and any apparent association between the vaccines and latent virus reactivation may turn out to be a fluke. Still, the incidence is higher with the mRNA vaccines than with other types of vaccine that have had wide distribution. My point is that scientists working in the field take seriously the notion that responses to the vaccines can take away from the T cell responses to other pathogens. It is not a proven theory, but a plausible one.

I would also note that this sort of thing is likely to be under reported. Looking back, I know of a case of shingles that occurred shortly after vaccination. At the time nobody even considered that there might be a connection. It just never entered the conversation. All events are supposed to be reported to VAERS but they are not.

• Good Point x 2

#55 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 12:49 PM

I hope you're being facetious rather than serious.

The Babylon Bee is satire much like The Onion.

From The Babylon Bee itself:

The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire.

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia...The_Babylon_Bee

The Babylon Bee is a conservative Christian news satire website that publishes satirical articles on topics including religion, politics, current events, and public figures. It has been referred to in the media as a Christianevangelical, or conservative version of The Onion.[1][2][3]

I have a tendency to overestimate other people’s ability to recognize and appreciate satire or sarcasm. It was obvious to me.

The beauty of good satire is its relationship to an underlying truth. The words attributed to the fictitious doctor in the article were actually close to something a reasonable person might say in real life. Of course, the fictitious CDC response is over the top, but it gives an exaggerated and humorous view of what the actual CDC policy looks and feels like.

Edited by DanCG, 05 October 2021 - 01:03 PM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#56 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

Unlike in person when having a discussion with individuals familiar with each other, sarcasm on the internet is not always a given especially in today's world and in particular with the discussion at hand.

And rest assured that some percentage of individuals in regards to this topic will and have taken these type of articles as fact and regurgitated them on social media until they take on a life of their own much as you have done here.

And to use satire as anything other than entertainment value in an attempt to justify a position is disingenuous at best. To the contrary, satire has no basis in fact by definition.

I have a tendency to overestimate other people’s ability to recognize and appreciate satire or sarcasm. It was obvious to me.

The beauty of good satire is its relationship to an underlying truth. The words attributed to the fictitious doctor in the article were actually close to something a reasonable person might say in real life. Of course, the fictitious CDC response is over the top, but it gives an exaggerated and humorous view of what the actual CDC policy looks and feels like.

Edited by Hebbeh, 05 October 2021 - 02:05 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1

#57 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:29 PM

To my point in regards to the issue of trying to refer to satire in a serious and apparently divisive discussion, I see my initial response has garnered a "dislike" rating  :-D  which I believe proves my point that at least 1 person must believe that the article is factual and dislikes my having pointed out that The Babylon Bee is satirical "fake news".

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#58 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 06:57 PM

The Babylon Bee is satirical "fake news".

..if only it wouldn't be true that doctors who investigate and speak out about vaccine adverse events, deaths, and alternative out-patient care (they found mostly work in their patient population) wouldn't be bullied, silenced or even tried to have their medical licence removed.

Edited by pamojja, 05 October 2021 - 06:58 PM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#59 DanCG

• 237 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:45 PM

Unlike in person when having a discussion with individuals familiar with each other, sarcasm on the internet is not always a given especially in today's world and in particular with the discussion at hand.

And rest assured that some percentage of individuals in regards to this topic will and have taken these type of articles as fact and regurgitated them on social media until they take on a life of their own much as you have done here.

And to use satire as anything other than entertainment value in an attempt to justify a position is disingenuous at best. To the contrary, satire has no basis in fact by definition.

Your first point is well taken. I will keep that in mind. 

As to your second point: From time to time we hear about someone who has taken an article from the Bee or the Onion seriously. Snopes is notorious for putting a lot of effort into "debunking" the obvious satire of the Bee.  When people do this, they are justifiably ridiculed and they are embarrassed when they learn what happened. This is also related to your next post. I doubt you received negative evaluation because people were disappointed to learn that the Bee is satire. Instead, I suspect that some people don't see much value in pointing out that obvious, self-identified satire, is in fact satire.

As to your third point: My main purpose for posting the link was for entertainment value. It seems like that should be obvious. I certainly did not expect geo12the (who posed the question to which I was responding) to read the Bee article and come back saying, "Oh, I see your point now. That's better". On the other hand, seeing a train of thought carried to an absurd conclusion, as in parody, might actually spur some introspection as to how certain points of view are perceived by others. People are offended by the Bee because it hits too close to home. Methinks he doth protest too much.

• Well Written x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#60 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:31 PM

"California Physician & Whistleblower"

"Patricia Lee, an ICU physician, and surgeon who has had the unfortunate experience of treating many COVID-19 vaccine-injured patients. In the letter addressed to the FDA, CBER Director Dr. Peter Marks, CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force Deputy Director Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, and the law firm’s Managing Partner, Aaron Siri, raised attention to serious claims. Specifically, they stated that both critical public health-related agencies are ignoring pleas from Dr. Patricia Lee to investigate the catastrophic effects of the COVID-19 vaccines on some of her patients. In the 15 years Dr. Lee has practiced medicine she has never seen the level of adverse events she now observes with the COVID-19 vaccines."

"Reporting serious and often fatal injuries to the agencies, the whistleblower doctor detailed many adverse events including transverse myelitis leading to quadriplegia, pneumocystis pneumonia, multi-system organ failure, cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, postpartum ..."

Safe and effective...

• Informative x 4
  • Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users