Heart flutters and Intermittent Fasting

heart flutters ectopic heartbeats fasting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rosanna

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:48 AM

I would appreciate people's thoughts on this.  

A few years back I was getting a lot of heart skips, I noticed that skipping meals brought them on.  I had a battery of tests, a stress echocardiogram and told everything was normal.  

However I still get issues when I skip meals, which leads me to tonight.  I've just had fluttering in the chest, what bugged me is that it did it 3 times (which always makes me think it won't stop or won't right itself).  I've been told not to worry about this by a cardiologist (though of course I've been told what to look out for).  It bugs me every time.  I think it's because I fasted for most of the day and ate at 7pm, I also went on a very long walk today, so there were two things combined.

Does anyone else get this with fasting at all?  I normally skip breakfast and eat by 3pm, but it was nearly 7pm.  I'm just wondering what can be done to try to prevent it, because when I'm fasting and exercising my body copes fine, but there's often a delayed after effect like this which puts me off keeping it up.  It makes me think the heart used up reserves during the fasting and exercise but then is irritable and depleted afterwards.

Any ideas or suggestions.  I think I need to remind myself that just because I feel fine while fasting, I may get an after effect and so to keep it a shorter time.  I was rushing around doing stuff today and because I felt fine I got over confident perhaps.

#2 Rosanna

• Topic Starter
  • 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:55 AM

I could add to this that one job I was in some time back, we'd go until 3pm before lunch and lots of walking about, I was constantly exhausted and when I got home and was cooking the evening meal my heart would be doing somersaults.  I was fit and healthy otherwise and did a lot of strenuous exercise.  

I wonder is this hormesis at work, or (as I perceive it) danger.  I know no one can answer that, I just wanted to hear other's thinking on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users