• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

To take DL-Malic acid or Green Apples (pure L-Malate)? concern about D-Malate and Fructose....

fibromylagia aspartic acid citric acid cycle oxaloacetate tca cycle krebs cycle malate malic acid magnesium malate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Omid

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:27 PM

Hi.

I have a plethora of health issues which make no sense, latest diagnosis is Fibromylagia and IIH which makes doctors laugh at me as I'm male (particularly the IIH (Idiopathic intracranial hypertension). Basically no treatment for me as me having no uterus makes doctor dismissing both of these actually fully confirmed diagnoses.

I did a cheap whole blood amino acids test recently, because I expected to have Hartnup disease (based on Genetic data from Dante Labs), which I quite obviously don't (however B3 helps tremendously and I'm not going to stop it because I don't care).

All amino acid but Aspartic acid levels were perfectly fine, I did expect tryptophan to be low (hartnup) or many being rather low (I have had massive issues with my guts very often) but this makes little sense.

All of them are either in the middle of the normal range or higher. Glycine is on the low side but still in normal range.

BUT Aspartic acid is low (24 nmol/ml, range 29-162 nmol/ml).

This makes little sense and I could not find anything causing this. Aspartic acid is quite non-essential and can be made from many other things like oxcaloacetate and I think also asparagine (not sure).

I had done a little bit of research in the past on possible "treatments"  for my fibromyalgia and Malic acid seems like an option there.

Funny enough, aspartic acid is made from Oxalocatate and that is made from malic acid.

I had some success with Malic acid (the cheap stuff DL-Malic acid) but I was a bit concerened about it being placebo. Now with all this low aspartic acid level thing and getting the fibromylalgia diagnosis again from a different doctor without even asking I am giving it a try.

Loads of apple juice OR 2-3 x 800 mg malic acid have consistently done the job of keeping me pain free and sane since a couple of days.

I'm just a bit concerned about the D-Malic acid contained in my DL-Malic acid (which is not natural). Also I'm concerned about the loads of Fructose int the apple I'm eating and drinking. I've had bad fatty liver in the past, which was probably related in eating too much sweet fruit.

Which one would you take? both work equaly good and I don't have access to acutal l-Malic acid (and if I had, it could be just rebranded DL-Malic acid for much more $ (scam) as I don't think it would taste any differend)

Basically I'm more inclined to the food grade Malic acid. Unless there is some really bad stuff going on with the D-Malic acid Im not aware of in the DL-Malic acid.

Edit: Also I had mild psychosis like symptoms + restlessness occasionally that are also corrected with apple(juice) or malic acid. As Aspartic acid is a weak agonist of the NMDA receptors and NMDA hypofuction is the latest theory of psychosis, I really think I'm up to something.

Thanks for reading. There are two attachment on the pathways I mentioned.

Here are the sources for those (which I haven't read all those, my point is the pathways).

https://en.wikipedia...tric_acid_cycle

http://david-bender....shuttles10.html

Edited by Omid, 24 October 2021 - 05:35 PM.

#2 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:26 PM

Loads of apple juice OR 2-3 x 800 mg malic acid have consistently done the job of keeping me pain free and sane since a couple of days.

I get about the same amount of malic acid from taking Citrulline malate and Magnesium malate since 13 years. Can't report any negative. Except that I can't take much before sleep, or it will be disturbed.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Omid

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:43 PM

I get about the same amount of malic acid from taking Citrulline malate and Magnesium malate since 13 years. Can't report any negative. Except that I can't take much before sleep, or it will be disturbed.

Thank you. I am almost sure those contain (or are made using) DL-Malic acid. So kind of answers my question in this ways: DL-Malic acid is kind of safe sort of. Or at least that's my line of reasoning.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fibromylagia, aspartic acid, citric acid cycle, oxaloacetate, tca cycle, krebs cycle, malate, malic acid, magnesium malate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users