Can K2-4 Inprove short term Memory?

memory

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DougClean

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2021 - 11:16 AM

While I was doing a deep deep dive into whether or not K2 can clean plaque out of your arteries I ran into this reply on Youtube.

I love it when somebody who seems smart is pissed off because the rest of us cant see the obvious that K2-4 improves memory.

Honestly I never thought to ask the question does K2-4 improve short term memory?

At 58 years old my memory sucks and I have never looked into the fact that that K2-4 might be responsible for short term memory loss?

So here is his rant....

Fred Bach...

Your ignorance is typical of many who sell K2-7. I admire your information about K2-7. But you are so far behind about K2-4. It restored my short term memory so I could again read and remember new music. Not being able to remember what one reads is a big problem for a professional musician.

My wife and I did the experiment 3 times. Each time I was taken off K2-4 my short term memory went bad and the brain fog returned. I could even feel where the fog was. It was in the hippo campus area. My a family doctor had a smile a mile wide when we told him the good news, and he wanted us to write a paper on it. But I had learned that the Life Extension Foundation already knew about it since 2012 so I said I'd just tell everybody instead. As it happens we have the genes to make K2-4 and only K2-4. So you might excavate critical need for those conserved genes which didn't work so well after my medical treatment history. K2-4 has a very short half-life in the body -about 3 hours or less, compared touch longer for other vitamin K's.

Researchers were wondering why, so in 2015 I told them it was a fundamental brain nutrient, because I already knew. A year or so later NIH had a paper that showed K2-4 was indeed a fundamental brain nutrient. It seems ubiquitous in the brain fluid and it supports both white and grey matter structural integrity, and it doubles for CoQ10 in the brain. Some neurons prefer it. I have a LOT more to say, but you can do your own research into K2-4 and the brain.

As my short term memory was getting worse and worse after cancer treatment and open heart surgery I had been taking scads of K2-7. It did NOTHING for my memory. But 60 micro-grams of K2-4 3 times day made a MIRACULOUS difference.

So never believe anybody who tells you that if you take K2-7 you don't need any K2-4. It is a BLOODY LIE invented by sellers of K2-7

Like I say, I have a lot more to say. I suggest you do a deep dive into K2-4 and the brain. My prediction that it was a fundamental brain nutrient was bang on the money as backed up by further research. Go look it up. And make a new video.

This one was a nice beginning, but incomplete. And for decency's sake you should list off the foods rich in various K2's. Norwegian Jarlsburg cheese and Swiss Elemental are particularly good, as are European Gouda and Brie. Of course they are also found in grass-fed beef and free-range eggs. And in fermented vegetables like sauerkraut and kimchee and natto. Not in beer, but possibly in some yogurts.

Maybe. The Canadian Blue Cow people are promoters of Canadian cheeses without all the bad chemicals from USA cheeses, but they would NOT inform me of the K2 levels in our cheeses. I can only assume that they are lower than in European cheeses. I wish you the very best in your further research. Please carry it out and do a new video. Thanks. Incidentally I've been in science for about 60 years.

Nice Rant but is it true?

Doug Clean

Edited by DougClean, 25 October 2021 - 11:18 AM.

#2 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:27 AM

I have never felt any improvement in my memory from K2 consumption.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 DougClean

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:07 AM

I have never felt any improvement in my memory from K2 consumption.

There's one strike against K2--4

Hope others chime in.

If you are taking K2-4 please post the amount that you are taking and Vitamin D amount.

Thanks guys

#4 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Google k2 cognition pubmed, in the last couple of years there has been a lot of work on this front and it is clear that long term use of vitamin k antagonist warfarin results in cognitive deficit. I'm a vego so I have little K2 in my diet (lots of K1 however). My body probably does enough conversion of K1->K2, combined with my healthy vego gut making additional k2 via fermentation I probably won't benefit from supplementing K2 is my guess. I think I have some in a draw somewhere so maybe opportunity for a future experiment. 

My wife has had a random deep vein thrombosis in the past and might need to be on blood thinners during pregnancy, so it's good to know this might be a problem for future babies and if we can control the risk a different way. 

Edit: All the studies are in elderly, where metabolism of K1-> K2 and or gut production of K2 could be impaired. I think the answer however is to just eat a diet rich in leafy greens and maybe some meat or natto. If your memory is failing increasing your K's might help, but something potentially stronger is a lutein/zeaxanthin supplement 20mg. You can get L/X from food but i've found it to be performance enhancing in supernatural (20mg) doses and there are studies backing memory improvements even in young people. As an older person you probably want to address sleep quality with a low dose melatonin 0.5mg 1-2 hours before bed. Gut health also strongly impacts sleep quality, a good way to achieve this is 1 eat your fruit n veggies, 2 titrate up inulin fibre supplement. Titrate because otherwise you will be super gassy. Vascular disease is another risk with age so consider a healthy diet rich in fruit and veg, ground up flax, all the good stuff. The plus side to being older is that there are so many things you can do to improve cognition that will actually work haha. 

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 26 October 2021 - 01:50 PM.

#5 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

There's one strike against K2--4

Hope others chime in.
If you are taking K2-4 please post the amount that you are taking and Vitamin D amount.
Thanks guys

I take daily:

Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)

1500 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4)

1000 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as trans menaquinone-7)

100 mcg

And 4,000 IU of D3.

With no evident cognitive benefits.

#6 DougClean

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2021 - 03:13 AM

I take daily:

Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)

1500 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4)

1000 mcg

Vitamin K2 (as trans menaquinone-7)

100 mcg

And 4,000 IU of D3.

With no evident cognitive benefits.

Hi William,

Do you have a bad memory?

I'm thinking this might only help if you have something that is making you memory bad? and could have little or no effect on healthy people.

Thanks for posting your treatment dosage.

PS; I read online that's lots of K1 can thicken your blood

Take care

• Ill informed x 1

#7 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 10:05 AM

Read the article here with all scientific references why vitmin K1 can't overclot the blood: https://www.k-vitami...-view-all&id=16

It could however override the anti-clotting medication warfarin, which works by vitamin-K antagonistic action.

Vitamin K is important to many body-systems. On above side you can find, beside the research about clotting, but also cardic, bone, kidney, cancer, diabetes, teeth and covid related.

Personally I find its that important, I would never antagonize with something repurposed from a rat-poison, like warfarin.

Edited by pamojja, 29 October 2021 - 10:06 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2021 - 01:30 PM

Hi William,
Do you have a bad memory?

I'm thinking this might only help if you have something that is making you memory bad? and could have little or no effect on healthy people.
Thanks for posting your treatment dosage.

Take care

Well, I subjectively think that my memory is bad, but I'm placed well above the mean according to testing. So I don't know what to say. It certainly has gotten worse, it was better some years ago.

I only recently added a formulation with K1 because it seemed effective at lowering all cause mortality in some study I read. Previous to that, I only took MK4.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users