Photo
- - - - -

New Slogan & Homepage Paragraph

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

• Lurker

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

indeed.

thats not to say we can't have a link to a supplement related feature on the front page

The environment strongly influences how the genome we have inherited is expressed. Nutrition is an environmental factor we can directly control and which can play an important role in healthspan and lifespan. Similarly, there are exist nootropics that may provide benefit in some individuals. One of the reasons, however, that reports of benefits are so conflicting has to do with individual genetic variation. Until we can understand how these differences can be determined it is difficult to suggest with confidence the efficacy of any nutritional program. This is why fora such as ours can be helpful by sharing experiences and building an anecdotal knowledge base that transcends the empirical studies that exist. Unfortunately, the LifeMirage/Unique Nutrition incident has proven there is also an inherent risk in abuse of such media but that should not be a reason not to promote and educate on the benefits of modulating the potential of our genome via nutritional interventions.

#152 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:21 AM

Other interventions are not fantasy.  They are in the developmental pipeline.  Some of us are working on various SENS and non sens related strategies as we speak

I know there is a lot more than SENS going on, dude. But Aubrey is attracting the eyes of other scientists, and he's successful getting into the media

#153 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:08 AM

Don: It is a complete misunderstanding to be engineering the memetics of this institute for Joe-6pack. And in this regard I completely disagree with Duke. He is 100% wrong about how ImmInst should be marketed.

Don, a good slogan works on techno-geeks too. Even if we are targetting joe-science instead of joe-6pack, we should give it our best effort. Why not be the science site with a little attitude? Why be boring?

#154 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

A bit late I guess, but ...

"For better and longer life, it's up to YOU"

#155 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

Even if we are targetting joe-science instead of joe-6pack, we should give it our best effort.

Why does it have to be someone named Joe? That seems a bit elitist to me. [tung]

#156 Matthias

• 851 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

1.) ImmInst.org - For Infinite Lifespans
2.) ImmInst.org - Advocacy & Research For Indefinite Lifespans
3.) ImmInst.org - Life Extension Community
4.) ImmInst.org - we are born to be alive

#157 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

That ROCKS!  I could print some of these out and distribute them around my school.  We should come up with some more alternatives.

Thanks bro! I have it printed on my gym t shirt :) I was just going for the overal eyecatching humour factor that would appeal to a lot of x files fans, to everyone else itd just be downright weird and something curious to check out.

#158 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

How about imminst - live longer

#159 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

That ROCKS!  I could print some of these out and distribute them around my school.  We should come up with some more alternatives.

Thanks bro! I have it printed on my gym t shirt :) I was just going for the overal eyecatching humour factor that would appeal to a lot of x files fans, to everyone else itd just be downright weird and something curious to check out.

I like it...

#160 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

1.) ImmInst.org - For Infinite Lifespans
2.) ImmInst.org - Advocacy & Research For Indefinite Lifespans
3.) ImmInst.org - Life Extension Community
4.) ImmInst.org - we are born to be alive

I guess there are two versions of this thread...I don't know why...

I like your number 3.

#161 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:47 AM

Slight confusion. Why just one slogan? You can rotate a number of them.

#162 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:10 AM

I like that idea too! Every time the site comes up, can't it come up differently based on some simple algorithm?

#163 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

We could have several slogans. I have nothing against that. The rotation could be weighted toward the most popular slogan.

#164 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:14 PM

We could rotate a cool header too, if someone could come up with a few.

#165 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

The world is all about change nowadays. Maybe a rotating slogan and super feature would make the site standout a little more. Maybe

Also, quadclops found a couple other websites that use the slogan "Life Without Limits". I think it could still be a good slogan here. It fits with our philosophy. However, I know some people would rather have something unique.

#166 quadclops

• 316 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

Speaking of which, what happened to the last few posts in that thread? They seem to have been snipped off. [huh]

#167 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Speaking of which, what happened to the last few posts in that thread?  They seem to have been snipped off.  [huh]

Look at the first post by Mind. He said he would delete any comments, it is supposed to be a vote only.

#168 quadclops

• 316 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

Oops. [wis]

#169 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

Don't you think it's a better idea to vote after we've finished the sharing ideas stage rather than split the topic off into a forum where others might have something substantial to contribute -- but can't vote or comment because they aren't paying -- and if they do, their comments are deleted? I just don't get it. Just because someone is a basic member should not stop them from being able to contribute. Some people just don't have the money, it's that simple.

Centurion's shirt is great! He can't vote though. I think it's a really bad message to offer people; pay us, then your voice will count, okay? Oh well.

Promotional poster

Posted Image

#170 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:10 AM

Adam, one problem with opening up important votes to basic members is that it leaves the voting process more open to fraud. The vote can be stacked with fake accounts. Someone could also do this with full members accounts but it would take a little cash...thus it is less likely.

#171 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, I agree with Mind. Also, there should be some advantages to being a full member to try and draw more people to be full members. (People complain sometimes that there aren't enough advantages already to entice people to become full members)

#172 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

I quite like my lastest t shirt. If I wasn't already involved with someone, this would be the kinda thing id wear at a bar as a great ice breaker.

very simple, intended for the back. The REFUSE TO DIE part being in the upper back, noticable due to the back being wider. Then the rest at the mid back.

Gonna wear this to the gym a few times. I get regularly asked about my clothes now. The girls at reception call me crazy t shirt man

PDF

#173 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Adam, one problem with opening up important votes to basic members is that it leaves the voting process more open to fraud. The vote can be stacked with fake accounts. Someone could also do this with full members accounts but it would take a little cash...thus it is less likely.

I certainly agree that the "full members/leadership" should be making the policy calls rather that a bunch of new accounts with what might be questionable motives.

I'm just trying to speak up for the "common" man like Centurion who might have trouble parting with 5 bucks due to a temporary budget constraint. Maybe there could be an honorary art work contribution membership for dudes like Centurion who work so hard to make such good art?

[thumb]

#174 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the kind words nootropikamil :) You're a great guy.
Sometimes I feel guilty, that I'm not doing enough for imminst, I definitely intend to get more involved somehow even though I don't have any scientific expertise. I intend to become a full member as soon as I manage to buy my soul back from barclaycard, probably within the next few days :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users