D.O.B: 21.10.1984
Started CR: March 2005
Pre-CR weight: 118.5lbs (bmi 18.5)
Final CR weight: 105.5lbs (bmi 16.5)
Height and frame: 5ft 7" - small frame
Level of CR: 1700k/cal

Posted Image
Age in photos 21 years 9 months

I started Calorie Restriction when I was 20, after reading a lot of information that is available on the net, I was convinced that it would work, and that I could possibly gain decades of extra life. I've always thought that I could get away with eating anything that I liked, and never gain weight... I have been slightly underweight and just above normal for most of my life. My parents used to take me to the doctors often because they were worried about how skinny I have been growing up. I took part in sports a lot so burned off all that extra junk food calories I ingested everyday, but I didn't exactly over eat either and mostly ate small meals, I couldnt believe how some people could eat a three course meal, I had trouble eating the main meal alone!!! - I literally lived on wholegrain cereals for much of my teens, I ued to eat as much as three bowls of cereal a day. Also ate a lot of baked beans, sometimes had white bread, chips (fries), crisps, sweets and fruit juices. I never went to fast food places that often, maybe once or twice a year.

Even though I never got to experience serious health effects of my diet, I realized that being thin isn't likely to protect me further into the future. Initially I just added a lot of foods with some raw vegetables and fruits, but still ate cakes, milk chocolate, white bread etc.. I still had yet to read walfords books at this point, I didn't track my weight either. So at least 4lbs of my weight loss was not recorded and I have no idea how fast I lost it, probably too fast! - - I must have eaten anywhere from 1500-1700 calories a day (probably closer to 1700 after trying to finding notes on food intake) for a while, this was too much of a restriction but couldn't have been in a serious calorie deficit, because I had never lost more than 1lb a week for months... and I was mainly sedentary during my CR.

After taking some tests everything was fine and my initial serious CR didn't cause any metabolic problems. See blood tests here http://www.matthewla...com/results.htm

I now make sure that my calories stay at 1700k/cal a day. Maybe someday in the future I will lower my calories as I get older, to 1500-1600... but not now as I do not want to lose any more weight. I also weigh all the food that I eat and track nutrient intake with DWIDP.

A typical CR day for me looks a bit like this:

Breakfast - Quaker Oats, Almonds, Walnuts, Banana, Blueberries, Whey Protein powder, Strawberries, Dark chocolate.

Snacks
- Strawberry low fat yoghurt, Almonds, AOR Essential Mix

Dinner - Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Carrots OR Sweet Potato, leeks, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Basil, Lemon Juice Salsa, Garlic, Green beans, Balsamic Vinegar, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Tomato sauce (reduced sugar and salt), Onions, Whey protein powder.

Salad - Spinach, Red Cabbage, Red Onion, Garlic, Balsamic Balsamic Vinegar, Tomatoes, Egg whites, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salsa, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Tomato sauce (reduced sugar and salt).

Snack - Apples, Blueberries

Salmon once every 2 weeks and chicken once a month.

Supplements - AOR Essential Mix, Zinc/Copper Balance (every other day), Zinc 15mg (on the day I don't take zn/cu balance), Green Tea Extract, Calcium/Vitamin D3 and Cod Liver Oil - 10ml 2 times a week

Will I reach a time when real anti aging therapies are developed to reverse aging?

Every kid and young adult seem to think they are immortal and do not foresee the consequences of aging because the effects take years to show up, I have decided to do CR to keep my young both outside and in. As I do CR, I expect in the future to look and feel significantly younger than my peers. At everystage in my life so far I have looked much younger than my age, I usually pass as a 15-16 years old, and I'm almost 22. I expect to keep myself looking young and feeling young for decades to come. I do not know how long it will take for real anti aging therapies to be developed, and I am taking no chances. Why start CR when the signs of aging have already appeared!

I am suprised that other pro life extentionist have not adopted CR, even though the evidence in mounting every year that it is highly effective in preventing diseases. None of us know if we will be the unlucky one and become ill early on in life and miss out on life extension tecnologies by decades. CR offers both protection from premature death to normalize life span, and possible decades of extra life if begun early in life.

I have always been an optimistic person, I sincerely believe CR will work, like Roy Walford said, You have to believe it is going to work to stay on the program, especially serious CR.

If in the unlikely event that CR does not work, then it may have at least prevented premature death and extended my vitality well into my senior years.

Edited by Matt, 19 July 2006 - 08:25 PM.

#2 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

Matt, my own experience with (short-term) CR is that you ACT and RESPOND so much more powerfully (intellectually and emotionally) to the world around you, - I suspect it's the #1 way to raise your dopamine levels in the brain, that is, you get an increased awareness, less lethargy, less sleep...
But cutting down on my calories, especially carbohydrates would leave me with restless nights, - I know I have a better grasp at things now so I'd be able to supplement my way to succesful CR!
That is, supplementing with nutrients, vitamins, minerals etc. to help converting my food intake to actual energy and elevate my serotonin levels during the day for peace with the lower food intake, - also to ensure the conversion to melatonin for a deep sleep at night. [thumb]

More than ever, I'm convinced that Caloric Restriction is the #1 choice one can actually take TODAY to slow aging of your brain and body and when done properly for the individual (CRON) even will enrichen life in the supernatural way. I've experienced the greatest moments and productivity in my life, when I've "been" on a lower caloric intake.[lol]
I'm working on balancing my food intake with my exercise routines, - I understand you have enough energy to actually exercise as well? ;)

BTW thanks! for your posts re: pushing CR on this board, - you'll be living proof that CR starting at a young age is the way to slow aging, - it's never too late though and you're one of many influential factors that'll contribute to a longer lifespan of mine I'm sure, - cheers! [thumb]

#3 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

Few questions Matt, most foods you mentioned were known "health foods" to me but not all:

Almonds, Walnuts

Any reason to prefer these say over to peanuts?

banana

I have been avoiding banana due to notion it's mostly "empty calories", do you have any particular reason for eating that? OTOH, I have usually trouble eating in the morning so banana could be an easy way to bring breakfast calories up.

Basil, Lemon Juice Salsa...black pepper, Tomato sauce (reduced sugar and salt)

Any reason to include these other than taste?

#4 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

Matt my friend,
I'd certainly not enjoy seeing you hospitalized............ a bmi of 16 for a 22 yrs old male is critical.......
and you continue to lose weigt. That is not good IMO...
You should add energy-intake to the point your weight stands at a dynamic balance (and thus you do not lose any more weight as a function of time).

#5 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:23 AM

Any reason to prefer these [walnuts and almonds] say over to peanuts?

Opales, I'm surprised at you. Firstly, let us consider the matter of fat. Walnuts have a favorable omega 3: omega 6 ratio. Almonds, while having less omega 3, are high in monounsaturated fat. Peanuts, on the other hand, contain arachidonic acid, lectins which induce heart disease when fed to rodents, and aflatoxin. They aren't even a real nut. Sheesh.

#6 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

Opales, I'm surprised at you. Firstly, let us consider the matter of fat. Walnuts have a favorable omega 3: omega 6 ratio. Almonds, while having less omega 3, are high in monounsaturated fat. Peanuts, on the other hand, contain arachidonic acid, lectins which induce heart disease when fed to rodents, and aflatoxin. They aren't even a real nut. Sheesh.

Let's not get carried away here, there have not been that much specific nut discussions here (not that I claim to be full diet expert or anything, I am more actually interested in the hard core science anyway). Anyway, most recommendations really do not separate between the types of nuts consumed, thus the question (especially as peanuts appear to be the cheapest nuts). For example the FDA has approved health claim for nuts, including peanuts (but excluding cashew, Brazil nuts and macadamias due to high saturated fat content). Note that the results are based on epidemiologies and clinical trials which in my opinion on some level overrides mechanistic logic.

http://www.peanut-in.../071503_PR.html

FDA Affirms Health Claim that a Handful of Peanuts Daily
May Help Keep the Heart Doctor Away

Albany, GA, July 15, 2003 -- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) affirmed a health claim that peanuts and other nuts may reduce the risk of heart disease when consumed daily in small amounts. This action is based on a large body of epidemiological and clinical studies showing a 25-50% reduction in the risk of heart disease when 1 to 2 ounces of peanuts or nuts are consumed 5 or more times a week.

Also, the below paper describes the effects of peanut consumption on CVD risk factors. Interestingly they do not attribute the health benefits solely to fat content, but possibly other factors too.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....9&dopt=Abstract

J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Apr;22(2):133-41.  Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    Peanut consumption improves indices of cardiovascular disease risk in healthy adults.

Alper CM, Mattes RD.

Department of Foods and Nutrition, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1264, USA.

BACKGROUND: Diets containing nuts reduce cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors. This has primarily been attributed to their fatty acid composition, but other constituents may also contribute. Peanuts, the most widely consumed "nut" (actually a legume), are a rich source of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), magnesium and folate, but their effects on CVD risk factors are poorly characterized. OBJECTIVE: This study determined the effects of chronic peanut consumption on diet composition as well as serum lipids, magnesium and homocysteine concentrations in free-living subjects under different conditions of peanut intake. DESIGN: Fifteen normolipidemic adults participated in a 30-week cross-over intervention. Subjects were provided 500 (+136) kcal as peanuts during an eight-week free feeding (FF) diet. The same amount of peanuts was added during a three-week addition (ADD) diet or replaced an equal amount of other fats in the diet during an eight-week substitution (SUB) diet. RESULTS: Energy intake from fat was increased through greater intake of MUFA and polyunsaturated fatty acids, while saturated fatty acid intake remained relatively stable under all conditions. Triacylglycerol (TAG) was reduced by 24% during ADD (p < 0.05), by 17% during SUB (p < 0.05) and by 14% during four-weeks of FF, but then rebounded to baseline by week 8. Dietary fiber, magnesium, folate, alpha tocopherol, copper and arginine increased during all treatments (p < 0.05). Serum magnesium increased in 13 of 15 subjects during FF (p < 0.05). No changes were found in total plasma homocysteine concentration. CONCLUSIONS: Regular peanut consumption lowers serum TAG, augments consumption of nutrients associated with reduced CVD risk and increases serum magnesium concentration.

#7 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Any reason to prefer these say over to peanuts?

Anytime I go near peanuts I feel like vomiting... When I accidentally ate something with peanuts in I started to gag, and some weird crap happened.

I

have been avoiding banana due to notion it's mostly "empty calories", do you have any particular reason for eating that? OTOH, I have usually trouble eating in the morning so banana could be an easy way to bring breakfast calories up.

I usually have the problem where I don't eat enough calories at the end of the day. So why not add a banana? I don't think I could handle another big plate of veggies, my stomach wont handle it! lol. I need some energy dense foods in there. And I like bananas.

Any reason to include these other than taste?

Turmeric has some good anti inflammatory effects, others I just use for taste...

#8 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

I'd certainly not enjoy seeing you hospitalized............

bmi of 16 for a 22 yrs old male is critical.......

My doctors would disagree with you, they think I am in excellent health. BMI of 16 is underweight, not seriously underweight. Having a BMI of 16.5 is not critical, if someone had an eating disorder and their BMI was 16 it would be classed as Stage 1 malnutrition. Stage 3 you get hospitalized... which I am far from.

and you continue to lose weigt. That is not good IMO...

Noway, I have no lost any weight since since early december! - my weight has been pretty much exactly the same every morning. No significant fluctuations at all.

You should add energy-intake to the point your weight stands at a dynamic balance (and thus you do not lose any more weight as a function of time)

I wont let myself lose any more weight. This was a decision I took 7 months ago and stuck to it. Anytime I start losing weight I will increase calories. My total weight loss was 13lbs, this little comparewd to most CRONies...

Edited by Matt, 27 July 2006 - 03:24 PM.

#9 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:32 PM

Going in for the following blood tests tomorrow.

Fasting Glucose
Basic metabolic panel
CBC
Liver function
Lipids panel
CRP
Fe

will be placed on here along with my previous results: http://www.matthewla...com/results.htm

Edited by Matt, 27 July 2006 - 12:58 PM.

#10 olaf.larsson

• 583 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

....even will enrichen life in the supernatural way. I've experienced the greatest moments and productivity in my life, when I've "been" on a lower caloric intake.

Could you please tell us more about it?
Do all peanuts contain aphlatoxin?

#11 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

I hope MR wouldn't mind :), when quoting one of his earlier posts regarding vitality and CR, as this is good stuff:

Still, if you want to talk VITALITY, I simply FEEL much, much better on CR than I have ever felt at any previous time in my life. With apologies for excruciting, non-quantifiable subjectivity: organically, in my body, the life force sometimes pulses like the joyous throb in an erection. For the first few months inthe Zone, I spent days, and sometimes entire weeks, in an alert state of afterglow, deliciously, lusciously relaxed and floating in pleasure; while this extreme state did fade, I know that my body never felt so ALIVE, so permeated by a sense of well-being, as it does now.

Especially when I can *remember* in school, as a kid, eating the Standard American Diet with its transfat and excessive (refined) carbohydrates, it's easy to compare CR's effects to the SAD's constant occupation of the body (I know I really do not *need* so many calories for survival, health and even peak cognitive performance), and experience and see the clear shift towards perceptible increased quality of life;

being totally anecdotal, I'd assert that at least in the beginning, CR would mimic the effect of a gentle dose of one of the 'racetams in terms of constructing an increased awareness and a sharpened perception of my surroundings the first few weeks, - and simply greater motivation and joy: I can channel the thought of WANTING (food) into WANTING meaningful actions and results in daily life for me, also without being burdened with hunger and misery, because when I follow an actual Calorie Restricted diet with Optimal Nutrition and even supplements, it's not like I'm being malnourished.
Eating with ones mind instead of ones feelings is so good stuff.

I can testify its effect, because for me the shift from 3000+ calories is awesome,
I have not tried it for more than one continuous month, - then I would up the carb calories again to fuel my exercising for instant gratification, but there's really NO excuse for making this clear shift for good. And the kicker: This "quality of life" is real, it's natural and completely coming from me inside...
*Enough of that drama already*

*/drama over*

#12 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

"I wont let myself lose any more weight. This was a decision I took 7 months ago and stuck to it. Anytime I start losing weight I will increase calories."

*relieved*

Excellent, Matt. Needed to hear that.

#13 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:49 AM

Let's not get carried away here, there have not been that much specific nut discussions here (not that I claim to be full diet expert or anything, I am more actually interested in the hard core science anyway).

Yeah, I guess I just assumed that since you post in in the ImmInst health forums you read as much health stuff as I do. Sorry about that.

Anyway, most recommendations really do not separate between the types of nuts consumed, thus the question (especially as peanuts appear to be the cheapest nuts). For example the FDA has approved health claim for nuts, including peanuts (but excluding cashew, Brazil nuts and macadamias due to high saturated fat content). Note that the results are based on epidemiologies and clinical trials which in my opinion on some level overrides mechanistic logic.

Yeah, I wonder that too. Since peanuts are often lumped in with nuts (even though they are a legume) I wonder if the true beneficial effect comes from the nuts consumed in the studies, and whether peanuts would have the same beneficial effect. The information I mentioned about lectins comes from The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain. I will post the study when I can.

Matt, your regimen looks pretty good. You have to decide for yourself what your caloric level will be. If you are feeling good, staying healthy and maintaining 1700 easily, don't change your caloric intake just for other people.

#14 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:57 AM

Well at 1700k/cal I never have to experience any real hunger... so its good :)

Managed to get through it all today without fanting :)

#15 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

Managed to get through it all today without fanting ;)

Do you mean fainting or farting? I experience a great deal of flatulence on the vegan diet I'm on and was wondering is this a typical problem.

#16 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:50 PM

lol... sorry I should have stated in my last post, I had my blood taken and never fainted ! And no I have no problems with gas or anything. I eat plenty of beans too :)

my results are here http://www.matthewla...com/results.htm

My cholesterol as now gone down to 109mg/dl, I was expecting it to go higher after increasing calories slightly and adding more fat to my diet. I've gotta get another blood test done again at the beginning of september, will get CRP done again because it was at 2mg/L, probably caused by sinus inflammation. Potassium was low-normal which was quite a concern... even though my potassium intake is always above 5g a day! - One of the problems could be too much stress causing very elevated cortisol over the last a few months.

#17 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

A few weeks ago I decided to gain some weight back, and get to 110 lbs... I've gained some weight since, family members are starting to notice and are saying that I look much healthier. psychologically it seems difficult to maintain such a low body weight, even though I was used to being skinny before. Having a bmi in the low 16's seems just too much for me personally. Within the next 2 months I hope to reach my new BMI 17.2. Still underweight, but hopefully will not attract as much attention. People only really started to worry and commenting when I went below 110 lbs, so this is my reason for this weight. It should also not require too many extra calories to mantain the new weight.

#18 robbie7

• 30 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:22 AM

Hi Matt,

First let me say thanks for putting your details up and sharing this experience with all - you've given us a reasonable amount of data to follow your progress, and C.R is a hot topic and makes perfect sense in my eyes - a car running cruising at 3000 rpms on the highway each day is going to last much longer than thrashing it at 6000 rpms. The theory goes that by only giving our body what it needs to do the job, it doesn't do any extra processing and therefore doesn't generate more free radicals than it needs.

You haven't mentioned much about vitamins/supplements - do you take a multi or a vitamin C? If not, especially on a C.R diet, you may be at risk of catching colds. You want to restrict your calories while still giving your body the nutrients it needs - kind of like a hydroponic plant! Also with a low BMI (assuming you don't have much fat on you) you may be at risk of hypothermia because of lack of insulation in the colder months.

One area I will highlight is the need for exercise, which I don't believe you've mentioned. You mention your weight/bmi but have neglected the % body fat which I believe is more important than BMI/weight itself. I am very fit, well toned and make an effort not to over-eat for my beliefs in C.R. Having said that, exercise requires fuel, which means my caloric intake would be higher than a sedentary person. Does this mean I will age more than that person? God no! I firmly believe exercise plays a *huge* part of any life extension program, as it promotes skin elasticity, bone strengthening, decreases the effort required for the heart to pump blood (increase in blood plasma vs. red blood cells), lowers resting heart rate and releases endorphins and growth hormones.

Just a general comment: I also believe in quality of life vs. duration - if you have no energy to do anything (ie. all you do is sit at home) then you might live longer, but the quality of your life isn't very high! Life is about a balance.

Questions for you:

Are you taking a multi-vitamin / vitamin C regularly?
What is your exercise regime, and what are your thoughts on this with regard to your C.R regime?
What is your resting heart rate (RHR), % of body fat (can use calipers to estimate) and blood pressure?
Why did you decide to cut out red meat (how are you ensuring you get enough B-12/iron in your diet)?

Please give us an update on where you are.

Thanks again for your contributions.
Rob

#19 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:21 AM

Damn man, you got that look, you look way younger than your age. I wish I had that. I sort of pull it off because I'm chubby so it's like a baby face but I'd look all old and ugly if I lost it :)

#20 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:19 AM

Sorry I didnt use quotes... for some reason they never showed up and not got much time

I take the following

Flax seed oil and 2 days a week cod liver oil/trio omega fish oil - 5ml
Essential mix 1/2 a dose
2000-5000 IU of vitamin D3 - higher dose in the winter.
Vitamin C 2000mg in the winter months
Methylcobalamin 5mg (new addition due to suspected low b12 levels... more below on this)
15mg zinc every other day

For the first half of my CR I seemed to be very resistant to colds flu and stomach viruses. Unfortunately this has changed recently because of possible mild b12 deficiency. Even though I was consuming 100% RDI from diet and 500% RDI from supplements. Possibly malabsorption of this particular vitamin for some reason. Although blood results are still pending and will post here with the results. It started after taking two antibiotics for a stubborn dental infection (which the tooth is now being extracted) that has gone on for way too long, 5 months in fact. During this time I've had a few viral infections. The antibiotics seem to have unmasked a *possible* b12 deficiency with slight tingling in the feet and hands. Haemotology reports looked normal, but might be due to very high folic acid intake. Or the metronidazole caused temporary PN. I don't know.... but symptoms are consistent with b12 deficiency =/ Possibly caused by SIBO but again, no idea yet and will post blood results at the end of the week.

i've survived many winters with a BMI of 18.5 (PRE CR). No problems...

I do Power yoga and 15 minutes every day running. Although not lately... will get back to it shortly.

will get a body fat measurement soon. Ideally i'd rather a bit more fat on me tbh.

I think that moderation is the key for most people. Just sticking to lower Caloric density foods would be worthwhile as even a modest reduction in calories could at least be quite effective in preventing disease.

I think that exercise is certainly important but from animal studies, it doesn't buy time like CR does. Although something when on with me because I look fairly young for my age. I played football or soccer as some call it for around 10 years at least 4 hours a day... some weekends around 10 hours over the park playing! So I must have been really insulin sensitive. And if you look at my blood results it shows because I had a fairly low non fasting glucose level, and a low fasting glucose test. Lower than I had on my last CR blood tests lol.

most CRers will tell you, they have amazing energy, more so than when they ate ad lib. My main concern is about reaching escape velocity, as I only have ONE chance to do it.

In the morning RHR around 45 bpm, during the day anywhere between 50-60 unless a hot girl I like walks by lol or i'm being chased :)

Haven't been a meat eater all my life. Rarely had it.... I would say I had red meat around 5 times a year or less. I hate the smell of it. Ferritin levels are normal, and b12 is questionable. Although I get enough of both from diet alone. That is my priority. Most of my teens I lived on around 3 bowel of wholegrain cereal a day... with snacks.

full update by the weekend!

Matt

Edited by Matt, 28 February 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#21 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:23 AM

Damn man, you got that look, you look way younger than your age. I wish I had that. I sort of pull it off because I'm chubby so it's like a baby face but I'd look all old and ugly if I lost it :)

All my fathers side, including him look around 10-15 years younger than their age. Their health is also very good and have low cholesterol, low bp, low heart rate and the rest of it. Possibly genetic, can't say :)

#22 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

This is me at 22 years of age

Posted Image

Still looking young ish, maybe the stress of medical school will age me ! lol

#23 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

No b12 deficiency. came back around 1100pg/ml. All other tests normal too but I don;t have the lab reports. Will be picking them up on monday.

• Lurker

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

"This is me at 22 years of age
Still looking young ish, maybe the stress of medical school will age me ! lol"

Uh, you are young. Post a picture after you get a job, a wife and a few kids! ;-)

#25 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Hey, Im in college from 9-3pm then work from 5pm to 8:30pm. So I am real busy.

Not planning on kids anytime soon though! lol

#26 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

Latest blood results are up

http://www.matthewla...com/results.htm

Lipids werent measured for some reason, the nurse might have missed them on my medical profile. So will get them done soon!

Viral infection I had a few weeks ago probably elevated my basophil count or antibiotics I just finished taking for 5-6 month dental infection I had! (tooth extracted now)

Edited by Matt, 05 March 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#27 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

More lab results up. I had to get that FBC done again to see what was going on.... basophils are back down but looks like i'm heading towards some kind of mild anemia. Seems common among CRers.

see latest results here: http://www.matthewla...com/results.htm

matt

#28 Zans Mihejevs

• 45 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

Salmon once every 2 weeks and chicken once a month.

Any specific health reason why you eat them at all? Or do you do it simply because you like the taste?

#29 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

24 years 2 month old
http://photos-e.ak.f...649244_8062.jpg
CR Weight: 110 lbs
Calorie intake 1700k/cal

I forgot about this thread, so what I'll do from here is post big updates every 6 months on what I've changed, my new blood results, my rational for taking what I do and why I don't take certain things. I'll use this for picture updates, all my stats and stuff. Any questiosn I can answer here too if you want to ask any about my CR. So before I start preparing my update I will post a picture of me before CR and after CR. Though at 19 I was still eaten healthy foods too, I must have dropped weight late 2004 so was CR'd before actually I did CRON. I think that in this particular photo I must have ate a pizza with lots of carbs or something, because my face wasn't usually that full lol.

Comparison pic

Before and after CR (19 vs 24 years of age)
http://2.bp.blogspot...19vs24small.jpg

Edited by Matt, 17 December 2008 - 12:19 AM.

#30 ozmonster

• 87 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

Matt, my own experience with (short-term) CR is that you ACT and RESPOND so much more powerfully (intellectually and emotionally) to the world around you, - I suspect it's the #1 way to raise your dopamine levels in the brain, that is, you get an increased awareness, less lethargy, less sleep...
[thumb]

This has been my exact experience as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users