Talking to ChatGPT AI about the FDA CDR Regulations... is eye opening

artificial inteligence fda cfr code of federal regulations nmn dshea

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 02:11 AM

I recently had the opportunity to interact with ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence (AI) tool developed by a company co-founded by Elon Musk. As I asked it a variety of questions, I was struck by its ability to provide detailed and accurate responses, particularly when it came to questions about the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). It was as if I were conversing with a legal expert who possessed an eidetic memory.

This AI has the potential to revolutionize the way we approach regulatory affairs, providing ordinary individuals with access to legal knowledge and expertise that was previously only available to professionals. The thought of being able to ask an AI for help navigating complex legal issues and regulations is truly exciting, and I can only imagine the impact it will have on the industry.

I also wanted to mention that I've been following the ongoing discussions with the FDA about NMN, which can be found here: https://www.longecit...-a-supplement/ and this prompted some of my questions.

If anyone has any additional screenshots or information to share on this topic regarding supplements, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Here are some questions I asked, since I have been thinking about the FDA regulations a lot lately, and wanted to know if the AI had this information.
I was pleasantly surprised.

If anyone has seen the TV series "Suits" with Mike Ross, the lawyer with the eidetic memory... yeah, it kind of felt like it can get to that point soon with AI. 

Quesion1: According to the CFR, if a component is part of an ingredient that is a dietary supplement, can the component be considered a dietary supplement as well?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 1.png   68.31KB   1 downloads

Question 2: Does the component that meets the definition per 21 CFR 101.3, need to also file an NDI or is it exempt as a component of an ingredient that is already in the food supply?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 2.png   61.86KB   0 downloads

Question 3: What section of the CFR states that it is exempt from NDI if the component must not have been marketed as a dietary supplement before October 15, 1994?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 3.png   41.07KB   0 downloads

Question 4: Does the CFR allow a concentrate of a food prior to October 15, 1994, to be marketed as a conventional food without any premarket notification?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 4.png   54.25KB   0 downloads

Question 5: If I do an extract of broccoli, where the concentrate is 80% niacin, can It be marketed as a food?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 5.png   55.64KB   0 downloads

Question 6: Is an ingredient that is GRAS "General Recognied As Safe" can be marketed as a food according the the CFR?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 6.png   50.18KB   0 downloads

Question 7: Can a GRAS ingredient be both a conventional food and at specific concentrations be also a drug?

Attached File  Chat-GPT-CFR 7.png   74.75KB   1 downloads

I think I will be spending lots of time with ChatGPT

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#2 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2023 - 12:47 AM

The FDA seems to just be banning stuff now without even changing laws or product classifications. Find racetams for sale from legit sources...good luck with that. On top of that they have forbid sellers to answer customer questions; you just get ignored completely.

They also seem to have this loop hole so you can't sell stuff that's considered a dietary supplement if it contains (things) as a dietary supplement, but if it does not contain (those things) it cannot be sold because you can only sell dietary supplements.

Pretty soon you will only be able to buy big pharma products from big pharma directly.

It's easier to buy street coke (or even wholesale coke online) than it is to source racetams now. NUTS!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 adamh

• 1,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2023 - 01:26 AM

I played around with it, it seems to have no actual intelligence, in my opinion. It seems only able to search and repeat data that is in its data base. That may be sufficient for your needs but I thought it would be super intelligent and have access to all known facts. Not even close, in fact they tell you upfront it does not search the net but it does come up with a lot of data so either the data base is large but not the whole internet or you just happened to select a topic it knows about

Its good for solving math problems, writing term papers, and certain types of research. Then again, I believe there are more powerful and capable versions of it. But let me give you a little example of my questions

I asked if the universe could be in a black hole since the density was nearly infinite when the big bang happened. A number of scientists think this is true but its not settled

gpt replied no its not possible because the universe was expanding and could not collapse into a black hole. The only way it knew of to create a black hole is a planet or star that collapses to create enough density to form the bh. Someone with intelligence would not simply repeat what was in the data base that no, the proto universe could not be a black hole. It take intelligence to go further and look at the definition of a black hole and deduce that density is the main factor so the universe could easily be in a bh. It also did not say that some agree it might be a bh which a net search will find.

Its also programmed to be what is often called "woke" or irritatingly liberal and pc plus progressive bs. I asked if a trans woman was a real woman. Answer: yes and defined a trans "woman" as a man who identifies etc. When I asked about excess deaths in the past few years it wouldn't answer and gave me a rant about covid which I did not ask. I found a work around, it would tell me if i ask for excess deaths in '21 in usa but threw in some covid propaganda in case I got any unacceptable ideas about the shot perhaps. In all, it was disappointing but has potential

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artificial inteligence, fda, cfr, code of federal regulations, nmn, dshea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users