- - - - -

Protecting from COVID19 by conventional means

coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 12:06 AM

From the beginning of the pandemic until now, I didn't get COVID19. 

I have been using mostly conventional measures, nothing super out of the ordinary. Yes, my mask(s) were "super new", but wearing a mask is not 100% of the prevention. I had a face shield, I had a costume, inovative filters, etc. But the most important is ... how you will use all that. 

In one of the epizodes of mythbusters, they tested if you can protect yourself simply by being cautios. 

"Kari, however is a different story" 04:21 

It seems that if you are doing the measures correctly the chances to be infected are small. But very few people can do it. 

• Good Point x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 10:21 AM

I have been using mostly conventional measures, ...But the most important is ... how you will use all that.

This is just your n=1, and wrongly assuming your own experience would show undenyable causation. Even my n=330 experience doesn't, but points just a certain correlation worth further investigations, and not to form unscientific causality claims.

Well, agian my n=330: No-one died, no-one hospitalized, almost all vaccinated experienced sick-ness leave after the jab, almost all vaccinated got covid twice, some really strong short of being hospitalized.

All personally known without vaccination didn't get covid even once. In my own case with all co-morbities (T2D, PAD). And to round it up sort of ironic, the only co-worker abusing me for not vaccinating (asked as member of the union for protection from job-mandates) got long-covid vaccinated. :|?

Additionlly in my country an covid-infection would be worth half a year of full vaccination. I know a couple of people trying therefore to get an infection. Really gross I know, by sniffing up infected snot. But even that didn't work.

It seems that if you are doing the measures correctly the chances to be infected are small. But very few people can do it.

Again, completely unfounded on facts. But your prefered opinion.

We have a total population of 8 billion. Of which up to today about 676 Million alledgedly got infected. Which first of all means, that more than 91% of the world population had very healty natural immunity.

The vast majority to be done with this new corona virus already at the mucosal barrier without allowing any infection. Like in my case without any infection during the last 3 years, without vaccination.

Died have about 6.77 Million or about 1% of known infected. But as we all now from the beginning, most countries attributed deaths wrongly to covid, where in reality above 90% of dying had at least 3 serious co-morbitities, which before the covid-area would have been assumed guildy on any death certificate.

Finally in times of real plagues, like the middle ages, about 30% of European died. In our Covidian area 3 years with an population increase of a little less than 200.000.000 - already 30 times more births than deaths alledged to covid, was already declared an emergy situation against which basic human rights allegdedly had to be abolished.

Covid was easy to be avoided, as 91% of our world populaton demonstrated.

• dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#3 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 04:57 PM

n=1, but that n represents everything that the other n's are doing wrong.

Here some common examples

I am strictly wearing my mask with the nose out, because otherwise you can't breath with that crap

What... to stir my hands with 70 percent alcochol only because I have been shaking hands with the infected idiot... why not you mind your own business

I took off my mask! ya! ya! make me put it again! c'mon, make me!

What.. chough chough chough... to go home ... chough chough ... from work only because I am caughting... cough cough... go fuck your mother! chough chough

Why did you tell the boss that pamojja goes towork coughting and with temperature? They made him a test and he was covid positive. Do you know, that they put him on quarantine? Traitor! Snitch!

• like x 2

#4 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 06:05 AM

I got jabbed (J&J) in April '21, and boosted (J&J) in November '21.  Got omicron in January 2022.  

Have taken no further precautions or vaccinations since.  Have traveled cross country by plane (no mask), and basically got on with my life, dining out several times a week, taking no precautions whatsoever.  

Find it hard to believe I haven't ever been exposed even once over the last year, and I feel these micro-exposures may be acting like subtle immune boosters, as immunity from vaccines or illness is supposed to be short lived.  

I'm starting to believe this may be the key to "protecting from COVID by conventional means"...  Continual minor exposures to keep my immune system on-guard for the new variants.  

Time will tell, but I'm either a very lucky dog, or continual/multiple minor community exposures are what is keeping me healthy.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 22 February 2023 - 06:10 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:57 PM

Fine, but first, you actually say, that despite the vaccinations, you nevertheless got the covid - omicron doing no other measures. 

And second, while doing the conventional measures, you are more likely to take what you name minor exposures - enough viruses to boost your immunity, but not enough to infect you. 

#6 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 11:14 PM

Yes, omicron changed everything.  I no longer feared death or disability from the kinder, gentler plague, so I changed my tack.  

Vaccines made sense when folks my age were suffering death and major disability, but once you no longer fear the reaper, the sniffle variant became easier to live with.  

#7 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 11:02 PM

I have been using mostly conventional measures, nothing super out of the ordinary. Yes, my mask(s) were "super new", but wearing a mask is not 100% of the prevention. I had a face shield, I had a costume, inovative filters, etc. But the most important is ... how you will use all that.

In one of the epizodes of mythbusters, they tested if you can protect yourself simply by being cautios.

https://www.youtube....h?v=k1j8bh8_O_Q

"Kari, however is a different story" 04:21

It doesn't work like that in real life though. Everyone gets infected eventually. One lady at costco 2 years ago took off her mask, sneezed, then put it back on right in front of me..
Unless you lock yourself away for years in a bubble you will get infected eventually and then your host immunity plus smart supplementation is what will save you. An mRNA jab will not. Never would.
https://www.youtube....h?v=Wy-w1-g7OvY
When "Kari" eventually gets infected what will her immunity be like? Possibly depressed from germaphobic behavior.
  • Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#8 Danail Bulgaria

• Topic Starter
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 07:24 AM

There are many socially irresponsible people. I know that. Yet there are techniques to avoid them. I personally in the midst of the covid hysteria did not shop from big supermarkets and had particular locations from where to shop, for which locations I have noticed, that the chances for getting infection are lower. I was also avoiding people who sneeze and caugh without a mask, or with a mask off, also avoided the places where they caughed.

Maybe we have to take examples and experience from the germofobes. They may have also other techniques to avoid the socially irresponsible behaviours from that type. 

• Good Point x 1

#9 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:56 PM

A nasal spray protects against coronavirus infection – Effective also against recent immune-evasive variants

https://www.helsinki...vasive-variants

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users