- - - - -

Fatal Error message with Inbox messenging

direct messaging contact

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 15 May 2023 - 02:55 AM

Whenever I go into my messenger and click on "My Conversations" on the left-hand side under "Folders", I get a white screen with an error message that says:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /home/longecit/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2796"

This doesn't happen when I click on "New" or "Drafts", only "My Conversations".

The only work-around I've found to locating a specific correspondence is to use the "Search Messages" function and search for a specific key word I've used in that correspondence.

This issue has persisted for at least the past 2-3 days

Thank you,

Attached Files

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the report. We will look into it.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 07:54 PM

Sorry, I can't replicate the problem.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to give me permission to log into your account. 

#4 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 20 June 2023 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. You have permission to log into my account to test it. I'm still experiencing the issue.

And just to reiterate, this ONLY happens when I click on "My Conversations". If I open my inbox and there is a new message, I can click on it and view it just fine. I can also click on the "Drafts" folder and the "New" folder just fine too. And I can also search my messages using the search tool. I only get the fatal error message when I try to use "My Conversations". 

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 21 June 2023 - 12:37 PM

Hi Furniture

I tried looking into this, but unfortunately there seemed to be some kind of strange corruption in your account. It may have been tied to a PM that you have received, but I couldn't trace it (in any case not without deep privacy intrusion)

The only measure was to reset the account. The new login is "Furniture" and you should have received a new registration email at your yahoo account with the new password. If not, please send me an email to caliban@longecity.org with your preferred new password.

I'm super sorry, but this means you won't have access to your old PM's. If there was something really vital in there, let me know as they may still be recoverable individually through the 'Furniture2' account above - alas, no promises.            

#6 Furniture

• 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 04:44 AM

Hi Furniture

I tried looking into this, but unfortunately there seemed to be some kind of strange corruption in your account. It may have been tied to a PM that you have received, but I couldn't trace it (in any case not without deep privacy intrusion)

The only measure was to reset the account. The new login is "Furniture" and you should have received a new registration email at your yahoo account with the new password. If not, please send me an email to caliban@longecity.org with your preferred new password.

I'm super sorry, but this means you won't have access to your old PM's. If there was something really vital in there, let me know as they may still be recoverable individually through the 'Furniture2' account above - alas, no promises.            

Dang!

I was actually trying to figure out what went wrong with my account and why all my content was gone, for the past few months. I completely forgot that I created this thread and didn't see your reply explaining what happened (and of course, I wasn't receiving reply notifications on this thread since it's associated with the now dead guest account)

Alas, that is an unfortunate turn of events...I've been a member here for almost a decade and would have really liked to keep all my account content. I had accrued a non-insignificant number of positive ratings and also had some communications in my PMs that I wanted to keep open.

How would you go about recovering the old PM's "individually"? Is there a way for me to view all of them first? I can't remember all the conversations, but once I see them, I would know which ones I'd like to recover or save (or at least take screenshots of, if possible).

Thanks,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: direct messaging, contact

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users