NAM works like a brake on SIRT1 at even very low dosages

nicotinamide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 02:37 PM

The following is from a chat I had with ChatGPT:

"Nicotinamide (NAM) works like a brake on SIRT1, slowing down its activity without needing NAD+, which is crucial for SIRT1's function. It's important to note that NAM doesn't compete with NAD+ for the same spot on SIRT1.

Scientific studies show that NAM can slow down SIRT1, and they measured this effect with something called Km (Michaelis-Menten constant), which tells us how strongly the enzyme sticks to its substrate. The exact amount of NAM inside cells and where it goes in the cell isn't well understood because it moves around a lot.

So, it's suggested that NAM can hinder SIRT1 activity at concentrations between 0.03 mg and 0.2 mg, but the exact amount might change depending on different things. 

Now, if you take a 500 mg capsule of nicotinamide (NAM), it's much more than the concentrations (30-200 μM) known to affect SIRT1. This amount goes beyond the range where NAM could potentially help SIRT1, going higher than what's suggested for positive effects."

Edited by osris, 19 November 2023 - 02:39 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Ill informed x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 03:29 PM

Also seen in vivo? Thought only in testl-tubes.

#3 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 04:39 PM

I don't know, ChatGPT says it can't find any in vivo studies. But most in vitro studies are usually confirmed later by in vitro ones. So I'm taking no chances, and have come off it.

Edited by osris, 19 November 2023 - 04:47 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#4 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 19 November 2023 - 07:12 PM

Most invitro studies are usually confirmed to be not applicable in vivo.

I've take 3 g Niacin and 300mg Niacinamide in average the last 15 years daily, and have accomplished what seems impossible: Remission from 4 irreversible chronic diseases (symptoms of pAVK, COPD, T2D, ME/CFS). Already between 11 and 5 years ago.

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#5 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 12:48 AM

Could it be the NA that is working for you rather than the NAM?

#6 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 01:27 AM

Could it be the NA that is working for you rather than the NAM?

In codependency with about 250 other supplemented molecules and countless also unknown lifestyle variables - never present in test-tubes - yes.

This is of course for most rather uncomfortable understanding, but it saved me from many chronic diseases. And much longer is my effective working-hypothesis in spiritual aims too.

Edited by pamojja, 20 November 2023 - 01:35 AM.

• Informative x 2

#7 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 01:53 PM

I was on NAM for a few years and didn't notice any particular health improvements. It is supposed to prevent skin cancer, yet I got one while on it, and my wrinkles got worse. 

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#8 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 06:57 PM

As I can read in my former post, I never prescribed to the pharmaceutical idea: one agent against one ill. 1 of the 250 supplemented molecules, even at the highest dose like ascorbic acid at 25g daily in my case, would have done almost nothing.

Chronic disease is always the systemic result of many factors. Negative and positive. And likewise can only systemically be approached. If considering chronic disease usually developing over many decades, decades to resolve likewise, at least.

I was on NAM for a few years and didn't notice any particular health improvements. It is supposed to prevent skin cancer, yet I got one while on it, and my wrinkles got worse. 

My face hair started to gray 15 years ago in my case, at the same time I started with lifestyle changes and comprehensive supplementation, but didn't proceed any further. Not that I couldn't care less about such vain issues, compared to my former disabilities.

In my case a systemic approach solved too many health issues, most I became only aware of through regular lab testing: Glucose, lipids, thyroid, sex-hormones metabolism; liver, kidneys, etc. almost everything had got out of whack. For sure, not possible not to wrinkle with a few years of niacinamide alone. But prime for worse.

Hope your skin cancer resolved?

Edited by pamojja, 20 November 2023 - 06:59 PM.

#9 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 20 November 2023 - 07:05 PM

By the way, concerning your extensive use of ChatGPT, there are only rare studies outside the 'one agent against one ill' paradigm. ChatGPT can know nothing about.

#10 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 12:43 AM

As I can read in my former post, I never prescribed to the pharmaceutical idea: one agent against one ill. 1 of the 250 supplemented molecules, even at the highest dose like ascorbic acid at 25g daily in my case, would have done almost nothing.

Chronic disease is always the systemic result of many factors. Negative and positive. And likewise can only systemically be approached. If considering chronic disease usually developing over many decades, decades to resolve likewise, at least.

My face hair started to gray 15 years ago in my case, at the same time I started with lifestyle changes and comprehensive supplementation, but didn't proceed any further. Not that I couldn't care less about such vain issues, compared to my former disabilities.

In my case a systemic approach solved too many health issues, most I became only aware of through regular lab testing: Glucose, lipids, thyroid, sex-hormones metabolism; liver, kidneys, etc. almost everything had got out of whack. For sure, not possible not to wrinkle with a few years of niacinamide alone. But prime for worse.

Hope your skin cancer resolved?

Yes, it did, thanks. I used bloodroot paste on it, and that got rid of it. 

Edited by osris, 21 November 2023 - 12:45 AM.

• like x 1

#11 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 12:46 AM

Yes, it did, thanks. I cured it by drinking baking soda each day for 2 weeks. It never came back.

So glad to hear. One of my 250 supplemented molecules for the last 15 years, too.

#12 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 12:34 PM

I should add that initially I used bloodroot paste which worked, but that only kills present skin cancer, it is not a prevention for new ones. But the baking soda, so far, seems to be a prevention. 

Edited by osris, 21 November 2023 - 12:37 PM.

#13 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 12:36 PM

So glad to hear. One of my 250 supplemented molecules for the last 15 years, too.

Do you mean the 250 have been taken by you at one time or another in the last 15 years, or that you actually take them altogether now?

#14 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 01:53 PM

Altogether for 15 years only interrupted when running out of one for some time. Few things which I think not important always get replaced with others with potential. Diversity of intake always means diversity of gut-bacteria. When I tested exactly when reaching remission of my walking-disability, I had more diversity than about 90% tested by ubiome at that time 7 years ago.

#15 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 03:50 PM

It must take you about 10 minutes to take them all.

#16 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 06:51 PM

Wish it would be that easy. Powders taken on empty stomach in water (only eat twice a day) up to 10 minutes. Not to take, but prepare, trice.

But without health, everything would become tire.

• Informative x 1

#17 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 07:04 PM

Same situation with me (although I didn't take NAM). I spend a couple thousand dollars on supplements each year, yet me skin keeps getting more wrinkled and my hair keeps getting more grey. I had non-melanoma skin cancer once too.

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#18 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:18 AM

Same situation with me (although I didn't take NAM). I spend a couple thousand dollars on supplements each year, yet me skin keeps getting more wrinkled and my hair keeps getting more grey. I had non-melanoma skin cancer once too.

I compiled the following information last year. 

POSSIBLE CAUSES OF SKIN CANCER RECURRENCE

Overview

When skin cancer is surgically removed, the goal is to completely remove all cancerous cells from the affected area. However, in some cases, skin cancer may recur in the same area even after surgical removal. There are several reasons why this may occur:

Incomplete removal: If the initial surgical removal of the skin cancer does not completely eliminate all cancerous cells, some cancer cells may be left behind. These remaining cells can continue to grow and eventually lead to a recurrence of the cancer in the same area.

Microscopic spread: Sometimes, cancer cells can extend beyond the visible edges of the tumour. These microscopic cancer cells may not be detected during the initial surgery, resulting in a recurrence of the cancer in the same area.

Genetic mutations: Skin cancer, particularly certain types like basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, can be associated with genetic mutations. These mutations can make the cancer cells more aggressive and prone to recurrence even after surgical removal.

Field cancerisation: Field cancerisation refers to the presence of multiple areas of skin that have been exposed to the same carcinogenic factors, such as prolonged sun exposure. In such cases, there may be multiple areas at risk of developing skin cancer. Even if the initial tumour is removed, other areas of the skin that have been similarly exposed to the carcinogenic factors may develop new skin cancers.

The Hedgehog signalling pathway and Smoothened (SMO) receptor

The Hedgehog signalling pathway plays a critical role in normal embryonic development, but when it becomes dysregulated, it can contribute to the development and growth of certain cancers, including BCC. The Hedgehog pathway relies on the interaction between the Hedgehog protein and the Smoothened (SMO) receptor.

The Smoothened (SMO) protein plays a crucial role in normal embryonic development and cellular signaling pathways. While SMO is important for proper development and function, it is not considered essential for human existence in the sense that an individual cannot survive without it.

SMO is a component of the Hedgehog signaling pathway, which is involved in various developmental processes during embryogenesis. This pathway regulates the growth, differentiation, and patterning of cells and tissues in the developing embryo. Disruptions or dysregulation of the Hedgehog pathway, including abnormal SMO activation, have been associated with developmental abnormalities and certain types of cancers. Because SMO is an “proto-oncogene”, or a type of gene that causes cells to grow, divide, and stay alive, certain mutations to SMO cause it to stay “on” all the time, leading to cancer development. SMO is mutated in 10-20% of BCC.

Targeted therapies, such as pharmaceutical SMO inhibitors like Vismodegib have been developed to block SMO activity in certain types of cancers, such as basal cell carcinoma, but it is important to note that when SMO is mutated, the medications that block SMO may not work.

The PTCH1 gene

PTCH1, also known as patched-1, is a gene that plays a critical role in various cellular processes and is associated with certain genetic disorders and tumorigenesis. PTCH1 is known as a “tumour suppressor gene.” By keeping SMO inactive, PTCH1 acts as an “off switch” for the process that causes cells to divide and survive. But PTCH1 is mutated in about 60% of BCC tumours. When PTCH1 becomes mutated, the “off switch” no longer works, and SMO signals freely. The result is uncontrolled cellular growth.

The mutated BRAF gene BRAF V600E

The BRAF gene is responsible for producing the BRAF protein, which plays a role in cell signaling pathways involved in cell growth and proliferation. However, in some cases of melanoma and other cancers, a specific mutation in the BRAF gene occurs, resulting in the production of a mutated form of the BRAF protein, such as BRAF V600E. This mutation causes the BRAF protein to become overactive, leading to uncontrolled cell growth and division.

BRAF V600E causes BRAF to stay “on,” sending continuous signals for cell growth, and has a role in a pathway called MAPK. BRAF V600E is part of a chain of events that allow cells to grow and survive. Normally, there are mechanisms that turn each protein “on” and “off,” keeping the cell processes under control.

The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway

The mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway has been extensively linked to cancer development. The MAPK pathway plays a critical role in regulating various cellular processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation, survival, apoptosis and stress responses. Dysregulation or aberrant activation of the MAPK pathway can contribute to the initiation, progression, and metastasis of cancer.

A dysregulated MAPK signaling pathway promotes tumour cell growth, survival, and proliferation by stimulating the expression of genes involved in cell cycle progression and inhibiting apoptosis. Moreover, activated MAPK signaling can enhance tumour cell invasion, angiogenesis, and metastasis, facilitating the spread of cancer to distant organs.

Efforts have been made to develop targeted inhibitors that specifically block key components of the MAPK pathway, such as BRAF and MEK inhibitors. These targeted therapies have shown promising results in certain cancers, particularly those with specific mutations driving MAPK pathway activation, such as BRAF-mutant melanoma. Reversing the dysregulation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway is an active area of research, and several approaches are being explored. Here are a few potential approaches:

Targeted Therapies: One approach is to develop targeted therapies that specifically inhibit the dysregulated components of the MAPK pathway. For example, in cancers driven by MAPK pathway mutations, such as BRAF-mutant melanoma, targeted inhibitors like BRAF and MEK inhibitors have been developed to block the constitutive activation of the pathway. These inhibitors have shown significant clinical benefits in specific patient populations.

Small Molecule Inhibitors: Researchers are actively exploring small molecule inhibitors that target upstream regulators or downstream effectors of the MAPK pathway. These inhibitors aim to disrupt the dysregulated signaling and restore pathway homeostasis. However, the complexity and redundancy of the MAPK pathway make it challenging to selectively target specific components without affecting normal cellular functions.

Combination Therapies: Combining targeted therapies with other treatment modalities, such as immunotherapy or chemotherapy, is another approach to reverse dysregulation of the MAPK pathway. By simultaneously targeting multiple pathways or utilizing synergistic effects, combination therapies have the potential to enhance treatment efficacy and overcome resistance mechanisms.

Gene Therapy: Gene therapy approaches hold promise for correcting dysregulation in the MAPK pathway. For instance, introducing specific genes or genetic modifications to restore the normal function of mutated or dysregulated components of the pathway could help rebalance signaling and restore pathway homeostasis. However, gene therapy approaches are still in the early stages of development and require further research.

Epigenetic Modulation: Epigenetic modifications, such as DNA methylation or histone acetylation, can influence the activity of genes involved in the MAPK pathway. Epigenetic therapies, including the use of small molecule inhibitors targeting epigenetic modifiers, are being investigated to restore normal gene expression patterns and pathway regulation.

Natural MEK inhibitors

Natural MEK inhibitors refer to compounds or substances derived from natural sources that have the potential to inhibit mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) enzymes. While there is ongoing research in this area, the identification of natural MEK inhibitors is relatively limited compared to synthetic MEK inhibitors. However, there are some natural compounds that have shown potential MEK inhibitory activity. Here are a few examples:

Curcumin: Curcumin is a bioactive compound found in turmeric, a spice commonly used in Indian cuisine. It has been reported to exhibit inhibitory effects on MEK activity. However, it is important to note that the bioavailability of curcumin is limited, and its clinical translation as a MEK inhibitor may require further development.

Resveratrol: Resveratrol is a natural polyphenol found in grapes, berries, and peanuts. It has been investigated for its potential anticancer properties and has been reported to inhibit MEK activity. However, further studies are needed to fully understand its mechanism of action and effectiveness as a MEK inhibitor.

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG): EGCG is a catechin present in green tea. It has been shown to possess various biological activities, including potential inhibitory effects on the MEK/ERK signaling pathway. EGCG has been investigated for its potential anticancer properties, although its specific effects on MEK inhibition require further research.

Edited by osris, 22 November 2023 - 01:29 AM.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#19 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:27 AM

I know what you mean. Maybe too many supplements can be pro-oxidants like some studies suggest. Before I took any longevity supplements I looked younger than my age by about 10 years - that was when I was in my mid-forties. Now I am in my mid-fifties and look like I'm in my mid-fifties. I don't drink, smoke, and eat fairly healthily.

I took NAM for a while, as I mentioned earlier, and think that it could have put a brake on sirt1 activation - even though that is only evident in in vitro tests. But I don't think in vitro tests necessarily prove that in vivo ones won't necessarily have the same results.

So I am going to try NA for a while, and see if that can raise NAD+ but not block sirt1. 

#20 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 12:38 PM

I know what you mean. Maybe too many supplements can be pro-oxidants like some studies suggest. Before I took any longevity supplements I looked younger than my age by about 10 years - that was when I was in my mid-forties. Now I am in my mid-fifties and look like I'm in my mid-fifties. I don't drink, smoke, and eat fairly healthily.

I'm the black swan. I take all supplements (at least 250 daily), the highest single dose is vitamin C at in average 25g per day for 15 years. Illness causes oxidation. Too much oxidation needs too many angles to counter it.

I smoke since 40 years, and also due to my non-graying hair I'm estimated 10 years younger. Despite 4 incurable chronic diseases, all in remission.

So I am going to try NA for a while, and see if that can raise NAD+ but not block sirt1.

For serious systemic condition, 'one agent against one ill' never worked for me.

• Cheerful x 1

#21 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 12:42 PM

Natural MEK inhibitors

Natural MEK inhibitors refer to compounds or substances derived from natural sources that have the potential to inhibit mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK) enzymes. While there is ongoing research in this area, the identification of natural MEK inhibitors is relatively limited compared to synthetic MEK inhibitors. However, there are some natural compounds that have shown potential MEK inhibitory activity. Here are a few examples:

Curcumin: Curcumin is a bioactive compound found in turmeric, a spice commonly used in Indian cuisine. It has been reported to exhibit inhibitory effects on MEK activity. However, it is important to note that the bioavailability of curcumin is limited, and its clinical translation as a MEK inhibitor may require further development.

Resveratrol: Resveratrol is a natural polyphenol found in grapes, berries, and peanuts. It has been investigated for its potential anticancer properties and has been reported to inhibit MEK activity. However, further studies are needed to fully understand its mechanism of action and effectiveness as a MEK inhibitor.

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG): EGCG is a catechin present in green tea. It has been shown to possess various biological activities, including potential inhibitory effects on the MEK/ERK signaling pathway. EGCG has been investigated for its potential anticancer properties, although its specific effects on MEK inhibition require further research.

You see, since I take all supplements, I take tehm all, even those not yet found to be MEK inhibitors. So, from many more than just one angle.

#22 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:06 PM

I'm the black swan. I take all supplements (at least 250 daily), the highest single dose is vitamin C at in average 25g per day for 15 years. Illness causes oxidation. Too much oxidation needs too many angles to counter it.

I smoke since 40 years, and also due to my non-graying hair I'm estimated 10 years younger. Despite 4 incurable chronic diseases, all in remission.

For serious systemic condition, 'one agent against one ill' never worked for me.

What are your chronic diseases?

You see, since I take all supplements, I take tehm all, even those not yet found to be MEK inhibitors. So, from many more than just one angle.

Don't you think taking over 200 supplements a day is a bit excessive? And very expensive.

#23 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 01:40 PM

Too many with disabilities. Therefore, here: https://www.longecit...nal-remissions/

It is a lot excessive and very expensive. ~500,- per month. You can calculate yourself to how much that amounts in 15 years. But without health, money is worth nothing.

#24 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 03:02 PM

I ran your post in that forum you linked to, into ChatGPT to make it read clearer. Here is what it said:

The passage describes the author's experience with peripheral arterial disease (PAD), the medical recommendations given, and the alternative approach they took to manage their condition through lifestyle modifications, dietary changes, and supplementation. Here's a summary:

Medical Diagnosis and Recommendations:

The author was diagnosed with peripheral arterial disease (PAD) almost nine years ago, with an 80% blockage at the abdominal aorta bifurcation.

The recommended medical option was surgical replacement of the aorta with Goretex-like material, along with lifelong aspirin and statin use. The predicted 5-year mortality was stated to be 30%.

Alternative Approach:

The author chose an alternative approach, focusing on dietary changes and lifestyle modifications after a risk-benefit analysis.

Following Linus Pauling's recommendations for cardiovascular disease (CVD) and incorporating suggestions from Dr. William Davis of the 'TrackYourPlaque' forum, the author experienced an improvement in pain-free walking distance over the years.

Health Journey and Changes:

The author dealt with chronic bronchitis during the third year but found relief through Ayurvedic remedies and vacations.

By the beginning of the sixth year, intermittent claudication symptoms had completely disappeared.

The author now experiences symptoms consistent with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, including exhaustion, concentration difficulties, and back pain after extended mental work.

Complex Medical History:

The author has a complex medical history, including pneumonia at birth, fever seizures, meningitis, tuberculosis, psoriasis, dental issues, malaria attacks, amoebic hepatitis, spondilodiscitis, and rhinitis.

Overall Impact of Lifestyle Changes:

The author claims that lifestyle modifications, nutrient supplementation, and herbal extracts had synergistic effects in improving various health conditions.

Positive outcomes include reversing walking disability from PAD, addressing bladder cystitis, reducing liver and lung nodules, managing prediabetes, hay-fever, muscle cramps, and CKD stage 1.

Remaining Challenges:

The author still experiences symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, indicating that not all health challenges have been completely resolved.

In summary, the passage details the author's journey of managing peripheral arterial disease and other health issues through alternative means, emphasizing the impact of lifestyle changes and nutritional interventions.

Edited by osris, 22 November 2023 - 03:05 PM.

#25 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 03:59 PM

I knew that of course and is boring. But the interesting part - complete remission - you didn't read to the end? Or with the advance of ChatGPT you got so lazy, and don't read and think through anything yourself? And let everything summarize by a machine instead?

Edited by pamojja, 22 November 2023 - 04:02 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#26 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:17 PM

Good point, but it helped me translate your poor grammar and sentence structure.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#27 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 02:48 PM

First irritated, now grateful. Therefore, a like from me.

I learned to speak English, mainly traveling, and mainly in South Asia and Africa (for some American slang I was hopeless inapt) - and sometimes not easy because of not being the mother-tongue there. Writing by reading a lot of English books. Your adapted behavior means - already now most every free minutes glare at their smartphones, difficult to communicate in one's mother tongue already (and why I don't have one, I want to communicate and learn) - in the future most will never learn a second language. Or from other humans, or rationally think things through oneself.

And if one doesn't want to share personal data with the cloud, but share personal information with the intent to directly inform other humans, with no conscience will end there anyway.

More learned about the status quo than by discussing the potential dystopia through AI. Who to avoid and how to prepare. Bye.

Edited by pamojja, 23 November 2023 - 03:00 PM.

• Informative x 1

#28 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 02:28 AM

Most invitro studies are usually confirmed to be not applicable in vivo.

I've take 3 g Niacin and 300mg Niacinamide in average the last 15 years daily, and have accomplished what seems impossible: Remission from 4 irreversible chronic diseases (symptoms of pAVK, COPD, T2D, ME/CFS). Already between 11 and 5 years ago.

NAM is anti-inflammatory. NAM does not extend lifespan. But it can be helpful if you have an inflammatory disease.
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#29 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 12:59 PM

NAM does not extend lifespan

Once again, 'one agent against one ill'. Please quote anyone else than me for this horrendous simplification.

pAVK, COPD, T2D, ME/CFS

15 years of deathly diseases. During which a silent stroke were also found. No, NAM alone could also not have helped an iota even of my raging inflammation.

But obviously, together with other essential or conditionally essential nutrients and many plant-extracts at high doses did beat all the 5-year mortality rates for each of those serious conditions. And so in concert did extend not only health-, but lifespan.

• Informative x 1

#30 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 07:27 PM

Once again, 'one agent against one ill'. Please quote anyone else than me for this horrendous simplification.

15 years of deathly diseases. During which a silent stroke were also found. No, NAM alone could also not have helped an iota even of my raging inflammation.

But obviously, together with other essential or conditionally essential nutrients and many plant-extracts at high doses did beat all the 5-year mortality rates for each of those serious conditions. And so in concert did extend not only health-, but lifespan.

When people talk about extending lifespan, they mean for an average healthy person without serious diseases. Two studies have show that NAM and NR don’t extend mice lifespan.
  • Good Point x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users