Next level of focus and memory

cognition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Viserplushaut

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2023 - 07:21 AM

I've been wanting to replace coffee for a while now with something more potent that would allow me to be more focused and have a clearer mind when working.

I'd love your guys opinion on the stack I want to use as beverage to make me more productive when I sit at my desk:

• Caffeine 100mg
  • L-theanine 200mg
  • Bacopa Monnieri 300mg (50%)
  • L-tyrosine 200mg

I've also looked at Lions Mane Mushroom, Rhodiola Rosea and Alpha GPC but from what I've found, it might not be worth adding those.

Does anyone have feedback regarding the use of those for cognitive enhancement?

• like x 1

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 07:32 AM

The dosage for L-tyrosine is a bit low, I would take 500-1000 mg. Also note that Bacopa usually takes a few weeks to show the benefits on memory.

I've recently started taking Rhodiola Rosea extract standardized to both salidrosides and rosavins, it has smooth energizing, mood- and focus-improving effect that seems to last all day. I think it's a good choice for your stack. Perhaps also consider Cordyceps extract, that mushroom packs a punch!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Viserplushaut

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2023 - 09:21 AM

The dosage for L-tyrosine is a bit low, I would take 500-1000 mg. Also note that Bacopa usually takes a few weeks to show the benefits on memory.

I've recently started taking Rhodiola Rosea extract standardized to both salidrosides and rosavins, it has smooth energizing, mood- and focus-improving effect that seems to last all day. I think it's a good choice for your stack. Perhaps also consider Cordyceps extract, that mushroom packs a punch!

Thank you for that.

I've heard a lot of mixed feedback for Rhodiola Rosea, I need to try it for myself.

Have you had experience with Lions Mane Mushroom?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#4 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 05:30 PM

Thank you for that.

I've heard a lot of mixed feedback for Rhodiola Rosea, I need to try it for myself.

Have you had experience with Lions Mane Mushroom?

Yeah some get a clear psychostimulant effect from Rhodiola whereas some feel nothing from it, and for some of us it's somewhere in between. Try to get an extract standardized to both salidrosides and rosavins, those are usually better quality products.

Only tried Lion's Mane once, it was capsuled extract but it gave me stomach pains so I stopped taking it. Lion's Mane is considered effective nootropic mushroom though and for most people it's safe and tolerable. But personally I prefer Cordyceps and Reishi as my medicinal mushrooms.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cognition

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users