Posted 31 January 2024 - 08:22 PM

https://biostasis.su...s-pseudoscience

#2 MaximilianKohler

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2024 - 01:14 PM

I can't edit my post. From their monthly newsletter:

Increasingly, Wikipedia is no longer a neutral platform to educate yourself but a toxic playground where the most fanatical keyboard warriors dictate what you read about a topic. The cryonics entry has not been exempt from this and has turned into something so obviously warped that it might actually incentivize people to consider other sources to learn about cryonics. Nonetheless, it would be preferable if there was a more neutral entry on the topic without inflammatory language and quotes from scientists who are clueless about cryonics. In his contribution “The False Claim of Cryonics as Pseudoscience” Max More brings his analytical mindset to identify the many errors and ignorant disdain displayed in the treatment of cryonics on Wikipedia.

#3 MaximilianKohler

• Topic Starter
  • 65 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2024 - 03:06 PM

From another discussion:

Max also notes that senior Wikipedia and RationalWiki administrator David Gerard (AKA reddragdiva, an anagram of his name)—who has a reputation for pomposity and meddling which extends far beyond our little community—is a driving force behind both Wikipedia's and RationalWiki's negative depictions of cryonics.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 01 February 2024 - 06:24 PM

Nothing new here. Wikipedia has been trash for quite a while now. I don't use it. I will never donate to their site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pseudoscience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users