* * * * * 1 votes

How has nicotinic acid improved your health and longevity potential

niacin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 osris

• 531 posts

Posted 17 February 2024 - 02:13 PM

Nicotinic acid is as good as NMN and NR in boosting NAD+. One guy even said that it is a better NAD+ booster than NMN:

Here are some studies demonstrating the ability of nicotinic acid to increase NAD+ levels:

Animal studies:

Human studies:

So given that nicotinic acid can boost NAD+, tell me how it has improved your health and longevity potential. Do you feel better, healthier, younger etc after taking it?

• unsure x 1
  • like x 1

#2 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2024 - 06:24 PM

I watched it on YouTube an started taking 100mgs of nicotinic acid per day . The epigenetic age went down at higher dosage (600mgs) an at 60mgs per day the levels were the same as taking 1000mgs of MMN without decreasing the epigenetic age .Very interesting find .
  • Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 04:45 AM

What was the flushing like at 600 mg? I got a strong flush when I took 200 mg, which was quite uncomfortable for the first 20 minutes after taking it. I imagine 600 mg would be even stronger.

#4 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 11:08 AM

Do you feel better, healthier, younger etc after taking it?

On my stack page all the remissions from chronic diseases described, where 3 g/d of nicotinic acid was only a one intervention of too many, including various lifestyle changes, during the last 15 years: https://www.longecit...al-remissions/:

• Good Point x 1

#5 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 01:22 PM

Thanks. I have a look.

By the way, is it normal to start shivering when the flushing is ending? Someone said this is due to the loss of the temperature rise during the flushing.

#6 pamojja

• 2,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 04:47 PM

I shiver when I swim too long, or short during intensive meditation, too. Not after initial niacin flushes. Everyone is different. But if niacin is increased slowly, like 50mgs every few days, the flush becomes very tolerable very soon.

By the way, you let my stack page be read by GPT-4 some time ago, for you to understand. Already forgotten?

I request you to respect my privacy, and not feet GPT-4 ever again with my texts!

Edited by pamojja, 18 February 2024 - 04:49 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 osris

• Topic Starter
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 February 2024 - 04:48 PM

Ok, will do.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niacin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users