Acetylglutathione: best anti-aging supplement we've ever tried

glutathione acetylglutathione

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Acetylglutathione

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2024 - 01:03 PM

My father and I have tried almost everything from antioxidants & antiinflammatories, to all vitamins, amino acids, cruciferous and other vegetable extracts, herbs, pharmaceuticals, hormones female and male and growth hormone, peptides like epithalon, TA-65, calories restriction and you name it.

Nothing we have tried has been as powerful as 100mg oral NAG (n-acetyl-glutathione) per day.

It improved:

blood pressure (160+ systolic to 122)

kidney function (eGFR 23 to 55)

liver function

lung function

immune function

reduced inflammation (c-reactive protein reduced)

mental clarity

cognitive function

skin appearance (softer, less wrinkles, etc.)

... pretty much every organ seems to benefit.

It depletes minerals and vitamins like potassium, magnesium, zinc, etc., so we take it with a multivitamin and potassium chloride

• unsure x 3

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 23 February 2024 - 06:24 PM

Are there any studies/papers you have seen that you could recommend about NAG?

• Agree x 4

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Danniel

• 93 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 09:54 AM

What brand of n-acetyl-glutathione are you using?

#4 Acetylglutathione

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2024 - 04:38 PM

Are there any studies/papers you have seen that you could recommend about NAG?

There was a study showing it effectively increased intracellular GSH after oral administration but I can't find it. I think this may be another one www.researchgate.net/publication/331475848_Oral_Administration_of_S-acetyl-glutathione_Impact_on_the_Levels_of_Glutathione_in_Plasma_and_in_Erythrocytes_of_Healthy_Volunteers

I've tried it all, intranasal glutathione, transdermal, injectable, oral liposomal version, as well as acetylcysteine and now acetylglutathione. In my opinion intranasal l-glutathione has so many more positive benefits beyond oral or injectable, but acetylglutathione (NAG) is the easiest to take.

@Danniel

I use Jarrow Formulas. It is expensive but blood tests show that it works.

Edited by Acetylglutathione, 24 February 2024 - 04:41 PM.

• Informative x 1

#5 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 07:20 PM

From Jarrow product description

This dietary supplement includes a form of S-acetyl L-glutathione, which has been shown in preclinical research to be more stable in the blood and supports glutathione levels within cells better than non-acetylated glutathione. This supplement provides 100 mg/serving of S-acetyl L-glutathione, an antioxidant and detoxifying agent. This enhanced stability means that the supplement can work more effectively to support your body's detoxification processes and antioxidant status.

FYI

Pure brand is 3x the dose at just twice the price

Livon Labs has a liposomal glutathione(not acetyl), would be interesting to compare the effects. its 450mg so price is better than Jarrow, maybe only take every other day.

https://www.livonlab...cts/glutathione

Have you taken Jarrow's NAC time release + glycine to compare?

or

Jarrows plain NAC is just $10 + powdered glycine

Edited by Gal220, 24 February 2024 - 07:26 PM.

• Informative x 2

#6 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 07:31 PM

" preclinical research to be more stable in the blood"

Not familiar with the trial for NAG, but vitamin K2-7 is also marketed as staying in the blood longer than vitamin K2-4.  But the truth is the -4 is what tissues really want, the -7 lasts longer in the blood because it has to be transformed into -4

• Informative x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#7 Acetylglutathione

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2024 - 04:18 PM

FYI

Pure brand is 3x the dose at just twice the price

Have you taken Jarrow's NAC time release + glycine to compare?

or

Jarrows plain NAC is just $10 + powdered glycine

NAC is good for more than just increasing glutathione so you could take it in addition to glutathione. I've tried it with glycine and imo it is not worth it if you only want increased glutathione, you might as well just take glutathione itself.

I find dosages over 100mg acetyl-glutathione to cause too much electrolyte deficiency even when supplementing the electrolytes.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Faz

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2024 - 10:54 PM

There was a study showing it effectively increased intracellular GSH after oral administration but I can't find it. I think this may be another one www.researchgate.net/publication/331475848_Oral_Administration_of_S-acetyl-glutathione_Impact_on_the_Levels_of_Glutathione_in_Plasma_and_in_Erythrocytes_of_Healthy_Volunteers

I've tried it all, intranasal glutathione, transdermal, injectable, oral liposomal version, as well as acetylcysteine and now acetylglutathione. In my opinion intranasal l-glutathione has so many more positive benefits beyond oral or injectable, but acetylglutathione (NAG) is the easiest to take.

@Danniel

I use Jarrow Formulas. It is expensive but blood tests show that it works.

Jarrrow's NAG is "N-Acetyl Glucosamine" and not "N-Acetyl Glutathione"

https://jarrow.com/p...120-veggie-caps

However Jarrow has "S-Acetyl Glutathione" (SAG)

Edited by Faz, 04 April 2024 - 10:56 PM.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glutathione, acetylglutathione

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users