Rosemarinic Acid for Psychoactive Properties, Combinations

mood lift anti-depressant effects experimentation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AdderallTumeric4us

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2024 - 12:33 AM

Anyone experiment with extracted/isolated Rosemarinic Acid?

I read about how RA has antidepressant-like effects, and research is suggesting that these psychoactive effects may be caused by cannabinoid receptor agonism. That is, it may have cannabinoid-receptor mediated antidepressant effects. Perhaps this could offer a different approach to treating depression with serotonin reuptake inhibition, or the other older approaches.

It is also thought to have anxiolytic effects and cognitive enhancement properties.

I decided to try it myself, so ordered Rosemarinic Acid Complex by LifeLink, on eBay. I consumed 6 of the capsules (it recommended 4-6), which totals 210mg RA. I experienced an increase in mood, seeming to give a lift. It seemed to be very solid and steady, not fleeting like many positive feelings can be. A positive feeling that stayed steady for hours. My head stayed clear, though I don't have problems with brainfog to try to heal.

I then combined smoked cannabis, about 1 gram, with it out of curiosity and to see if there is a good synergy. It revealed a great, very strong effect. But I wouldn't necessarily repeat it.

200-500mg is what I've been hearing people recommend for its unique effects.

Anyone else try it? What about combining it with other psychoactive tools?

Here is a reference: “Further, the pretreatment with antagonists of CB1, CB2, and PPAR-γ receptors significantly blocked the antidepressant-like effect of RA. Altogether, our findings suggest that cannabinoid receptors/PPAR-γ signaling pathways are involved with the antidepressant-like effect of RA. Moreover, this molecule meets important physicochemical and pharmacokinetic parameters that favor its bioavailability.” https://onlinelibrar...0.1002/ptr.7318

• like x 1

#2 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 02:27 AM

Nice finding. Targeting the cannabinoidergic system is interesting avenue for mood lift and anxiolysis. I haven't tried isolated Rosmarinic acid but have consumed herbs that contain it like Lemon Balm and Holy Basil for pretty nice anxiolytic effects. Would be cool to try pure Rosmarinic acid to see what it does.

Edited by Galaxyshock, 23 April 2024 - 02:28 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:02 AM

Rosemarinic Acid along with Allantoin appear to be responsible for the bone healing effects of Comfrey
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3491633/
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 floret

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2024 - 04:51 PM

I am taking rosemarinic acid actually. I was taking it some while ago but stopped, then got a fresh supply and resumed a few days ago. I had been thinking the other day how my mood's been generally better in spite of a lot of work-related stress and now that I read this I wonder if this is why.

Taking 250 mg daily. Back when I was taking it a couple of years ago I was taking far less, so I probably didn't notice the effect.

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mood lift, anti-depressant effects, experimentation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users