* * * * * 5 votes

"500 club" 500mg of trans-resveratrol per day

• Please log in to reply
1708 replies to this topic

#541 saxiephon

• 79 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

Tobar8
Check out the Resveratrol-Price Watch Spreadsheet which lists all suppliers and TR concentrations.

#542 ageless

• 219 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Purely personal anecdotal story and i'm slightly embarrased if I should even say anything - I will relate the story though

I don't know what to attribute this too...

I have been taking between 400-600 mg of Resveratrol a day since January 07

6 months prior I began a diet that gradually turned into a 30% CR lifestyle with occassional an occassional day of fasting

I had 2 years off from weightlifting and I started again around January of 06

In February I did a 4 week Bulking/Strength gaining cycle on Creatine while eating 2/3 of my calories for the day within the 2 hour window after lifting
- The catch is that I still maintained my 30% CR diet
(I did not beleive I would be successful in gaining muscle without eating more calories than my body needed - I wanted to give a go anyway)

I had very little faith that I would get much stronger during this period
- I did not beleive the majority of weight and strength I gained would be kept
- In the past after creatine supplementation I would lose most of the weight gained during my cycle (which I figure is water) and I would end up slightly stronger than before I started - I would follow up with a "cutting" cycle where I did lots of cardio and less weights in order to lean myself out

I finished my cutting cycle 2 week ago - I did not weigh myself at anytime in the past month.

I still hadn't lost any strength after a cutting cycle - in fact I was lifting at the same levels I did when I was on creatine - 7 weeks ago!
While maintaining a 30% CR diet plus about 2-3 miles of cardio 3 days a week

2 weeks ago I had my wisdom teeth removed and I fasted for 2 days and subsisted on yogurt and soft foods for 5 - it was hard for me to get close to even 1500 calories a day

Suffice to say I expected to be weaker and smaller - But I weighed in at the gym at 185 - (A pound heavier than I was while on creatine)

This past week I have surpassed my strength totals across the board on every exercise...On a 30% CR diet - with no bodybuilding supplements - I'm stronger than I was 7 weeks ago while I was on creatine

I didn't think it was possible and I still don't understand my strength gains...This has never happened to me before... I have a notepad of my daily caloric intake...I should be weaker...I'm not eating enough!

My brother and GF who work out with me are also stronger...They have been been on mild CR diets (10-20%) also

They also take Resveratrol at 5mg/kg

We have only been assuming that there is a correlation with the Resveratrol use

I admit it could really be anything though

From everything I know about weight lifting this shouldn't be happening...
But I like it!

Thanks for that... interesting.
I should point out that creatine stores should still be quite high 7 weeks after stopping your 'creatine' cycle. You could still be reaping the benefits of higher muscular creatine stores and your training gains, but it could also be something else.
I guess I am using relatively low doses of Resv. at 50mg/day and I am big into weight training. I am have some great workouts but I can't say I have noticed anything as noticeable as the gains i get from creatine.
I have read some studies mentioning a change of fast to slow twitch muscle fibers from RESV supplementation but I don't know exactly what that might indicate for sure... i would think from readings that RESV has some potential for endurance benefit moreso, but don't know for sure.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#543 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

there is a mouse study done, where mice eating resv out endure mice not fed resv. The movie i watched wasn't clear whether the mice were fed resv their whole lives or just before exercise.
http://www.videovat....ol-in-mice.aspx

#544 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the reference to the supplier sheet. I assume the quantities listed are referring to T-resv, right?

Aside from some mild bowel issues, I have noticed one rather very clear consequence of my 500mg t-res supplementation. I am now hungry in the mornings. For the last 2 years, I have found that I have very little hunger until about 3 pm. Now I find myself needing something to eat. I am overweight, high triglycerides, mild high BP, sugar about 115-120, no meds for the sugar. Taking Lipitor and some BP meds. The beginnings of metabolic syndrome.

I assume that, prior to my t-resv supplementation, my higher blood sugar upon awakening kept hunger pangs away. So now I assume that my blood sugar is lower in the lower when I wake up, thus my new-found hunger.

Interesting huh?

#545 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Just a random thought... Anyone considered or experimented with transdermal resveratrol. As in mix some in with some DMSO apply and see what happens?

#546 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

Resveratrol (like most things) is highly soluble in DMSO. The size of a t-resveratrol molecule is plenty small enough to be carried through the skin...

#547 rfarris

• 462 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

Can some tell me how t-res is in these products? Is there a faq somewhere that would list this?

Sure. I have taken all those products -- a total of 250 mg. 50 mg from the mixture from NSI, and 100mg each from the Country Life and NSI "Resveratrol. 250mg.

#548 saxiephon

• 79 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:00 PM

Tobar8

The listings are for trans-Res. Maybe the TR that your taking is already improving your diet because it is widely believed that Breakfast is necessary and your most important meal of the day.

#549 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:46 AM

Breakfast- those who follow "intermittent fasting" or set periods of eating within a 24 hour cycle (a la Mattson) may not necessarily agree with the breakfast-is-necessary theory.

Although I do eat "breakfast," it's a meal that follows a 1.5 to 2 hour workout (alternating yoga/aerobics or matial arts/weights) and other activities- usually about 4 hours after I first wake up....dunno if that's really breakfast, though.

Even then, at times, I'm not very hungry when it's time for "breakfast."

#550 shadowrun

• 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:00 AM

I thought it might be residual creatine stores - But I eat a mostly vegetarian diet (meat 1-2 times a week) and I am under-eating for CR

I didn't really notice a difference in my gains until recently...

In the past I would plataeu or even experience a down-turn in gains or producitivity...6 months later lifting 4-5 times a week i'm still waiting for it

I will definately keep using creatine -
I cycle it...just in case it has long term side effects
(which I hear they are rare and purely anecdotal and not proven)

#551 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

I have used relatively "low dose" creatine pyruvate for years. I think it helps mostly with a low creatine diet (like mine- predominantly vegetarian). For whatever reason, I've been reluctant to take large amounts, cycling or no.

#552 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:47 PM

If everyone could do a brief update on their dosage level and dosage timing as I know many have gone up and down on dosages.

500 mg (country life) right when I wake up with about 5 grams of fish oil and 5 grams of lecithin

I wait as long as I can until I eat breakfast and take other supplements.

Emodin is the limiting factor in my dosage.

#553 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:53 AM

Upon waking: 1 Longevinex without food then workout 1.5 hours, avg., shower, dress, breakfast with approx. 500 mg t-resv., variable sources (Orchid synthetic, PC extract 98%, capsules - CL or DB or NOW, etc.). Then 250 mg resv. with lunch, 250 mg with dinner, again, variable sources for the latter 2 meals (lunch usually encapsulated @ work during weekdays, travel, etc.)

#554 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi, this is what I am taking:

==============================
Breakfast: 2 R500 Capsules (500mg rsv each)
Lunch: 1 R500 Capsule
Dinner: 1 R500 Capsule

Total: 4 Capsules (2 grams rsv)
==============================

I have lost 20+ lbs but maintain my rsv intake as it seems my body is used to it.
(I am now at about 182lbs now)

Maybe this pushes me into the Johan Auwerx study than the Sinclair one now.

I have no issues with Emodin.

I began by taking 1 capsule of R500 a day, and after a week added another capsule to my regiment... and continued to add a capsule weekly until I finished at 4 capsules. At the time I was little over 200lbs, so I stopped at 2 grams a day of rsv.

Thanks
Anthony Loera

#555 fearfrost

• 63 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

My regime:

240 mg (2 CL + 1 lngvnx) when I wake up with breakfast
also with 1200mg lecithin, ellagic acid, and 500mg quercetin

200 mg (2 CL) again at night with dinner and a glass of wine
again with 1200 mg lecithin and 500mg quercetin

#556 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Anthony-

Other than weight loss, what have you noticed (or not) since taking such high t-resveratrol doses?

#557 mirian

• 166 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:26 PM

Thing Resveratrol caught up to me I was taking since Dec. 5, 2005 ! Started out on Longevinex, switched to Nature's Way, and finally on Country Life Resveratrol Plus.

Read the very bottom of this link about Copper. Since, Resveratrol chelates (binds copper you could run deficient in theory:

http://www.longevine.....Comment March

I was taking 6 Vcaps (2Vcaps three times daily) of Country Life Resveratrol. I did get some right big toe numbing. Quercetin doesn't deplete the essential mineral copper. I cut out resveratrol for now and went to the safe STAC being Quercetin (2 500mg capsules 4 times daily with one 500mg ascorbic acid capule with each dosing):

Jarrow Quercetin:

http://www.iherb.com...s&pid=JRW-14052

500mg Ascorbic acid capsules:

http://www.swansonvi...null&Ntk=Level1

I take the only High Potency Multivitamin I know of with no added iron, copper, manganese, less than 10mg of vitamin B2, 2000IU vitamin D3, 50mg magnesium, and 500mg of vitamin C. Esterfied C is a waste of money see reference below.

I personally order from Ebay which is the best deal and search for:

PERFECT MULTI SUPER GREENS (it's only $29 after shipping for 30 day supply).

The Ebay ad even shows Journals references why that Multi is the best !!! I'll post some here:

COMPARE:

PURITY RETAIL: $52.90 ($44.95+$7.95 SHIPPING)

BRAND NEW SEALED BOTTLE. EXPIRES SEPT. 2008

MADE WITH ORGANICALLY GROWN GREENS.

ORGANICALLY GROWN IS HIGHER IN VIRTALLY ALL HEALTHFUL MINERALS ACCORDING TO THE JOURNAL OF APPLIED NUTRITION (1993):

MAGNESIUM 138% HIGHER

POTASSIUM 125% HIGHER

SILICON 86% HIGHER

SELENIUM 390% HIGHER

ZINC 60% HIGHER

CHROMIUM 78% HIGHER

CONVENTIONALLY GROWN IS HIGHER IN UNHEALTHFUL MINERALS :

ALUMINUM 40% HIGHER

LEAD 29% HIGHER

MERCURY 25% HIGHER

THIS IS THE LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED. YOU CANNOT FIND IT CHEAPER ANYWHERE ELSE.

NO NEED TO BE COMMITTED TO ANY PROGRAM FOR A MORE AFFORADABLE PRICE.

IF YOU FIND THIS SUPPLEMENT CHEAPER I'LL BEAT THAT PRICE !

PERFECT MULTI SUPER GREENS HEREAFTER CALLED "PMSG" IS FORMULATED BASED ON MEDICAL JOURNALS:

IP-6 (INOSITOL HEXAPHOSPHATE/PHYTIC ACID):

PMSG HAS 50MG OF IP6.

IP6 IS THE ONLY MOLECULE IN NATURE BOTH TO REMOVE IRON AND REDUCE THE OXYGEN-CARRYING POTENTIAL OF HEMPGLOBIN, IT IS THE MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT ON THE PLANET. [JOURNAL BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY 262:11647-50,1987]

IP6 PERFORMS CHELATION THERAPY AND TREAT IRON OVERLOAD, HEART DISEASE, CANCER, DIABETES, AND INFECTIONS.[ANTICANCER RESEARCH 79: 3699-3702,1999]

IP6 IS A REMEDY FOR FATTY LIVER WHICH 30% OF AMERICANS HAVE.[ANTICANCER RESEARCH 19: 3695-98,1999]

VITAMIN B2-RIBOFLAVIN :

PMSG HAS ONLY 5MG.

EXCESSIVE VITAMIN B2-RIBOFLAVIN CONSUMPTION MAY LEAD TO ACCELERATED AGING OF THE SKIN.[FREE RADICAL BIOLOGY MED 22:1139,1997]

RESEARCHERS SUGGEST NO MORE THAN 10MG FROM FOOD AND/OR SUPPLEMENTS.[PROCEEDINGS NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES 76:3504-06,1979]

VITAMIN B12 (COBALAMIN)

PMSG HAS 300MCG OF ACTIVE B12-METHYLCOBALAMIN

A MINIMUM OF 300MCG OF VITAMIN B12 IS REQUIRED ORALLY TO OVERCOME OR PREVENT VITAMIN B12 ANEMIA.[INT J VITAMN RES]

MAGNESIUM:

PMSG HAS 50MG OF MAGNESIUM.

PEOPLE TAKING AT LEAST "50MG" OF MAGNESIUM SUPPLEMENTS DAILY WERE 22% LESS LIKELY TO HAVE ELEVATED CRP LEVELS.[NUTRITION RESEARCH 2006, 26(3):193-196]

1 IN 3 AMERICANS HAVE HIGH CRP LEVELS.[JOURNAL CLINICAL HYPERTENSION 6(2004(10)PP.562-568]

HIGH LEVELS OF MAGNESIUM WERE ASSOCIATED WITH A 40% DECREASE IN ALL-CAUSE MORTALITY RISK.[ EPIDEMIOLOGY VOL.17,NO.3, MAY 2006]

"MAGNESIUM COULD HELP YOU LIVE LONGER. MEN WITH THE HIGHEST BLOOD LEVELS OF THE MINERAL HAVE A 40% LOWER RISK OF EARLY DEATH THAN THOSE WITH THE LOWEST LEVELS." [MENS HEALTH, MAR. 2007, P. 44]

COPPER/ZINC:

PMSG HAS NO COPPER.

PMSG HAS 15MG OF ZINC.

73% OF AMERICANS DON'T GET THE RDA OF 15MG OF ZINC DAILY.[CONSUMER REPORTS]

AVERAGE AMERICAN CONSUMES 1.3 MG OF COPPER FROM DIET DAILY. ACCELERATED COGNITIVE DECLINE AMONG PEOPLE CONSUMING 1.6MG OR MORE OF COPPER DAILY. [JOURNAL ARCHIVES OF NEUROLOGY AUG. 2006]

NORMALLY COPPER IS ADDED WHENEVER ZINC IS IN A SUPPLEMENT BUT COPPER ABSORPTION WASN'T AFFECTED BY ZINC DOSES UP TO 16.5MG DAILY FOR EXTENDED PERIODS.[PDRHEALTH.COM]

COPPER IS REQUIRED FOR GROWTH AND EXPANSION OF TUMORS AS WELL AS THE FORMATION OF NEW BLOOD VESSELS (ANGIOGENSIS) THAT FACILITATE THE SPREAD (METASTASIS) OF CANCER.[JOURNAL TRACE ELEMENTS MEDICAL BIOLOGY 18:1-8,2004]

HIGH LEVELS OF COPPER WERE ASSOCIATED WITH A 50% INCREASE IN ALL-CAUSE MORTALITY RISK. WHEN COMBINED WITH LOW ZINC LEVELS ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH HIGH COPPER INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY.[EPIDEMIOLOGY VOL.17,NO.3.MAY 2006]

IRON:

PMSG HAS NO IRON.

IDEAL IRON BLOOD LEVELS ARE: 40 TO 100 UG/DL

FOR EVERY 1MG OF IRON, THE RISK OF HEART DISEASE INCREASES BY 5%.[NEW ENG J MED 330:1152,1994]

MANGANESE:

EXCESS IRON OR MANGANESE FROM FOOD OR SUPPLEMENTS INCREASES RISK OF PARKINSON'S DISEASE.[JOURNAL OF NEUROLOGY JUNE10, 2003; 60:1761-1766]

Manganese Deficiency has not been conclusively documented but prolonged exposure causes neurologic symptoms resembling those of parkinsonism or Wilson's disease.[MERCK.COM]

VITAMIN C:

PMSG HAS 500MG OF VITAMIN C COMBINED WITH 70%(350MG) OF BIOFLAVONOIDS.

500MG DAILY OF VITAMIN C CAN REDUCE CARDIAC CRP BY 24%[MENS HEALTH P.117, FEB.2006]

MORE THAN 500MG IN A SINGLE DOSE IS NOT WELL ABSORBED.[PDRHEALTH.COM]

70% OR MORE OF THE AMOUNT OF VITAMIN C TAKEN MUST BE IN BIOFLAVONOIDS.[J AM DIETETIC AASN. 94:779-81,1994]

QUERCETIN IS AN EXCELLENT COMPANION OF VITAMIN C. [AM J CLIN NUT 67:1210-18,1998]

ESTERFIED C MAY YIELD HIGHER BLOOD LEVELS OF THIS VITAMIN, BUT TWO HOURS AFTER CONSUMPTION THERE WAS LITTLE DIFFERENCE IN BLOOD LEVELS OF PLAIN ASCORBIC ACID AND ESTERFIED C.[J OPTIMAL NUTRITION 2:205,1993]

VITAMIN C UP TO 3000MG DAILY IS SAFE.[PDRHEALTH.COM]

IDEALLY, TAKE A 500MG CAPSULE EVERY 3 WAKING HOURS MAKING 2500MG TO 3000MG DAILY.[THE SCIENCE OF VITAMIN C, JUN. 2004]

VITAMIN D:

PMSG HAS 2000IU OF VITAMIN D3.

2000IU OF VITAMIN D3 HAS BEEN SHOWN TO REDUCE OR STABILIZE PSA IN SOME PROSTATE CANCER PATIENTS.[NUTRITION CANCER 51:32-6,2005]

VITAMIN D INCREASES MAGNESIUM ABSORPTION.[MAG RES 8:19,1995]

VITAMIN D3 IS MOST BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE THAN VEGGIE VITAMIN D2. VITAMIN D3 IS SAFER THAN D2. PLUS, VITAMIN D2 CAN DEPLETE MAGNESIUM LEVELS.

#558 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

Anthony-

Other than weight loss, what have you noticed (or not) since taking such high t-resveratrol doses?

Last week I stayed up pretty late (2am) for 3 consecutive days, and I was horribly dreading the next day each of those nights.

The next day came, and I felt ok. I didn't feel full of energy, but I just felt 'normal' like I has went to bed at my usual 11pm hour. This feeling of being 'normal' even has carried over if I have taxed my body, where I (at least in my recollections...) did something I remember used to leave me exhausted.

I haven't exercised since last year, so it becomes apparent to me that this may be something rsv is doing.

Anyone else here feel 'normal', when they think they should not be, or after some exercise?

Anthony Loera

#559 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

Thing Resveratrol caught up to me I was taking since Dec. 5, 2005 ! Started out on Longevinex, switched to Nature's Way, and finally on Country Life Resveratrol Plus.

I'm totally confused. Why did you stop taking resveratrol? What do you mean caught up with you? You mention numbing of your big toe. Could you elaborate further?

Thanks.

#560 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:47 PM

Anthony/Revgenetics,

I would have to concur with you, even when I am very busy and not getting my full allotment of sleep, it doesnt really seem to bother me. A little tired in the
morning as I first get up but then once I am going, I have no problems through the day. I usually come home after work, feeling a little drained/tired and ready to wind
down. Now I find myself doing a lot more projects in the evenings.....

Anthony-

Last week I stayed up pretty late (2am) for 3 consecutive days, and I was horribly dreading the next day each of those nights.

The next day came, and I felt ok. I didn't feel full of energy, but I just felt 'normal' like I has went to bed at my usual 11pm hour. This feeling of being 'normal' even has carried over if I have taxed my body, where I (at least in my recollections...) did something I remember used to leave me exhausted.

I haven't exercised since last year, so it becomes apparent to me that this may be something rsv is doing.

Anyone else here feel 'normal', when they think they should not be, or after some exercise?

Anthony Loera

#561 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

Anthony Loera

Yes for exercise. But unfortunately I still can't function well on reduced sleep.

#562 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:35 AM

I think I mention my lack of sleep in these forum previously. I've been running on 4-5 hours/night for weeks now, and aside from the initially battle to wake up, I feel totally alert and rarely ever fatigued or drowsy until late in the evening.

#563 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

This is Interesting. I skipped resveratrol for 2 days after taking it for 3mo straight and crash (Normally I take 2 Longevinex/day). No energy, mood worst it's been in 3 weeks and I slept for 12 hours. Very weird.

#564 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:43 AM

I find I wake up instantly; no sleep inertia. It's like when I was a teen, I just wake up and I'm alert, no morning fog.

I've found after too little sleep, I can go all day the next day without fatigue. But when I do get tired, sometimes, in the late afternoon, I get VERY sleepy. I'll have no desire to put it off, I'll just lie down and go right into a deep sleep.

#565 alterego

• 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:46 AM

This is Interesting.  I skipped resveratrol for 2 days after taking it for 3mo straight and crash (Normally I take 2 Longevinex/day).  No energy, mood worst it's been in 3 weeks and I slept for 12 hours.  Very weird.

Has anyone done any extensive blood-work yet after a few moths use of mega-dose TRES? Very curious me is :)
I also feel better after taking TRES for some weeks now. Before, I did need about 9 to 10 hours of sleep a day. During weekends, when daily pressure from work is decreased, even more. This probably is due to my arthritis auto-immune issue. However, I do not know if it's the TRES alone since I also restarted the use of ashwagadha about the same time, but I'm sure the TRES gives additional improvement I did not experience before.

Edited by alterego, 07 April 2007 - 12:00 PM.

#566 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

Just found at sci.life-extension (thanks, rs1000)

Neurochem Res. 2007 Mar 31; [Epub ahead of print]

Effect of Resveratrol on Antioxidant Enzyme Activities in the Brain of
Healthy Rat.

Mokni M, Elkahoui S, Limam F, Amri M, Aouani E.

Laboratoire de Physiologie de la Nutrition, Faculte des Sciences de
Tunis, Campus Universitaire El Manar II, 2092, Tunis, Tunisia.

We have studied the effect of resveratrol on lipoperoxidation and
antioxidant enzyme activity level in the brain of healthy rats. When
intraperitoneally administered, resveratrol significantly and dose
dependently decreased brain malondialdehyde level. Resveratrol also
increased in a dose-dependent way brain superoxide dismutase, catalase
and peroxidase activities. Optimal effect on antioxidant enzyme and
lipoperoxidation products were obtained with resveratrol concentration
of 12.5 mg/kg body wt. Native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
analysis of antioxidant isoenzymes revealed that resveratrol up
regulated at least two acidic superoxide dismutase isoforms called
A(1) and A(2), two basic isoforms called B(1) and B(2). Resveratrol
also up regulated two catalase isoforms and a broad peroxidase band
corresponding to several isoforms. All these findings suggest that
resveratrol is able to cross the blood brain barrier and exerts potent
antioxidant features. Resveratrol also exerts neuroprotective
properties by up regulating several detoxifying enzymes, most of which
are iron proteins.

PMID: 17401679 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

#567 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

Curious_sle, that is awesome. Setting aside for a moment the issue of scaling between rat and human dosages, 12.5 mg/kg is not that hard to attain based on what people are taking these days. The intraperitoneal administration avoids gut metabolism, but doesn't avoid the liver. Since resveratrol is well absorbed but faces extensive first pass metabolism in the liver, the IP route should be about equally good, or equally lousy, as oral. In other words, this result looks like it has a fair chance of being relevant to humans.

#568 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

What's the 12.5 mg/kg rat human equivalent? (Assuming one is not, at least, part rat :) )

#569 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

divide by 6, roughly. i.e. ~2mg/kg/day

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#570 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

>>> Effect of Resveratrol on Antioxidant Enzyme Activities in the Brain of
Healthy Rat.

That's one of the best peices of news yet in favor of RSV.

I'm still taking around 500mg daily. I've still not been able to pin down ANY noticeable benefit to taking this supplement. It's all blind faith for me! ;-) I'm getting my overdue bloodwork done in two weeks, so I'm curious if anything shows up in the numbers versus my pre-500/day bloodwork.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users