500mg Niacin
450mg EGCG (green tea supps)
120mg Bilberry (30mg anthocyanosides)
1000mg Acai 4:1
1040mg Cranberry 12:1
2000mg Omega 3
240mg DHA
360mg EPA
124mg Soy Isolfavones (genistein, daidzein,Glycitien)
50mg HA
1000mcg Biotin
300mg C
500mg Lethicin
1 Daily Multivitamin - w/no iron or other metallics
3mg Melatonin - before sleep

Non-daily suppelements-

1000mg IP6 - 3/week
25mg DHEA - 2-3 / week

I quit smoking.

I scaled up everything to the amount I am taking now and spread them out through the day so I am not putting to much crap into my stomach at once, some with meals and other without. I can tell you the following that I have noticed in the 8 months since I started:

1. Feel more awake w/ less sleep
2. More endurance in the gym. Muscular and Cardio
3. Reduced heart rate
4. Reduced blood pressure
5. Reduced body temp (not sure about this but I used to average 98.4, my last 4 readings were around 97.6 from several sources)
6. Reduction in facial lines and increased skin elasticity (also using topicals)
7. Reduction in facial grey hair* (see below)
8. Increased lean muscle mass (attributing to the fact that I can work out more intensely now)
9. Lower total cholesterol, increased HDL/LDL ratio

* - I am in my mid 30's, everyone in my family has been completely grey by 30. The only grey hair I have had is my facial hair and the rest is grey free. At the beginning of the year, roughly 60% of my facial hair was grey. My entire chin, a good portion of my neck, and my left cheek were the bulk of the problem.

Currently, I have zero grey hairs on my left cheek. My chin area is mostly dark with a slight amount of spotted grey mixed in. My neck is salt-n-pepper, but vastly darker than it was at the beginning of the year. I would say my grey to dark ratio has probably dropped from 60% to around 25%.

Res-v, vitamins, quitting smoking, or one of the antioxidents ...or all of the above, who knows. I can't attribute physical evidence to placebo effect and I can't attribute the drastic changes to quitting smoking alone.

#962 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:03 PM

Cranberries and grape seed extract both have proanthocyanidins. LEF seems to think they have synergy:

http://search.lef.or.....0resveratrol

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#963 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

The resveratrol I am taking claims nearly 4000 oracs per serving, add in acai juice, blueberry, pomegranite, and 20 or so other antioxidants I am probably getting 50,000 oracs/day. Are too many antioxidants bad for you? Do they cancel each other out? Since antioxidants and free radicals both have a free electron, do antioxidants view other antioxidants as free radicals sometimes? Yeah, I have too much free time. http://www.thenutrit.../Free-rads.html

Edited by craigb527, 03 October 2007 - 11:11 PM.

#964 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:51 AM

7. Reduction in facial grey hair* (see below)

There have been several reports of this in this mega-thread. I've seen it too, but not as much as you did.

#965 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:07 AM

Was at Sam's Wholesale shopping and was surprised to see them selling Resvinatrol complete on the shelf. 32 oz. bottle.
Every one ounce serving contains 100/mg of resveratrol plus quercetin, ellagic acid and proanthocyanidins. Their website
claims it is packaged like longevinix with nitrogen packaging. Price was around $18.00.

Something's fishy about this. Resveratrol is only slightly soluble in water; an ounce of water will not hold more than about one milligram of resveratrol. Unless this stuff is a suspension or it contains some expensive solubilizing technology like cyclodextrins, it's highly unlikely that you're getting anywhere near 100 mg of resveratrol. Maybe they are using a sneaky trick of labelling where what they mean is you're getting 100 mg of "stuff" consisting of (resveratrol plus quercetin, ellagic acid and proanthocyanidins), and the quantities of each are not given. OK, I just looked at their website. They claim "100mg of resveratrol" (and mis-spell quercetin a couple of times; a bad sign, imho)... Well, I don't buy it. I'd recommend a different source for resveratrol.

#966 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:09 AM

There is no way there is a bleeping placebo affect on this product unless the board posters has gone up by more than 10x since I was last on it a few years ago. I have never seen so many posts on a single thread. I used to be on this board a long time ago.

I thought the royal jelly thread got a little out of hand placebo style. I still take RJ. I am looking forward to trying this.

#967 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:15 AM

New Resveratrol Study

Red Wine Ingredient -- Resveratrol -- Fights Diabetes In Mice
Science Daily — Even relatively low doses of resveratrol--a chemical found in the skins of red grapes and in red wine--can improve the sensitivity of mice to the hormone insulin, according to a new report. As insulin resistance is often characterized as the most critical factor contributing to the development of type 2 diabetes, the findings "provide a potential new therapeutic approach for preventing or treating" both conditions, the researchers said.

The research group also confirmed that increased levels of an enzyme called SIRT1, which earlier studies had linked to longevity, DNA repair, and insulin secretion, improve insulin sensitivity in mice. Resveratrol is known to activate the SIRT1 enzyme.

The results suggest that "red wine might have some benefits for insulin sensitivity, but it needs to be confirmed by further investigation," said Qiwei Zhai of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Given the potential complications of drinking alcohol, "an even better option may be to find other natural foods enriched with resveratrol or foods supplemented with resveratrol," he added, noting that the chemical is also an active ingredient in other plants, including one called Polygonum cuspidatum used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine.

Diabetes mellitus, the most common endocrine disorder, currently affects more than 170 million people worldwide and is expected to affect more than 353 million by the year 2030, Zhai said. Type 2 diabetes, which accounts for more than 90 percent of diabetes cases, is characterized by the resistance of body tissues to stimulation by the peptide hormone insulin. Insulin normally lowers blood glucose levels by facilitating the sugar's uptake, mainly into skeletal muscle and fat tissue, and by inhibiting glucose production in the liver. Currently, alleviating insulin resistance is still one of the key avenues to treating type 2 diabetes.

Earlier studies had reported a connection between SIRT1 and the processes of glucose metabolism and insulin secretion. However, whether SIRT1 was directly involved in insulin sensitivity remained largely unknown, the researchers said.

Now, the researchers report that SIRT1 levels are reduced in insulin-resistant cells and tissues and that treatments that block the enzyme's function lead to insulin resistance. Furthermore, increased SIRT1 activity improved insulin sensitivity. Similarly, resveratrol--at a dose of just 2.5 mg/kg/day--enhanced insulin sensitivity in cells. That low dose of resveratrol also reduced insulin resistance in animals fed a high-fat diet, the researchers showed.

"We found SIRT1 improves insulin sensitivity, especially under insulin-resistant conditions," Zhai said. "Furthermore, we found that resveratrol, at a very low dose compared with many previous studies, improves insulin sensitivity via SIRT1."

The findings suggest that those who drink red wine for the health-promoting benefits of resveratrol might "think about drinking less," Zhai said. Previously, he noted, the effects of resveratrol seen in mice had implied that humans might need to drink about 120 liters of red wine each day to get enough resveratrol to enjoy the same benefit. "According to our findings, people might need to drink about three liters of red wine each day to get sufficient resveratrol--about 15 mg--for its biological effects."

The researchers include Cheng Sun, Fang Zhang, Xinjian Ge, Tingting Yan, Xingmiao Chen, Xianglin Shi, and Qiwei Zhai of Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shanghai.

This work was supported by grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (30400083 and 30570558), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (KSCX2-2-25, KSCX2-YW-N-034, and KSCX1-YW-02), the National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program, 2006CB503900 and 2007CB914501), the Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (04 DZ14007), and the Program of Shanghai Subject Chief Scientist.

Reference: Sun et al.: "SIRT1 Improves Insulin Sensitivity under Insulin-Resistant Conditions by Repressing PTP1B." Publishing in Cell Metabolism 6, 307--319, October 2007. DOI 10.1016/j.cmet.2007.08.014

http://www.scienceda...71002131152.htm

#968 geo12the

• 762 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:43 AM

T-Resv:

[
124mg Soy Isolfavones (genistein, daidzein,Glycitien)

1000mg IP6 -  3/week
changes to quitting smoking alone.

Regarding the isoflavones, are you concerned about their estrogenic effects?

I know lots of people here like IP6, but it seems like a risky thing to me, as I have posted here before.

#969 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:49 AM

From reading on the internet, anything positve with resveratrol is usually attributed to mice. Wouldn't there be some beneficial human studies by now? Why does Sinclair's name come up with most of the studies I read and he profits from saying this. Also it seems like if I were a mouse I would have to eat damn near my body weight to be included in a study. Maybe in order for positive effects to be noticeable in humans, doses much higher than the ones used in current sudies are needed. It seems like people have been taking doses of a gram or more daily for a year with no significant impact.

#970 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

From reading on the internet, anything positve with resveratrol is usually attributed to mice. Wouldn't there be some beneficial human studies by now?  Why does Sinclair's name come up with most of the studies I read and he profits from saying this.  Also it seems like if I were a mouse I would have to eat damn near my body weight to be included in a study. Maybe in order for positive effects to be noticeable in humans, doses much higher than the ones used in current sudies are needed.  It seems like people have been taking doses of a gram or more daily for a year with no significant impact.

Significant results have been reported among Imminst users: Weight loss, improved lipids, arthritis improvement to name some.

#971 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

Regarding the isoflavones, are you concerned about their estrogenic effects?

Not really. Unless there is a study out there to contradict the studies I have read citing lower incidences of prostate cancer, et. with soy ....given my family history of nearly everyone getting prostate cancer, unless I start growing man boobs ...I will keep taking it. So far, so good with the lack of man boobs though, but that could be strictly due to the amount of time I spend in the gym every week.

I know lots of people here like IP6, but it seems like a risky thing to me, as I have posted here before.

A few things about this:

1. I don't take it everyday on purpose, I use it to try and keep my iron just above anemic levels. In other words I personally want no more iron in my body than what my body needs for RBCs, et. I use the same philosphy on all metallics ...no more than what my body needs to function. The problem is, SO much food you eat is 'fortified with iron' and often you find yourselves taking way over what is recommended without even touching a multi that has it in it. (case in point, look at most multi's 100% daily, cereals 20-100% per serving, et.) Even though my multi's are iron free, I am usually still get way too much iron from the food I eat and I even try to avoid fortified food. So far, no anemia, and I am considering upping the IP6 a bit.

2. I regularly donate blood. I do not take any IP6 for a week after for obvious reasons.

#972 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

The resveratrol I am taking claims nearly 4000 oracs per serving, add in acai juice, blueberry, pomegranite, and 20 or so other antioxidants I am probably getting 50,000 oracs/day.  Are too many antioxidants bad for you?  Do they cancel each other out? Since antioxidants and free radicals both have a free electron, do antioxidants view other antioxidants as free radicals sometimes?  Yeah, I have too much free time.        http://www.thenutrit.../Free-rads.html

I think it's a good question to ask. I don't think anyone knows the answer to your question at this point. People can only theorize.

I have a high antioxidant content from grapeseed, pomegranate and other supplements and food, but I do limit how much I take in terms of supplements. I do take more than what is recommended on the bottle.

Anything in too high of a dose is probably bad for you. Take for example, water. If you drink too much water, you will die. There have been cases.

The question is figuring out what is too high of a dose.

#973 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

Do they cancel each other out? Since antioxidants and free radicals both have a free electron, do antioxidants view other antioxidants as free radicals sometimes?

Aside from impact on stomach acids, I was worried about supplements cancelling one another out as well. I spread what I take through out the day. I know its not an answer to your question though ;)

#974 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

mikeinapples, I don't see vitamin D3 on your list. It would seem to me to be essential, especially if you have a family history of prostate cancer. There is a long vitamin D thread you may want to look at if you haven't already.

I have a family history of cancer too (both grandfathers died of brain tumors). I've gone to 2000 IU/day, and may supplement more after I see the results of the vitamin D test in my recent blood workup.

Stephen

#975 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

Additional anti- prostate cancer maneuvers:

along with vit. D, flax seeds (ground), cruciferous veggies, soy, tomato sauces, green tea, high omega-3 oil diet, low glycemic index diet, low red meat, low alpha linoleic acid diet, pomegranates, possibly finasteride/dutasteride, selenium, gamma-E vitamin.....

#976 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

400 IU of D in my daily. Though maybe i should up it?

...and I already mentioned green tea, omega 3, et.

#977 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

400 IU of D in my daily. Though maybe i should up it?

...and I already mentioned green tea, omega 3, et.

I'm taking 2000iu as well. I would read the extensive thread on vitamin D and come to your own conclusion.

#978 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

I'd say that 1000 IU is a bare minimum. Here's a Harvard news article. In a Creighton U. study, women had an overall reduction in cancer (all forms) of 77%, when cancers detected in the first year of the study were removed, and 60% otherwise. The ones showing this reduction were taking "1,400-1,500 mg supplemental calcium plus 1,100 IU of vitamin D3".

Obviously, no prostate cancer in this group of post-menopausal women, but since it affected all forms of cancer it strikes me as promising for prostate cancer too.

On the flip side, I also read this, um, advice:

Louis Warschaw Prostate Cancer Center Recommendation

* If you have inadequate vitamin D in your diet, take a multivitamin (such as Centrum). A multivitamin should contain 200 - 400 IU of vitamin D, which is all you need.

Well, I know where I won't be going if I ever get cancer ...

Stephen

#979 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

From reading on the internet, anything positve with resveratrol is usually attributed to mice. Wouldn't there be some beneficial human studies by now?  Why does Sinclair's name come up with most of the studies I read and he profits from saying this.  Also it seems like if I were a mouse I would have to eat damn near my body weight to be included in a study. Maybe in order for positive effects to be noticeable in humans, doses much higher than the ones used in current sudies are needed.  It seems like people have been taking doses of a gram or more daily for a year with no significant impact.

Significant results have been reported among Imminst users: Weight loss, improved lipids, arthritis improvement to name some.

OK. I guess I was looking for something I could put my hands on like the improved conditioning that studies suggest for the mice. It seems like blood tests are inconclusive. Would be nice to have some human studies.. seems like there would be more information out there if resveratrol was having a profound effect on humans.

#980 ilanso

• 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 09:59 PM

Additional anti-prostate cancer maneuvers:

along with vit. D, flax seeds (ground), cruciferous veggies, soy, tomato sauces, green tea, high omega-3 oil diet, low glycemic index diet, low red meat, low alpha linoleic acid diet

Aren't flax seeds chuck-full of alpha-linoleic acid? I was also under the impression that linoleic was inversely correlated with the incidence of prostate cancer, which explains flax's positive effects.
Soy is also something of a mixed bag. Some studies say that due to its estrogenic effects, it may be bad for breast and prostate cancers.

#981 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Flax seeds contain ALA, but, more importantly, lignans!

All bags are mixed!

1: Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jul;80(1):204-16.Links
Dietary intake of n-3 and n-6 fatty acids and the risk of prostate cancer.
Leitzmann MF, Stampfer MJ, Michaud DS, Augustsson K, Colditz GC, Willett WC, Giovannucci EL.

Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA. leitzmann@mail.nih.gov

BACKGROUND: Laboratory studies have shown that n-3 fatty acids inhibit and n-6 fatty acids stimulate prostate tumor growth, but whether the dietary intake of these fatty acids affects prostate cancer risk in humans remains unclear. OBJECTIVE: We prospectively evaluated the association between intakes of alpha-linolenic (ALA; 18:3n-3), eicosapentaenoic (EPA; 20:5n-3), docosahexaenoic (DHA; 22:6n-3), linoleic (LA; 18:2n-6), and arachidonic (AA; 20:4n-6) acids and prostate cancer risk. DESIGN: A cohort of 47 866 US men aged 40-75 y with no cancer history in 1986 was followed for 14 y. RESULTS: During follow-up, 2965 new cases of total prostate cancer were ascertained, 448 of which were advanced prostate cancer. ALA intake was unrelated to the risk of total prostate cancer. In contrast, the multivariate relative risks (RRs) of advanced prostate cancer from comparisons of extreme quintiles of ALA from nonanimal sources and ALA from meat and dairy sources were 2.02 (95% CI: 1.35, 3.03) and 1.53 (0.88, 2.66), respectively. EPA and DHA intakes were related to lower prostate cancer risk. The multivariate RRs of total and advanced prostate cancer from comparisons of extreme quintiles of the combination of EPA and DHA were 0.89 (0.77, 1.04) and 0.74 (0.49, 1.08), respectively. LA and AA intakes were unrelated to the risk of prostate cancer. The multivariate RR of advanced prostate cancer from a comparison of extreme quintiles of the ratio of LA to ALA was 0.62 (0.45, 0.86). CONCLUSIONS: Increased dietary intakes of ALA may increase the risk of advanced prostate cancer. In contrast, EPA and DHA intakes may reduce the risk of total and advanced prostate cancer.

PMID: 15213050 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#982 levkamensky

• 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

unglued,

If you believe Longevinex's claim that oxygen destroys the potency of resveratrol, then powder is probably almost insert. If you believe Anthony's claim that dry resveratrol is perfectly stable, then the powder is a better value per dollar. If you believe what Sirtrus Pharmaceuticals tells stock analysis and investment firms, no over-the-counter resveratrol can have enough bioavailability to activate sirtuins.

Unfortunately I don’t have a crystal ball. Why does Sinclair choose to take Longevinex? Does anyone know what his French colleague takes?

maxwatt,

You seem to be one of the more informed people here. I can understand you are motivated by a desire to get rid of your arthritis.

The need to encapsulate resveratrol is a myth promulgated by those marketing encapsulated products. If you read though the various resveratrol threads here, you'll find the issue was addressed in the seminal paper on resveratrol stability co-authored by Brent Trela. As a powder, pure trans-resveratrol is stable when not exposed to ultra-violet light, as from sunlight or laboratory fluorescent lights. In solution, trans-resveratrol is stable at pH under 11; above that level, it converts to cis-resveratrol. Acit solution actually converts cis-resveratrol into trans-resveratrol. At temperatures under 20 degrees Celsius, resveratrol is not particularly prone to oxidation. In short, when properly handled, stability is not an issue. Keep it cool, dry and in a dark place.

Thanks for the valuable information.

The method of extracting resveratrol from Japanese knotweed: after the plant has bloomed and died back for the season, the roots are dug up. This process involves cutting with sharp tools, and leaves many bits of root in the soil which grow back the following year. (This is why it is so hard to eliminate the plant from a field once it is established.) The root is washed and fermented; the resulting alcohol is used to extract the resveratrol from the ground-up root. I think this may fit within your ethical framework. The plant is not killed in the process, though the roots are cut, the cutting propagates the plant.

No it definitely would not be ethical. But depending on what it is I may do something unethical if my survival depends on it. What I would not do is rationalize and lie to myself that it is ethical, that would be weak. Thanks for the information anyway.

Anthony_Loera,

the quality of your 99% powder has been documented (By a third party Lab) to be tested at 99.7% trans-resveratrol

Can we please see the evidence.

How much is your powder?

craigb527,

I have read quite a few posts, and have in the past week begun taking 400/mg day of longevinex. I notice I feel stronger and appetite has decreased. Gave some to my father, just telling him it was good for him take it (he is 76 yrs old). He stopped by a week later saying how strong he was feeling. He had no idea why, and didn't know the pills may have caused his increased well- being.

I can confirm that. I almost have no appetite. I also didn’t have a hangover after staying up late.

Haven't really noticed people experiencing too many differences when they start taking resveratrol...

Could it be because most people here are not taking Longevinex?????

geo12the,

Synergetic effect of taking cranberry and resveratrol? Someone mentioned that acidity converts cis into trans. I’ll try that, I’ll just eat raw cranberries with my res. It’s one of my favorite fruits anyway.

#983 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

Anthony_Loera,
QUOTE (Anthony_Loera)
the quality of your 99% powder has been documented (By a third party Lab) to be tested at 99.7% trans-resveratrol

Can we please see the evidence.

How much is your powder?

Check the RevGenetics website... a lab COA available there, heck you can even call the lab. We use AACL Labs of Illinois. The phone number is on the COA itself if you plan on taking that extra step.

Regarding pricing, check the "Price Watch" thread here in this forum... it's only a couple clicks away! I assure you our prices are some of the best, but you can check the price watch and compare price per gram for yourself.

For those increasing their dosage from 500mg, we are the only folks offering a 1000mg capsule with 99%, for convenience. But I think many will simply choose the loose powder over the capsules.

thanks
A

#984 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

Levkamensky,

QUOTE (craigb527)
I have read quite a few posts, and have in the past week begun taking 400/mg day of longevinex. I notice I feel stronger and appetite has decreased. Gave some to my father, just telling him it was good for him take it (he is 76 yrs old). He stopped by a week later saying how strong he was feeling. He had no idea why, and didn't know the pills may have caused his increased well- being.

I can confirm that. I almost have no appetite. I also didn’t have a hangover after staying up late.

QUOTE (craigb527)
Haven't really noticed people experiencing too many differences when they start taking resveratrol...

I will say this... I bought a 32 oz bottle of resvinatrol complete at sam's wholesale. couple nights ago. 100 mg/ resveratrol per serving plus proanthcyanids, or whatever they are called, and a few other things. I began drinking this instead of longevinix. I have since consumed the whole bottle but felt nothing. The effects I felt when taking longevinix were no longer there. Maybe something else in longevinix or my body became used to it... I don't know... but I consumed 3.2 grams of resveratrol in roughly 2 days with no noticeable effects. It is possible that the resveratrol in liquid form slowed it down. Don't know.

#985 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:03 AM

I think a lot of people here are now taking high purity resveratrol (98% or better). The lower purity knotweed extracts such as Longevinex contain various other polyphenols that are responsible for the appetite suppression, euphoria, etc that a lot of people report.

I will say this... I bought a 32 oz bottle of resvinatrol complete at sam's wholesale. couple nights ago. 100 mg/ resveratrol per serving plus proanthcyanids, or whatever they are called, and a few other things. I began drinking this instead of longevinix. I have since consumed the whole bottle but felt nothing. The effects I felt when taking longevinix were no longer there. Maybe something else in longevinix or my body became used to it... I don't know... but I consumed 3.2 grams of resveratrol in roughly 2 days with no noticeable effects. It is possible that the resveratrol in liquid form slowed it down. Don't know.

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, resvinatrol complete can't hold that much resveratrol in solution because resveratrol is barely soluble in water. Unless the liquid was very opaque because there was a suspension of resveratrol in it, you probably only got several milligrams.

#986 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:18 AM

Would tend to agree with you. Seems strange that sam's wholesale would sell a bs product. Also Resvinatrol Complete sells a pill form that they claim is packaged like longevinix. Anyway what is the best source as far as purity etc. for Resveratrol? also I misquoted myself niner, that was someone else. I haven't figured out the quote thing yet.

#987 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:51 AM

Anyway what is the best source as far as purity etc. for Resveratrol?

I'd go for 98 or 99%. Regular commercial sources include RevGenetics, MegaResveratrol, Relentless Improvement, and Biotivia. There might be others. Of those four, I'd probably go with RevGenetics, since one of their people (Anthony Loera) hangs out here, so I know a lot about how they operate and they seem to be lowest cost. Biotivia people have been here as well, but didn't make a positive impression on me. R.I. seems like a very good outfit; their owner posts here from time to time. I don't know much about MegaResveratrol. Anthony maintains a price list for all known suppliers here: http://www.revgeneti...ing08172007.htm

I think a lot of the high dose users here are using powder, which is cheaper than caps. The highest purity resveratrol is tasteless, 98% varies.

#988 craigb527

• 116 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

Thanx Niner

#989 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

Does anyone else prefer a local test to a COA? After reading stories about the problems that can occur with COAs from China, I value a test by an independent lab more.

Stephen

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#990 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone else prefer a local test to a COA? After reading stories about the problems that can occur with COAs from China, I value a test by an independent lab more.

Stephen

Yes. That's why we opted to test sources from China, etc. I have been involved in several rounds of independent laboratory analysis for resveratrol: 2 with Paul Wakfer (synthetic 99%+ purity trans-resveratrol), and one with a group formed via these forums. All the resveratrol tested at ACL passed with 'flying colors.'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)