* * * * * 5 votes

"500 club" 500mg of trans-resveratrol per day

• Please log in to reply
1708 replies to this topic

#1531 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Anthony and Maxwatt,

My recipe is pretty simply. I add my 1/2 tsp lecithin into ~1 cup water and let it sit/stir until it dissolved. (some have reported letting it sit overnight). Add resveratrol and stir. I then place my glass into the bath of the sonicator (100W!!) which has ~2-3 inches of H20 in it and it ~1/3-1/2 the height of the liquid in the glass. Power on and I let it sonicate for ~ 5 minutes. 2-3 minutes looked too short for optimal dispersion and I did not want to go longer. Most liposome production methods I have read are along these lines. Then its chugging time.....

I'm looking around to find someone who will let me use their microscope w/ a micrometer and measure particle sizes before and after.........

Malbec

So Max, what would be your best advice for increasing bioavailability of resveratrol. Resveratrol with ? ? ? [glasses]

Use a surfactant, I prefer lecithin. Ultrasonic device to ensure dispersion in solution, hopefully will break down the particles so micronized resveratrol isn't needed.

To inhibit glucononidation, black pepper or an extract thereof. To inhibit sulfonation, possibly grapefruit juice or an extract -- this is surmise based on published sulfonation figures for various polyphenols, but hasn't been directly tested in any lab. I will be experimenting with cranberry to see if I note any effects.

Maxwatt,

Do you want to suggest a recipe for the sonicator? Sounds like you practically have a pretty complete one there.

Anthony

I'm trying this now. Unfortunately I bought the cheap-o cleaner from Amazon, oh well.
3 minutes didn't seem to do much yet but it's hard to tell. I used tsp lecithin and 500mg
T-Res powder non micronized. At first I tried liquid lecethin but its too messy to even
stir (sticks to the spoon) - so then I tried the granules. Trying a second 3 minutes now...

edit: looks like the second 3 minutes did it. Its much different than when I started. Still a bit
of undissolved stuff though. May need to increase the lecithin even more. Can't wait to
make liposomal ATP....

Edited by zorba990, 13 January 2009 - 10:45 PM.

#1532 unglued

• 171 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

When you are doing these tests, do you run the whole time, or walk fast part of the time? Do you hold onto the machine with your hands, or swing your arms?

I hold onto the pulse sensors on the handles. On the Startrac treadmill I've been doing frequently for years (3.4 mph, 0-12 incline), I walk. My natural pace is more like 3.75 mph, at least at low inclines. On the Freemotion treadmill I briefly had access to, I transitioned from a fast walk to a slow jog at about 5.0 mph.

I read in an authoritative physiology handbook someone lent me that one of the assumptions the tests make is that everyone has the same "mechanical efficiency" in walking/running, just as I speculated in my 2007 post. Having walked for so much of my life, I suspect I'm more efficient at it, which means I use less oxygen to walk at 3.4 mph than most people, so the VO2 my heart pumps with each beat is not as high as the calculation assumes. Still, the increase after months on resveratrol is interesting.

I also speculated that resveratrol might make the muscles burn oxygen more efficiently, as opposed to increasing the blood's capacity to carry it or making the heart pump it more powerfully with each beat. It's like trying to measure the size of your car's gas tank (or how much the gas pump filled it with in one minute of pumping) by seeing how far it can go. If resveratrol gives us more or cleaner-burning mitochondria that do more work for a given amount of oxygen, that would also look to the test like they're getting more oxygen. Not that the exact mechanism matters, practically speaking.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1533 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I also speculated that resveratrol might make the muscles burn oxygen more efficiently, as opposed to increasing the blood's capacity to carry it or making the heart pump it more powerfully with each beat. It's like trying to measure the size of your car's gas tank (or how much the gas pump filled it with in one minute of pumping) by seeing how far it can go. If resveratrol gives us more or cleaner-burning mitochondria that do more work for a given amount of oxygen, that would also look to the test like they're getting more oxygen. Not that the exact mechanism matters, practically speaking.

Yes, I believe the mice tests (and human for that matter) show bigger mitochondria, more mitochondria, and more efficient mitochondria that spew out fewer free radicals and live longer. Feel free to correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong that they showed all these things. It is possible that some were theorized, but not proven.

I vaguely remember reading that heart muscle cells were not given this mitochondrial boost -- that it was only the skeletal muscles. If so, then it would be mostly the receiving end that is making the difference, not the sending end (heart).

Just pondering some of this... I wonder if some of the anti-cancer properties have anything to do with the number of mitochondria present in the cells? If there are more mitochondria, is there a greater chance of some of them "realizing" that the cell is damaged and that can initiate apoptosis? Or at a minimum, play a larger role in bringing the cell down than they otherwise would have, even if they aren't the initators?

Obviously, if they spew out fewer free radicals, then cancer might not start in the first place, but I'm just wondering if they help regulate it better when it does start if there are more of them?

I think I read somewhere that billions of cells die every day (close to 100 billion??) and at the end of a year, the weight of all those deceased cells equals, approximately, our body weight. :)

Lastly, I wonder what benefits a *larger* mitochondria provides over a smaller one??

David

#1534 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

Yes, I believe the mice tests (and human for that matter) show bigger mitochondria, more mitochondria, and more efficient mitochondria that spew out fewer free radicals and live longer. Feel free to correct me, anyone, if I'm wrong that they showed all these things. It is possible that some were theorized, but not proven.

Mice, yes. Men, not formally shown. No biopsies I am aware of. Sirtris may know.

I vaguely remember reading that heart muscle cells were not given this mitochondrial boost -- that it was only the skeletal muscles. If so, then it would be mostly the receiving end that is making the difference, not the sending end (heart).

Worth looking up. Heart tissue is pretty tough to begin with, in terms of energy metabolism. However, Sirt7 activation prevents excessive collagen from forming in heart tissue, preventing heart enlargement in mice, and resveratrol activates Sirt7. So it is possible resveratrol use will prevent congestive heart failure ...
Circ Res. 2008 Mar 28;102(6):703-10. Epub 2008 Jan 31. Links
Sirt7 increases stress resistance of cardiomyocytes and prevents
apoptosis and inflammatory cardiomyopathy in mice.Vakhrusheva O,
Smolka C, Gajawada P, Kostin S, Boettger T, Kubin T, Braun T, Bober E.

Just pondering some of this... I wonder if some of the anti-cancer properties have anything to do with the number of mitochondria present in the cells? If there are more mitochondria, is there a greater chance of some of them "realizing" that the cell is damaged and that can initiate apoptosis? Or at a minimum, play a larger role in bringing the cell down than they otherwise would have, even if they aren't the initators?

Obviously, if they spew out fewer free radicals, then cancer might not start in the first place, but I'm just wondering if they help regulate it better when it does start if there are more of them?

I think I read somewhere that billions of cells die every day (close to 100 billion??) and at the end of a year, the weight of all those deceased cells equals, approximately, our body weight. ;)

Lastly, I wonder what benefits a *larger* mitochondria provides over a smaller one??

David

Restoring mitochondrial function to cancer cells results in apoptosis, death of the cancer cell. It does seem logical that healthier mitochondria will prevent cancer from getting established in tissue.

Larger mitochondria produce more energy. Some Guru once explained to me that: Mitochondria deteriorate with age; when a cell divides, the healthy mitochondia are not distributed evenly in the daughter cells, and with age defective mitochondria are preferentially proliferated. With age, muscles become replete with cells whose mitochondria are non functioning or poorly functioning.

#1535 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Mice, yes. Men, not formally shown. No biopsies I am aware of. Sirtris may know.

Worth looking up. Heart tissue is pretty tough to begin with, in terms of energy metabolism. However, Sirt7 activation prevents excessive collagen from forming in heart tissue, preventing heart enlargement in mice, and resveratrol activates Sirt7. So it is possible resveratrol use will prevent congestive heart failure ...

I think I read somewhere that billions of cells die every day (close to 100 billion??) and at the end of a year, the weight of all those deceased cells equals, approximately, our body weight. ;)

David

Restoring mitochondrial function to cancer cells results in apoptosis, death of the cancer cell. It does seem logical that healthier mitochondria will prevent cancer from getting established in tissue.

Larger mitochondria produce more energy. Some Guru once explained to me that: Mitochondria deteriorate with age; when a cell divides, the healthy mitochondia are not distributed evenly in the daughter cells, and with age defective mitochondria are preferentially proliferated. With age, muscles become replete with cells whose mitochondria are non functioning or poorly functioning.

Do you think ALA/ALCAR would compliment this?

#1536 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:06 AM

David

Do you think ALA/ALCAR would compliment this?

No. I used to think so, but I find I am feeling better without these when taking resveratrol. Not a formal proof, just an observation of my energy levels and exercise capacity.

#1537 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

This study on caloric restriction and caloric restriction plus exercise in humans was the the one I was thinking of. There is so much overlap between caloric restriction and resveratrol, that it got filed away in the same folder in my brain. ;)

It didn't show bigger mitochondria, but it did show more mitochondrial mass and more efficient mitochondria that also result in less DNA damage.

Nice. I found this other study on CR and resveratrol in mice.
Resveratrol in high doses has been shown to extend lifespan in some studies in invertebrates and to prevent early mortality in mice fed a high-fat diet. We fed mice from middle age (14-months) to old age (30-months) either a control diet, a low dose of resveratrol (4.9 mg kg(-1) day(-1)), or a calorie restricted (CR) diet and examined genome-wide transcriptional profiles. We report a striking transcriptional overlap of CR and resveratrol in heart, skeletal muscle and brain. Both dietary interventions inhibit gene expression profiles associated with cardiac and skeletal muscle aging, and prevent age-related cardiac dysfunction. Dietary resveratrol also mimics the effects of CR in insulin mediated glucose uptake in muscle. Gene expression profiling suggests that both CR and resveratrol may retard some aspects of aging through alterations in chromatin structure and transcription. Resveratrol, at doses that can be readily achieved in humans, fulfills the definition of a dietary compound that mimics some aspects of CR.

I looked, but could not find where I saw that heart mitchondria density was not increased through resveratrol (or CR). I may have dreamed it up all by myself. Of course, I couldn't find any studies showing that it was increased in the heart either. Just studies stating overlap in gene expression in heart muscles by CR and resveratrol and general heart health.

Some Guru once explained to me that: Mitochondria deteriorate with age; when a cell divides, the healthy mitochondia are not distributed evenly in the daughter cells, and with age defective mitochondria are preferentially proliferated. With age, muscles become replete with cells whose mitochondria are non functioning or poorly functioning.

I just found this study, discussing situations where mitochondrial density may *increase* aging.

Problems and paradigms
Mitochondria and ageing: winning and losing in the numbers game
AbstractMitochondrial dysfunction has long been considered a key mechanism in the ageing process but surprisingly little attention has been paid to the impact of mitochondrial number or density within cells. Recent reports suggest a positive association between mitochondrial density, energy homeostasis and longevity. However, mitochondrial number also determines the number of sites generating reactive oxygen species (ROS) and we suggest that the links between mitochondrial density and ageing are more complex, potentially acting in both directions. The idea that increased density, especially when combined with mitochondrial dysfunction, might accelerate ageing is supported by a negative correlation between mitochondrial density and maximum longevity in an interspecies comparison in mammals, and by evidence for an intimate interconnection between cellular ROS levels, mitochondrial density and cellular ageing. Recent data suggest that retrograde response, which activates mitochondrial biogenesis, accompanies cellular ageing processes. We hypothesise that increased mitochondrial biogenesis, and possibly also impaired degradation and segregation of mitochondria, if occurring as adaptation to pre-existing mitochondrial dysfunction, might aggravate ROS production and thus actively contribute to ageing.

That seems to correlate with what the guru told you, if I am reading correctly?

Seems to me that we want to keep our mitochondria as healthy as possible to prevent this type of cascade and to prevent filling up the cell with dysfunctional mitochondria.

Another thing to ponder.... If we get a bunch of healthy mitochondria from resveratrol supplementation (or CR), what happens to those mitochondria if we remove the resveratrol? Do they continue being healthy, or do we risk them degrading to dsyfunctional mitochondria, thus effectively aging us?

Can we turn dysfunctional mitochondria into healthy mitochondria by adding resveratrol? Or will it simply cause the dysfunctional mitochondria to die off? And if they die off, will they take the cell with them?

I understand that mitochondria can increase in numbers in a cell, but I don't understand yet whether mitochondria can decrease in numbers, without taking the cell with them?

Have there been any studies on CR, where an animal was subjected to CR for the first half of life and then fed a normal diet for the rest of their life? If so, did they still live longer than those fed a regular diet their whole life, or did they live shorter lives?

Larger mitochondria produce more energy.

Let me rephrase that. I wonder what benefits a larger mitochondrion provides over multiple, smaller ones that equal the mass of the larger one? Is there strength in numbers, or strength in being the 800 pound gorilla?

David

#1538 Rossi

• 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

On 500 mg for three to four weeks now. No major negative effects. Probably very slight laxative effect. Headaches with alcohol possibly due to lowering of blood sugar. Often a feeling of great vitality. Probable 10 point drop in systolic.

#1539 stevei

• 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

I have been consuming resveratrol on and off for a little over a year now. 600mg per day as 2 x 300mg doses, but recently tried adding a 3rd 300mg dose. My observations on the effects:

Immediate improved aerobic exercise performance. Greater improvement with 900mg vs 600mg.

Degraded muscle repair after exercise. No significant aching like you expect when muscle repair is taking place. Muscle fatigue accumulates with daily intense training when taking resveratrol. Quite possibly a greater degradation with 900mg vs 600mg. This swiftly counters the effects of the improved aerobic performance, typically leading to a decline in performance after a few days.

Exercise performance improves when I stop taking it, peaking at approx 2 weeks after ceasing resveratrol supplementation, before declining again. I assume this is due to a combination of muscle rebuilding occurring plus the aerobic enhancement wearing off, with peak performance occurring at the optimal combination of these two factors.

Sleep disruption, whereby I wake up too early, feel like I have not had enough sleep, but cannot get back to sleep. This becomes exhausting after a few weeks. It gets worse the longer I take resveratrol, and persists for several days after ceasing it. I have only used 50% so far, so will try 99% some time in the hope that it doesn't cause sleep disruption.

I plan to experiment with different dosing regimes such as alternating one week on, one week off. What I will be looking to achieve is to accumulate enhanced aerobic performance over a long period, but without accumulating muscle fatigue.
Muscle fatigue isn't going to be such a problem for people who aren't training at the limit of their body's regenerative capacity.

#1540 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

Degraded muscle repair after exercise. No significant aching like you expect when muscle repair is taking place. Muscle fatigue accumulates with daily intense training when taking resveratrol. Quite possibly a greater degradation with 900mg vs 600mg. This swiftly counters the effects of the improved aerobic performance, typically leading to a decline in performance after a few days.

Thanks for sharing. What type of muscles are you using and for what type of activities and for how long?

David

#1541 stevei

• 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for sharing. What type of muscles are you using and for what type of activities and for how long?

Whole body - swimming, 5 or 6 times a week for approx 90 mins each session. I'm in my late 30s, would probably have recovered better when younger. The fatigue manifests itself as a very very mild ache, but most noticeably a feeling of a lack of "oomph" in my muscles when I swim, the speed of limb movement isn't there.

#1542 nikmetax

• 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

On 1000 mg for 2 years(4x250mg Bioforte everyday).Now I take 500 mg every morning about 6 months. No negative effects.
Im 44 years old

#1543 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

On 1000 mg for 2 years(4x250mg Bioforte everyday).Now I take 500 mg every morning about 6 months. No negative effects.
Im 44 years old

Except apostrophe atrophy! ;)

#1544 mykee50

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Im 44 years old

Except apostrophe atrophy! :)

I see you take a Bioforte brand supplement. I'm looking to jump on the resveratrol bandwagon. Is there a consensus on this forum as to what brand and formulation to start out with? I will not buy into the RezV product line. It seems to be a high price re-order scam. Thanks for any help, Mike

#1545 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

No consensus,

most folks look at the purity of the supplement over the brand name, if a COA is available. However price can be a factor if you compare two equally pure products.

Generally 98% or 99% trans-resveratrol is some of the purest resveratrol available, while micronized is considered simply because the particles in the material are smaller than your red blood cells, and are considered to be better absorbed over regular resveratrol.

Cheers
A

#1546 nikmetax

• 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

Im 44 years old.
last week (Thursday) i wake up and I cant see from my right eye.I went to the oculist and diagnosed obstruction branch vein because high pressure 216/125.He gave me Plavix.
Afterwards I went to cardiologist(he said:centralized dysfunction of left abdomen because high pressure) which gave me carvepen (carvedilol), and pill for the pressure.The pressure said is about a year high, i I did not feel nothing absolutely
Should I continue take resveratrol 500 or I stop.
regards

#1547 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Im 44 years old.
last week (Thursday) i wake up and I cant see from my right eye.I went to the oculist and diagnosed obstruction branch vein because high pressure 216/125.He gave me Plavix.
Afterwards I went to cardiologist(he said:centralized dysfunction of left abdomen because high pressure) which gave me carvepen (carvedilol), and pill for the pressure.The pressure said is about a year high, i I did not feel nothing absolutely
regards

For medical advice you should consult your doctor(s).

It is unclear to me whether you are taking a 50% resveratrol or a 98 or 99% pure resveratrol extract. I know of no one who has taken as much for as long of a 50% extract as you may have been doing. It is conceivable that one of the other plant substances in a 50% extract might have something to do with your condition.

#1548 nikmetax

• 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Im 44 years old.
regards

For medical advice you should consult your doctor(s).

It is unclear to me whether you are taking a 50% resveratrol or a 98 or 99% pure resveratrol extract. I know of no one who has taken as much for as long of a 50% extract as you may have been doing. It is conceivable that one of the other plant substances in a 50% extract might have something to do with your condition.

I take about 2 years Bioforte 250 polygonum (is resveratrol with emodin;)from Biotivia company.The last 7-8 months I take Transmax from the same company pure trans resveratrol isomer 500mg per day.
regards

#1549 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

Im 44 years old.
regards

So what you are saying is that you think you had a reaction to the resveratrol you mentioned?

Is that correct?

A

#1550 nikmetax

• 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Im 44 years old.
regards

So what you are saying is that you think you had a reaction to the resveratrol you mentioned?

Is that correct?

A

i dont know. I confirm a situation, and I make a question.
regards

#1551 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

I'd stop the Bioforte, for sure. Hopefully you can get your condition rectified. Only after getting your blood pressure and any other health problems resolved would I consider taking t-resvertrol again, and, likely, I'd try a different source. I stopped using Bioforte several years ago after becoming ill with an undiagnosed condition that, thankfully, revolved after several months. The problems occurred when I was taking Bioforte and resolved after I stopped taking it, incidental or no. I now take relatively large amounts of high purity t-reseveratrol without problems, but not Bioforte brand, FWIW.

#1552 nikmetax

• 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

I'd stop the Bioforte, for sure. Hopefully you can get your condition rectified. Only after getting your blood pressure and any other health problems resolved would I consider taking t-resvertrol again, and, likely, I'd try a different source. I stopped using Bioforte several years ago after becoming ill with an undiagnosed condition that, thankfully, revolved after several months. The problems occurred when I was taking Bioforte and resolved after I stopped taking it, incidental or no. I now take relatively large amounts of high purity t-reseveratrol without problems, but not Bioforte brand, FWIW.

I ask Biotivia and send methis mail:
Resveratrol has additive effect when used along with anti-hypertensive drugs like carvepen. Dose adjustment is a must after closely monitoring the situation.
The another drug referred here was clodipogrel (Plavix) an anti-platelet aggregator. Resveratrol has intrinsic anti-platelet aggregation activity. Use of Bioforte containing resveratrol 250 mg along with other polyphenols and peicid form would definitely increase the overall activity. An ideal condition would be anti-platelet activity with decrease in serum lipid levels (LDL) and increase in HDL levels.
The exact mechanism of anti-platelet activity of resveratrol is unknown since resveratrol at various concentrations significantly inhibited platelet aggregation induced by collagen, thrombin, and ADP in a concentration- dependent manner (minimum of 4 mg /kg/day). On the contrary resveratrol does not decrease the serum lipid levels especially LDL and increase in HDL is minimal.

Patients having history of higher cholesterol and taking anti-platelet aggregator medicines should be cautious while using resveratrol. It may increase the risk of bleeding and even LDL levels.
Bioforte/Transmax is safe to used but with proper dose adjustment. Maybe a two week wash-out period would definitely help. After two weeks, Nikmetax can start with 1 Bioforte capsule per day.

#1553 Lori

• 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

On 500 mg for three to four weeks now. No major negative effects. Probably very slight laxative effect. Headaches with alcohol possibly due to lowering of blood sugar. Often a feeling of great vitality. Probable 10 point drop in systolic.

Have you tried Resveratrol 99% Pure from megaresveratrol.com? It's supposed to contain (1 capsule) 500mg capsule/ serving delivers 495mg of bioactive trans-resveratrol. They post certificates of concentration on the website. I read that you need to take about 1000mg for a person weighing about 100-150 lbs. I have been reading the posts but no one mentions this brand.

#1554 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Probably because most people here use Revgenetics. I think that 500 mgs is a prudent dose for the average person, (99% pure Micronized). Im currently using the Revgen "Nitro 250" which probably equates to a 500 mgs dosage. Most people cant afford a 1000 mg dose a day or perhaps tolerate it. I prefer the board sponsored brand because I have had better results with it and I think that the company is one of integrity. The owner uses it himself, that doesnt mean that other companies products are bad, its just that low emodin content, purity, and micronization are pre-requisite for most people in order to avoid side effects and continue use. I hope that helps you.

#1555 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:10 AM

I prefer the board sponsored brand

Just for the record, ImmInst doesn't sponsor, or to my knowledge, even take a position on vendors. RevGenetics is a sponsor of the Resveratrol forum, which means they pay ImmInst a modest fee in exchange for displaying their logo. My personal view of RevGenetics is that it is an ethical, high quality company. I say that as a private citizen, not speaking for ImmInst.

#1556 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

Im not speaking for Imminist nor am I speaking for Revgen as a shill.. If they didnt "take a position on vendors" there wouldnt be an ad. Their "modest fee" must be more than a Full Members. In any event, there are people that come here to discuss the benefits and general utility of this supplement. If they were all of equal quaility, I wouldnt be suggesting anything to anyone who seemed to be posing a question about relative experience with aforementioned product. Its no gigantic secret who has the best products and what those products are. There are others who have heard of Resveratrol and want to use it to improve their health. Thats why they post here, to find information that may improve their health and lives. Im simply sharing my opinion based on personal experience.

#1557 lulinha

• 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hummm, dosage of resv. would be recommended for a 28 yr old gilr (or woman, i guess :|o ) weighing 155 lbs???

#1558 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:23 PM

aside from Anthony being a decent guy, I think it's foolish to cheap out on a supplement like resveratrol. this stuff isn't like Vitamin D where everyone makes it and it is a total commodity. I would buy from a place like RevGenetics because they test every batch made for mercury (like Anthony's prior posts show). Any buzz-oriented product like Resveratrol is going to have a bunch of companies rushing into the market to try to make a buck. Trying to save a few dollars for the 'unknown' health risks from a half-ass product isn't worth it.

You get what you pay for... I'd rather pay up, personally.

#1559 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hummm, dosage of resv. would be recommended for a 28 yr old gilr (or woman, i guess :) ) weighing 155 lbs???

I would go between 250 to 500 mgs of micronized 99% pure at one dose daily, within 3 hours of awakening.If you use the licap version, you will only need one a day. Just my opinion.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1560 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

aside from Anthony being a decent guy, I think it's foolish to cheap out on a supplement like resveratrol. this stuff isn't like Vitamin D where everyone makes it and it is a total commodity. I would buy from a place like RevGenetics because they test every batch made for mercury (like Anthony's prior posts show). Any buzz-oriented product like Resveratrol is going to have a bunch of companies rushing into the market to try to make a buck. Trying to save a few dollars for the 'unknown' health risks from a half-ass product isn't worth it.

You get what you pay for... I'd rather pay up, personally.

I agree with you. I was dissappointed with similar products from other sources. This is a new market and purchasing the best is probably more than a good idea. I want purity, quality and value for my supplements. Im ingesting them for specific benefits. The company mentioned has a low dosed product that is affordable, absorbable, and is seemingly well tolerated by my middle-aged physiology. Its simply common sense, to be practical and pragmatic.

Edited by 2tender, 20 April 2009 - 09:29 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users