• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Simultaneous Worldwide Flyer Postings

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#211 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

I saw this on one of the web comics I read.
Posted Image

I don't get it... [glasses]

#212 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

I don't get it... [glasses]

There are 3 bubbles (A, B, C), and the D bubble encompasses all the others. (in other words, applies to all of them)

So everything is way too short (toddlers too short to ride the roller coaster, hair is too short, and life is too short)

#213 JohnDoe1234

• 1,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:58 PM

oh oh oh.... Alright, that makes sense, I didn't even realize it was a Venn diagram

I was sitting here thinking "ok, their hair is too short.... alright? so?"

sponsored ad

• Advert

#214 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:40 PM

The reason I thought this diagram would be effective is because not only does it pique curiosity but it sets the context in which they are exposed to the meme. People seeing this will most likely agree with 'life is way too short' after seeing this diagram whereas in a 'playing god' context they would immediately disagree. In other words, Automatic/reflex reactions and opinions depend on context, so with this you will get the site hits you want while gradually introducing the concept and controlling the context.

#215 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:16 AM

Taking this to the top for some newer members that may not have seen it.

#216 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:56 AM

What ever happened to this idea? I guess it kind of died?

#217 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

It looks like everyone was waiting for a few things to be ready and then release it all at once (http://www.imminst.o...gns-t14732.html).

#218 Aegist

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

I guess it has a lot to do with me not driving it anymore. It shouldn't require any one person to drive it, but that is the nature of such things of course. Everything is almost in place for us to simply say "OK, lets go" We just need to post a reply with 3 or 4 optional flyers (we had a bunch designed, but never agreed on one) and then we need to tell people a day to go and do it. (and get the volunteers to sign up to do it.)

#219 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

Im going to help you energize this again. This is a great simple idea and Im going to put some thought into helping driving it forward. If anybody else has any ideas post them here. Lets meet to discuss this stuff at the saturday brainstorm meeting. Print this schedule off and post it by your computer: imminst.org/meetings Thats one simple thing you can do right now to help energize this project.

#220 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image

Now theres a good flyer.

Where is that flyers link again anyways? Can somebody post it... If theres not an imminst.org/flyers then do you all think we should have one? Somebody could make a thumb nail of each poster style with a download link next to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users