Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Five Tibetan Rites

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Militis

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 01:15 AM

There is a popular exercise regime called "The 5 Tibetan Rites", which claims to reverse the aging process. Not immortality but if it only added a couple of years that might
be enough for something elsr to come along and a couple more perhaps ad infinitum?

The author of the original book, Peter Kelder wrote the first edition in 1939 and was still
alive when the Doubleday edition came out in 1988. This new edition has testimonials from many people including Bernie Siegal MD and other doctors.

Has anyone on the board tried these exercise?

I am starting a Transhumanist Study Group in West Palm Beach Fl , and it would be fascinating and of practical value for a group of individuals to measure the difference
if any, this and other exercises made to the health metrics.

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 05:45 AM

Welcome Militis,

The closest thing for me is Yoga... I've found it to be an effective relaxation, strength, and streching exercise. It also helps to have a good teacher.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 fueki

• 46 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:35 PM

look what I've found at http://www.yrec.info/sutra-t106.html It says The immortality of body is achieved through an ancient yogic practice called 'Kaya Kalp'. Did somebody hear about this method?

#4 Houstonian

• 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

I found the Five Tibetan Rites to be very useful. I've been doing them for the past couple years. Time wise they don't take long to do and you don't need any equipment. It's harder than it looks and there are alternatives to the five to help you get started. I found them helpful in strengthening my entire body, especially my core and shoulders. I'm a BIG fan of their benefits!

Here's a link but I recommend you also read the book. It's a thin book and I just read the library's copy. I didn't find it necessary to buy one.

http://web.archive.o...ibetanRites.htm

Anyone else out there doing the Five Tibetan Rites?

#5 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:14 PM

I found the Five Tibetan Rites to be very useful. I've been doing them for the past couple years. Time wise they don't take long to do and you don't need any equipment. It's harder than it looks and there are alternatives to the five to help you get started. I found them helpful in strengthening my entire body, especially my core and shoulders. I'm a BIG fan of their benefits!

Here's a link but I recommend you also read the book. It's a thin book and I just read the library's copy. I didn't find it necessary to buy one.

wow. I've been doing them my whole adult life without even realizing they were tibetan rites. They just felt good.
With the spinning however, I spin both ways. I thought whatever you do on one side you should do on the other.
my idea of balance.
I actually do full out backbends from a standing position. I used to be able to do reps of 10.
But I goofed off for a few years in my late fifties and when I started up again, I could only to 2 or 3 at a time without
feeling weak. Recently I've been feeling stonger (although not today. I did two and sat down) and building back up
to 6 to 8. up dog and downward dog I always incorporated into my routine with a few pushups at the end, but basically I have
been doing the 5 Tibetan Rites without even knowing it. Their version of a crunch and leg lift is exactly how I do it. It just feels
right.
They work. At least for me. I think having a personal routine that strengthens and stretches at the same time
is the most efficient way to exercise. If you listen to your body, it will tell you what to do. If you are not that in
touch with your physical body, Yoga classes will help direct you. They'll help either way.

#6 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

That web page is titled Five Tibetan Rites, but they are labeled one through six.

#7 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

That web page is titled Five Tibetan Rites, but they are labeled one through six.

The sixth is for extra credit! :wink:

#8 Houstonian

• 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

The sixth is for extra credit! :wink:

What is in a name anyway! Here's another link that also shows the alternatives if you are having difficulties.

http://www.mkproject...ibetanRites.htm

#9 stayin_alive

• 84 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

Houstonian,
Nice Post and good to read your other comments in various threads.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Arjiuna

• 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:03 AM

Bringing this forward another five years! I've been doing T5T inconsistently for the past 2 years, and for the brevity of the routine the benefits are consistent: a breathe-easy feeling and reduction in mental stress or anxiety, improvements in passive strength. Anybody interested could go to t5t.com and grab the old free version of the book - it reads like a classic Charles Atlas advertisement, but still fun. The 6th rite - no sexual release - is of course the kicker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users