Photo
- - - - -

Your own energy drink

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:46 PM

If you could create your own energy drink, what it would contains?

#2 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

I like maca and unsweetened cocoa in a strong green tea that is sweetened with xylitol.

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:36 AM

Tyrosine
Caffeine
Glucoronolactone

That would be my preferred basic drink.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 fast turtle

• 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

Honey sweetened green tea with 25mg phenmetrazine.

#5 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:31 AM

D2O ;)

#6 boily

• 171 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

Not sure about my own recipe, but I sure know Red Bull works wonders. Caffeine, taurine, B vitamins and sugar. If I'm really lacking in energy I down one, and energy is restored. I would only drink about 5 or so each year.....

#7 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

I haven't found anything that's as good as Yerba Mate. Love the stuff. Tyrosine makes me crazy, and I can't take those canned drinks with ludicrous amounts of caffeine.

#8 catdaddy

• 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

Has anyone here tried coca tea? I was reading about it recently and it seems like it might be worth a shot. Link here:

http://www.amazon.co...72954637&sr=8-1

#9 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

I ordered coca tea but it got seize at the border (I live in Canada).

Phenmetrazine? Is this stuff legal? Where do you get that?

D2O? You mean, Heavy Water? Is this a kind of joke?

#10 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

If you could create your own energy drink, what it would contain?

Chuck Norris

#11 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:35 AM

guru lite, is basically the perfect energy drink
http://www.guruenerg...dients_reg.html
sweetened with luo han go(sp?) and stevia
125mg caffeine from guarana, and enough ginko and ginseng to feel

if i was gonna make my own:
100% all B-vits
1G chocomine
100mg caffeine from guarana
stevia/lhg sweetened

#12 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:43 AM

Has anyone here tried coca tea? I was reading about it recently and it seems like it might be worth a shot. Link here:

http://www.amazon.co...72954637&sr=8-1

lol @ cocaine tea

#13 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:36 AM

I haven't consumed a regular "soft drink" in years, but I confess to have had my fair share of over-priced, sucralose laiden Monster Lo-Carb and Sobe No Fear Sugar Free "energy drinks". Not for the energy mind you (although the SoBe's are at the top of the list for caffeine). I just love the taste. Especially the SoBe No Fear but they are too expensive (I guess its a good thing really). I beat myself up so much for buying one when I'm on the go that it hardly happens now.

For green tea I switched to instant green tea from TeaTech. It comes in a foil tube and I get the one already sweetened with Stevia. Its really the only way I can drink green tea now. 300mg polyphenols (100mg EGCG) with 40mg caffeine per serving. I take my 1G of taurine, an Activated B-complex, and 250mg of Yerba Mate with water first. Then sip down the tea as I start work each morning in the home office.

#14 buck1s

• 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

I drank lots of coca tea during my trip to Peru last year. The coca plant is prized, and rightfully so, for the stamina it can help you sustain at altitude. It doesn't make you "high" in any sense. Honestly, I didn't notice any effects even at 7-8 cups a day. Maybe it was preventing me from realizing the negative effects from going east coast (US) near sea level to 13k+ feet for a couple of weeks.

#15 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

Big Key: Stay away from fructose.

#16 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

but I confess to have had my fair share of over-priced, sucralose laiden Monster Lo-Carb and Sobe No Fear Sugar Free "energy drinks"

I also drink these (maybe one a week) and they work quite well. I only buy them when they are on sale like 5.50 for a 4 pack, or 2 for 3.00. Is there any place to get them any cheaper? If I had to improve these I would do away with the artificial sweeteners and go with stevia. Also, maybe little less caffeine and replace it with a small amount of some other stimulant.

I also like Redline, but it is too expensive to buy very often.

#17 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

Is there any place to get them any cheaper?

Costco, but that is in BULK.

#18 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

Circle K often has a good deal on which ever ones they are trying move... if you have one of those near you. Here they have Monster on a 2-fer.

#19 fast turtle

• 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

It's plenty legal on my south-pacific yacht. [thumb]

#20 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:56 AM

It's plenty legal on my south-pacific yacht. [thumb]

Could your yacht navigate to Canada...? [wis]

#21 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:11 PM

I laid on an "alternative" punch for the non-drinkers at one of my parties that was basically a sharp fruit combination (Grapefruit and Cranberry with a bit of smooth orange) with a large pack of guarana powder mixed in and a kilo of ice. Tasted like a sea breeze and certainly got things started but I was still getting rid of some of them at 4am!

Sentinel

#22 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

I would put all my fruit extracts together (take away the capsules), so powered form of:
acai, goji, mangosteen, noni, pomegranate, blueberry and red rasberry and put in some rhodiola and gurana and B vitamins

Mix all that in blueberry pulp and pomegrante juice concentrate (for sweetness and a nice thick texture and purple colour) and you have yourself an energy drink! (would make for a cool punch at parties too)

#23 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

I would put all my fruit extracts together (take away the capsules), so powered form of:
acai, goji, mangosteen, noni, pomegranate, blueberry and red rasberry and put in some rhodiola and gurana and B vitamins

Mix all that in blueberry pulp and pomegrante juice concentrate (for sweetness and a nice thick texture and purple colour) and you have yourself an energy drink! (would make for a cool punch at parties too)

Nice! That sounds best to me...

A couple changes for my tastes though - remove the pulp, and add at least a gram of taurine. Maybe I'm just old school.

#24 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:08 PM

I drink the So Be No Fears myself...I also like smoothies.

#25 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:51 AM

I used to just by a 400ml bottle of blueberry pulp and drink it like an ordinary drink... mmmmmm Its supposed to be for sauces or toppings but eating (well drinking) the equivalent of 1/2 kilo of blueberries in a matter of seconds seemed like a pretty good idea to me ;)

However those pulps have been flash pasterised so I dont know if that negated all the good effects anyway. Still tasted good!

#26 alana

• 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

I ordered coca tea but it got seize at the border (I live in Canada).

D2O? You mean, Heavy Water? Is this a kind of joke?

When you order directly from South America, the tea may not have all the paperwork to get in Canada or USA, custom policy, quality control, Expiration dates, ISO, DEA control, etc. The only place that you can get it legally in Canada and US is Amazon.com , just search for coca tea.
It will not be seized at the order because it is from a reputable vendor that has checked already the papers to aloud the product to be sold to the public.
Good Luck
http://www.amazon.co...2430727-3320615

#27 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:38 PM

I use to buy coca tea off the internet. However, I abused all things stimulant and now I cannot even have a little bit. And yes, you CAN get quite a high from this stuff. I use to drink it obsessively. It was active in the 45-60 gram range, a very beautiful "high" and a VERY quick crash. Anything in the stimulant variety now instantly gives me back aches, there is no point for me to take any stimulant.

Also, it is illegal and if you have any in your urine good luck explaining "it was a tea!"

#28 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:08 AM

I decided to get my capped "energy drink" from customcapsule.com

Ingredients

Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 MG
Evodiamine 10 MG
Grape Seed Extract (95% OPC) 100 MG
L-Carnitine Fumerate 100 MG
L-Theanine 50 MG
Maca powder (Lepedium Meyenii) 200 MG
Na R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (NaR-ALA) 150 MG
Resveratrol (From Polygonum cuspidatum) 50 MG
Synephrine HCl 5 MG
Theobromine 100 MG
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 500 MCG
Guggul ( 10% Guggulsterones) 180 MG

Hopefully it will work good as it looks :)

#29 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

BTW This is per dose (3 caps)

#30 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

I used to just by a 400ml bottle of blueberry pulp and drink it like an ordinary drink... mmmmmm Its supposed to be for sauces or toppings but eating (well drinking) the equivalent of 1/2 kilo of blueberries in a matter of seconds seemed like a pretty good idea to me :)

However those pulps have been flash pasterised so I dont know if that negated all the good effects anyway. Still tasted good!

Was this just unsweetened mashed blueberries?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)