• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Religious Belief and Mental Illness

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 william7

• 1,777 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

I mean, if I was an isrealite, I might get confused by these lines, and think that god *actually* condoned slavery.

He did condone slavery for the pagan people who did not worship Him. He despised the religions they made especially where they permitted the sacrifice of children in the fire. Deuteronomy 18:9-13. This is why He drove them out of the land and gave it to the Israelites.

But you must remember that very early on in the Scriptures God shows He planned to eventually bless all the peoples of the nations through Abraham's progeny, i.e., through Moses law, the prophets, and Christ's teachings and sacrifice. See, for example, Genesis 12:1-3; 26:2-4. And this is what I'm trying to explain to you. God has been giving us His plan - slowly by our standard of reckoning time - for living in the right way necessary for achieving peace and harmony and living a long, healthy, and satisfying life.

God should be much more clear with his instructions!

Try the plain meaning rule of statutory construction. See http://en.wikipedia....ki/Literal_rule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users