- - - - -

Arthur Jones Resource

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:06 AM

Despite my personal views toward HIT, I've been fascinated by Arthur Jones since I first looked into him. I just found this site the other day, which has a large chunk of his writings for free. I've certainly been enjoying going through them, particularly his autobiography.

www.arthurjonesexercise.com

#2 Shepard

• Topic Starter
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:07 PM

I guess I should note for anyone interested that Jones died on Tuesday at the age of 80.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

HIT cardio is very good for fat loss. better than regular cardio.

#4 Shepard

• Topic Starter
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

Does HIT cardio = HIIT?

If so, yeah, if we're looking at Calories/minute. But, Jones didn't have anything to do with the rise of HIIT.

#5 mike250

• 981 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

yep High intensity interval training. I read somewhere it can alter gene expression as well- but not sure about that-.

Mike Menzter was also a keen advocate of HIT. I liked the short and intense workouts but he kinda went to the extreme with his ideas later on.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 icyT

• 326 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

Since Mentzer's out now, Ellington Darden (he's been associated with Bowflex, which is part of the Nautilus company Jones set up) has taken over promoting the idea.

HIT = High Intensity Training
HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training.

A bit of a difference, HIIT is done for simultaneously stressing both anaerobic and aerobic pathways, HIT is done for muscle growth to exhaust the most fibres maximally in a single set.

Jones fascinates me a lot too, which is why I put a quote of his in my sig on bb.com a while back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users